Is their such a thing as a funny female comedienne ??

jambojackbilly

jambojackbilly

Flicked on to that Miranda guff on Beeb right now, dreadful stuff

Thinking of a funny female, not many if any

I know they have had to wait for their chance as the males led the way, but i think its about time we seen one or give a guy who's funny a chance

Laughed at Joan Rivers once :smiley2:

Flicked on to that Miranda guff on Beeb right now, dreadful stuff

Thinking of a funny female, not many if any

I know they have had to wait for their chance as the males led the way, but i think its about time we seen one or give a guy who's funny a chance

Laughed at Joan Rivers once :smiley2:

When I think of female comediennes I always think of how utterly pish Jo Brand is.

I then quickly try to think of something / anything else, just as long as its not Jo Brand.

jambojackbilly

Oh i'd forgot about those two talents, the latter has her moments the other is nout special but if you enjoy that type of tripe :th_o: fair enough :smiley2:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I've found Shappi Khorsandi mildly entertaining in the past but she's often quick to play the race joke which just puts me right off.

Quite tidy as well.

Khorsandi320x.jpg

On the whole though, women are generally very unfunny.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Not necessarily stand-up but Tina Fey, Sarah Silverman, Amy Poehler and Kristin Wiig can all be very funny.

Was thinking a similar question this morning, when watching Live at the Apollo i've never actually pished maself laughing at a female comedienne. Funniest i've seen is a black lass cannae mind her name now.

i saw dobby from peep show doing some stand-up and she was half decent. her and a few others mentioned above are alright, but the vast majority are rank,

Was thinking a similar question this morning, when watching Live at the Apollo i've never actually pished maself laughing at a female comedienne. Funniest i've seen is a black lass cannae mind her name now.

if the answer is gina yashere then you lose your right to call yourself a man.

bcc2007contestantphotoginayashere.jpg

Oh i'd forgot about those two talents, the latter has her moments the other is nout special but if you enjoy that type of tripe :th_o: fair enough :smiley2:

Couple of things on this. Wood's humour is dated now, but was very funny at the time. Porter is great, and filthily funny at times. Your thread begs an interesting question though: are men in general just naturally funnier than women? I dunno about you, but off hand, there are only a couple of women I know who I'd class as very funny people; and they stand out because they're unusual.

Mind you, we're looking at this from a male perspective - and what appeals to us in terms of comedy might not appeal to women to the same extent... :th_o:

jambojackbilly
Couple of things on this. Wood's humour is dated now, but was very funny at the time. Porter is great, and filthily funny at times. Your thread begs an interesting question though: are men in general just naturally funnier than women? I dunno about you, but off hand, there are only a couple of women I know who I'd class as very funny people; and they stand out because they're unusual.

Mind you, we're looking at this from a male perspective - and what appeals to us in terms of comedy might not appeal to women to the same extent... :th_o:

Women are relatively new to the comedy scene bar the token so its catch up

Just like to see one or two who are original and funny but rarely if ever do

Was asked if I wanted to see Shazia Mirza at The Stand last week - polite refusal from me - her brand of comedy is just not for me I'm afraid.

Silverman is about the best of a bad bunch.

Lucy Porter is worth pumping but is not funny.

I have never seen a funny female stand-up. They do not exist.

What he said.

And it's only men hating women, that disagree.

Johanes de Silentio
4-6908_03a.jpg

See, Shaun - this is not a thread about pretty girls that we'd like to beef - it's about females that make you laugh - laughing at their jokes to get into their knickers, whilst admirable, does not count!

In addition, I doubt very much whether:

a - the lovely Lucy reads this particular message board; and

b: she'd be the slightest bit interested!

:2thumbsup:

See, Shaun - this is not a thread about pretty girls that we'd like to beef - it's about females that make you laugh - laughing at their jokes to get into their knickers, whilst admirable, does not count!

Jeezo, look at the size of her chin. :th_o:

Is their such a thing as a funny female comedienne ??

Sandi Toksvig. However, I'm not sure she's a comedienne, and now I think about it...

True dat.

Lucy Porter, Victoria Wood...RUBY WAX?!? What are you people on? Grim stuff.

Sarah Millican is quite good. She was the Geordie lass on Live at The Apollo the other night. The girl who plays Dobby in Peep Show is also a stand-up and she's pretty good too. Her name escapes me though. Lucy Porter has her moments but I only tolerate her coz she has a tremendous rack. Jo Brand and Gina Yashere are as funny as cancer.

Used to think Sarah Silverman was ok, but not so much now.

How disappointing is it when you turn on Have I Got News For You or Mock The Week and there are one (or even two) female panelists on it?

Very!

The Mighty Thor

We had Janey Godley, Glaswegian 'comedienne' on at a football smoker last year.

She went down like a concrete lifeboat. Mind you she was up against Scott Glynn who tore her up for arse paper with a typically misogynistic set. :qqb006:

Victoria Woods. Very clever and funny lady.

After her not much in the female funny department spring to mind.

John

blondejamtart

Funny or not, I'd be willing to bet that most of those mentioned in this thread would at least know the difference between their and there...

Shappy and Sarah Millican are quite amusing at times. No people i'd pay to see, although I have seen Miillican as aprt of the best of the fest set during the edinburgh festival.

I would laugh at every one of Lucy P's pishy jokes if it meant massacreing her inside flaps for a night.

Funny or not, I'd be willing to bet that most of those mentioned in this thread would at least know the difference between their and there...

Oooooooow! Don't take the humph just because woman generally aren't as funny as men. ;)

Does that make them more or less funny than aids though?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Actually... You know the funny looking girl from The IT Crowd and the ,Malteasers ads? She's quite funny with a script too.

The Old Tolbooth
Lucy Porter is worth pumping but is not funny.

My thoughts exactly mate!

Archived