Sleep Pattern

Acey

What's yours?

When the g/f is about, I usually get to sleep at about 1am, and wake up between 10 and 11am. However, as soon as she goes home I get stupid and start staying up 'til 5am for no reason.

As a result, I've just woken up from falling asleep, fully-clothed, at around 8:30pm, and now I won't be able to get back to sleep for ages! Gutted.

So when's your bedtime, or are you a 2-hours a night person?

this_is_my_story
What's yours?

When the g/f is about, I usually get to sleep at about 1am, and wake up between 10 and 11am. However, as soon as she goes home I get stupid and start staying up 'til 5am for no reason.

As a result, I've just woken up from falling asleep, fully-clothed, at around 8:30pm, and now I won't be able to get back to sleep for ages! Gutted.

Try 'nature's sleeping tablet', Acey. :smiley2:

Seriously though, I can't sleep worth a feck. I genuinely envy those folk that can nod off almost anywhere. The land of nod is a place that I often find hard to get to. :43:

The Old Tolbooth

I usually go to bed between 12 and 1am, however tonight (or this morning for pedants) I'm having a late one because I want to.

I normally get up between 7.30 and 8am 3 days a week, and about 9am ish the other 2 school nights depending on if it's my turn to take the wee yin to school.

On a weekend I'll get up usually between 8 and 9am on a Saturday (just so I can catch the morning line on Ch4+1) and on a Sunday I have a long lie until around 9.30am.

Late rise on a Sunday unless match on -- usually then early evening snooze as I like to stay up and watch American football on channel 5 -- then catch 5 hours kip before work.

Doctor FinnBarr
What's yours?

Acey has girlfriend shock!!!!!

:10900:

I'm a typical student (who's just finished Uni :) ) with an evening job, so my sleeping pattern is stupid.

Usually, if I'm good. It's sleep by 2am, up at 10-11am.

If I need to be up before 10am, I will probably only manage about 4 hours sleep the night before then sleep in the evening if I don't have work.

But today I didn't get out of bed till 4pm (heh!) and I'm still awake.

Strangely enough, underground isolation experiments have shown that humans eventually adopt up to a 48-hour wake/sleep cycle when our bodies are left to their own devices, as opposed to the 24-hour one that our planet dictates. There is an interesting interview here with the Frenchman who was at the vanguard of the experiments: http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/30/foer.php. Some people argue that this is evidence that we are not originally inhabitants of this planet. :smiley2:

Me, for some reason of late I've been waking up at 3am and unable to get back to sleep. A complete embuggerance...

A typical work day through the week i'll go to sleep around 2300 - 2330 and my alarm is set for 0600.

At the weekends, won't lie too long. I'd say the latest i'd get up is 1000. That's if i've been out the night before or not.

I'm freelance and work in the TV industry.

When we're shooting (as we are just now) I get up usually about 6am after having been to bed around 2230-0000.

When I'm not working I tend to go to bed the same time and then will get up any time from 9am-11.

My sleep pattern is absolutely fecked.

Generally sleep from about 2-3am until 7am. Could really do with getting this sorted but the problem is when I get back from school I go to bed for a few hours, meaning I can't get a decent sleep at night.

Not slept properly in several months now.

When I am not at Uni and working the doors its just silly. Don't get to bed until around 4am (or later during the festival) and get up around mid-day.

Even if I have a night off I will stay up until 4.

While at Uni I usually go to bed around 1am and then get up for my first lecture or if I have something to do.

At the weekends I still work until 3am but usualy force myself into getting up at 11am at the latest to ensure I can sleep normally during the week.

In 1st and 2nd year Uni I would be out 3 or 4 nights a week on the lash so when I was not I usually stayed up until the silly hours.

What's yours?

I have had insomnia for six years so I tend to take any opportunity going to sleep in. I go to sleep at maybe 1 or 2. I tend to go to sleep much later if I am in a low mood and earlier if I'm cheery. I get up at about 8 but I wake up as many as 10 times a night.

marshallschunkychicken

Go to bed any time around 11:00 to 12:00 at night, and get up between 7:00 and 7:30.

This means that even if I'm knackered when it gets to the weekend, my bodyclock is used to these times, and so I can't really sleep in either Saturday or Sunday. Of course, when it comes to Monday again, I could probably sleep til about 12, but I don't get that option... :(

chester copperpot

Since I quit drinking, my sleeping pattern has improved no end.

Always in bed before midnight, and up at around 8am.

I never thought bevvying interrupted sleep or the like, but it clearly does.

Miller Jambo 60
Since I quit drinking, my sleeping pattern has improved no end.

Always in bed before midnight, and up at around 8am.

I never thought bevvying interrupted sleep or the like, but it clearly does.

Same as you big man.

Still off it and sleeping a lot better.

Not as wild at the games either, well could only get better:th_o:

Spent years promising that when I retired I would never get up early again. Usually turn over to sleep about 9.30pm, get up any time between 5.30and 5.45am. No matter how hard I try cannot sleep any later. Now have reached that stage in life where I have a snooze in the afternoon. Because of shift work most of my work life the pattern hasn,t changed too much, have always been an early bedder early riser. Never could sleep during the day when on night shift.

I quite realise this is of no use to the young bucks, but is not unusual for the old brigade.

Miller Jambo 60
Spent years promising that when I retired I would never get up early again. Usually turn over to sleep about 9.30pm, get up any time between 5.30and 5.45am. No matter how hard I try cannot sleep any later. Now have reached that stage in life where I have a snooze in the afternoon. Because of shift work most of my work life the pattern hasn,t changed too much, have always been an early bedder early riser. Never could sleep during the day when on night shift.

I quite realise this is of no use to the young bucks, but is not unusual for the old brigade.

Aye shift work Bob.

Remember working 12hr nights for 14 days , try sleeping at night after that.

Murder.

During the week I go to bed between 11.30 and 00.00. I get up at 7.09 after 1 snooze. I'm asleep within a minute of going to bed. I'm lucky with sleep. Weekend's I stay up longer and get up about 9.00.

When I was younger I needed a lot more sleep than I do now. I'd have to go to bed at 10.00 to get up at 7.00.

I'm a 6-7hrs a night guy - I'll got to be between 11:30pm and 1:00am, and get up between 6:30am and 8:00am for work.

Weekends, just depends on what I'm doing.

But...

Late rise on a Sunday unless match on -- usually then early evening snooze as I like to stay up and watch American football on channel 5 -- then catch 5 hours kip before work.

This too - NHL is my vice, and with ESPN covering quite a few Flames games live this season I'll quite often have a few hours early evening kip then get up to watch before having another 4hr sleep before work.

Weekdays: Sleep - 11 p.m - 1 a.m

Wake Up - 8 a.m

Saturday: Wake Up - 9 a.m (for soccer a.m)

Sleep - 12 - 2 a.m

Sunday: Wake Up - 11 a.m

Sleep - 11 p.m - 1 a.m

Holidays: (Once the sleeping pattern of college is out the way)

Sleep: 12 a.m - 5 a.m

Wake Up: 12 p.m

Just back from a week as a patient in a hospital ward ...........so my sleep pattern at the moment = absolutely feck all :hang:

Normally though my head hits the pillow ( 11pm - 1am ) and I'm out like a light till say 7:30

Only approx 6 hours till daylight now though :2thumbsup:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

since ive recently been paid off as a spark, i was getting up at half 5 every morning to go through to work at carstairs(oh my word) but since then ive been stayin up all night watchin pi5hy films etc and getting up early afternoon, hard getting back out that routine as there isnt much to get up for!

Archived