Helicopter Rides

willie wallace

willie wallace

Thinking of getting the kids a helicopter ride for Christmas and was wondering if anyone has tried it and if they have any recommendations.Saw one advert for a ten minute ride over the Forth Bridges for 55 pounds.Maybe a bit steep but its a one off and something different.

Thinking of getting the kids a helicopter ride for Christmas and was wondering if anyone has tried it and if they have any recommendations.Saw one advert for a ten minute ride over the Forth Bridges for 55 pounds.Maybe a bit steep but its a one off and something different.

Very steep mate.

Don't see the point to be honest.

It costs a lot to run a helicopter. 55 quid is probably fair.

Never been in one, but would be something the kids would always remember.

Remember to haggle with the guy if 3 or 4 of you are going up. 4 for the price of 3 or 3 for the price of 2. No difference to him if he's taking 2,3 or 4 up.

Very steep mate.

Don't see the point to be honest.

I was gonna book it last year for part of Johns xmas but changed my mind, told him afterwards and he said he would have loved it... oh well

But he has done it before and he said it is a brilliant experience:smiley2:

I was gonna book it last year for part of Johns xmas but changed my mind, told him afterwards and he said he would have loved it... oh well

But he has done it before and he said it is a brilliant experience:smiley2:

When we went to Euro disney we flew back over a clear view of the bridges maybe why i don't see the point in it.

Plus i'd have to be pretty drunk to go up in one of they things.Don't mind planes but not sure about they things.

my dad got one for his birthday last year. dont know how much it cost but he really enjoyed it. it went all over edinburgh including tynie.

Say What Again

Got my Mum this for Xmas a few years ago. I think it was Lothian Helicopters and was ?25 for (I'm guessing) 20 mins.

Paid an extra ?10 on the day to get my old dear the seat with the pilot. That may sound like a **** take but the other 3 or 4 folk in the back were leaning to see out the window when she had the full windscreen jobby.

When we went to Euro disney we flew back over a clear view of the bridges maybe why i don't see the point in it.

Plus i'd have to be pretty drunk to go up in one of they things.Don't mind planes but not sure about they things.

Totally with you there as well, I'd die if anyone bought me that as a present i'm **** scared going on a plane let a lone a helicopter:sad3:

eighteen seventyfour

I got a voucher for last years christmas, tour over Edinburgh, recommend it to anyone.

Left from Ingilston, when you get there they ask if you want to pay an extra tenner to sit in the front, nobody in my party did so i ended up getting the front seat for nowt.

Went straight over the town, right over Tynie and Murrayfield then over close to the Castle and to Arthur Seat way, down Joppa way then back a slightly different route to Ingilston.

I'd do it again.

Got a helicopter ride for my fiftieth from my missus & 2 kids , it was absolutely brilliant flying over Tynecastle , Murrayfield & Arthurs Seat then just before it finished the pilot took us over Easter Rd after a defeat and it was great seeing the hordes p ! $$ed off walking up the road to Abbeyhill, I`d certainly recommend it to anyone . :10900:

Go for it! A ride in a helicopter is a magic experience. The best ever was a trip to the Grand Canyon a few years ago. Nobody except me wanted the front seat, absolutely stunning, memory of a lifetime. Have had a few trips round Scotland, but then the work pays for those. Only word of caution, noisy feckers.

:10900:

I did the the city helicopter ride last year.

It was superb. Well worth the money and as someone said it is something you will never forget.

Go for it. Do not worry about the noise, you get head phones to wear.

Having a ride in a Lynx helicopter is difficult due to lack of space however, both the Wessex Mk5 and Sea king are wonderful plenty room to get on with the business in hand :)

John

Totally with you there as well, I'd die if anyone bought me that as a present i'm **** scared going on a plane let a lone a helicopter:sad3:

Well JM, no need to ask what you are getting the missus for Xmas. :devil2:

station hearts

Go for it,I had a helicopter ride at t-in-park this year,it was superb.

Used to work on the rigs and flew in one every day. Never thought of the dangers and never had any bad experiences. Left the industry after Piper Alpha.

3 years ago, at New Year, two of my old colleagues were killed in an accident in Morecambe Bay. After 20 years doing the same job, they paid the ultimate price. :43:

BTW - Don't let this put you off. It is an amazing experience.

Archived