Double Glazing woes

269miles

Has anyone on JKB had any dealings with Advanced Windows & Conservatories ?

Some relatives have had the misfortune to use them (some office in Fife) but 6 weeks and 4 visits later the damage is not fixed. I've emailed their head office but this has been ignored and I'm getting pretty desperate.

Their website only seems interested in sales enquiries - which bis probably why I've been ignored so far.

If anyone on here has had dealings of a similar nature and has any contact details for customer service manager etc I'd appreciate it being passed on.

Cheers.

Some relatives have had the misfortune to use them (some office in Fife) but 6 weeks and 4 visits later the damage is not fixed. I've emailed their head office but this has been ignored and I'm getting pretty desperate.

Their website only seems interested in sales enquiries - which bis probably why I've been ignored so far.

If anyone on here has had dealings of a similar nature and has any contact details for customer service manager etc I'd appreciate it being passed on.

Cheers.

This might also be useful: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/fife/

You say you've emailed. have you phoned?

You'll get much better results with a talk on the phone than by email.

Maybe they dont answer the phone though?

You say you've emailed. have you phoned?

You'll get much better results with a talk on the phone than by email.

Maybe they dont answer the phone though?

Pretty difficult to get the guy we need on the phone for some reason.

Work has now been finished tonight (they turned up at 4.20 pm) and requested the outstanding monies IN CASH. Request declined. The original workmen were paid IN CASH:hat2: - they refused to accept a cheque.

Now that everything is fixed I'm going to drag this out until they acknowledge our complaints. If they continue to ignore they won't get paid monies owing and Ill be advising HMRC about the cash in hand cowboys.

Six weeks and four visits to fix the damage they caused and put right the abysmal workmanship.

Radioactive Mince
Pretty difficult to get the guy we need on the phone for some reason.

Work has now been finished tonight (they turned up at 4.20 pm) and requested the outstanding monies IN CASH. Request declined. The original workmen were paid IN CASH:hat2: - they refused to accept a cheque.

Now that everything is fixed I'm going to drag this out until they acknowledge our complaints. If they continue to ignore they won't get paid monies owing and Ill be advising HMRC about the cash in hand cowboys.

Six weeks and four visits to fix the damage they caused and put right the abysmal workmanship.

Have you any idea where they are based?

EDIT: Inverkeithing. Why don't you make the short trip and have it out with them in person? They seem to have a show village type thing at Belleknowes Ind Estate.

Mince

southside1874

Cheers.

Your best bet is to send them an Email and a letter stating that you are giving them 28 days (check small print in their contract. you may get away with 2 weeks) to rectify any defects to a satisfactory outcome. Failure to do so will leave you no alternative to appoint another contractor to carry out the works. Inform them that they will be charged for fixing defective work carried out by themselves.

It sounds like you will be having a cat and mouse game unless you state the new rules you are forcing them to work to.

If they are coming to fix the works then they will do it within the timescale. If not you will presumably have to get someone else in anyway. You can then take them to a small claims to recover costs.

Good luck.

Archived