Let The Right One In

cosanostra

Best film of the last year.

Incredibly well filmed, well acted and well located. The snow and scenery just make it even more bleak and beautiful.

Anyone else seen it? Never thought a Swedish vampire film would be so great but it really, really is.

Patrick Bateman

I'd definitely agree. Admist the plethora of vampire films, it sort of slipped under the radar commercially speaking. I've heard that there will be an American remake which will no doubt be completely substandard.

Spolier

I wonder if they'll include the castrati theme in the American version because it completely changes the film's dynamic.

I watched it when it first came out and have to say that I was impressed, but only in a "that was a good film" way, not in a "wow, that was an excellent film!" way. I loved its pace and cinematography though (so typically Scandinavian), and that was what probably was the most refreshing thing about it. I can just imagine what the US remake will be like. :stuart:

Finally got round to watching it this week as the director we're working with quoted it as a reference: thought it was really good, particularly the climaxing scene in the swimming pool. The photography was indeed amazing; it gave the film the same bleak atmosphere of some classic freaked out films like The Shining and The Omen.

I watched it when it first came out and have to say that I was impressed, but only in a "that was a good film" way, not in a "wow, that was an excellent film!" way. I loved its pace and cinematography though (so typically Scandinavian), and that was what probably was the most refreshing thing about it. I can just imagine what the US remake will be like. :stuart:

Agreed. You can stick your Twilight pish up your arse.

Although True Blood wins, just for the hippy girl swimming....

Best film of the last year.

Incredibly well filmed, well acted and well located. The snow and scenery just make it even more bleak and beautiful.

Anyone else seen it? Never thought a Swedish vampire film would be so great but it really, really is.

I'd agree. I can't think of anything else I saw that made a bigger impression.

I didn't like the idea of seeing it but was dragged out to see it at the cinema, I'm glad I was.

I thought the film was terrific, engrossing from the start and a beautiful, compelling story. You don't even notice you are reading subtitles after a short time.

spolier alert ************

It's a really good film, however I never got the scene that you learn about Eli. Wasn't til I read the book I got it, far to subtle in the movie.

The book is pretty grim to he honest, didn't like all the young boys stuff in it!

spolier alert ************

It's a really good film, however I never got the scene that you learn about Eli. Wasn't til I read the book I got it, far to subtle in the movie.

The book is pretty grim to he honest, didn't like all the young boys stuff in it!

Does the book ever explain why Eli was castrated, who by etc?

Archived