X Factor has gone too ****ing far this time

P-Dizzle

I don't watch the show, I hate it. But I've just been consumed with rage when I was told that the winner will be releasing Journey - Dont Stop Believing....

My favourite song, destroyed by some **** who thinks he can get a xmas number one out of it? No, it's not on. I'm in the mood for killing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM

Miller Jambo 60
I don't watch the show, I hate it. But I've just been consumed with rage when I was told that the winner will be releasing Journey - Dont Stop Believing....

My favourite song, destroyed by some **** who thinks he can get a xmas number one out of it? No, it's not on. I'm in the mood for killing.

Hate it to mate and TBH most of them probably dont have the ability to write their own songs.

Gutted too mate!

One of my alltime favourite tunes (if not the fav) aswell! :stuart:

Did the same to Hallelujah.

Agreed, Leonard Cohen's original. The Jeff Buckley version was good too. But some no talet ass clown using a song that is regarded as a classic, and destroying it to further their career. I'm not happy.

The Mighty Thor

None of them have the vocal range to carry that song off.

The only one who comes close is the wee geordie lad (cannae mind his name)

Shame, it's a good song to be getting ruined by the attention whore Cowell.

**** off, another good song ruined. :(

I'm not going to let it happen mate. Simon Cowell better hope I don't get my hands on a few tonnes of acetone peroxide. Or this single will never hit the shelves if I can help it.

I like the song.

All the best to them.

If you don't like the version, just switch the radio off.

Or you could **** & moan on here right enough.

The Mighty Thor
I'm not going to let it happen mate. Simon Cowell better hope I don't get my hands on a few tonnes of acetone peroxide. Or this single will never hit the shelves if I can help it.

The % of sales driven by singles hitting the shelves is minimal. What you'll need to do is bring down the whole t'internet.

The 'jose quitongo's' that are thick enough to phone in and vote on that pish will most definitely download the 'winner*' murdering the song.

You can resign yourself to hearing it played at full volume from a nokia on the upper deck of any LRT bus soon. :smiley2:

* winner = the person most likely to a) Make Cowell the most dough for the least hassle and B) accept the Cowell length.

I like the song.

All the best to them.

If you don't like the version, just switch the radio off.

Or you could **** & moan on here right enough.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise The Shed was for in depth political and moral discussion...

I don't want this song remade, in the same way you don't want to see your wife raped by a bunch of ******s with pointy blonde hair.

It will go straight to number one even though it won't be a patch on the Jounrney version.

Same last year.

It is a bit of a joke to be honest.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise The Shed was for in depth political and moral discussion...

I don't want this song remade, in the same way you don't want to see your wife raped by a bunch of ******s with pointy blonde hair.

:cheesy:

I liked the song that Leon won with a couple of years back but Cowell then scrunched the poor sod up for arse paper.

This year show has eaten itself. The only decent one was Lucie.

blondejamtart
Did the same to Hallelujah.

I know - I don't watch the damned show either, but I swear I wanted to kill someone when I heard they were doing that last year! I LOVE that song - various versions of it!

The People's Chimp

So very wrong.

Could have been worse tbh it might have been performed by jedward.

Craig Gordons Gloves

It's a total joke - i thought it was meant to be about 'talent'*. So how about they write a friggin song themselves rather than take songs that are set in the psyche of many of us and crewing it up just so some **** can get a christmas no 1.

When was the last time that the Christmas No1 wasn't some piece of nonsense by x-factor? Remember them days?

* i know that it isn't about talent really - but about who most 15 year old lassies fancy and who simon cowel gets the most from.

I agree, cheap trick. Dont write any of your own stuff at all, just cover an already popular song. Did they not just release a song last week which was a cover? Quite annoying. Mind Leona Lewis covered Run by Snow Patrol and the Americans loved her for it? Pretty sure she kept it quiet that it was a cover and there was a far better original floating about.

No.

Hallelujah was bad enough to rape and pillage, but to butcher the ultimate power ballad?

No.

Just plain old no. Bad Simon Cowell.

NO.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Never heard of them tbh. At least the X Factor will give it some exposure.

It's a classic ffs. Just because you've never heard of it doesn't mean it hasn't had enough 'exposure'.

I haven't listened to Hallelujah since they ripped the erse out of it last year. This will probably go the same way because none of them will do it justice.

Daydream Believer

The song gets mudered at every karaoke in the world anyway.

It's second only to "I will survive" in the karaoke bingo stakes IMO.

I do watch the show and enjoy it. Depending on the winner it could be a reaaly good song choice, but then there is only one contestant left that can do it justice, and that is Geordie Joe.

Would be a disaster for Dasyl Daniel, Oily or LLoyd and I can't see the Essex girl doing it too well either.

The answer is vote for Joe.

And here is the evidence -

Thats outrageous!

An absolute classic about to be wrecked in the next month!!

The thing i dont understand is right...if a song is already PERFECT...then why try to do the undoable by re-releasing it and trying to improve it? There is none.

Dont stop beleiveing is a total classic and cannot be improved any shape or form.

Another example and probobly what gets my blood boiling most is, the Kings Of Leon are by far the greatest band in the world today, no matter if anyone says other wise you just have to admit it!! And it seems to be every week there is yet another talentless erse that thinks they can better the legendary Use Somebody. Its not possible. Have to say that Ultrabeat by far have made the worst attempt with their dance version. Brutal.

Its a shame that its about to happen again to another timeless classic

The answer is vote for Joe.

And here is the evidence -

I think that **** excuse for a cover just gave me AIDS. If you think that's good, you need help.

I think that **** excuse for a cover just gave me AIDS. If you think that's good, you need help.

You can't catch AIDS by watching Youtube.

What sort of help do you suggest I need?

X Factor is one of my guilty pleasures but this news may change that. Grr.

They can't DO this. That's my favourite song. Not one of them could even come close to doing it justice or singing it even a wee bit well. :oldsad:

Must mean they think georgie Joe is going to win though.

Got to agree wholeheartedly LP.

Anyone who does'nt like it is a complete Sherman.

Just done some checking. There has been no announcement about what the song will be, it has apparently been chosen.

By that I mean the song has been chosen, but I have no idea what it is.

The "Journey" thing seems to be an unfounded rumour.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
By that I mean the song has been chosen, but I have no idea what it is.

The "Journey" thing seems to be an unfounded rumour.

You take X Factor quite seriously, eh? Do you vote and buy the albums?

this_is_my_story

Too far?

The X-Factor went too far the very moment it went from being any more than an idea in someone's (Cowell?) head!

You take X Factor quite seriously, eh? Do you vote and buy the albums?

LOL, no I'm a tight Scotsman, if it was free I'd vote.

I do enjoy the entertainment and I have bought some of the stuff out of it, Andy Abrahams album was ok. If Geordie Joe was to win I could see myself buying his album.

I find the show critics amusing, can't see what's wrong with peopel getting a break. And Danni M, well she is just, .... well how do you put it politely... a very attractive young lady.

Got to agree wholeheartedly LP.

Anyone who does'nt like it is a complete Sherman.

Well butter my nipples and call me Sherman

That was fairly generic 80's pap. The way people have been talking on this thread you'd think the singer for journey was something exceptional.

I have no comment to make on the X Factor pash since thankfully I don't get to see it or simon Cowells ugly mug

blondejamtart
Get over yersel man! That song is a crock of ****e anyway!

BJT, I thought Alexandra did a fine version of Hallelujah.

I beg to differ...I cannot bear to listen to her attempt at one of my all-time favourite songs. Give me Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright or even old "laughing" Leonard Cohen himself, thanks..in fact, I could name loads of covers of Hallelujah a million times better than hers!

Archived