To Protest Properly We Need a Song...

Skivingatwork

Skivingatwork

In order to properly vent our current disatisfaction at the state of affairs within HMFC we need a song.

Mumblings and grumblings on JKB and post match rants in the pub are, and always will, go un-noticed.

A song, however, will gain support and catch on with the masses at Tynecastle. This will allow all fans to deliver a single-minded message to the club on a continual basis.

Yes, I appreciate that Vlad doesn't attend the games but the consistency of the message and it's delivery would eventually filter it's way over to the Kaiser and his interest would be piqued.

If we truly want him to consider his position and sell up, the only way to do it is by continually letting him know that as a result of his actions, and recently lackthereof, he's not welcome.

So far no negative songs have been penned regarding our owner. Friends, I believe the time has now come.

Cue the songwriters...

Liverpool sung one about Hicks and Gillett last year.

"They don't care about Rafa, they don't care about the fans... Liverpool football club is in then wrong hands". Pretty effective and pretty good allround. Youtube it.

In order to properly vent our current disatisfaction at the state of affairs within HMFC we need a song.

Mumblings and grumblings on JKB and post match rants in the pub are, and always will, go un-noticed.

A song, however, will gain support and catch on with the masses at Tynecastle. This will allow all fans to deliver a single-minded message to the club on a continual basis.

Yes, I appreciate that Vlad doesn't attend the games but the consistency of the message and it's delivery would eventually filter it's way over to the Kaiser and his interest would be piqued.

If we truly want him to consider his position and sell up, the only way to do it is by continually letting him know that as a result of his actions, and recently lackthereof, he's not welcome.

So far no negative songs have been penned regarding our owner. Friends, I believe the time has now come.

Cue the songwriters...

all these things that i have done

I thought the booing was working already. The team haven't performed in months and I am sure that's partly down to the hard work by the boo boys.

Good to see fans trying to up the ante with a boo song.

If you really want to send Vlad a message you have to stop going to games. That's all he'll notice.

Skivingatwork
I thought the booing was working already. The team haven't performed in months and I am sure that's partly down to the hard work by the boo boys.

Good to see fans trying to up the ante with a boo song.

If you really want to send Vlad a message you have to stop going to games. That's all he'll notice.

Not going to the games is simply not an option as many on here will also suggest.

I am not advocating songs against the current manager or players, simply a clear message to the owner that enough is enough!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

How about just:

Vladimir, Vladimir get tae feck

Vladimir,

Get tae feck.

Watch 13000 Hearts fans perform a miracle.

Protesting en masse?

Nah, I must be dreaming. Not Hearts fans.

How about just:

Vladimir,

Get tae feck.

Protesting en masse?

So how is your organised protest coming along?

Not going to the games is simply not an option as many on here will also suggest.

I am not advocating songs against the current manager or players, simply a clear message to the owner that enough is enough!

Do you honestly think that Vlad will be running to hand out transfer fees because his favourite fans are singing a song about him? :stuart:

Better off accepting that nothing will change and going to games with the intention of having a laugh with your mates and who gives a **** how bad the team are. Hearts over-all have always been crap - a couple of sparkling moments have kidded some people on that Hearts should be world beaters.

How about just:

Vladimir,

Get tae feck.

Protesting en masse?

But i thought the vast majority if not all Hearts fans had the same viewpoint as you, so how can you fail?

Its going to have to be a bloody loud song to be heard all the way over in Lithuania.

I'm sure a song will have a big effect on Vlad when he isn't here. :nah:

gorgie rd eh11
How about just:

Vladimir,

Get tae feck.

Protesting en masse?

Your memory must be pretty poor. I can remember protests against robinson and Mercer, and i'm reliably informed there were protests against Parker? in the 70's. But apart from that you're 100% correct.

So how is your organised protest coming along?

1st meeting tomorrow night.

Phonebox outside White Park. Plenty spaces left.

Here's one I prepared earlier for my Bob Dylan friend.....

Vladimir Romanov

Thank you for saving the club

Next time your in town

Empty Csaba or we'll go down.....

:10900:

Here's one I prepared earlier for my Bob Dylan friend.....

Vladimir Romanov

Thank you for saving the club

Next time your in town

Empty Csaba or we'll go down.....

:10900:

Oh oh oh its tragic you know

Csaba and vlad have to go

Its tragic you know

Csaba and vlad have to go

repeat

PresidentRomanov

Doesn't rhyme very well, but how about "Vlad thanks for saving us, but close us down now please, because we want to cut our noses off to spite our face, then whine on the internet about our club not existing anymore".

Could catch on :smiley2:

Doesn't rhyme very well, but how about "Vlad thanks for saving us, but close us down now please, because we want to cut our noses off to spite our face, then whine on the internet about our club not existing anymore".

Could catch on :smiley2:

Pres/PB - out of interest, do you have a tipping point which would ever turn you into being anti-Romanov? If Hearts got relegated, would that be it? If we got relegated and stayed down, would that be it? Or would you always be supportive of him regardless?

The problem with these Kickback protest movements is that it's kind of lazy and very disposable.

I would have much more respect for them if I actually saw an organised protest in the flesh. That could be leafleting, demos, marches, sit-ins, singing, banners etc.

So far, I haven't seen ANY protest of Romanov in the flesh.

Sorry, but sitting in your livingroom typing on a pc doesn't cut it for me. By all means, use the internet: but take to the streets if you want to get noticed.

Let's face it, anyone can type any type any old crap on Kickback. The reason I say that is that you have jokers like Fabuloso (or was it 'Y2Ketc') who was stirring it for long enough when it turns out he's a Hibernian supporter.

Anyway, as for a song. What about nice power ballad; Whitney Houston or something?

'I believe the children are our future...'

Sterling Archer
Do you honestly think that Vlad will be running to hand out transfer fees because his favourite fans are singing a song about him? :stuart:

Better off accepting that nothing will change and going to games with the intention of having a laugh with your mates and who gives a **** how bad the team are. Hearts over-all have always been crap - a couple of sparkling moments have kidded some people on that Hearts should be world beaters.

Debbie Downer :hang:

btw I'm not disagreeing.

In my lifetime, Hearts have had:

83/84

85/86

87/88

89/90

91/92

95/96

97/98

99/00

02/03

03/04

05/06

...as what I would call a good season.

PresidentRomanov
Pres/PB - out of interest, do you have a tipping point which would ever turn you into being anti-Romanov? If Hearts got relegated, would that be it? If we got relegated and stayed down, would that be it? Or would you always be supportive of him regardless?

I support Hearts, as long as he's the only reason my clubs still alive, I'll support him.

I've read thousands of posts wishing he would go, but not one saying what happens after that.

I support Hearts, as long as he's the only reason my clubs still alive, I'll support him.

I've read thousands of posts wishing he would go, but not one saying what happens after that.

And yet the only reason nobody really stands up to him is because we are scared he will pull the plug on us. This may be true.

What a magnificent benefactor the man is.

I'll take my chances - the End Game must start sometime and the sooner the better.

PresidentRomanov
And yet the only reason nobody really stands up to him is because we are scared he will pull the plug on us. This may be true.

I'll take my chances - the End Game must start sometime and the sooner the better.

You take your chances if you like, I'm realistic, and I'd rather the Hearts survived.

Apart from anything else, I've seen alot worse than I have at the moment, maybe your sort are hoping if the club dies, you can go and support a more successful team, might suit you better.

Who's scared? It is not about being scared of him pulling the plug but showing him some appreciation, being thankful.

You don't have to like him.

He gets as long as he wants because of the mess we were in when he bought the club. If everything was rosy when he bought Hearts from CPR then everyone would have been angry at him a long time ago. It wasn't like that.

Couldn't you argue that, before Mercer came along, the board in the late 70s were effectively keeping us alive too? And you can't have supported that shower, surely?

Don't get me wrong though. I do understand your point of view, and it's always been consistent.

Who's scared? It is not about being scared of him pulling the plug but showing him some appreciation, being thankful.

You don't have to like him.

He gets as long as he wants because of the mess we were in when he bought the club. If everything was rosy when he bought Hearts from CPR then everyone would have been angry at him a long time ago. It wasn't like that.

Again - this argument appears to suggest that we should always be appreciative of him as long as the club continues to exist, no matter what happens on the pitch. That makes it woefully weak IMO. Yes, he bought the club four or five years ago; but that's past. The present and future are what counts - and to many people, both currently appear pretty bleak.

He was more than happy to lap up the adulation when he "saved" us, and we finished 2nd and won the Cup. He should be prepared to deal with the criticism too. It goes with being owner of any club; not just our one.

PresidentRomanov
Couldn't you argue that, before Mercer came along, the board in the late 70s were effectively keeping us alive too? And you can't have supported that shower, surely?

Don't get me wrong though. I do understand your point of view, and it's always been consistent.

I didn't, and nor did I support Mercer towards the end, but we had alternatives then, we don't now.

I bags Kenny Rogers :2thumbsup:

Can I direct you to The Official Protest Song thread, if you please?

I didn't, and nor did I support Mercer towards the end, but we had alternatives then, we don't now.

Fair dos. I guess that explains your partial support for Robinson until Romanov came along too.

PresidentRomanov
Fair dos. I guess that explains your partial support for Robinson until Romanov came along too.

I never supported Robinson in any way, what I said was I believed he was a Hearts man, who couldn't see any other way out.

I was dead against selling Tynecastle and moving to Murrayfield, and still am.

I never supported Robinson in any way, what I said was I believed he was a Hearts man, who couldn't see any other way out.

I was dead against selling Tynecastle and moving to Murrayfield, and still am.

Interesting. OK - what about before he announced Tynie was for sale? He was never popular at any point: did you protest against him during that time, want him out and so on, even though there were no clear alternatives then either?

PresidentRomanov
Interesting. OK - what about before he announced Tynie was for sale? He was never popular at any point: did you protest against him during that time, want him out and so on, even though there were no clear alternatives then either?

He was extremely popular when he took over, and enjoyed much praise and support up until about the year 2000, I went off him when he sacked Jim Jefferies, but didn't protest against him until he decided to attempt to sell Tynecastle, even then it wasn't personal though, as he had got himself into a situation where he had no option.

I still see him as a Hearts man, and actually had a nice chat with him on the flight to Zagreb.

He was extremely popular when he took over, and enjoyed much praise and support up until about the year 2000, I went off him when he sacked Jim Jefferies, but didn't protest against him until he decided to attempt to sell Tynecastle, even then it wasn't personal though, as he had got himself into a situation where he had no option.

I still see him as a Hearts man, and actually had a nice chat with him on the flight to Zagreb.

I'd query that, at least to a degree. I think a lot of people turned against him when we sold Neil McCann. Your response is fair enough though. It can't be easy being him, still following the club all over the place: there must've been a few mutterings from others when seeing he was on the flight! But of course, he only has himself to blame for that - and then some.

PresidentRomanov
I'd query that, at least to a degree. I think a lot of people turned against him when we sold Neil McCann. Your response is fair enough though. It can't be easy being him, still following the club all over the place: there must've been a few mutterings from others when seeing he was on the flight! But of course, he only has himself to blame for that - and then some.

You can query it all you like, it's a fact :smiley2:

You can query it all you like, it's a fact :smiley2:

Could've fooled me! All the fuss over him changing Hearts' badge and his "parasites" comment happened before 2000 as well ;)

PresidentRomanov
Could've fooled me! All the fuss over him changing Hearts' badge and his "parasites" comment happened before 2000 as well ;)

He ended up compromising over the badge, and that parasites comment was correct :smiley2:

He ended up compromising over the badge, and that parasites comment was correct :smiley2:

Heh! That'll go down well on here... :laugh:

NIT interviewed Robinson in November 1998. I'd say he was already unpopular, even just six months on from winning the Cup - largely because of his shocking PR and arrogant, brusque dismissal of fans' views. You can find the interview here:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/grant.thorburn/issue40.htm

Archived