What has Jamie Mole done....

Martin_T

gorgie rd eh11
Hearts fans are the complete opposite to Hibs fans where young players are concerned. Mind you' date=' that might just be the Hobo's trying to maintain their "conveyor belt" fantasy and the hope that they can flog them before they turn 21 for an inflated price.

[/quote

Hibs fans do have a complete opposite view on young players simply because the young players they have brought through have been quality players!

O'Connor, Riordan, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker, all produced the goods and all earned the support of their fans.

We on the other hand have had Holmes, Sloan, Hammil, Weir, Neilson, Elliot, Mole...

need I say more??[/quote']

You have a point, hibs have brought better through in recent years. But if you're comparing, then why not mention Gordon, Berra and Wallace rather than Holmes, Sloan etc? I'm sure you could produce a list of hibs duds if you wanted to. Andy Mcneil for starters.

Say What Again
You have a point, hibs have brought better through in recent years. But if you're comparing, then why not mention Gordon, Berra and Wallace rather than Holmes, Sloan etc? I'm sure you could produce a list of hibs duds if you wanted to. Andy Mcneil for starters.

I know what you're getting at GR, but the Hobos can't be blamed for Andy McNeil. They signed him from Southampton when he was already 19.

You have a point' date=' hibs have brought better through in recent years. But if you're comparing, then why not mention Gordon, Berra and Wallace rather than Holmes, Sloan etc? I'm sure you could produce a list of hibs duds if you wanted to. Andy Mcneil for starters.[/quote']

I agree with Gordon and Berra - Wallace? big ? IMO.

Other than Gordon and Berra, the others coming through have been very poor - they seem to lack that bit of spark and special skill that sets them apart.

Hibs may well have had some duds however you can't argue that we have not produced outfield players of the quality of O'Connor, Brown, Riordan, Thomson, Whitaker, etc.

Sad but true I'm afraid!

cobbyshambles

the point being he did nothing in a hearts shirt.He didn't even merit a place in the AEK programme or even his own number for that matter.

I agree with Gordon and Berra - Wallace? big ? IMO.

Other than Gordon and Berra' date=' the others coming through have been very poor - they seem to lack that bit of spark and special skill that sets them apart.

Hibs may well have had some duds however you can't argue that we have not produced outfield players of the quality of O'Connor, Brown, Riordan, Thomson, Whitaker, etc.

Sad but true I'm afraid![/quote']

Andy Driver?

Sure, he's inconsistent, name me a decent young winger in the league who's not though.

After being hung out to dry in Europe and looking completely out of his depth, Mole then went onto Livingstona dn then Queens and did terribly at both!!

He is not good enough and we are deluding ourselves if we think he or Elliot are going to come good!

Guest JamboRobbo
After being hung out to dry in Europe and looking completely out of his depth, Mole then went onto Livingstona dn then Queens and did terribly at both!!

He is not good enough and we are deluding ourselves if we think he or Elliot are going to come good!

Whilst I do think they should be given a proper chance, under a real manager, coming off the bench when we are winning, if I was pushed to decide now, I'd agree with you're assesment.

I think the likes of Driver and Johnsonn have shown that youngsters (if good enough) CAN contribute at an early age.

The fact that Clum and Mole have done so much less, kinda shows up the excuse Clum and Mole are relying on......

I thought Mole looked alright when he first came onto the scene. However he or clum are miles away from what we need right now IMO. I don't blame the players for that, i blame the clown that owns our club.

Archived