What has Jamie Mole done....

Martin_T

...in a Hearts shirt to merit the criticism he receives on here? A lot of the vitriol he receives seem to be based on the loan periods that haven't gone to plan. I saw enough potential in Jamie's performances for Hearts to suggest that he could be a good player for the club. Given he is still only 19 there is plenty time to reach his potential.

Agreed.

I certainly can't remember anything really bad he has done.

He was hung out to dry in Athens, however, but we all know who's fault that was. He almost scored that balmy Greek evening if my memory serves me correctly (heatstroke).

Edit: Or was it Prague? Or both? Hmmm please help.

There's been some weird re-writing of history since Mole went out on loan to turn him into the worst player in the history of competitive football. I always thought that he looked decent for us - a bit raw, but showed potential. His goals to games ratio when he was in the team must've compared favourably with any of our other strikers at that time.

He's been poor on loan, so I can't say that I'd be jumping with joy if he was to come right back into the team, but some of the anti Mole stuff that you see / hear people saying does seem a bit over the top.

Mole and did Elliot done well in a side that was not struggling for confidence.

Mole was nowhere near as bad as some made out on here.

Elliot has struggled big time this season. Not hitting the net, played out of positon and needle with the crowd. Not the position I would want to be in as a young lad (which he still is)

Both still very young lads.

tommythejambo

He looked good at first, seemed keen to run with the ball and have a pop. But a few bad misses really damaged his confidence (Definately one in Prague). After that people seemed to get on his back for nothing really.

He looked good at first, seemed keen to run with the ball and have a pop. But a few bad misses really damaged his confidence (Definately one in Prague). After that people seemed to get on his back for nothing really.

Was it Prague? I can't remember if it was against Sparta or AEK or both???

I was actually pretty excited by him when he first broke in. Nowhere near as bad as some people say he is. His form dipped but he was played far too regularly in big matches at such a tender age.

He played both home and away against Prague and away at Athens too.

portobellojambo1

Certainly cannot remember any clear cut chances we created versus Sparta Prague, but both Mole and Hartley had opportunities to get goals for us in Athens (whether or not them scoring would have changed the end result is another matter).

Make them both paired strikers until the end of the season, if they don't hit double figures between the two then flog them.

If they can step up then they've got themselves a career at Hearts..............or Vlad will flog them anyway :D

It's good to see attitudes haven't hardened amongst everyone regarding Mole. I find what tends to happen on Kickback, is that one or two contributors will get an idea about a player into their head, then repeat this ad nauseum until more and more people begin to accept it as fact.

Mole's record for Hearts is actually pretty decent, I think it's something like 4 goals from 11 starts, and when you consider 3 of those starts included games away to AEK Athens, Sparta Prague and at Easter Road (not saying Hibs are in the same class as the aforementioned, just that it is usually a tough game for us) he has actually done very well.

Fact is folks, that as the downsizing at Hearts continues, and I fully expect the likes of Kingston, Paluzeulos and Karipidis to leave in the summer, we are going to be more reliant on young players and need to give them all the support that we can give.

It's good to see attitudes haven't hardened amongst everyone regarding Mole. I find what tends to happen on Kickback, is that one or two contributors will get an idea about a player into their head, then repeat this ad nauseum until more and more people begin to accept it as fact.

Mole's record for Hearts is actually pretty decent, I think it's something like 4 goals from 11 starts, and when you consider 3 of those starts included games away to AEK Athens, Sparta Prague and at Easter Road (not saying Hibs are in the same class as the aforementioned, just that it is usually a tough game for us) he has actually done very well.

Fact is folks, that as the downsizing at Hearts continues, and I fully expect the likes of Kingston, Paluzeulos and Karipidis to leave in the summer, we are going to be more reliant on young players and need to give them all the support that we can give.

Why these two? They're hardly on massive wages and have both played well for us.

He played both home and away against Prague and away at Athens too.

Shocking way to blood a youngster into the team, throwing him into matches of such importance with barely a couple of previous starts.

He definitely deserves another chance to prove his worth. What have we got to lose now?

We'll struggle to make top six and, if we somehow manage it, do not have it in us to finish any higher than 5th (in my opinion of course).

Certainly cannot remember any clear cut chances we created versus Sparta Prague, but both Mole and Hartley had opportunities to get goals for us in Athens (whether or not them scoring would have changed the end result is another matter).

Thanks PJ1.

I seem to remember Mole had a shot cleared off the line in what must definitely have been Athens now you've said that.

We were really awful in the Sparta matches, weren't we? A disgrace for a club who've previously punched well above our weight in Europe, with lower quality players. :sad:

Why these two? They're hardly on massive wages and have both played well for us.

They are saleable assets Chris and will be on reasonable salaries relative to other members within the squad. Goncalves is another who will almost certainly be moved on. It is quite apparent from the last few transfer windows that Hearts are moving toward a lower cost squad of which the bulk will be players brought through the youth system or free transfers. In effect the same way all SPL clubs outwith the Old Firm are now run.

Fozzyonthefence

I've not been slagging him off but I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he is going to be good enough for the first team. Reminds me of another Graham Weir, although at least he had his moments.:biggrin:

They are saleable assets Chris and will be on reasonable salaries relative to other members within the squad. Goncalves is another who will almost certainly be moved on. It is quite apparent from the last few transfer windows that Hearts are moving toward a lower cost squad of which the bulk will be players brought through the youth system or free transfers. In effect the same way all SPL clubs outwith the Old Firm are now run.

I don't necessarily disagree with you about either player or the transfer policy, but I'm not convinced that either's done quite enough as yet to get a bigger move. Probably will happen in the long run, though.

Jose will but Ruben and Christos have no interest in moving. And Robbie Neilson earns more than both.

Jose will but Ruben and Christos have no interest in moving. And Robbie Neilson earns more than both.

I like both players and hope that they stay. In an ideal world I'd love to see Pinilla get fit and Kingston and be retained by the club too. It just seems like the club are moving on all players with a reasonable sell on value at this time. They are probably less likely to do this with Berra, Driver etc because they have the potential to achieve even greater value in the transfer market than what we could currently get. Pinilla may also fall into that category.

It is a change of topic from this thread, but I don't see Velicka's departure as the doomsday scenario many are painting. Romanov has been quite rational in his explanation for this, they felt the player was at his peak value and saw a good opportunity to bring money in. Romanov is ultimately a businessman interested in generating greater wealth, and this was a good deal for him. We do have players at the club capable of stepping up (Pinilla in particular if he gets fit).

As for Robbie:eek: Although to be fair to Neilson, he is entitled to take whatever the club was prepared to give him and I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as folk make out.

jamboinglasgow
Ruben has a 2 year contract with a 2 year add on and plans to be here next season. Cant see that changing either.

I agree, I see hearts continunly reducing the squad numbers but cant see Ruben or Karipidas being the ones that go.

I think it will be:

Tall

Jose

Kingston (will gain a good profit)

Makela

Beslija

one or two lithuanians, dont know which ones.

I like both players and hope that they stay. In an ideal world I'd love to see Pinilla get fit and Kingston and be retained by the club too. It just seems like the club are moving on all players with a reasonable sell on value at this time. They are probably less likely to do this with Berra, Driver etc because they have the potential to achieve even greater value in the transfer market than what we could currently get. Pinilla may also fall into that category.

It is a change of topic from this thread, but I don't see Velicka's departure as the doomsday scenario many are painting. Romanov has been quite rational in his explanation for this, they felt the player was at his peak value and saw a good opportunity to bring money in. Romanov is ultimately a businessman interested in generating greater wealth, and this was a good deal for him. We do have players at the club capable of stepping up (Pinilla in particular if he gets fit).

As for Robbie:eek: Although to be fair to Neilson, he is entitled to take whatever the club was prepared to give him and I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as folk make out.

If I were guessing, I'd say Jose will leave with Larry and Ibby, and Pinilla, Ruben, Bruno and Christos will still be here next season.

portobellojambo1
I like both players and hope that they stay. In an ideal world I'd love to see Pinilla get fit and Kingston and be retained by the club too. It just seems like the club are moving on all players with a reasonable sell on value at this time.

I think that is undoubtedly policy at this time Martin, but I honestly do not think it is something HMFC can continue to do, if the go ahead comes through with regard to the new development. There are seats to be sold, and the building of a team fit for that stadium, i.e. one that will attract the extra bums needed to fill seats, needs to start soon. Personally I see the likes of Karipidis and Palazuelos being integral to that team. I do not doubt that one day they will go, pretty inevitable, but I think, and hope, they will remain with the club for a while longer.

If I were guessing, I'd say Jose will leave with Larry and Ibby

I don't know why, and it's probably not even funny, but I had this mad image of those three players leaving Tynecastle chased by a torch-wielding Vlad dressed in a white hooded robe.

I'll get ma kagool......

I don't know why, and it's probably not even funny, but I had this mad image of those three players leaving Tynecastle chased by a torch-wielding Vlad dressed in a white hooded robe.

I'll get ma kagool......

It's funny, it actually dawned on me when I posted it.

:eek::scared:

Clear-cut or not, Ivanauskas certainly hung him out to dry after the game in Prague.

Mole miss cost us the tie, claims Ivanauskas

Valdas the Psychic could obviously foresee that we would have gone on to score at least once more in normal time then either get a winner or go through on penalties. :confused:

scott herbertson
Clear-cut or not, Ivanauskas certainly hung him out to dry after the game in Prague.

Mole miss cost us the tie, claims Ivanauskas

Valdas the Psychic could obviously foresee that we would have gone on to score at least once more in normal time then either get a winner or go through on penalties. :confused:

Or perhaps he was counting the one Bednar blasted over the bar as a goal too

Now what happened to that Bednar guy - did we not punt him on loan to a first division team - anyone know how he is doing - better than Jamie?

:blah:

i member when burley gave him his starting debut away to livingston in the cis cup. he missed a great 1 on 1 chance right before half time that night. if i member correctly he got hooked in the 2nd half? he didnt play too badly but he wasnt great either

Guest czechmate
There's been some weird re-writing of history since Mole went out on loan to turn him into the worst player in the history of competitive football. I always thought that he looked decent for us - a bit raw, but showed potential. His goals to games ratio when he was in the team must've compared favourably with any of our other strikers at that time.

He's been poor on loan, so I can't say that I'd be jumping with joy if he was to come right back into the team, but some of the anti Mole stuff that you see / hear people saying does seem a bit over the top.

Spot on young chap.

How true mate, you give me "Moles gash" and I'll raise you "World Cup Stars":o

Re Ruben tho, I cannie see it. I cant see him being punted on, at least not this year. He's been here no more than 5 minutes, he's only just finding his feet in a different country. The fact he actually paid to get here, and has only recently broken into the side, suggests to me he's here for a while yet. I certainly hope so anyway....:P

loveofthegame

He's done nothing. To some thats enough to be a problem. He was hung out to dry by being played in games he should never in a million years have played.

I dont think hes got it as ive said on here before but would give him another chance to prove me wrong

Guest JamboRobbo

Jamie Mole is just ANOTHER in a long line of players who have suffered due to the poor management at our club.

He was overplayed when he wasn't ready by the incompetents who were picking our team.

He's still a young boy and may develop. His failure to do ANYTHING during two loan spells at Livi and QOS during the past year suggest he'll need to improve quite a bit before he's anywhere near ready for the Hearts first team.

Peter Olivers Army
If I were guessing, I'd say Jose will leave with Larry and Ibby, and Pinilla, Ruben, Bruno and Christos will still be here next season.

I'm curious to know why you think that?

Surely Romanov the businessman would see the sense in cutting our losses here. Can't see him putting up with the Chilean Stan Collymore much longer.

Elliot and Mole gave Hearts an unknown quantity combined with no hold ambition and why the hell not attitude. They had nothing to lose and they gave this in thier performances. Nothing too amazing, they were just fresh.

Unfortunately, with the way things were going, this was ok as a stop gap, but would not satisfy the fans who dreamed fo heady days in Europe. they found thier antural level, and unfortunately its not at the same level as the fans and HMFC want to be playing.

In saying that, id suggest the time is ripe to go for it again.

The Hearts fans are ruthless, but I think they will cut some slack to any newcomers into the team. Id suggest this grace period should be used to give some new blood the chance. They might shine...or maybe not, but they will give the fans something to see and inject some exuberance and passion into the team for a while.

What else is there to lose?

The Hearts fans are ruthless, but I think they will cut some slack to any newcomers into the team. Id suggest this grace period should be used to give some new blood the chance. They might shine...or maybe not, but they will give the fans something to see and inject some exuberance and passion into the team for a while.

What else is there to lose?

I agree in theory but usually when youth players are bursting the door down to get into the first team it is because they are in the form of their lives for the reserves or under 19s.

To put them in the team when they are not shining out of the team just because the guys ahead of them are gash means they start off on the back foot.

Any youth player - my boundaries about what is youth end on their 22nd birthday as a rough rule - should never be barracked though whether they are on form or not. They dont pick the team

He was overplayed when he wasn't ready by the incompetents who were picking our team.

QUOTE]

Thats exactly it mate.

I thought he did really when in Athens, when he was thrown in at the deep end......he looked like he had a big future. He did okay in a few games after but then suffered a bad run when the whole team was struggling. Unfortunately, thats is for some of us and he has been slated alot on here. I would give him another chance.

Alan Hutton couldnt get a game for the current buns a season ago and he was a target for some of their fans when he did play..........look what a bit of confidence from a manager and run of 1st team games did for him. Not saying the same would happen with Jamie but its too early to write him or any of the young chaps off IMO.

What has Jamie Mole done........answer.....sod all!

He was supposed to be one of the young players about to explode on the scene for Hearts -

NOPE - he joins the line of Holmes, Sloan, Hammil, Elliot, etc, who will never make it as a top player.

Frankly all the hype from Frail on Mole and the over the top Elliot PR getting rammed down our throats is pathetic!

As Bednar continues to bang in the goals and our top scorer heads for Norway, we are expected to believe that Mole and Elliot are going to suddenly transform themselves into goal scorers!

Aye right!!:mad:

How true mate, you give me "Moles gash" and I'll raise you "World Cup Stars":o

Re Ruben tho, I cannie see it. I cant see him being punted on, at least not this year. He's been here no more than 5 minutes, he's only just finding his feet in a different country. The fact he actually paid to get here, and has only recently broken into the side, suggests to me he's here for a while yet. I certainly hope so anyway....:P

I'll raise you further with the incredible assertion that Romanov getting rid of Pressley and Hartley was one of the good things he has done for the club, that was made by a few and adopted by many for a spell around a year ago on this forum.

Back on the subject of Mole, I would say in summary that we need to give him a chance. For my mind he showed some promise in a Hearts shirt, barracking him because he didn't manage to adapt to the hurly burly of Scottish Division one will do no good for the player at all.

Hearts fans are the complete opposite to Hibs fans where young players are concerned. Mind you, that might just be the Hobo's trying to maintain their "conveyor belt" fantasy and the hope that they can flog them before they turn 21 for an inflated price.

I turned against Mole when he came on as sub in the cup tie at Easter Rd under Malofeev. The whole team was shocking that night, but Mole's attitude really got to me. He never tried a leg and his whole attitude stank.

I will support every player who pulls on a maroon jersey, even if I think he is rubbish, but if I see a player who is not committed then it's like a red rag to a bull.

Look at the players at Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea. Do they swan around the pitch thinking they have made it or do they chase and harry the opposition and graft for results? Would rather have Neil McFarlane back than someone who doesn't give a *****.

Hearts fans are the complete opposite to Hibs fans where young players are concerned. Mind you, that might just be the Hobo's trying to maintain their "conveyor belt" fantasy and the hope that they can flog them before they turn 21 for an inflated price.

I turned against Mole when he came on as sub in the cup tie at Easter Rd under Malofeev. The whole team was shocking that night, but Mole's attitude really got to me. He never tried a leg and his whole attitude stank.

I will support every player who pulls on a maroon jersey, even if I think he is rubbish, but if I see a player who is not committed then it's like a red rag to a bull.

Look at the players at Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea. Do they swan around the pitch thinking they have made it or do they chase and harry the opposition and graft for results? Would rather have Neil McFarlane back than someone who doesn't give a *****.

His attitude may have been poor, but when you consider he was under the management that night of a completely incompetent bufoon, who had dis-heartened most of the squad with bizarre training methods and tactics, it's almost understandable.

I'm afraid that a player not trying a leg while playing for Hearts does not have any excuse - no matter the training or tactics. Surely your own professional pride would be enough??

Maybe Mole has been shipped out on loan to improve his attitude? It's appeared to have been as successful as sending Elliott on loan to Motherwell if it was.

ColtbridgeJambo
What has Jamie Mole done........answer.....sod all!

He was supposed to be one of the young players about to explode on the scene for Hearts -

NOPE - he joins the line of Holmes, Sloan, Hammil, Elliot, etc, who will never make it as a top player.

Frankly all the hype from Frail on Mole and the over the top Elliot PR getting rammed down our throats is pathetic!

As Bednar continues to bang in the goals and our top scorer heads for Norway, we are expected to believe that Mole and Elliot are going to suddenly transform themselves into goal scorers!

Aye right!!:mad:

A very sensible and heartfelt post mate. One of which I would agree with.

If frail or anyone else expects us to believe that Mole and Elliot are going to be the future of Hearts and take us to the next level then he/they should pack their bags now and book themselves into a mental institute as he/they need help urgently.

Say What Again
Make them both paired strikers until the end of the season, if they don't hit double figures between the two then flog them.

I think you could reduce 'double figures' to 5 - and they'd both still be off at the end of the season under those rules.

I'm afraid that a player not trying a leg while playing for Hearts does not have any excuse - no matter the training or tactics. Surely your own professional pride would be enough??

I agree and that is why Ivaskevicius should have been released back to Kaunas in the January window.

I have never seen a player with such a poor attitude playing for Hearts.

From what I remember of Mole playing for Hearts he didn't show that kind of attitude.

Colonel Kurtz

Maybe Mole has been shipped out on loan to improve his attitude? It's appeared to have been as successful as sending Elliott on loan to Motherwell if it was.

The night at easter road mmmm

That was when hartley told the bench to feck off when they tried to sub him The night when Elvis was so ****ed off he didnt try a leg.

The only thing Mole did wrong that night was not halfing the wee sand dancer when he nutmegged him

Say What Again
For my mind he showed some promise in a Hearts shirt, barracking him because he didn't manage to adapt to the hurly burly of Scottish Division one will do no good for the player at all.

I take your point Martin, he certainly does deserve a chance before being totally dismissed. My opinion is he won't make it but I'll be gladly proved wrong.

I know a couple of QOS fans and they both thought he was poor and were unimpressed with his attitude/workrate on the pitch.

They felt even Greame Weir was better - and he only scored 3 times for them in 2 seasons!

:hae36:

[/quote

Hibs fans do have a complete opposite view on young players simply because the young players they have brought through have been quality players!

O'Connor, Riordan, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker, all produced the goods and all earned the support of their fans.

We on the other hand have had Holmes, Sloan, Hammil, Weir, Neilson, Elliot, Mole...

need I say more??

Archived