Cheap pub gub in lothian road area

Alan_R

any recommendations? Leaving straight from work so will have an hour or so to burn while I wait on friends. Any recomendations where I can get my dinner and a pint?

End of the month so cheap as possible please :)

Say What Again

I was in the Footlight on Bread Street a few weeks back mate. They had a Credit Crunch Lunch advertised. Chip roll was 99p, soup and a roll was 99p etc. They also had a 'main' dish on the specials board for ?1.99 - it was ham & mushroom omelette with salad and chips when I was in.

These aren't on the printed menus though - they were all on a blackboard on the bar.

cheers. Im not over that side of town much but I was looking at the footlight actually.

I won't be there till later on though. So i'll have probably missed the lunch menu.

Say What Again

Got a feeling it's on all day mate. It was 6pm when I was there and the board was still up and menus on the tables.

I was in the Footlight on Bread Street a few weeks back mate. They had a Credit Crunch Lunch advertised. Chip roll was 99p, soup and a roll was 99p etc. They also had a 'main' dish on the specials board for ?1.99 - it was ham & mushroom omelette with salad and chips when I was in.

These aren't on the printed menus though - they were all on a blackboard on the bar.

Good choice mate.. Great food in there and you can get a game of pool aswel.

Archived