Victory Shield - Scotland vs England

Kendoll

Anyone going to this on Thursday? ?5 to get in, level on points, winner takes all, draw means they share the cup (doesn't go down to goal difference)

Anyone fancy it? Me and a couple of my mates are going, should be a good laugh. Also, anyone know if any wee jambo's are playing?

Anyone going to this on Thursday? ?5 to get in, level on points, winner takes all, draw means they share the cup (doesn't go down to goal difference)

Anyone fancy it? Me and a couple of my mates are going, should be a good laugh. Also, anyone know if any wee jambo's are playing?

Where's it being played?

Where's it being played?

It's at Tynecastle. Looking forward to it, should be entertaining, think England have won it loads recently so a Scotland win would be something of an upset, both have played 2 and won 2, should be a decent game.

It's at Tynecastle. Looking forward to it, should be entertaining, think England have won it loads recently so a Scotland win would be something of an upset, both have played 2 and won 2, should be a decent game.

Seen the last couple of Scotland games on the telly, that Somalian(?) laddie who Celtic have that has been playing up front has been the best player on the park by a country mile in both games, if he is on form we could do it.

Hearts players in the squad for Thursday

Goalkeeper

Jack Hamilton (Heart of Midlothian)

Defenders

Scott Campbell (Heart of Midlothian)

Ryan Carnwath (Heart of Midlothian)

Forwards

Dale Carrick (Heart of Midlothian)

Footballfirst

I expect to be there on Thursday. Based on recent selections, it is likely that only Scott Campbell of the Hearts contingent will start, although the others may come off the bench.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

?5 for an amatuer under 15 boys football game is well steep on a cold wet windy Thursday night , will watch it on tv

A fiver they are having a laugh , they should be letting everybody in for free to generate an atmosphere

The people running the game do not have any idea and are well out of touch with the football punter of today in this present financial climate so near Christmas

Wake up and smell the coffee Victory Sheild associates

Colonel Kurtz
?5 for an amatuer under 15 boys football game is well steep on a cold wet windy Thursday night , will watch it on tv

A fiver they are having a laugh , they should be letting everybody in for free to generate an atmosphere

The people running the game do not have any idea and are well out of touch with the football punter of today in this present financial climate so near Christmas

Aye right pal...they should let you in for nowt,refund your travel costs,give you a pie at half time and a blow job at full time

get a grip

Aye right pal...they should let you in for nowt,refund your travel costs,give you a pie at half time and a blow job at full time

get a grip

It did read like that. :smiley2:

Csaba's Broon Shoes

get a grip

You are as deluded as the competition commitee , i take it you will be going along with the other 275 paying customers

Enjoy

Come on England

Besides i live within walking distance of Tynie , the pies are crap but the BJ at full-time is that an offer you hobo

Colonel Kurtz
You are as deluded as the competition commitee , i take it you will be going along with the other 275 paying customers

Enjoy

Come on England

Besides i live within walking distance of Tynie , the pies are crap but the BJ at full-time is that an offer you hobo

HMMMM.

whose the hobo

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Are you going to pay for the use of Tynecastle/stewards etc.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Are you going to pay for the use of Tynecastle/stewards etc.

I think you should pay for having nearly 13,000 posts on JKB

portobellojambo1

You are joking aren't you. ?5 is the equivalent of a packet of fags or a couple of pints of beer, it's hardly an extortionate price to pay to get into a football match, irrespective of the level. In saying that I've not yet decided if I'll go, although it's nothing to do with price. It's a bit chilly out there tonight, given I'm only 2 minutes from Tynecastle i'll give it until around 19:20 then decide if I'm going to wrap up and go watch it in person, or sit and watch it on the box.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
You are joking aren't you. ?5 is the equivalent of a packet of fags or a couple of pints of beer, it's hardly an extortionate price to pay to get into a football match, irrespective of the level. In saying that I've not yet decided if I'll go, although it's nothing to do with price. It's a bit chilly out there tonight, given I'm only 2 minutes from tynecastle i'll give it until around 19:20 then decide if I'm going to wrap up and go watch it in person, or sit and watch it on the box.

If you cant be ersed being only 2 minutes away from the ground just goes to show that how many other locals are less than encouraged to go

Its ?5 for a juvenile game is the point , would you pay ?5 to watch

Hutchie v Tynie boys clubs ?

Many people cant afford a fiver on a Thursday night to go and watch an amatuer game in the freezing cold

portobellojambo1
If you cant be ersed being only 2 minutes away from the ground just goes to show that how many other locals are less than encouraged to go

Its ?5 for a juvenile game is the point , would you pay ?5 to watch

Hutchie v Tynie boys clubs ?

Many people cant afford a fiver on a Thursday night to go and watch an amatuer game in the freezing cold

After posting I popped out of the flat for a fag. It doesn't seem to be quite as cold as it was when I left work out at Edinburgh Park earlier, so I've now slapped on an extra T-Shirt and a sweat shirt, and will be heading round to Tynecastle to watch the game. ?5 for a night out is dirt cheap.

A fiver is too much for a football game?

Whilst I am far from a rich man, you would have to be severely tight to think a fiver was too much to pay for a football match.

A real howler but, to be fair, apart from only one other misplaced pass, Campbell has been outstanding.

harsh not to get a penalty there. the young hearts boy has done well since gifted the english their first. another jambo, carrick, has just come on.

harsh not to get a penalty there. the young hearts boy has done well since gifted the english their first. another jambo, carrick, has just come on.

Scottish referee fails to give home team a penalty at tynecastle shock!

Scottish referee fails to give home team a blatant penalty at tynecastle shock!

Edited your post, just to make it more accurate!!!

Some of these players may or may not make it - but the ref obviously has all that's required to ensure a long career in Scottish Football!!!

Footballfirst

I'm just back from the game. I thought it was a pretty decent game and atmosphere with the old stand pretty full. It was helped by around 40-50 kids all singing "we've only got one shoe", while waving it above their heads.

Bar his mistake at the equaliser, Scott Campbell played very well and could have a decent future at Hearts if Csaba isn't.

It's a pity Feruz couldn't put away one of his chances as I thought Scotland deserved a break. Feruz is quite a talent if a little greedy at times. I think the Celtic folks will be having a word with him though - blue boots, whatever next

I'll be e-mailing [email protected] tomorrow morning demading that they either

a) give us a replay

B) demand that England's number 6 be banned from international football forever

c) demand that the lad does the decent thing and walks away from the game

or

d) shut the feck up about Henry and Maradona

Good young English lads cheat like feck as well!!! (or do they think by the time that lad's in his mid twenties he won't do things like that?)

jamboinglasgow

Was at the game too. Was thinking that the kids playing today had much better ball control and touch then nearly all of the current Scotland team. Lets hope the respective teams can help grow these players into the potential players they can be.

I have been quite dismissing of the fact that there were six celtic players in the team. But seeing the four of the back five were Celtic I thought they were actually pretty good. I think Jack Hamilton is a great goalie but the Celtic goalie did very well. I was really impressed with the left back Mohammad Yaqub, his pass that helped create the first goal was impressive. The center half was also great. It was a joy to see two Scottish center backs prepared to play the ball out of danger instead of just punting it when there is a opposition player within 50m.

Jack Grimmer looked a real handful for the opposition. I can see him playing for Aberdeen first team when he turns 16 just like Fraser Fyvie. Islam Feruz was a real hand full and deserved at least a goal for his effort, think if he had a second striker further up then he would of set-up or scored a goal.

Good effort from the young guns, and after seeing Scotland U17s last month I feel we definatly have good young players and the clubs have to make sure we dont end up with more wasted generations.

Was at the game too. Was thinking that the kids playing today had much better ball control and touch then nearly all of the current Scotland team. Lets hope the respective teams can help grow these players into the potential players they can be.

I have been quite dismissing of the fact that there were six celtic players in the team. But seeing the four of the back five were Celtic I thought they were actually pretty good. I think Jack Hamilton is a great goalie but the Celtic goalie did very well. I was really impressed with the left back Mohammad Yaqub, his pass that helped create the first goal was impressive. The center half was also great. It was a joy to see two Scottish center backs prepared to play the ball out of danger instead of just punting it when there is a opposition player within 50m.

Jack Grimmer looked a real handful for the opposition. I can see him playing for Aberdeen first team when he turns 16 just like Fraser Fyvie. Islam Feruz was a real hand full and deserved at least a goal for his effort, think if he had a second striker further up then he would of set-up or scored a goal.

Good effort from the young guns, and after seeing Scotland U17s last month I feel we definatly have good young players and the clubs have to make sure we dont end up with more wasted generations.

good read :2thumbsup:

I was really impressed with the left back Mohammad Yaqub, his pass that helped create the first goal was impressive.

I liked the look of him too; who's he signed to?

jamboinglasgow

sadly Celtic (insert joke here about Celtic suddenly making him Irish.)

Jambof3tornado

I wasnt overly impressed by Feruz,good movement but failed to pick out a pass far too many times. Maybe harsh given his age,time will tell,but lets hope he gets the chance to develope at celtic!

I too was impressed with this lad. From JIG's comments, I would guess he wears the hoops.

Enjoy

Come on England

Well, we got beat, but it was a cracking wee game. One of the best I have seen at Tynie for a LONG time.

Got in free - as would you have if you'd got off yer jacksie. Plus, it was agreat night weather wise for a game and a good turn-out.

What a shame to see Tommy McClean coaching.

:qqb017:

Another generation of kids lost

Is he? FFS........is that the best Scotland can offer to coach these kids?

I think that you will find that the majority of youngsters got in free, as the SFA handed out lots of tickets to lots of schools. The Scottish players could have as many free tickets as they wanted as well. I think the team done Scotland proud, seen as the are all only 15 years old, and when was the last time you could say that about our 1st National Team. We were at the game and it wasn't cold, windy or wet where we were sitting!!!!!! All the hype about 1 player as well, there are actually 18 boys in the squad and all of them did us proud.

Warning - SAD ANORAK QUESTION - look away now if easily offended

Could someone who was at the game tell me if there was a programme issued ?

Many thanks

GC

jamboinglasgow
How many people were at the game?

according to one report, around 2,500 people.

Didn't like the Herald report about the game. It had a sly dig at Scott Campbell I felt.

Archived