Time for a long term Save the Hearts Fund

Craig Herbertson

scott herbertson
On what grounds would contributions be released and who makes those decisions?

That would indeed be difficult, Geoff, but not impossible IMO.

It would need careful drafting, and Trusts like the Dons Trust would be happy to give advice. I am sure there would also be advice from the Scottish Ministry for Health and Sport.

To be workable I think it would have to be an all or nothing aim. That is to say the fund objectives would need to be 'the ownership of Tynecastle Park and its use for Heart of Midlothian football clubl for the benefit of the local community' or similar.

Assuming it was a company with charitable objectives these would need to be defined in terms of community benefit, youth benefit etc.

Should circumstances change then the responsible body (Trust, Charitable Company Provident Society or whatever) would need a mandate from members and possibly external agreement (Charity Commision) to change the objectives.

So for example if Hearts went into administration and the money could purchase Tynecastle with an investment consortium's aid then the objectives would need to change first, requiring a ballot/ application to the Charity Commisison etc.

The Barcelona model is the obvious one to look at,but there are others

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick
That would indeed be difficult, Geoff, but not impossible IMO.

It would need careful drafting, and Trusts like the Dons Trust would be happy to give advice. I am sure there would also be advice from the Scottish Ministry for Health and Sport.

To be workable I think it would have to be an all or nothing aim. That is to say the fund objectives would need to be 'the ownership of Tynecastle Park and its use for Heart of Midlothian football clubl for the benefit of the local community' or similar.

Assuming it was a company with charitable objectives these would need to be defined in terms of community benefit, youth benefit etc.

Should circumstances change then the responsible body (Trust, Charitable Company Provident Society or whatever) would need a mandate from members and possibly external agreement (Charity Commision) to change the objectives.

So for example if Hearts went into administration and the money could purchase Tynecastle with an investment consortium's aid then the objectives would need to change first, requiring a ballot/ application to the Charity Commisison etc.

The Barcelona model is the obvious one to look at,but there are others

That sounds reasonable Scott.

My fear over any Trust is the doubts surrounding the existing one and where money went. Whether these doubts are perceived or real is moot as there is a scepticism over handing money to anyone at present.

There are clubs owned by supporters so it can be done. I realise we are no Barcelona or Hamburg but there must be other examples to look at of similar sized clubs.

I am not aware of what happened during the SOH last time around, but do we just sit around and watch our club suffer a lingering demise? Lets face it no one is going to buy romanov out - so it is up to us to do something.

I appreciate most people do not have large sums of money to invest to buy a football club, but a fiver a week - ?20.00 per month on a Direct Debit for a 10year plan = ?2,400 x 10,000 (less than our average crowd - but maybe not for much longer) is 24,000,000.

Now I have no idea what price the club would cost, but surely for a Fiver a week (or similar amount), it is better than watching our current lot toil every week!

I for one would be very interested in such an idea, but there's the rub, how many would actually do it? If you did get 10,000 subscribing in such a way, it would be workable but it would rely on a minimum of 10,000 for an unbroken 10 year spell. I am not having a go, just trying to be realistic about a good idea that would almost certainly fail.

If anyone wants to put together a Fans Trust then I would be happy to be Chairman of the club when it's acquired.

scott herbertson
If anyone wants to put together a Fans Trust then I would be happy to be Chairman of the club when it's acquired.

Anyone smell frying pans and fire?:th_o:

The original Save Our Hearts proved that many Hearts supporters are all mouth and trousers. They talk about how much they love the club but are unwilling to back it up when asked.

as usual your being harsh not everyone has the disposable cash after all

as to the main point of your statement you are unfortunately correct the hearts support was unable to rase the cash last time nothing will have changed

as to the main point of your statement you are unfortunately correct the hearts support was unable to rase the cash last time nothing will have changed

but a lot of people could have gave some time to help out. some did most didnt give a ---k

but a lot of people could have gave some time to help out. some did most didn't give a ---k

fair point but the fact your bringing it up demonstrates why the idea is a non starter the clubs fan base is incapable of Even discussing raising the STAGGERING SUMS INVOLVED with out bringing up the failure last time out (I'm not having a dig BTW)

scott herbertson
Don't we already have a Supporters Trust?

we do , and that would eb the logical place for this to be taken forward.

However, as far as i am aware it is not currently thir plan to do this, so it is interesting to have a thread such as this where people can discuss whether it is viable and practical as an idea.

If not, we're back to "Who wants to find a millionaire"

If you want to start that kind of cr*p then bring it on.

I am season ticket holder and sit with five family members.

For years.

And another thing, I am utterly convinced that there are individuals on JKB who still pop up now and again in order to spout stuff that would put Pravda to shame due to being on retainers.

Mind you,it's understandable, there can't be much cash in taxi-driving.[/QUOTE]

Not since we took chip and pin.

Funny how you only seem to appear during times of crisis. But then I am not convinced your a Hearts supporter though.

If you want to start that kind of cr*p then bring it on.

I am season ticket holder and sit with five family members.

For years.

And another thing' date=' I am utterly convinced that there are individuals on JKB who still pop up now and again in order to spout stuff that would put Pravda to shame due to being on retainers.

Mind you,it's understandable, [b']there can't be much cash in taxi-driving.[/[/b]QUOTE]

Not since we took chip and pin.

Funny how you only seem to appear during times of crisis. But then I am not convinced your a Hearts supporter though.

i know freewheelin jambo he bleeds maroon owns a season ticket your barking up the wrong tree . tj

I for one would be very interested in such an idea, but there's the rub, how many would actually do it? If you did get 10,000 subscribing in such a way, it would be workable but it would rely on a minimum of 10,000 for an unbroken 10 year spell. I am not having a go, just trying to be realistic about a good idea that would almost certainly fail.

Its a pity that we the fans are now suffering the same malaise as the team! Why would it certainly fail? only if we thought it would fail! I realise that we have lost a lot of optimism over the last few years - but what is the realistic alternative?

It has worked for other teams - why not steal (or modify their system?) I know it is hard for the fans to be positive after witnessing the woeful performances so far this season - but what do we have to lose?

If 20,000 can buy into Ebbsfleet (or whatever they are called) surely we with the proper marketing and enthusiasm from the fans can make it work!

leithjambo98.8

reading this thread, obvious that opinions vary, i would suggest that if we had 10,000 supporters setting up a direct debit to a trust paying ?20 per month you would have a very reasonable amount to approach a bank with regards to backing, you would also have more affluent supporters who could bank more in the trust, this could be the start to getting the wheels in motion, if we don't act soon then the deb't will only increase. i can't make all games due to family commitments but would be more than happy to contribute, i'm sure there are many that are in the same boat.

Hi Craig, hopefully catch up with you next saturday at the alternative to Ayr Races!

However, nothing stays the same - if everyone gave up at the first hurdle nothing would ever be acheived! Only in extreme adversity springs hope eternal (or something like that!) If Eddison can find thousands of ways not to make a light bulb - it should not be outwith our abilities to find a way to fund ownership of our team!

reading this thread, obvious that opinions vary, i would suggest that if we had 10,000 supporters setting up a direct debit to a trust paying ?20 per month you would have a very reasonable amount to approach a bank with regards to backing, you would also have more affluent supporters who could bank more in the trust, this could be the start to getting the wheels in motion, if we don't act soon then the deb't will only increase. i can't make all games due to family commitments but would be more than happy to contribute, i'm sure there are many that are in the same boat.

Well said! In fact if a tenth of our stated fan base (300,000+) according to recent stats paid we would have a realistic chance! Afterall how many could not afford less than a packet of fags, 2 pints of beer or a Chineese carry oot a week to own a part of the famous?

Hi Craig, hopefully catch up with you next Saturday at the alternative to Ayr Races!

However, nothing stays the same - if everyone gave up at the first hurdle nothing would ever be achieved! Only in extreme adversity springs hope eternal (or something like that!) If Eddison can find thousands of ways not to make a light bulb - it should not be outwith our abilities to find a way to fund ownership of our team!

looking forward to Saturdays fundraiser Eric and the magic jts resurgence in form:stuart::2thumbsup:

back on subject i think the only way hearts will be free of romanov is after the club goes into administration following his death lack of interest bankruptcy ect . This will mean tynie no more that would distress me no end

looking forward to Saturdays fundraiser Eric and the magic jts resurgence in form:stuart::2thumbsup:

back on subject i think the only way hearts will be free of romanov is after the club goes into administration following his death lack of interest bankruptcy ect . This will mean tynie no more that would distress me no end

A new ground at the Gyle would be handy though.........

Dismal times now, dismal times ahead. Perhaps the fans should get in now before the inevitable crisis and start some kind of long term financial planning to make sure we have a bigger say come the apocalypse

Totally agree, we can't afford to take a chance on our future by expecting Romanov to keep us ticking over or thinking that some white knight will come to our rescue.

100,000 fans gave just ?2 pound a month...............:stuart:

I think the idea of putting ST money away in a fund / account / notional shares somewhere is a brilliant idea.

I'm known on here for saying a couple of times since Vlad arrived that we need to get organised, and have advocated non-ST renewal twice.

That has usually been later in the season or after specific events.

However no one would have anything to lose here - get the rules and terms right, and if you want your ST money out later, or at ST purchase time, then so be it.

But get a significant amount of money in there, and the message to Vlad would be loud and clear.

Genius.

i know freewheelin jambo he greets maroon owns a season ticket your barking up the wrong tree . tj

I have corrected this for you.

It's more accurate.

anyone wanting an idea of how part of the original founding SOH membership evolved during the campaign should read animal farm by george orwell. personalities began to clash and egos bounced of each other. hard working individuals were intmidated by the real crew for daring to play a part in their war against public enemy no.1 CPR. SOH started off with potential but a lot of fans failed to back their words up with action for whatever reasons they had. SOH was successful in keeping hearts at tynecastle so this should not be forgotten. SOH imho should not be blamed for our current mess just because the campaign led to romanov buying the club. steve cardownie was initially responsible for introducing romanov to george foulkes i believe. the only thing that i think will save hearts from romanov is for a buyer or buyers to buy out romanov. but romanov is quite comfortable with the managable debt that is just a paper exercise in income between the club and ukio so i don't think romanov and co will be in any rush to let go of HMFC. a campaign imho would be a fruitless exercise and probably lead to more of a division between the fans themselves. any boycots on buying season tickets or merchandise would just be shooting ourselves in the foot. CPR's debt over 8 years was accumulated partly because of such a campaign of boycot's. we're stuck until another white knight comes along, or maybe as crazy as it may sound, having to start again from grassroots might be the only logical way to rid ourselves of this russian parasite.

scott herbertson
anyone wanting an idea of how part of the original founding SOH membership evolved during the campaign should read animal farm by george orwell. personalities began to clash and egos bounced of each other. hard working individuals were intmidated by the real crew for daring to play a part in their war against public enemy no.1 CPR. SOH started off with potential but a lot of fans failed to back their words up with action for whatever reasons they had. SOH was successful in keeping hearts at tynecastle so this should not be forgotten. SOH imho should not be blamed for our current mess just because the campaign led to romanov buying the club. steve cardownie was initially responsible for introducing romanov to george foulkes i believe. the only thing that i think will save hearts from romanov is for a buyer or buyers to buy out romanov. but romanov is quite comfortable with the managable debt that is just a paper exercise in income between the club and ukio so i don't think romanov and co will be in any rush to let go of HMFC. a campaign imho would be a fruitless exercise and probably lead to more of a division between the fans themselves. any boycots on buying season tickets or merchandise would just be shooting ourselves in the foot. CPR's debt over 8 years was accumulated partly because of such a campaign of boycot's. we're stuck until another white knight comes along, or maybe as crazy as it may sound, having to start again from grassroots might be the only logical way to rid ourselves of this russian parasite.

I agree with most of what you say but if we had to start again at grass roots it would be nice to have at least a little cash put by to make a start?

that's true scott. you would have to have a healthy cash flow to build a solid platform for the club. i have always wondered if the original heart of mid-lothian name is registered by HMFC or anyone else?

Its a pity that we the fans are now suffering the same malaise as the team! Why would it certainly fail? only if we thought it would fail! I realise that we have lost a lot of optimism over the last few years - but what is the realistic alternative?

It has worked for other teams - why not steal (or modify their system?) I know it is hard for the fans to be positive after witnessing the woeful performances so far this season - but what do we have to lose?

If 20,000 can buy into Ebbsfleet (or whatever they are called) surely we with the proper marketing and enthusiasm from the fans can make it work!

Okay then,

Disprove my scepticism, set this up and I will join. :)

Well said! In fact if a tenth of our stated fan base (300,000+) according to recent stats paid we would have a realistic chance! Afterall how many could not afford less than a packet of fags, 2 pints of beer or a Chineese carry oot a week to own a part of the famous?

No offence mate... ...but dream on !

If the figure of 300,000 is correct, then only about 1% were actively involved in SOH. I fully accept that some (albeit wrongly IMO) agreed with CPR, but not 99% of the fans! SOH had one aim which it achieved, but it did so without the majority of the "fans" puting their hands in their pockets, or getting off their backsides.

The biggest danger to HMFC is apathy, not Romanov.

It's dead easy for folk to make all the right noises, but ask them to contribute some cash, or ask them to come along to a meeting, or a demonstration, then see what happens... ...or rather doesn't happen. I'm not wanting to turn this into a "who's the best fan" argument, and I realise that there were/are many fans who could not contribute their time/money for perfectly acceptable reasons. I also fully accept that not everyone will necesarily agree with any proposal, as is their right.

But 99% not backing SOH ? That shows the real problem then, and I've not seen or heard anything that would make me think supporters would act any differeny this time round.

This may not be what people want to hear, but in this Hearts fan's opinion it is the undeniable facts of the situation. If someone can prove me wrong then good luck to them, I'll back them and their proposal, but I ain't holding my breath.

Approx 1300 people put into the SOH{ ?100 or over} when this was broken down ie dads putting in money for there sons,daughters ect just over 800 hearts fans put money in to that cause

Approx 1300 people put into the SOH{ ?100 or over} when this was broken down ie dads putting in money for there sons,daughters ect just over 800 hearts fans put money in to that cause

....and that was a loan to SOH, not a donation !

Talk of getting thousands to contribute money regulary for year is just fantasy. Even the two 500 Clubs couldn't manage numbers like that, and you got ?600 back for your ?500! As for owning a piece of Hearts, the last issue of new shares was also massively under subscribed.

All these ways to raise money have struggled, and ended up with only a small percentage of fans actually contributing. What makes people suddenly think there are all these thousands (or tens of thousands FFS) who will suddenly remember their PIN number, when they didn't before?

I will pledge next year's season ticket cash. Incidentally, if it was publicised properly that the fans were even considering this, it may well bring VR so his senses and to start treating us with a bit more respect.

That's a good call.

I will do the same - if anybody is out there to take it.

Dismal times now, dismal times ahead. Perhaps the fans should get in now before the inevitable crisis and start some kind of long term financial planning to make sure we have a bigger say come the apocalypse

This would be difficult to get off the ground especially with our lack of organisation within the support. We readily criticise Scottish football because we have the SFA, SFL, and SPL unable to work as a unit for the common good yet we have the Trust, Fans Forum (does it still exist?), Federation and Shareholders Association not having a common agenda. That is not to say they are other than well meaning and exist to help the club and the support. The fact remains however that parochial (for want of a better word) interest needs to be set aside and these factions, and all other supporters must get together under a positive unity banner. Only then can we be serious about taking any sort stake in the club

As a few people have mentioned SOH was seen by many as Save Our Tynecastle and meant some fans refused to contribute. I was one of the 800 who did and would hope that if it was/is a battle for survival that more than 800 would do so this time around. I know I would.

As a few people have mentioned SOH was seen by many as Save Our Tynecastle and meant some fans refused to contribute. I was one of the 800 who did and would hope that if it was/is a battle for survival that more than 800 would do so this time around. I know I would.

the ones that say that will only make up some other excuse the next time

boabyarsebiscuit

Someone on here was going to start something up a while back. Concerned Hearts fans Against Romanov Mentalness or summat? Maybe they should try again.

there were a h3ll of a lot of fans who could see this coming 3 years ago and some were members of this forum. all they got was a cyber kicking and loads of abuse, oh and banned for their concerns. these and like minded suporters have probably been sickened by their treatment and turned their backs on this regime. there's an idea for the next home game, a silent backs to the board protest at kick off time. hearts fans need to unite in the main aim of any campaign and that is so save the good name of heart of mid-lothian fc and not pursue personal gratification for being a better or real supporter as has been the case in the past.

Craig Herbertson
Someone on here was going to start something up a while back. Concerned Hearts fans Against Romanov Mentalness or summat? Maybe they should try again.

I understand the anger and the frustration. I still think some good things have emerged in the last twenty years. We are still functioning - without backers we wouldn't be and that includes the various directors who come in for a lot of stick - SOH and the various campaigns got some say for fans, this great board where we can all air our views and perhaps draw attention to various causes.

But I keep thinking that one thing is clear. Over the years I have seen various institutions being pumped full of money to their detriment, local shops giving way to superstores, small businesses crashing because of legislation- football, no exception, has been decimated by laws and regulations, by TV rights, by being up marketed as middle class. Clubs have changed grounds to huge stadiums. The net result - it's all gone awry. I'm sure this is what the malaise is about.

Unless fans think they can somehow recapture the team for themselves financially, we may well just disappear. I just believe that the central point is Tyncastle. Take Gorgie out of the Hearts and you're left with some meaningless multinational company or no company at all.

If we could get a slow burning fund ti save Tyncastle going maybe our grandchildren will still be watching a good local side playing passionate football in front of a relatively contented crowd

Radioactive Mince

I half-heartedly looked into the setting up of a trust account and the possible security measures around 8 months ago. All you need is around up to (but not necessarily as many as) 10 people to be joint signatories, custodians as it were. I think you could also have a contract set up to state that cash can only be withdrawn once the possiblity existed for a takeover. Otherwise in the event of failure all monies could be refunded plus interest to the individuals.

What I never got my head around was the logistics of refunding any capital. It seems to me, as someone who has never worked in the world of finance, that it would be a bit of a nightmare.

Perhaps keeping one account for DD/standing order payments would make refunding those monies pretty easy. Another account could then be set up for singular large, recorded, cash "donations" if you like.

I'd love to see us at least attempt this. I'm willing to give it a go at least. The question is; who do we try to get on board to act as these custodians. People we can trust. I'm trustworthy :stuart: but the problem is only a small percentage of the support actually know me. We would need a George Foulkes or a Gary Mackay type figure to at least be part of the account-holding group. It doesn't help that guys in the past who were meant to be working in the best interests of the support were at it (Borthwick).

Mince

Radioactive Mince
hearts fans need to unite in the main aim of any campaign and that is so save the good name of heart of mid-lothian fc and not pursue personal gratification for being a better or real supporter as has been the case in the past.

Correct.

This type of thing should be part of this idea's potential mission statement.

Mince

This would be difficult to get off the ground especially with our lack of organisation within the support. We readily criticise Scottish football because we have the SFA, SFL, and SPL unable to work as a unit for the common good yet we have the Trust, Fans Forum (does it still exist?), Federation and Shareholders Association not having a common agenda. That is not to say they are other than well meaning and exist to help the club and the support. The fact remains however that parochial (for want of a better word) interest needs to be set aside and these factions, and all other supporters must get together under a positive unity banner. Only then can we be serious about taking any sort stake in the club

You're being more than a little bit unfair withe the accusations you're making in that post, which doesn't help at all in trying to get supporters pulling together for the greater good of HMFC.

Where do you think SOH came from ?

The Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs arranged meetings with the Fans Forum, the Shareholders Association, and the Supporters Trust. It was from these meetings that Save Our Hearts was born as a pressure group made up from the others (the position of the Shareholders and the Forum changed over time and with changes in their respective Committees) and disbanded when it's objective was secured.

You have a pop at these organisations for being "parochial" so are you suggesting you start another one? Or if you a member of one of them why do you not try for the changes you want through their respective democratic processes?

Having a dig at someone (or an organisation) because you think you could do better, but without actually being willing to step up to the mark youself is, IMO, symptomatic of the problem with far too many Hearts fans.

You want to change things, fine. Get yourself and any likeminded friends involved. Do something, don't just take cheap shots at those who do give their time for their members and for Hearts.

I half-heartedly looked into the setting up of a trust account and the possible security measures around 8 months ago. All you need is around up to (but not necessarily as many as) 10 people to be joint signatories, custodians as it were. I think you could also have a contract set up to state that cash can only be withdrawn once the possiblity existed for a takeover. Otherwise in the event of failure all monies could be refunded plus interest to the individuals.

What I never got my head around was the logistics of refunding any capital. It seems to me, as someone who has never worked in the world of finance, that it would be a bit of a nightmare.

Perhaps keeping one account for DD/standing order payments would make refunding those monies pretty easy. Another account could then be set up for singular large, recorded, cash "donations" if you like.

I'd love to see us at least attempt this. I'm willing to give it a go at least. The question is; who do we try to get on board to act as these custodians. People we can trust. I'm trustworthy :stuart: but the problem is only a small percentage of the support actually know me. We would need a George Foulkes or a Gary Mackay type figure to at least be part of the account-holding group. It doesn't help that guys in the past who were meant to be working in the best interests of the support were at it (Borthwick).

Mince

Well the one person we would not want is him! The fund would disappear in his expenses! I think Foulkes credibility has long gone.

Okay then,

Disprove my scepticism, set this up and I will join. :)

Man you are hard to please! I only offered an idea, I did not volunteer to give up my job and set this up.

However, I would be prepared to devote any spare time to the elected committee. I can see from some of the posts the apathy that exists from some of our fellow fans - maybe we dont want this badly enough to organise an alternative.

Maybe some people only like to moan rather than offer solutions. And if talk is cheap I would be prepared to put my money where my mouth is by donating ?1,000 to begin with.

Man you are hard to please! I only offered an idea, I did not volunteer to give up my job and set this up.

However, I would be prepared to devote any spare time to the elected committee. I can see from some of the posts the apathy that exists from some of our fellow fans - maybe we dont want this badly enough to organise an alternative.

Maybe some people only like to moan rather than offer solutions. And if talk is cheap I would be prepared to put my money where my mouth is by donating ?1,000 to begin with.

Mate, I am offering to join your crusade! I was not having a go at you, I was being serious. I will be in this if you want to do it. Referring to your first paragraph, that is the key. I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't run it but I would join. Who would run it? Who would want that hassle? Also, going on another posters response, I would 100% not want to be any sort of signatory for the cash. It is my opinion that any custodian of a football fans cash will at some point have his integrity called into question and I wouldn't want that.

I wish I could offer ?1,000 to begin with. If something like this was really to happen (and on the premise that if it fell apart I would get my cash back) I would like to put a three figure sum in to start with and would happily pay somewhere in the region of ?50 per month ad infinitum.

The question would be, and I am only re-iterating my first concerns, would enough Hearts fans want to join some sort of co-operative ownership of the club? It is one of those things that we would toil to get the sort of support required until we had control, if that pie in the sky dream were ever to happen.

Bookmark this Gowest, if you (notice I have nominated you again!) start this I will join. :)

Mate, I am offering to join your crusade! I was not having a go at you, I was being serious. I will be in this if you want to do it. Referring to your first paragraph, that is the key. I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't run it but I would join. Who would run it? Who would want that hassle? Also, going on another posters response, I would 100% not want to be any sort of signatory for the cash. It is my opinion that any custodian of a football fans cash will at some point have his integrity called into question and I wouldn't want that.

I wish I could offer ?1,000 to begin with. If something like this was really to happen (and on the premise that if it fell apart I would get my cash back) I would like to put a three figure sum in to start with and would happily pay somewhere in the region of ?50 per month ad infinitum.

The question would be, and I am only re-iterating my first concerns, would enough Hearts fans want to join some sort of co-operative ownership of the club? It is one of those things that we would toil to get the sort of support required until we had control, if that pie in the sky dream were ever to happen.

Bookmark this Gowest, if you (notice I have nominated you again!) start this I will join. :)

OK Thanks for your support, apologies for doubting your sincerity! I guess the only way we will ever find out is to try and galvanise the fans. Nothing ever worth achieving comes cheap.

I appreciate your nomination but I dont have the time to devote to this, but why do we not try a poll to gauge reaction?

I also think that the figurehead should be Gary Mackay, also avoiding failed politicians such as greedy George Foulkes. Can we really take a pipe dream and make it fly? Who knows how to set up a poll?

M'upferrit too.

You're being more than a little bit unfair withe the accusations you're making in that post, which doesn't help at all in trying to get supporters pulling together for the greater good of HMFC.

Where do you think SOH came from ?

The Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs arranged meetings with the Fans Forum, the Shareholders Association, and the Supporters Trust. It was from these meetings that Save Our Hearts was born as a pressure group made up from the others (the position of the Shareholders and the Forum changed over time and with changes in their respective Committees) and disbanded when it's objective was secured.

You have a pop at these organisations for being "parochial" so are you suggesting you start another one? Or if you a member of one of them why do you not try for the changes you want through their respective democratic processes?

Having a dig at someone (or an organisation) because you think you could do better, but without actually being willing to step up to the mark youself is, IMO, symptomatic of the problem with far too many Hearts fans.

You want to change things, fine. Get yourself and any likeminded friends involved. Do something, don't just take cheap shots at those who do give their time for their members and for Hearts.

Let me clarify that I'm not particularly having a dig at any of these organisations and have the utmost respect for the office bearers who selflessly give up their own time and money for the benefit of their members and the club without always getting the recognition they deserve.

As regards the word "parochial" I did say that was used for want of a better word and at no point did I say I could do better. Stepping up to the mark myself is something I would love to do but is an unlikely option as it would mean a 200 mile round trip every time a meeting was necessary.

Getting back to the OP's original question about long term financial planning, the real point I am making is that whatever happens we need something under which all our fans can unite with a positive objective. There's no need to read anything more into it.

While you're still supporting Hearts, put it into a fund to start the process of fan ownership - sadly, that's much better use of the money and time than going to the actual games these days...:hang:

did you know that it was donald ford that saved hearts from being bought by that big bad hibby kenny waugh fella? when donald heard waugh's plan he got on the phone to mercer and begged him to step in and save hearts. fordy is a legend in more ways than one and a cracking photographer tae boot!

Well the one person we would not want is him! The fund would disappear in his expenses! I think Foulkes credibility has long gone.

That really is a shocker - you're calling on Hearts fans to unite and then you have a cheap dig like that.

Good luck with your crusade.

scots civil war

if you geezers get something like a structured and identified system in which to contribute in ridding of this plague in charge,a proposal or summat in clear terms for us to digest.....then please get it drafted and put up on kb asap.....if it gains momentum howz about donkey being notified of this in which he can drop it in his reports on the radio for publicity???

its the only positive for me at the moment,hopefully the beginning of a sustained campaign to right the shambles bestowed on a large part of our lives,heartsfc

Archived