What games do you want replayed?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I appreciate the Oirish are hurting just now but The Irish Justice Minister demanding a replay is a little but pathetic if you ask me. Still in the spirit of fun, what game do you think we should demand gets replayed.

For me it has to be the night Dallas/Davis made a complete shop front of it and gave The Huns a victory at Tynecastle. Can honestly say I have never been so angry in my entire life at a game of football. Mystifying decision made by 2 officials completely out of their depth (yes I do include Dallas in that) Alex McLeish maintaining it was a stonewaller just made matters worse.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The Sellick new year game where Fysass was sent off. Blew any chance we had of winning the league. :(

Don't really care about the Davis game anymore because, at the end of the day, it had no baring on us.

I'd go for Dens Park 3rd May 1986. We had an absolute stonewaller denied after about 10 minutes (I was 15 yards away from it) which, had we scored the penalty, I'm sure we would have got the point we needed.

To make it worse the ref was a Jambo, Bill Crombie, who worked at Ferranti and later admitted he'd bottled it.

alwaysthereinspirit
Don't really care about the Davis game anymore because, at the end of the day, it had no baring on us.

I'd go for Dens Park 3rd May 1986. We had an absolute stonewaller denied after about 10 minutes (I was 15 yards away from it) which, had we scored the penalty, I'm sure we would have got the point we needed.

To make it worse the ref was a Jambo, Bill Crombie, who worked at Ferranti and later admitted he'd bottled it.

Celtic fans would want that one replayed as well though. That Rankgers win gave them the two extra points that helped them win the league by one point.

Actually there's not enough time to post all the games I'd want replayed.

I would go for the 7-0 game , not sure if there were any dodgy desicions as i did not see the game but it would be good to see that particular event in our history erased.

The Sellick new year game where Fysass was sent off. Blew any chance we had of winning the league. :(

That game is the game we can pint point exactly where our decline started

Maloney the wee diving bassa

I think the Andy Davis 'decision' should have caused an investigation into corruption in the SFA

Definately should have had that game replayed

i wont say dens park '86 because apart from one penalty decision there wasn't anything to moan about.

the game being played at the same time in paisley is the one i would have replayed.

an utter disgrace and a sham of a football match where the team needing to win 3-0 didn't even have to break sweat in order to do so.

we all know why.

dogface mcgarvey knew too.

Celtic fans would want that one replayed as well though. That Rankgers win gave them the two extra points that helped them win the league by one point.

Actually there's not enough time to post all the games I'd want replayed.

Precisely why I'm not bothered about it anymore.

It affected the tims way more than it affected us, and I couldn't give a monkey's about those rimjobs.

Didn't mean I wasn't absolutely raging at the time right enough.

I appreciate the Oirish are hurting just now but The Irish Justice Minister demanding a replay is a little but pathetic if you ask me. Still in the spirit of fun, what game do you think we should demand gets replayed.

For me it has to be the night Dallas/Davis made a complete shop front of it and gave The Huns a victory at Tynecastle. Can honestly say I have never been so angry in my entire life at a game of football. Mystifying decision made by 2 officials completely out of their depth (yes I do include Dallas in that) Alex McLeish maintaining it was a stonewaller just made matters worse.

Other than the ones mentioned already, how about the match v Smelltic around this time last year when Caldwell (?) handled the ball to keep it in play, for them to score??!!

Nearly identical to the incident last night. :curtain:

Sterling Archer

Bill crombie ref'd in boys club level and a guy I knew got sent off for making some comment about him scewing hearts over and bottling it. (i think it was more explicit than that)

Games I'd want replayed, the 4-0 Semi Final, It was so much fun and I want that experience again :D

Jam Tarts 1874
The Celtic game in 2006 at Tynecastle.

Takis sent off after a Maloney dive sees us blow a 2-0 lead.

Definately. A win would have put kept us in the title race, we were playing brilliant until the ref let Celtic back in.

i wont say dens park '86 because apart from one penalty decision there wasn't anything to moan about.

the game being played at the same time in paisley is the one i would have replayed.

an utter disgrace and a sham of a football match where the team needing to win 3-0 didn't even have to break sweat in order to do so.

we all know why.

Anti-canine-ist post imo.

Definately. A win would have put kept us in the title race, we were playing brilliant until the ref let Celtic back in.

Or until Rix told the players to sit back 2nd half.:th_o:

But we wouldn't have won it anyway. Unless people think Graham Rix was a good manager? The league had already gone: that game just confirmed it.

Davisgate game.

AND

Celtic at Tynecastle, new years day 2006 also hurts. Fysass got sent off for nothing when we were 2-0 up and we went on to get cheated 2-3 in the end.

Red card was recinded but what good was that after the fact?!

Not that I would bother about it but does anyone remember the game at Ibrox when we got 673 million men sent off.

****ing terrible, shambolic in fact.

I would have to go for the scotland game versus Italy, when Alan Hutton was fouled only to be given it against him, which in turned cause te goal. That point could have sent us to euro 2008

Edit : you could pick afew from this season aswell i guess. E.G Rangers, Celtic, St Johnstan.

I would have to go for the scotland game versus Italy, when Alan Hutton was fouled only to be given it against him, which in turned cause te goal. That point could have sent us to euro 2008

Incorrect. Scotland had to win the game, and it was 1-1 with only moments left. That's the thing about Ireland's protests: they weren't cheated out of a place at the World Cup last night. It was merely heading for penalties, which they could well have lost.

If Scotland want to know why they didn't qualify for Euro 2008, they should look at Berti Vogts, whose incompetence ensured your seeding was low and you were landed with the group from hell; at the defeat in Ukraine, and especially at the defeat in Georgia, for which McLeish was culpable. No side ever wants to be in a position whereby they have to beat Italy to qualify - because Italy just don't lose those games, 1958 against Northern Ireland excepted.

john brownlee

early sixties game cup QF at Tynecastle cant remember the exact date but smellic won on a retake pen among other dubious decision's that day. First time I realised the game was not a level playing field. and it still hasn't change even to this day.

we all know why.

Did Celtic not have to win 4-0 that day?.

It wouldnae huv mattered a jot if we'd won, if we went 1-0 up then that game would have been over sharpish.

For Sir Lawson.

Somewhat perplexing, given we went top of the league at Portman Road (and stayed there thereafter) by winning 2-0 in the land that time forgot in December 2003.

Tell you what game Ipswich would want replayed though. 1995/6: Martin O'Neill's Norwich 2-0 up on the binmen entering the last five minutes. Ipswich pulled a goal back, and to our horror, were then awarded a penalty. Norwich players protested - and the ref changed his mind! I laughed and laughed and laughed. :smiley2:

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Somewhat perplexing, given we went top of the league at Portman Road (and stayed there thereafter) by winning 2-0 in the land that time forgot in December 2003.

Tell you what game Ipswich would want replayed though. 1995/6: Martin O'Neill's Norwich 2-0 up on the binmen entering the last five minutes. Ipswich pulled a goal back, and to our horror, were then awarded a penalty. Norwich players protested - and the ref changed his mind! I laughed and laughed and laughed. :smiley2:

Cheap shot on my behalf SL & will try harder in the future.

:10900:

Cheap shot on my behalf SL & will try harder in the future.

:10900:

I should hope so too! It's not difficult either: Ipswich Town 5-0 Norwich City in February 1998 very nearly made me cry. :43:

For me it has to be the night Dallas/Davis made a complete shop front of it and gave The Huns a victory at Tynecastle. Can honestly say I have never been so angry in my entire life at a game of football. Mystifying decision made by 2 officials completely out of their depth (yes I do include Dallas in that) Alex McLeish maintaining it was a stonewaller just made matters worse.[/QUOTE]

This,cant remember being so angry at a football game. It was cheating,pure and simple.

Scottish Cup Semi-Final 1988.

Hate that game.

Had it not been against Celtic in a semi-final, at least one of their goals would have been disallowed for a foul on Henry.

in the event of hearts losing by a single goal... yes.

as it turned out we lost by 2 therefore - with the benefit of hindsight - celtic had to win by 3 goals only.

they won by 5 and therefore finished 3 goals clear.

they were 4-0 up at half time which was 'job done' for them. they then got lucky through our own failure which we should never excuse ourselves of.

the fact will always remain though that we should have been allowed the chance of a get-out-of-jail card through st.midden keeping celtic down to 2/3 goals. st.midden gave 100% against us and they should have given 100% against 'them'. the league is awarded over 36 games (at that time), not just the final match.

st.midden - cheating sewer rats.

portobellojambo1
I appreciate the Oirish are hurting just now but The Irish Justice Minister demanding a replay is a little but pathetic if you ask me.

I've removed part of your post to concentrate on the above IBT. I, personally don't think the Irish approach is pathetic, in fact I think it is fully justified, and just what football needs. If neither clubs nor countries ever challenge the system how is it going to change.

Within last night's incident there were three separate instances when play should have been stopped. The first offence was when the free kick was taken, two French players were well offside, then initially Henry controlled the ball with his forearm (an offence Robbie Keane was pulled up for in the 2nd half, when in a genuine goal scoring position), when the ball shot of his forearm he then used his hand to prevent it running out of play. He has since admitted he cheated, without actually saying the word.

I think Ireland have every right to push this as far as they can. If nothing is done regards technology/change in football the happenings/cheating will continue to happen.

I just hope that any Hearts fan who thinks Ireland are wrong to protest will not come on this board during the remainder of this season or any other future season bleating about controversial decisions being given in favour of the Old Firm.

If no one tries to instigate change then change will never happen.

If FIFA had any balls, and understood the wording of their own Fair Play promotion, they would have no hesitation in ordering a replay, France have effectively admitted they cheated to get through. Taking no action gives cheating the green light.

What about the game against Hibs with Rix in charge when we were 3-0 up at half time and pretty sure they had 10 men. We scored right at the start of the 2nd half to make it 4-0 and really should have put the foot down and gave them an absolute doin. Maybe with someone like JJ in charge who understood the history i reckon we would have hit at least 7!

would love to see that game again and have the same feeling(only if the sunday parade can be replayed again though)

I've removed part of your post to concentrate on the above IBT. I, personally don't think the Irish approach is pathetic, in fact I think it is fully justified, and just what football needs. If neither clubs nor countries ever challenge the system how is it going to change.

Within last night's incident there were three separate instances when play should have been stopped. The first offence was when the free kick was taken, two French players were well offside, then initially Henry controlled the ball with his forearm (an offence Robbie Keane was pulled up for in the 2nd half, when in a genuine goal scoring position), when the ball shot of his forearm he then used his hand to prevent it running out of play. He has since admitted he cheated, without actually saying the word.

I think Ireland have every right to push this as far as they can. If nothing is done regards technology/change in football the happenings/cheating will continue to happen.

I just hope that any Hearts fan who thinks Ireland are wrong to protest will not come on this board during the remainder of this season or any other future season bleating about controversial decisions being given in favour of the Old Firm.

If no one tries to instigate change then change will never happen.

If FIFA had any balls, and understood the wording of their own Fair Play promotion, they would have no hesitation in ordering a replay, France have effectively admitted they cheated to get through. Taking no action gives cheating the green light.

exactly spot on.

Unless a referee gets the rule wrong like he did in the Asian match a few years back. Uzhbekistan (sp) v someone when he awarded a free kick for encraoching at a penalty instead of a retake, then I feel a game will never be replayed.

If Hearts couldn't get a match halted or a replay when Mallorca's goalposts were only about 6ft 6in (certainly no more than 7ft) from the ground in the centre then no wee team will ever be able to challenge a decision against a big team (their association was bigger than ours, not the team). That was a clear infringement of the laws of the game and must be our biggest case ever for applying for a rematch.

Archived