The best meal I've ever had at Texas de Brazil

mac

It was a friends treat - you have to check this place out - the quality and quantity of food, and service, was exceptional for $50 or thereabouts. The meat is on skewers, and they keep bringing it to your table until you pass out!

You can pick and choose what stuff you like, the fresh salad, shaved parmesan, mozzarella, shrimp etc was also outstanding.

The dessert tray was also impressive, but we couldn't do it justice, the fat pigs that we are - I weighed myself before we went, and came back 5 pounds heavier - worth it.:10900:

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

It was a friends treat - you have to check this place out - the quality and quantity of food, and service, was exceptional for $50 or thereabouts. The meat is on skewers, and they keep bringing it to your table until you pass out!

You can pick and choose what stuff you like, the fresh salad, shaved parmesan, mozzarella, shrimp etc was also outstanding.

The dessert tray was also impressive, but we couldn't do it justice, the fat pigs that we are - I weighed myself before we went, and came back 5 pounds heavier - worth it.:10900:

Sounds great... ...do they deliver ? :whistling:

Personally, I prefer the authentic versions in Rio...Porcao or Marius Carne :2thumbsup:

Mac, I tell everyone about this place, been to it every time i have been in Miami, wish there was something like it here!! Even the salad bar is amazing but the meat selection is truly something of beauty.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I never feel like i can do this or Fogo de Chao justice. You need to starve yourself for a day beforehand so you can fully appreciate the 100 different types of meat that you get (ok, not 100, but you know what i mean!)

You know what? I'd never heard of this place, and certainly can't afford to eat there (I'm "between jobs", as they say), so our friends took us there for a treat. TdB gave us a couple of comment cards to send to the head office which asked for your birthday and anniversary, so me and Fiona filled them out and they give you a free meal on your birthday and anniversary, which means we'll be heading there 3 times a year.

Anyway, the quality of the food and service are amazing - I honestly don't think a steak house could match them for the price:2thumbsup: so if you're heading over on vacation, this place is a must (better than the parks, etc)

I tried the real thing on the coppacabana in Rio last summer and it was the best meal ive ever had.

For ?30 your starters were like a buffet selection but everything was there, half lobster, huge prawns, brazilian stews, any kind of sea food you could imagine and loads of other stuff. It was as much as you could eat as well.

As above the meat came on skewers. Every kind of meat you can imagine was offered. It was all cooked medium rare. My partner doesnt like it like that and after rejecting a few meats the waiter said do you preferit well done. She said yes and hey presto he turned up with meat well done for her all night!!!

We had a desert 2 drinks and coffe and it was only ?30. Amazing

Oh and the toilets were the the most amazing place I have ever had the pleasure to relieve myself in ( no not that way)

The Old Tolbooth

There's a Brazilian gaffe in Londons O2 arena which is out of this world too, and also a tad closer to home :D

Highly recommended :2thumbsup:

Went to a cracking churrascaria in Prague - must've eaten about twenty different types of meat and fish there including barbecued chicken hearts, kangaroo, oysters not to mention the biggest, juiciest steaks I've ever tasted. Think the whole meal came to about a tenner!

In fact, it's still there if anyone's venturing over there: http://www.ambi.cz/ambi_brasiliero_eng.php

Went to a cracking churrascaria in Prague - must've eaten about twenty different types of meat and fish there including barbecued chicken hearts, kangaroo, oysters not to mention the biggest, juiciest steaks I've ever tasted. Think the whole meal came to about a tenner!

In fact, it's still there if anyone's venturing over there: http://www.ambi.cz/ambi_brasiliero_eng.php

mmmmmmmmmmmmm can't get a good bit kangaroo over here (or at least not that I've found.

Archived