The Execution of Gary Glitter - C4

Scotland

A rather odd piece of film making. Didn't really seem to have any agenda at all and trusted the viewer to make their own mind up. But at the same time didn't seem to ask any question or have a point.

Sergio Garcia
A rather odd piece of film making. Didn't really seem to have any agenda at all and trusted the viewer to make their own mind up. But at the same time didn't seem to ask any question or have a point.

Exactly what i thought of it

this_is_my_story

It did ask a question, that much was glaringly obvious.

Not trying to be awkward here, but the fact that you've stated that the programme 'trusted the viewer to make their own mind up' would indicate that you did indeed think that a question was asked.

It did ask a question, that much was glaringly obvious.

Not trying to be awkward here, but the fact that you've stated that the programme 'trusted the viewer to make their own mind up' would indicate that you did indeed think that a question was asked.

I'm presuming you meant it asked the question "is the death penalty justified?"

I didn't see that in the writing or direction. It was more like a dramatic piece of fiction that was a preamble to a televised debate.

Bloody good performance though by the Scottish actor playing Glitter.

this_is_my_story
I'm presuming you meant it asked the question "is the death penalty justified?"

I didn't see that in the writing or direction. It was more like a dramatic piece of fiction that was a preamble to a televised debate.

Bloody good performance though by the Scottish actor playing Glitter.

You presume correctly!

I really don't see where any viewer could fail to see that, whether it be in the writing or direction as you say. It was blindingly obvious that this broadcast intended to provoke debate on the issue of capital punishment.

For what it's worth, I don't agree with capital punishment.

Mahatma Ghandi:

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

I had sympathy for 'Gary Glitter' when he cried and squirmed in fear when he looked on to the noose. This is why I am against capital punishment because people like him don't deserve sympathy.

More liberal garbage from Channel Four - once again trying to make people feel guilty for wanting to see the perpetrators of heinous crime punished.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I watched it and I quite enjoyed seeing Gary Glitter dying.

It was an interesting film.

Pretty poor piece from Brooker, to be fair.

The article rips the programme for the sake of it, with no constructive criticism at all.

I disagree.

I think Brooker's piece treats the programme with the contempt it deserves!

Chad Sexington
I disagree.

I think Brooker's piece treats the programme with the contempt it deserves!

Correct.

It was a terrible programme, serving no purpose whatsoever, that Brooker quite rightly savaged.

Archived