SKY SPORTS - VIRGIN MEDIA

jambolass1000

jambolass1000

When I sit and watch Sky Sports, and in particular a football match, sometimes it looks as if the players are on fast forward and then it will continue as normal - does anyone know what would be causing this? I have checked the scart from the virgin set top box and everything looks secure.

When I sit and watch Sky Sports, and in particular a football match, sometimes it looks as if the players are on fast forward and then it will continue as normal - does anyone know what would be causing this? I have checked the scart from the virgin set top box and everything looks secure.

mybe the players are running one minute then walking the next

jambolass1000
are customer services @ Virgin Media closed today?

i thought it would be more of a scart cable problem than actually virgin media but thanks for your help!:hang:

i thought it would be more of a scart cable problem than actually virgin media but thanks for your help!:hang:

give them a call, won't do any harm to get their advice

If its a problem with it speeding up then being normal, it's not gonna be the scart as that only carries the signal leaves the box. More likely a problem with the signal going to the box or the box itself, try a reset, leave it off for a wee bit and see if it helps. If not just give them a quick bell.

I can't find my TV remote control.

Does anyone know where it is?

Have a look for mine too while your looking, not seen it in about a year.

jambolass1000
Most likely your refresh rate on your telly doing it. I assume you've got a LCD/Plasma?

yes its an LCD tv

How do I fix the refresh rate?

You can't basically.

LCD's problem is that their slower refresh rates and response times leave them susceptible to motion blur with fast-motion content. You tend to notice this more with standard definition.

If I mind right the higher the Hz, the better this should be, but even thats questionable according to online reviews. Mine's is 100Hz, whereas the old dears isn't. Even people walking into a room move fast on hers.

The more you watch the less likely you'll notice it as your eyes will adjust or maybe my eyes are just getting worse.

:smiley2:

Archived