ROBBOS

winston churchill

Guest juvehearts
Best boozer?

Correct money only straight after the game (they only had 105 minutes to sort that)

No beers in fridges straight after the game

2 half wit lassies serving who looked clueless and spent more time argueing than serving.

If the above is what makes a decent pub then i must be going wrong somewhere.

youre not a local so what do you know:qqb017::qqb017::qqb017::qqb017:

facts are they chewed their way threw ?500 worth of change in the space of 4 hrs.

everyone went to the game, the pub was still FULL!!!

the place nearly ran out of beer.... anyone remember bordaeux, or westfield before the pre season friendly 2 years ago?

like i said, still the best pub on match day. FACT.

the lassies, were argueing because they were stressed. name a women under pressure that cannae get stressed easy??

exatcally.

juve

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest juvehearts
I dont like the boozer, dont like a certain element of people who frequent it on match days as invariably these are the people who i cant stand when they get into the ground and start spouting the usual crap.

However i know not to go there because that is where the majority of them go so for me its a good thing that its open as it means going to the other boozers doesnt have that element in it.

What i would say is that the cops will take a dim view on this if it persists in requiring the bar staff to call the cops and have the bar closed.

I suggest the owner needs to think long and hard about the type of bar he wants and the staff needs to be hired accordingly.

If your going to own a bar with sectarian singing and a rougher element then you have to have staff that can deal with that or change the whole boozer.

OH FFS know the facts 1st before spouting pish pal eh.

a lot of roumers.

do you know exactcally what happened on sat nite??

coz i was there

The fact that there were queues of people at various times yesterday trying to get in to the pub, proves that the demand is there

If people are actually queing to get into Robbo's Bar maybe there is an unfullfilled opening in the market for sectarian themed pubs.

jambojackbilly

Robbo's is sound

If i didn't like a pub or the punters in it i would not go in, no big deal, find one that you do like

The vast majority of regulars in Robbo's ( now and again for me ) go to most if not all the games, if thats what they sing on match day, no problem with me or my mates who were in on Saturday

Most posters who are whining like little girls on here about Robbo's should pop in and experience the unique atmosphere :th_o:

First time i have been in there for few seasons and walked out after waiting to get served for 1/2 hour, yip it was busy but I guess you need to be a regular to be allowed to order a drink. Left the pub after it becoming the chance of being served were pretty much nil. Stood outside chatting to mates who talked me back in and they went to bar for me. Later on ventured to bar again took about 15 mins to get served got a glass covered in lipstick so asked for clean glass then when got back to the crew realised the drinks were wrong.

had a great time with the folks I was with but the pub is the worst run place Ive been in for a long time (and I have worked behind many a bar).

was an absolute joke when it got closed because of a couple of girls fighting, and they werent full on scrapping in the pub one dragged the other outside. To get the police in for that was unreal and then getting told we had to leave then told no we dont then a minute later yeah we do :arghh::wacko2: still had great night but dont think I have the patience to wait to get a drink in there and the staff need some kind of training in bar skills.

Robbo's is sound

If i didn't like a pub or the punters in it i would not go in, no big deal, find one that you do like

The vast majority of regulars in Robbo's ( now and again for me ) go to most if not all the games, if thats what they sing on match day, no problem with me or my mates who were in on Saturday

Most posters who are whining like little girls on here about Robbo's should pop in and experience the unique atmosphere :th_o:

I think you answered your last point in your first one. :cool_shades:

andfultons baggio

there were some hibs casuals-about 10- being held by police directly opposite Robbos shortly after the game on Sat. Could tell they were hobos by the large space between their eyes!!! Shoe size bigger than IQs! they looked really hard tho!!!!!!

need to weed the bigots out of that place.

Are you admitting to drinking there now?

Seeing as it's been proven that you're small minded and bigotted.

Robbo's was heaving though everyone i noticed seemed quite content :smiley2:

I enjoyed the occasional sing sing :smiley2:

The pre-game service was shocking though Billy. I actually got to the game before kick off for once as I got hacked off with the bar staff's efforts. Excellent vocal performance by the Robbo's Traditional Choir however. :2thumbsup:

Guest jambomickey
Are you admitting to drinking there now?

Seeing as it's been proven that you're small minded and bigotted.

sorry? what you on about?

Guest jambomickey
The pre-game service was shocking though Billy. I actually got to the game before kick off for once as I got hacked off with the bar staff's efforts. Excellent vocal performance by the Robbo's Traditional Choir however. :2thumbsup:

which songs were the choir singing that were excellent?

sorry? what you on about?

A previous thread about a Northern Ireland flag at the Derby, in which you proved that you are unable to grasp that not every Hearts fan was born in Edinburgh, nor that not everybody connected with Ulster is a Rangers supporter.

Hello hello we are the Gorgie boys

Hello hello you'll know us by our noise

We love to cuddle everyone

Cos we are friendly fans

Yes we are the Gorgie chummy boys.

Guest jambomickey
A previous thread about a Northern Ireland flag at the Derby, in which you proved that you are unable to grasp that not every Hearts fan was born in Edinburgh, nor that not everybody connected with Ulster is a Rangers supporter.

you know that is rubbish, the lad with the said rag at the derby i see at almost every game and i know which bus he travels on to away games! he a born and bred scot and you know that.

Guest jambomickey
Hello hello we are the Gorgie boys

Hello hello you'll know us by our noise

We love to cuddle everyone

Cos we are friendly fans

Yes we are the Gorgie chummy boys.

aye very good! you know fine well what was being sung and very little of it was to do with hearts.

We're not mental we're insane

We spread happiness at the football game

Mince around the terracing

We are the Gorgie happy boys

Guest jambomickey
We're not mental we're insane

We spread happiness at the football game

Mince around the terracing

We are the Gorgie happy boys

try again.:smiley2:

Could you go a shake of the hand

We are friendly fans

We are friendly fans

My brother football supporter

My fellow fan

Guest jambomickey

We are friendly fans

We are friendly fans

My brother football supporter

My fellow fan

the ongs i think you refer to are, rule brittanis, god save the queen, the, sash, oh edinburgh is wonderfull, songs about scott browns sister.

you know that is rubbish, the lad with the said rag at the derby i see at almost every game and i know which bus he travels on to away games! he a born and bred scot and you know that.

Why would I know that?

I don't scrabble about on Kickback, looking for people to go to the football with.

Guest jambomickey
Why would I know that?

I don't scrabble about on Kickback, looking for people to go to the football with.

who does that?

Last I checked, Rule Brittania was a song about being proud to be British.

So, by your reckoning, everyone who is proud to be British is a Rangers supporter.

What a small minded view.

the ongs i think you refer to are, rule brittanis, god save the queen, the, sash, oh edinburgh is wonderfull, songs about scott browns sister.

Songs 1, 2, 3 and 5 are perfectly legal albeit the last mentioned is extremely distasteful.

PresidentRomanov

The last two weren't sung in Robbos before the Hibs game, you're maybe getting mixed up with your good friends who support Rangers FC, and travel to Belfast every July for the orange walks :smiley2:

Guest jambomickey
The last two weren't sung in Robbos before the Hibs game, you're maybe getting mixed up with your good friends who support Rangers FC, and travel to Belfast every July for the orange walks :smiley2:

oh yes they were.

Guest jambomickey
Songs 1, 2, 3 and 5 are perfectly legal albeit the last mentioned is extremely distasteful.

what do they have to do with following hearts?

Guest jambomickey
Last I checked, Rule Brittania was a song about being proud to be British.

So, by your reckoning, everyone who is proud to be British is a Rangers supporter.

What a small minded view.

not at all.

PresidentRomanov
oh yes they were.

No they weren't, I was in there from half nine until quarter past twelve.

mickey my mothers side of the family originally come from N.Ireland only going back a couple of generations, have some bloody respect before you start calling the flag they were born under a rag! for all you know the guy in question is in a similar boat to me but embraces his heritage, there are some who associate themselves to more N.Ireland for less than noble reasons but not all and certainly not enough to allow you to disrespect the whole country.

Miller Jambo 60
mickey my mothers side of the family originally come from N.Ireland only going back a couple of generations, have some bloody respect before you start calling the flag they were born under a rag! for all you know the guy in question is in a similar boat to me but embraces his heritage, there are some who associate themselves to more N.Ireland for less than noble reasons but not all and certainly not enough to allow you to disrespect the whole country.

Really makes me laugh when people go on about banning union flags etc, dont sing songs that might upset people.

Maybe said people should be following another Edinburgh club.

Doug.

mulleted_jambo

In that case...

I have irish family would people have any problems with me bringing an irish flag to the games to embrace my heratige??

In that case...

I have irish family would people have any problems with me bringing an irish flag to the games to embrace my heratige??

Yes.

Anybody who is not Scottish is not allowed to embrace their heritage, in case someone gets offended.

scottish_chicP
Yes.

Anybody who is not Scottish is not allowed to embrace their heritage, in case someone gets offended.

Is there any need to embrace your heritage at a football game? Surely the only colours should really be that of the club itself? I know so many will argue with me but that is my view. :curtain:

I could only count 4 songs listed.... and if 2 & 5 are perfectly legal then i want tried under your court of law! :th_o:

I could only count 4 songs listed.... and if 2 & 5 are perfectly legal then i want tried under your court of law! :th_o:

:hang:

I suggest you check your "facts" carefully - in terms of both arithmetic and legality - before you engage me in debate. Thanks for your future cooperation in this matter. :smiley2:

:hang:

I suggest you check your "facts" carefully - in terms of both arithmetic and legality - before you engage me in debate. Thanks for your future cooperation in this matter. :smiley2:

No debate here was a simple statement.

you know my feelings on you and your "mob" just a shame that your suspensions were not forever.

No debate here was a simple statement.

you know my feelings on you and your "mob" just a shame that your suspensions were not forever.

My "mob". That's a belter. :10900: :10900: :10900: :10900: :10900:

Anyway back to the point of the thread ill be back in Robbos this weekend as i am every home game.

its's not to everyones taste but is one of the best pre-match boozers in Gorgie.

would be even better if a couple of the punters were well punted out the door.:th_o:

Is there any need to embrace your heritage at a football game? Surely the only colours should really be that of the club itself? I know so many will argue with me but that is my view. :curtain:

I've never brought my national flag to a Hearts game, nor do I have any desire to. But if somebody wants to bring a Scotland flag, RHoU or a Japanese flag to a game with them, that's their choice.

I P Knightley

At the risk of being tarred with the 'lapdog' brush, I feel compelled to point out that song #2 in the list is God Save the Queen.

It's only in the future that Richard Littlejohn fears where that little ditty would be anything other than perfectly legal.

An appalling dirge, undoubtedly, with little or no relevance to HMFC but not one to be particularly offended by.

I P Knightley
I've never brought my national flag to a Hearts game, nor do I have any desire to. But if somebody wants to bring a Scotland flag, RHoU or a Japanese flag to a game with them, that's their choice.

Stay off the vindaloos on the night before the match.

mulleted_jambo

I totally agree, other than if one of players is another natonality and you take their flag.

I was just making a point that I would get dogs abuse if I took an Irish flag to a game. I never would by the way just thought I'd point that out.:curtain:

At the risk of being tarred with the 'lapdog' brush, I feel compelled to point out that song #2 in the list is God Save the Queen.

Good boy Ivan. Now go and lie in your basket and I'll take you for a walk later. :10900:

scottish_chicP
I totally agree, other than if one of players is another natonality and you take their flag.

I was just making a point that I would get dogs abuse if I took an Irish flag to a game. I never would by the way just thought I'd point that out.:curtain:

Yeah thats ok I got that :2thumbsup:

In that case...

personally no, take whatever you want but I don't want to get into a flag debate

my problem with mickey was his view on N.Ireland that gives the impression everybody from over there is a bigot and maybe I was being a little facetious in regards to the embracing culture who is mickey to say otherwise, his view could be considered sectarian in a way

I agree with chicp though, when I go to games im not scottish british or even martian, im a jambo

Creepy Lurker

It's strange that Robbo's seems to have acquired this mythical status. I drink in there from time to time, it's really nothing that special. Just a smelly wee room, to be fair, albeit with a bit more atmosphere than the other pubs in the Gorgie area.

Guest jambomickey
No they weren't, I was in there from half nine until quarter past twelve.

ah well i must have been hearing things then!!!!!!!!!:qqb017:

Archived