ROBBOS

winston churchill

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
need to weed the bigots out of that place.

I would disagree, not all are bigots, though a large number are. But they keep it confined to the pub, most of them, and folk going there know many like that do drink there.

As long as they do not behave like Old Firm fans at Tynecastle, then I have no problem.

winston churchill

they came in and had a walk around and left.

they came back a bit later and emptied the place.

pity as me and the mate just went up to do simply the best on the karaoke.

would you like to review that statement mickey, based on the evidence of someone who appears to actually have been there or has some knowledge of the reason for the closure?

see below.

a bitch slap between 2 girls led to numerous police coming in and closing it.

mickey I was in there before the game yesterday, some of the songs were not to my taste, simple solution was to only sing the songs that were

in addition I have seen you on previous threads defending guys accused at away games singing some of the songs being sung in robbo's your defence being they seem decent enough guys, do you have a personal gripe with some of the folk in there

Tiberius Stinkfinger
would you like to review that statement mickey, based on the evidence of someone who appears to actually have been there or has some knowledge of the reason for the closure?

What other bird where you scrapping with Vic ???

:10900: How many bites are you going for, Yah Hun Bassa?? :stuart:

Guest jambomickey

see below.

no, i heard the songs pre match with my own ears.

What other bird where you scrapping with Vic ???

i had to leave earlier than planned due to being forced to drink a jack & coke which contained about 7 measures of jack in it. some maniac bought it for me.

here's jambo the dug steaming in to weed out the bigots later that night...

rangers10_wideweb__470x301,0.jpg

Yep nowt to do with bigot like behaviour. Just 2 lassies having a scuffle.

The Bar Staff are shocking though. Totally lost it. Police had apparently told them to close the doors as some Fibs casuals were heading to the pub...me thinks this was bollox...so you were locked in. No going for a fag or out to use your phone. Then they said it was because the needed to restock the bar. Next thing the 2 females go at it and they call the polis. Then we're told the pubs shut, then we're told no it's not, then she loses the plot again and closes it down.

A) Staff the bar accordingly before hand. Surely to god they knew what was coming?

B) Decent bar staff should be able to handle some handbags between lassies (that lot couldn't handle clearing glasses or serving)

C) Keep control of your pub. Firm hand and a bit of common sense FFS.

a bitch slap between 2 girls led to numerous police coming in and closing it.

I dont think you'll find any police inspector in the whole of the UK (only Inspectors and above can order such a thing) who would close an entire pub down on the grounds that two females had a bitch slapping contest. Why not simply eject the two females responsible or have the bouncing staff do it ?

If the licensee cant handle two females fighting in his premises, especially when he's got security on the door he's left himself wide open to being removed.

The fact is, as everyone knows, that this particular pub has a major public order history going back many years which has never been effectively dealt with by any of the licensee's there. If the police have felt the need to close it then it the reason will be on record, and it wont be because two girls had a slap at each other. It also wont be very long before the solution of shutting the pub is a more permanent one

no, i heard the songs pre match with my own ears.

how ghastly. you must have given the miscreants a piece of your mind.

I dont think you'll find any police inspector in the whole of the UK (only Inspectors and above can order such a thing) who would close an entire pub down on the grounds that two females had a bitch slapping contest. Why not simply eject the two females responsible or have the bouncing staff do it ?

If the licensee cant handle two females fighting in his premises, especially when he's got security on the door he's left himself wide open to being removed.

The fact is, as everyone knows, that this particular pub has a major public order history going back many years which has never been effectively dealt with by any of the licensee's there. If the police have felt the need to close it then it the reason will be on record, and it wont be because two girls had a slap at each other. It also wont be very long before the solution of shutting the pub is a more permanent one

OAG it was actually a CI that appeared last night but the police were actually happy to let the place remain open. They did a few walk rounds and asked a few to leave but did say they were happy for the rest to remain. The staff decided to close it and asked the police to help them clear it out and move people on. I spoke to one of the cops (I know him) and it was him that said this. The staff didn't have a clue how to handle things. And there was no need to eject the lassies as they pretty much headed straight out the door while fighting anyway!

You make valid points though about the failings of licensees to handle things and the historical nature of that.

Yep nowt to do with bigot like behaviour. Just 2 lassies having a scuffle.

The Bar Staff are shocking though. Totally lost it. Police had apparently told them to close the doors as some Fibs casuals were heading to the pub...me thinks this was bollox...so you were locked in. No going for a fag or out to use your phone. Then they said it was because the needed to restock the bar. Next thing the 2 females go at it and they call the polis. Then we're told the pubs shut, then we're told no it's not, then she loses the plot again and closes it down.

A) Staff the bar accordingly before hand. Surely to god they knew what was coming?

B) Decent bar staff should be able to handle some handbags between lassies (that lot couldn't handle clearing glasses or serving)

C) Keep control of your pub. Firm hand and a bit of common sense FFS.

I was not there, but As you will saee from py previous post, I do not have a problem with the folk who drink there. I know folk who do, and have drunk there a few tiems myself.

I have often found the bar staff poor though. The staff at Stratties are far better - you get served quicker, you give them ****, they give it back, and if you carry it on, they turf you out - no need to go running to the cops.

how ghastly. you must have given the miscreants a piece of your mind.

The guy's told you what he heard FFS. He cant be expected to sort it out can he ?

The fact is that sectarian singing was heard coming from that pub both before and after the match. I also heard it. The fact is that the pub required policing for most of the day by the presence of several police officers who no doubt could have been better employed elsewhere in the city. The fact is that the pub is a haven for bigots and casuals, as well as a no doubt decent crowd who would far rather it was absent of both of those types. The fact also appears to be that the situation in the pub got to the stage where it was either impacting on public order to the extent that an Inspector ordered its closure or, more likely IMO, the licensee could no longer handle what had been going on in the pub for most of the day and asked the police for assistance to clear it.

The guy's told you what he heard FFS. He cant be expected to sort it out can he ?

The fact is that sectarian singing was heard coming from that pub both before and after the match. I also heard it. The fact is that the pub required policing for most of the day by the presence of several police officers who no doubt could have been better employed elsewhere in the city. The fact is that the pub is a haven for bigots and casuals, as well as a no doubt decent crowd who would far rather it was absent of both of those types. The fact also appears to be that the situation in the pub got to the stage where it was either impacting on public order to the extent that an Inspector ordered its closure or, more likely IMO, the licensee could no longer handle what had been going on in the pub for most of the day and asked the police for assistance to clear it.

the pub is an utter shambles, i started a thread on the subject myself. god only knows who's running it but it's a farce of a pub now.

i have no idea why it was closed and i don't particularly care. the fact that there was sectarian singing in the place is unfortunate but it's hardly new. at the end of the day though it's not the pub that makes these people sing sectarian songs, it's the fact that they want to sing sectarian songs.

what do people expect from a boozer with a reputation for people singing sectarian songs? if they are so outraged at hearing it then you would think they would have the brains to like... not go there in the first place.

the pub is an utter shambles, i started a thread on the subject myself. god only knows who's running it but it's a farce of a pub now.

i have no idea why it was closed and i don't particularly care. the fact that there was sectarian singing in the place is unfortunate but it's hardly new. at the end of the day though it's not the pub that makes these people sing sectarian songs, it's the fact that they want to sing sectarian songs.

what do people expect from a boozer with a reputation for people singing sectarian songs? if they are so outraged at hearing it then you would think they would have the brains to like... not go there in the first place.

There's probably a whole raft of guys who wont use the pub because of the

crowd that go there (and its not all of them but enough to make it a no go area for a lot of people) I think you know what your getting when you go to that pub and if it doesnt bother or offend you thats fine. However, sectarian behaviour is covered by various acts of law and if its going on publicy in a bar the police wont tolerate it, even if all the punters in the pub are comfortable with it

The licensee is directly and legally responible for what goes on in the pub, whether or not he permits it, encourages it or simply turns a blind eye to it to keep the till rattling.

You'd have to be a bloody strong licensee with a bit of moral fortitude to sort the pub out and remove the element who bring it down. Clearly the licensee thats in there just now hasnt got to grips with that as yet.

One things for sure, the police wont tolerate, in this day and age, a pub which is a haven for what was going on there yesterday and if it cant police itself then it'll be done for them and the most effective way of the police doing that, if the licensee cant or wont, is for them to shut it down.

That pub should always be full on match days from opening time until well into the night after the game. There is no need for the element that go there to be tolerated, risking the very existence of the pub, because their places would soon be taken by people who can have a pre and post match drink without putting the existence of the pub at threat. The fact that there were queues of people at various times yesterday trying to get in to the pub, proves that the demand is there, not least because its so convenient to roll in and out of before and after the game.

There's probably a whole raft of guys who wont use the pub because of the

crowd that go there (and its not all of them but enough to make it a no go area for a lot of people) I think you know what your getting when you go to that pub and if it doesnt bother or offend you thats fine. However, sectarian behaviour is covered by various acts of law and if its going on publicy in a bar the police wont tolerate it, even if all the punters in the pub are comfortable with it

The licensee is directly and legally responible for what goes on in the pub, whether or not he permits it, encourages it or simply turns a blind eye to it to keep the till rattling.

You'd have to be a bloody strong licensee with a bit of moral fortitude to sort the pub out and remove the element who bring it down. Clearly the licensee thats in there just now hasnt got to grips with that as yet.

One things for sure, the police wont tolerate, in this day and age, a pub which is a haven for what was going on there yesterday and if it cant police itself then it'll be done for them and the most effective way of the police doing that, if the licensee cant or wont, is for them to shut it down.

That pub should always be full on match days from opening time until well into the night after the game. There is no need for the element that go there to be tolerated, risking the very existence of the pub, because their places would soon be taken by people who can have a pre and post match drink without putting the existence of the pub at threat. The fact that there were queues of people at various times yesterday trying to get in to the pub, proves that the demand is there, not least because its so convenient to roll in and out of before and after the game.

well if it continues to be run like it was yesterday then it wont be worth frequenting anyway. i couldn't care less what people sing or shout in the place because i don't see the need to operate a 'see no evil - hear no evil' policy on my life. i'm fully aware of the beliefs and behaviour of people and getting offended by it isn't going to change the world.

absolute shan boozer though. a ruination of a once decent pub.

Guest juvehearts
well if it continues to be run like it was yesterday then it wont be worth frequenting anyway. i couldn't care less what people sing or shout in the place because i don't see the need to operate a 'see no evil - hear no evil' policy on my life. i'm fully aware of the beliefs and behaviour of people and getting offended by it isn't going to change the world.

absolute shan boozer though. a ruination of a once decent pub.

correct.

but its my local, i was drinking in there before any of the biggots ect ever used it.

end of the day, if youre not happy with the pub, simpally dont come in, pleanty of different options.

its all fair & well comming on here & having a rant, still not going to change the fact that its still the best boozer to be on a matchday.

correct.

but its my local, i was drinking in there before any of the biggots ect ever used it.

end of the day, if youre not happy with the pub, simpally dont come in, pleanty of different options.

its all fair & well comming on here & having a rant, still not going to change the fact that its still the best boozer to be on a matchday.

Yeh but its not as simple as "If you dont like it dont come in" is it ?

There arent any other pubs in the area I'm aware of that needed two police on horseback, at least a dozen officers outside it and a van load of kitted up public order police "hiding" in a lane nearby in case it kicked off.

If it needs that much policing because of some of the crowd being tolerated in the pub then its not going to be allowed to stay open, even for the decent guys who arent particularly bothered by what goes on there.

There was an opportunity there to turn the place into a decent pre and post-match pub. An opportunity that doesnt seem to have been taken by the management who no doubt are now going to come under close scrutiny by the police and will be lucky to survive long unless they sweep the pub clean of the problem it still has.

Guest juvehearts
Yeh but its not as simple as "If you dont like it dont come in" is it ?

There arent any other pubs in the area I'm aware of that needed two police on horseback, at least a dozen officers outside it and a van load of kitted up public order police "hiding" in a lane nearby in case it kicked off.

If it needs that much policing because of some of the crowd being tolerated in the pub then its not going to be allowed to stay open, even for the decent guys who arent particularly bothered by what goes on there.

There was an opportunity there to turn the place into a decent pre and post-match pub. An opportunity that doesnt seem to have been taken by the management who no doubt are now going to come under close scrutiny by the police and will be lucky to survive long unless they sweep the pub clean of the problem it still has.

we never asked the police to be there.

there presance does seem to prevoke people in to doing weird & wondeful stuff to either gain attentsion or make a c u next tuesday of themselfs.

whatever the reason, its going to be the same pub it always has been ever since the wheatshief shut down - Now there was a good boozer.

this_is_my_story

Not having a float of change and requesting that punters pay for drinks with the right money... Offering different reasons for the pub having to close (one of which has effectively been proved as a fib by a post on this thread)... Asking the polis to help them clear the pub and shut up shop again...

Call me cynical, but it seems that the staff couldn't handle having such a bugger of a day and being understaffed - and coudn't wait to empty the place (or at least stop the number of punters swelling) so they could have an easier day.

there's a story doing the rounds that.

the guy who had the balmoral is taking over.

Yeah, I had heard that was doing the rounds actually before it reopened as it is now. It it correct that its a couple of guys from Glasgow that have it now and just put in a management team to run it and very hastily reopened it before the recent licensing laws change. I havent a scooby what the law changes would have meant if it hadnt reopened before then but I believe that there was some reason for it reopening before it was really ready to. As I say, just a rumour but it did come from within the trade but you know what thats like:th_o:

The "guy" who had the Balmoral is a woman called karen. Her husband Brain just worked there.

Miller Jambo 60
The "guy" who had the Balmoral is a woman called karen. Her husband Brain just worked there.

An intelligent guy by the sounds of it:smiley2:

Doug.

An intelligent guy by the sounds of it:smiley2:

Doug.

Yep - a real bright spark, by certain accounts. :sterb032::devil-smiley-029::policeman::detective::uhoh2: (Allegedly...)

jambojackbilly

Robbo's was heaving though everyone i noticed seemed quite content :smiley2:

I enjoyed the occasional sing sing :smiley2:

Robbo's was heaving though everyone i noticed seemed quite content :smiley2:

I enjoyed the occasional sing sing :smiley2:

Here's me thinking you were a liberal intellectual as well.... :th_o:

jambojackbilly
People who drink in Robbos are the most disgusting dregs of society. FACT.

Fair play to your honesty, so what makes you enjoy the pub to frequent it so much ??:smiley2:

Robbos really is a shambles this year. We're changing pre match boozer now as re-runs of of foreign football and waiting 30 minutes for a beer is not really what we're after.

I would pay to see that. :10900:

correct.

Best boozer?

Correct money only straight after the game (they only had 105 minutes to sort that)

No beers in fridges straight after the game

2 half wit lassies serving who looked clueless and spent more time argueing than serving.

If the above is what makes a decent pub then i must be going wrong somewhere.

I think its dissapointing that so many people are quick to defend sectarian signing. To call it 'unfortunate' and say that if you don't like it go somewhere else doesn't make it right does it?

If you want to sign Rule Britania, UVF songs and the sash, go to Ibrox and join in with all the **** over there. Stop Dragging the reputation of Hearts into the gutter.

I think its dissapointing that so many people are quick to defend sectarian signing. To call it 'unfortunate' and say that if you don't like it go somewhere else doesn't make it right does it?

If you want to sign Rule Britania, UVF songs and the sash, go to Ibrox and join in with all the **** over there. Stop Dragging the reputation of Hearts into the gutter.

you're obviously not the brightest there so i will keep this brief.

i suggest you wind your neck in.

cheers.

you're obviously not the brightest there so i will keep this brief.

i suggest you wind your neck in.

cheers.

Aye feelings mutual

I dont like the boozer, dont like a certain element of people who frequent it on match days as invariably these are the people who i cant stand when they get into the ground and start spouting the usual crap.

However i know not to go there because that is where the majority of them go so for me its a good thing that its open as it means going to the other boozers doesnt have that element in it.

What i would say is that the cops will take a dim view on this if it persists in requiring the bar staff to call the cops and have the bar closed.

I suggest the owner needs to think long and hard about the type of bar he wants and the staff needs to be hired accordingly.

If your going to own a bar with sectarian singing and a rougher element then you have to have staff that can deal with that or change the whole boozer.

Archived