Electric Circus - any good ?

jambovambo

The old Mercado / Buster Brown's (if you go back far enough) ...

I'm asking from a band's point of view ... not totty quality / bar prices etc ...

You mean playing or watching?

They do a lot of free entry music nights, it might be worth popping aloing to one to see for yourself.

When I've been in there's been a couple of couches and a coffee table in front of the stage, I'm not sure if they change that when their are bigger acts or more lively acts on (been in twice for an acoustic night and for Friday night bandaoke).

InNothingWeTrust

I was there last night for Carrie Mac's album launch. They play films across a set of screens behind the band. My mate played ther last month and was playing in front of the rape scene in Clockwork Orange. Very amusing as the band don't have a clue what people are laughing at.

Yeah it's a good venue. Not been for a night out there, but it seems a fairly pricey place. They have 10 kareoke rooms that you can rent out for ?7 per person per hour.

I was there last night as well. We were charged ?4.50 for 3 pints, then just over ?6 for spirits and mixers.

InNothingWeTrust
I was there last night as well. We were charged ?4.50 for 3 pints, then just over ?6 for spirits and mixers.

I'm fairly sure that was just a special offer as part of the album launch. I've been there a couple of times before and I think it was about ?2.80 for a Tennants or Foster's (i.e. the cheapest). The prices are reasonable for a city centre bar.

We, of course, took full advantage of this offer before staggering off to Picture House!

Saw the Phantom Band in there a couple of months back, and was most impressed with the sound. Stage was a bit small for the six of them, but a good venue nonetheless.

Archived