This is the type of manager/coach Vlad needs for his vision on youth to work

vegas-voss

Charlie-Brown

John McGlynn remains on very friendly terms with the riccarton staff & continues to loan & recruit a number of Hearts youth & ex-youth players. He would be the preferred choice and a good fit with the existing club staff if Csaba can't produce the necessary improvements. Also very used to working within budgetary constraints.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John McGlynn remains on very friendly terms with the riccarton staff & continues to loan & recruit a number of Hearts youth & ex-youth players. He would be the preferred choice and a good fit with the existing club staff if Csaba can't produce the necessary improvements. Also very used to working within budgetary constraints.

And would be another Vlad puppet!

If the chance came up for McGlynn, you would think it would be too big a job to refuse.

My own opinion is McGlynn would be better continuing his good work at Raith for another 18 months or so.

Fair points. I guess it's a bit about expectations. I was really frustated a couple of years back, but I knew before this season started we were going to struggle as we'd replaced quality with kids/freebies, so I knew I was expecting inconsitant results this year.

On that basis, we're doing a bit worse than I expected, but not much. We sold our best players, and we didn't replace them with equal quality, and we didn't buy the one thing we needed, a striker.

Not sure thats necessarily completely true. Jose has been one of our better performers, and at the young age of 24 is one of our more experienced players.

Thomsons inexperience perhaps contributed to the goal at the weekend.

Point taken about Jose and i agree the guy has been superb,guess what i was meaning was the youngest playersi;e Thomson,novikovas,Glen.

Csaba did spend ?200,000 on a Goalkeeper that i feel we didn't really need and tbf how many chairman allowed their managers to go out and bring in 7 players?. during this current climate.

Drylaw Hearts
If the chance came up for McGlynn, you would think it would be too big a job to refuse.

My own opinion is McGlynn would be better continuing his good work at Raith for another 18 months or so.

Yep.

Although he may make a decent No.2 to someone more experienced.

Yep.

Maybe.

After becoming how own man though, with a reputation that is on the up - would question why he would want to revert back to the old school.

I quite like the guy and look out for how Raith do - his time might come in the future but think its maybe a little too early for the jump.

Maybe.

After becoming how own man though, with a reputation that is on the up - would question why he would want to revert back to the old school.

I quite like the guy and look out for how Raith do - his time might come in the future but think its maybe a little too early for the jump.

You sound like Csaba going on about waiting till the future and saying it's too early for people to step up!

Agree.

Csaba is holding the youths back and I hate myself for even thinking this but a doing this weekend might see him go.

On reflection that is plain stupid as I hate the vermin but that's how fed up I am with him at the moment.

I feel sick. :43:

That pretty much sums up my thought at the moment too.

Surely with all this moaning about our budget etc he could of gone with a team like

McDonald (saved money on Balogh and or Kello)

Thomson

Jonsson/McGowan

Zaliukas/Jose (save money on Kurcharski and Bouzid)

Wallace

Driver

Templeton/Obua (save money on Suso)

Stewart

Ruben

Black

(sign a striker here with funds that were used as above or heck maybe even drop a midfielder and go 442 with Nade and Glen or Smith and Glen)

**** off Csaba is how I feel at the moment :(

You never know thought maybe we will see a change in fortune and we will win the weekend and Csaba will change his tactics and personel. . . . .

You sound like Csaba going on about waiting till the future and saying it's too early for people to step up!

Think most people would agree that McGlynn taking the Hearts gig would be a huge step up with it being maybe a couple of years too early.

TBH, think a lot of people are clutching at straws atm with either the name of a new manager or "throwing the kids in on Saturday"

Think most people would agree that McGlynn taking the Hearts gig would be a huge step up with it being maybe a couple of years too early.

TBH, think a lot of people are clutching at straws atm with either the name of a new manager or "throwing the kids in on Saturday"

Craig levien stepped up from Cowdenbeath to manage us without too much trouble.

Tony Mowbray done it at Hibs without any previous experience of management.

I am a great believer in the saying if you are good enough you are old enough and the same can be said with managers,that if they prove good enough at lower levels who is to say they can't do it the next level up.

We aren't talking about Mcglynn jumping from the scottish 1st to the English champ or premiership here,it is only the spl ffs.

There was a time when a Killie,Motherwell etc manager would have ran to Tynecastle to manage Hearts,now i'm not so sure.McGhee showed that.

Charlie-Brown
Yep.

McGlynn's now had as much or more managerial experience than either Levein or Robbo had when they got the Hearts job - he's also got his team promoted 1 Division higher than Levein did although Craig did start at the very bottom league - anyway doing a very good job at Raith and probably a realistic option.

Craig levien stepped up from Cowdenbeath to manage us without too much trouble.

Tony Mowbray done it at Hibs without any previous experience of management.

I am a great believer in the saying if you are good enough you are old enough and the same can be said with managers,that if they prove good enough at lower levels who is to say they can't do it the next level up.

We aren't talking about Mcglynn jumping from the scottish 1st to the English champ or premiership here,it is only the spl ffs.

Fair point. Suppose this must boil down to me wanting a manager (if Csaba is to be replaced) with more experience.

Fair point. Suppose this must boil down to me wanting a manager (if Csaba is to be replaced) with more experience.

Nothing wrong with wanting that mate,but for me if Csaba is to be replaced then i hope for an ambitious manager who wants to play exciting attacking football,someone with no fear.

Guest JamboRobbo

(sign a striker here with funds that were used as above or heck maybe even drop a midfielder and go 442 with Nade and Glen or Smith and Glen)

**** off Csaba is how I feel at the moment :(

That is all well and good, except the owner said it wasn't about funds. It was about the owner not feeling the managers choices of striker were "suitable" for Hearts. Source? The owner.

Guest JamboRobbo

Robbo or Levein had a history in football. McGlynn IIRC, has a history in plumbing.

Not to say that one or other is correct, but I think playing the game at the top level does add experiences which can be used as a manager.

Robbo or Levein had a history in football. McGlynn IIRC, has a history in plumbing.

Not to say that one or other is correct, but I think playing the game at the top level does add experiences which can be used as a manager.

Jose Mourinho,Arsene Wenger?

Charlie-Brown

McGlynn has been caretaker manager of Hearts 1st team before on a couple of occassions under Romanov & Robinson, he was a 1st team coach / assistant under both Burley & Rix and prior to that he was Hearts reserve team and youth team coach for a long time so he knows what the club is all about and also enjoys good relations with the Academy Staff John Murray & Darren Murray etc. That has to be to his advantage surely?

Guest JamboRobbo
McGlynn has been caretaker manager of Hearts 1st team before on a couple of occassions under Romanov & Robinson, he was a 1st team coach / assistant under both Burley & Rix and prior to that he was Hearts reserve team and youth team coach for a long time so he knows what the club is all about and also enjoys good relations with the Academy Staff John Murray & Darren Murray etc. That has to be to his advantage surely?

I think you just want him to come in and play all the kids.

I think putting more kids in right now would make us worse rather than better.

Only if they are worse players, which Csaba must think they are.

The team shouldn't be picked by age.

Charlie-Brown

Where did i say that? I think he would play some of the kids instead of serial let-downs like Obua & others however i think he understands Hearts youth development better than Csaba does having been involved with it for more than a decade so i do think we would be better entrusting their long term development to someone who cares about them than someone who has shown little substantial interest in them, who always wants to sign more players and hasn't shown much coherent strategy for developing our young players thus far.

Guest JamboRobbo
Only if they are worse players, which Csaba must think they are.

The team shouldn't be picked by age.

No, if you're good enough you're old enough, as an individual, but at the same time you can't stick a team of 16 years old in though, they need men round about them.

Guest JamboRobbo
Where did i say that?

In a fair lot of your posts over the past few months.

I think he would play some of the kids instead of serial let-downs like Obua & others however i think he understands Hearts youth development better than Csaba does having been involved with it for more than a decade so i do think we would be better entrusting their long term development to someone who cares about them than someone who has shown little substantial interest in them, who always wants to sign more players and hasn't shown much coherent strategy for developing our young players thus far.

See. You do want him to come in and play all the kids. :10900:

Charlie-Brown
No, if you're good enough you're old enough, as an individual, but you can't stick a team of 16 years old in though, they need men round about them.

Jim Gannon picked a team averaging more than 2 years younger than us on saturday and has done in most games this season - yes they are inconsistant but doing much better than we are in the SPL thus far and certainly more positive than we have become.

Guest JamboRobbo
Jim Gannon picked a team averaging more than 2 years younger than us on saturday and has done in most games this season - yes they are inconsistant but doing much better than we are in the SPL thus far and certainly more positive than we have become.

Gannon signed a load of youngsters from down south. He was allowed to sign the players he wanted, even strikers. Are you suggesting that letting the manager sign the players he wants is a good thing?

No, if you're good enough you're old enough, as an individual, but at the same time you can't stick a team of 16 years old in though, they need men round about them.

To be fair, I would be surprised if anyone is advocating that.

Gannon signed a load of youngsters from down south. Are you suggesting that letting the manager sign the players he wants is a good thing?

Touche.

:smiley2:

Charlie-Brown
Gannon signed a load of youngsters from down south. Are you suggesting that letting the manager sign the players he wants is a good thing?

Motherwell lost more 1st team players than Csaba did during the summer and he did sign some players he knew from his time at Stockport, he also promoted a good number of Motherwell's own young players into the 1st team and matchday squads.

I think Gannon signed players far more suitable for Motherwell & SPL football than Csaba has for Hearts.

Guest JamboRobbo
Motherwell lost more 1st team players than Csaba did during the summer and he did sign some players he knew from his time at Stockport, he also promoted a good number of Motherwell's own young players into the 1st team and matchday squads.

I think Gannon signed players far more suitable for Motherwell & SPL football than Csaba has for Hearts.

Make up any mitigating circumstances you like, fact is Gannon was given free reign to sign whoever he wanted. Are you suggesting that is a good thing?

Just saying what I've heard from two scouts, one from Hearts, one from hibs.

Certainly it would encourage him to go and find decent young players who Motherwell can sell on.

As far as Romanov is concerned, if his goal is to get players through from the academy, give the manager an incentive to play them, by cutting him in on a small percentage of the sell-on.

Cant say for sure, but I find that hard to believe.

Would imagine he scouts England at every chance as that is the market he knows very well and trusts.

Drylaw Hearts

Without doubt.

But don't you think you should mention VR too when making that statement ?

Going for John McGlynn over Craig Levein would once again show just how far we have fallen ambition wise.

Without doubt.

But don't you think you should mention VR too when making that statement ?

Romanov wouldnt have let Csaba sign players on loan from down south like Gannon has for the simple reason they have no sell on value for us. The loan game is up at HMFC now that Kaunas have gone breasts skywards.

Conveniently forgotten by his chief pom pom waving cheerleader.

Charlie-Brown
Romanov wouldnt have let Csaba sign players on loan from down south like Gannon has for the simple reason they have no sell on value for us. The loan game is up at HMFC now that Kaunas have gone breasts skywards.

Conveniently forgotten by his chief pom pom waving cheerleader.

I assume you're unaware then of Edvinas Petkus or Marius Zubovicius that came on loan from Kaunas recently? :curtain:

I assume you're unaware then of Edvinas Petkus or Marius Zubovicius that came on loan from Kaunas recently? :curtain:

Er - he said on loan from down south. Last I checked, Lithuania is to the east. Therein actually lies much of the problem with our transfer policy: one any manager will be compromised by.

I'm sure they will be superstars for us.

I'm sure they will both be supestars for us like so many of theri countrymen before them. I notice you failed to address the point that Gannon has control over who and where he signs players from unlike our own head coach.

Charlie-Brown
I'm sure they will both be supestars for us like so many of theri countrymen before them. I notice you failed to address the point that Gannon has control over who and where he signs players from unlike our own head coach.

I must of missed Csaba saying he had no control or input into the signings of Obua, Balogh, Bouzid, Suso, Black etc or any of the players we re-signed.

Footballfirst

We signed 3 on loan recently. Edvinas Petkus and Marius Zukovas joined the U19s and Marius Cinikas joined the imposters.

I must of missed Csaba saying he had no control or input into the signings of Obua, Balogh, Bouzid, Suso, Black etc or any of the players we re-signed.

Still failing to address your nonsense comment about Gannon. The FACT is that Csaba would not be allowed to sign players on loan from clubs in the UK. He has barely been allowed to bring in a British player. Your talking utter sheite.

Guest JamboRobbo

Stop avoiding the question. Do you think it's a good idea for the manager to have full control of player signings, as Gannon does?

Charlie-Brown
Still failing to address your nonsense comment about Gannon. The FACT is that Csaba would not be allowed to sign players on loan from clubs in the UK. He has barely been allowed to bring in a British player. Your talking utter sheite.

Why do we need to sign British players on loan? This would only impede our own players so what's the point in that? However you may also have missed us signing Gordon Smith from Livingston, Jordan Morton from Clyde & Colin & Jack Hamilton from Stenny, Dean Lyness from Birmingham & Billy McKenna from Blackpool but they weren't anything to do with Csaba Lazlo and the person that signed them is trusted to sign Scottish & British players and agree transfer deals for them.

Charlie-Brown
Why do we need to sign Lithuanian 3rd division players on loan?

Our club owners already own these players so in effect they are our players - they & we benefit if they make the grade at Hearts if not then they go home.

Why do we need to sign British players on loan?

So your admitting your previous comment "I think Gannon signed players far more suitable for Motherwell & SPL football than Csaba has for Hearts" was just you spouting off and talking nonsense. I'm glad thats cleared up.

Csaba is not allowed to go for the most appropriate players to improve his Hearts team. He has the financial goalposts moved on him, he has to choose or be given players from Romanovs preferred agents list and he is landed with gash strikers.

Gannon has autonomy at Motherwell and has hand picked players to come into his team without having to be concerned about sell on value or interference. He wont ever have that luxury if he were to come to Hearts.

Our club owners already own these players so in effect they are our players - they & we benefit if they make the grade at Hearts if not then they go home.

Do we benefit - or does Vlad make a nice little earner on registration fees? Do we benefit - or does it undermine any manager's autonomy in the transfer market, and hence, the chances of a good manager coming here?

Why do we need to sign British players on loan?

LOL. QED.

Charlie-Brown
So your admitting your previous comment I think Gannon signed players far more suitable for Motherwell & SPL football than Csaba has for Hearts was just you spouting off and talking nonsense. I'm glad thats cleared up.

Csaba is not allowed to go for the most appropriate players to improve his Hearts team. He has the financial goalposts moved on him, he has to choose or be given players from Romanovs preferred agents list and he is landed with gash strikers.

Gannon has autonomy at Motherwell and has hand picked players to come into his team without having to be concerned about sell on value or interference. He wont ever have that luxury if he were to come to Hearts.

Every player Motherwell signed will be on less money than the players Hearts signed or be costing Motherwell less than Everton or whoever are paying the majority of their wages - don't tell me Gannon doesn't have budget constraints or has to consider wages / value when signing players. Nemec & Namouski are quoted as saying our offers were insufficient.

LOL. QED.

Usually Charlies revisionism isnt quite so blatant, immediate and higgledy piggledy. I think he must be unwell.

Every player Motherwell signed will be on less money than the players Hearts signed or be costing Motherwell less than Everton or whoever are paying the majority of their wages - don't tell me Gannon doesn't have budget constraints or has to consider wages / value when signing players. Nemec & Namouski are quoted as saying our offers were insufficient.

In which case, we should be using the same market as Motherwell do, the same market as Dundee United do, the same market as Aberdeen do... the same market as every other non-Old Firm club. What on earth makes us so special? But because we don't (certainly not for loan players, barely for permanent signings), the chances of us bringing in suitable players for the SPL are massively reduced.

Archived