The Wii Thread

Ivan Drago

seeing as theres a PS3 one....

currently playing through Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero, Paper Mario and Umbrella Chronicles, need to get Medal of Honour Heroes and Metroid Prime 3 at some point as well...

any JKb'ers got their Wii online? Feel free to add your friend code here, mines is 2859 3109 0524 9402, only online games i've got just now is Fifa and Mario Strikers

Wii Fit comes out on April 29th.Can't wait for that 42 different games on it,anyone who thought wii sports was good is going to think this is amazing.

Me and my 3 year old currently battling our way through Super Mario Galaxy - think he's got 1 more star than me :(

I am on a sabatical from my wii due to uni deadlines, but will be starting up with it again soon now my dissertation is done

Not got any games with online capability yet, although mario kart will be purchased soon!

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I am on a sabatical from my wii due to uni deadlines, but will be starting up with it again soon now my dissertation is done

Not got any games with online capability yet, although mario kart will be purchased soon!

I've pre-ordered Mario Kart from Game. It comes out on the 11th April and you get a free steering wheel with the game.

Games I will to buy in near future are:

Mario Galaxy - A must own, and woul dhave got it for Christmas, but decided to let head rule and wait till after exams

Mario Kart - Nuff said!

Then other games I am very tempted in:

No More Heroes - Looks good and quite different

Metroid Prime - Great reviews, and FPS controls work really well on wii

Zak and Wiki - Puzzle game, that looks similar in style to the classic monkey island series!

I basically want all the games, but will have to make decisions on which ones are most important

New Star Wars game also looks good, with the mote controlling your lightsaber, and the nunchuck to use force powers, apparently out in the summer

Just found out there is also gonna be a Pro Evo game and an Alone in the Dark game for wii this year! :dribble:

Better get saving!

Guest Prentice

Been playing a lot of Fifa recently but starting to get cracking again on Rayman Rabbids and wii sports.

Mario Galaxy has only had a little airing so far but looks fantastic.

Anyone else got, and struggle, with Mario Olympics?

The Old Tolbooth

I bought Medal of Honour but found it quite easy, which is not like me.

Very good game though and very addictive.

Been playing a lot of Fifa recently but starting to get cracking again on Rayman Rabbids and wii sports.

What do you mean by "struggle with"?

I have it, and love it. Completed all the circuits to unlock all the events, but some of them are really difficult. Can not get over 6m in the pole vault, and never had over 80m in the hammer, but I have mastered the running events. P.B. for the 100m is sub 9.5!

the voice from above

My mate has mario olympics for his wii. Can dominate some events but struggle in the extreme with others. I can run the 100m in 9.333 seconds but can't swim (which has similar controls) at all...

Most of the track n field events are pretty good, i also hold world records for javelin, hammer, high jump. To summarise, I'm great at all the good events and the other ones aren't worth thinking about...

My mate has mario olympics for his wii. Can dominate some events but struggle in the extreme with others. I can run the 100m in 9.333 seconds but can't swim (which has similar controls) at all...

Most of the track n field events are pretty good, i also hold world records for javelin, hammer, high jump. To summarise, I'm great at all the good events and the other ones aren't worth thinking about...

I think that's the key

They have contrasted it quite nicely so all the events don't rely on speed or power

Would be very difficult to master every event as they are so different

Guest Prentice

Swimming mainly. I find that incredibly difficult.

You can add rowing into that as well.

It's a brilliant game though. Never realised just how hard on my unfit arms this game would be :confused:

Swimming mainly. I find that incredibly difficult.

You can add rowing into that as well.

It's a brilliant game though. Never realised just how hard on my unfit arms this game would be :confused:

Rowing took a bit of getting used to

Swimming depends on the stroke, but once you master the breathing it's ok

You can't master all events, so only let your mates challenge you on the ones you are good at ;)

I have it, and love it. Completed all the circuits to unlock all the events, but some of them are really difficult. Can not get over 6m in the pole vault, and never had over 80m in the hammer, but I have mastered the running events. P.B. for the 100m is sub 9.5!

9.5 a bit of the Ben Johnson about you,you'll be getting tested soon

Ive got Metroid 3(Excellent) it takes ages

Mario Party 8 which came with the console and is really for Bairns & the Simpsons which Ive not played to much as I'm still doing Metroid 3.

Also got Endless Ocean which is quite relaxing!

Was going to get Mario V sonic Olympics but read some dodgy reviews for it, however you lot seem to like it so I might just get it. Got our name down for Wii fit when it comes out.

Ive got Metroid 3(Excellent) it takes ages

Mario Party 8 which came with the console and is really for Bairns & the Simpsons which Ive not played to much as I'm still doing Metroid 3.

Also got Endless Ocean which is quite relaxing!

Was going to get Mario V sonic Olympics but read some dodgy reviews for it, however you lot seem to like it so I might just get it. Got our name down for Wii fit when it comes out.

The reviews have to be taken with a pinch of salt. They only focus on graphics and sound, but sometimes games are just real good fun

If you liked the classic track and field games, you'll love Olympics. It is great for playing with mates round

Pro Evo looks amazing - you'll basically be able to run with one player while pointing and controlling your players with the remote, sounds complicated but has potential to be the best pro evo yet imo, japanese gaming bible Famitsu gave it 36/40,...

Super Smash Bros will be essential too, Famitsu gave this 40/40. Smash Bros games have always been great multiplayers, apparently this one has a great single player game as well....

oh and its online :D

Pro Evo looks amazing - you'll basically be able to run with one player while pointing and controlling your players with the remote, sounds complicated but has potential to be the best pro evo yet imo, japanese gaming bible Famitsu gave it 36/40,...

Super Smash Bros will be essential too, Famitsu gave this 40/40. Smash Bros games have always been great multiplayers, apparently this one has a great single player game as well....

oh and its online :D

Pro Evo sounds the sort of game that will take a lot of practice to master, but once you get it, it will pish all over any other football game!

Have never played any of the Smash Bros series, and having not seen the control system, I am skeptical how it wil work on thhe wii system. Reviews sound good though, but as the moment the games onmy list take precident

Wii Fit comes out on April 29th.Can't wait for that 42 different games on it,anyone who thought wii sports was good is going to think this is amazing.

I believe we have the wii fit thing over here already. It is Japan, of course so things will come out first over here.

Lynn

Pro Evo

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/855/855392p1.html

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/846/846663p1.html

no review yet - but looking promising. No master league mode, something called Champions Road instead

Tales of symphonia

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/855/855146p1.html

Tales of symphonia on the gamecube was one of my favourite RPGs of all time, this ones looking pretty impressive as well...

Pro Evo

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/855/855392p1.html

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/846/846663p1.html

no review yet - but looking promising. No master league mode, something called Champions Road instead

Tales of symphonia

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/855/855146p1.html

Tales of symphonia on the gamecube was one of my favourite RPGs of all time, this ones looking pretty impressive as well...

That style of Pro Ev looks like potentially the best football sim ever.I don't think it will be because the will always be so flaws on the first effort but 1 or 2 games down the line done in the same style and it will be incredible.

if you don't own ZAK AND WIKI: QUEST FOR BARBAROS TREASURE

get it now. It is the balls.

:sad:

i'll need to wait til i've finished some of the games i've got at the moment...

The pointing in PES sounds good.

Even though it's minimal pointing, in Mario Galaxy you're pointing whilst playing and it's flawless.

My only issue (I think i've said before) is the motion control. In fifa, motion control is absolutely pish and hopefully PES doesn't do similar.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Just bought 'Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games'.

What a game. I'm knackered.

:)

Craig Gordons Gloves

i've just bought Fifa for mine, something very strange about having a shot at goal by moving your arm in that way!

I'm pesh at it, but hopefully i'll get better!

Very addicted to Mario Olympics at the moment.

Some events seem very easy whilst others are hard to master. At the high jump I got the Olympic record on my first go but since then have not been able to clear any height.

i've just bought Fifa for mine, something very strange about having a shot at goal by moving your arm in that way!

I'm pesh at it, but hopefully i'll get better!

Stick the controller down your sock and kick.

Only just got my WII and hooked on golf....

Has any one got Tiger woods and if so is it alot better than wii sports golf?

Paid at the end of the month so will be looking to buy a couple of games...

Oh aye and its my birthday on Sunday so thinkin about dropping some big hints!

Kenny, I've tried to get into the golf, but find that a lot of the time it doesn't respond to my swinging the remote, especially when playing short putts. Any ideas?

Don't have it, but was tempted as I really like wii golf

Reviews aren't great though, but still sounds like it is pretty good

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/816/816464p1.html

Tiger Woods has got some shocking reviews, but i cant understand why - i LOVE it.

Its bloody difficult, and after 10 minutes you'll want to take it back to the shop, but after perservering its, imo, the best golf game iv ever played. I wouldnt even look at a golf game on a traditional console now.

As you'd expect, its far more in depth than Wii golf, and the great career mode etc is all there.

While its perhaps not the perfect simulation - it doesnt map your exact movements, it does feel like your actually playing golf, unlike wii sports.

I would reccomend it to anyone, however it is bloody difficult and frstrating to begin with, so make sure you have something nearby to punch.

Tiger Woods has got some shocking reviews, but i cant understand why - i LOVE it.

Its bloody difficult, and after 10 minutes you'll want to take it back to the shop, but after perservering its, imo, the best golf game iv ever played. I wouldnt even look at a golf game on a traditional console now.

As you'd expect, its far more in depth than Wii golf, and the great career mode etc is all there.

While its perhaps not the perfect simulation - it doesnt map your exact movements, it does feel like your actually playing golf, unlike wii sports.

I would reccomend it to anyone, however it is bloody difficult and frstrating to begin with, so make sure you have something nearby to punch.

Ah... quite fancy that.

Wii golfs quite easy to master....

Ah... quite fancy that.

Wii golfs quite easy to master....

the thing about TW as well is when u do the career with your won guy he starts off absolutely gash, and you have to build up his stats, so it does take a while to start winning even if your good at the game.

i would def give it bash tho, worse thing that can happen is u dont like it and just take it back

the thing about TW as well is when u do the career with your won guy he starts off absolutely gash, and you have to build up his stats, so it does take a while to start winning even if your good at the game.

i would def give it bash tho, worse thing that can happen is u dont like it and just take it back

True..... Hope you can use more of a golf swing with it and stuff as thats what lets down wii golf.... my birds not bad at it!!!

Or you could go blind :P

Oops, wrong thread!

• 3 weeks later...

My wii code is 8710 3115 6663 3886

It is different from the PES codes

I have added the folk who posted there codes

My wii code is 8710 3115 6663 3886

It is different from the PES codes

I have added the folk who posted there codes

Where do you find your pes code.My Wii Code is on the pes2008 thread if you want to add me.Pes is brilliant

Where do you find your pes code.My Wii Code is on the pes2008 thread if you want to add me.Pes is brilliant

Have added your wii

PES code is in the online play bit. One of the options is manage your friends code or something

Have added your wii

PES code is in the online play bit. One of the options is manage your friends code or something

i'll add u later on Rossi :thumb:

Like the wife.

is that wrong

Pro Evo sounds the sort of game that will take a lot of practice to master, but once you get it, it will pish all over any other football game!

Have never played any of the Smash Bros series, and having not seen the control system, I am skeptical how it wil work on thhe wii system. Reviews sound good though, but as the moment the games onmy list take precident

I've heard that Smash Bros pretty much has to be played with the classic controller or gamecube controller..

I've heard that Smash Bros pretty much has to be played with the classic controller or gamecube controller..

Saw that in the review on IGN

They say it is brilliant, but you need a gamecube controller for it to work best

I wasn't planning on buying any, as I wasn't gonna bother with downloading any classic games (unless they get Goldeneye). You can get some gameware ones from Game for less than a tenner though, so may buy it at some point in the future once I have got the rest of the games on my list!

Archived