X Factor

Deek

I suspect that the most substantial chunk of that million pounds makes its way to Simon Cowell's production company in management and admin fees.

It's better than a poke in the eye but don't be fooled into thinking that the winner walks away with a million spondulicks.

Indeed, and what's more, Cowell will dump them as soon as possible if they're not to his taste.

The entire show is stacked in his favour. The female judges (DM in particular) are terrified to cross him, or vote off his acts. Cowell always gets the last word, hence his 'emergency meeting' at the weekend.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I P Knightley
The xmas single which they usually bring out will be You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson.... not looking forward to that one.

Cant cover that tune.

You know what's coming... don't you?

Indeed, and what's more, Cowell will dump them as soon as possible if they're not to his taste.

The entire show is stacked in his favour. The female judges (DM in particular) are terrified to cross him, or vote off his acts. Cowell always gets the last word, hence his 'emergency meeting' at the weekend.

I loved that story.

Cowell (some years ago): "What would be great would be if we had a talent show where the GBP vote, thereby indicating the performer that they are most likely to buy lots of records from. I sign up the winner and make an absolute mint."

Cowell (Sunday night): "The GBP don't know what they're on about. I want to change the rules."

Walter Bishop

John and Edward 'top public vote'

It has been reported that 'X Factor duo' twins John And Edward Grimes received the highest number of public votes over the weekend in the TV talent show.

hahahaha :2thumbsup:

It has been reported that 'X Factor duo' twins John And Edward Grimes received the highest number of public votes over the weekend in the TV talent show.

Sadly I voted for them on Sunday, and at 35p a pop (Just have a pint in the Haymarket bar before moving on and that's the 35p saved) I think it is well worth it for the comedy value alone of them staying.

I can see Cowell (or the production company) having to pay them a substantial amount of money quite soon to come and say something really offensive to the GBP to lose the vote. Or alternatively get Sinitta to spend the whole of next weekend voting for everyone else.

Unbelievable. too many kids getting too much pocket money, or parents paying their mobile phone bills.

I P Knightley

I'm coming round to enjoying their presence on the show.

Someone a while back on JKB described Simon Cowell as slowly killing music. The ongoing inclusion of these two awful singers is a kind of two fingers up to Cowell and his brand of dull, lifeless, money machines.

Danyl has got some genuine performing talent. The rest are "just" very good singers who will do whatever they're told to do and do it reasonably well (except the hairy one who can only rock - nothing wrong with that - and the wee Welsh bloke who's ended up out of his depth).

If Danyl doesn't win it, I kind of hope it's the twins.

Wouldn't part with 35p for the pleasure, though!!

Britain must be full of dafties or wind up merchants voting for they 2:hang:

I'm proud to be part of both these demographics.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Hopefully John & Edward go on to win the competition, as it could spell the end for X-Factor. Once they have a winner that goes on to be an absolute failure, the show will lose all respectability (cough, cough).

It's ironic that it is the fans of the show that could **** it all up. Happy Days!

Hopefully John & Edward go on to win the competition, as it could spell the end for X-Factor. Once they have a winner that goes on to be an absolute failure, the show will lose all respectability (cough, cough).

It's ironic that it is the fans of the show that could **** it all up. Happy Days!

Good way to look at it, and I could do without hearing all the sh*tey kiddies pop music they produce at the end of it.

Those pesky twins are causing problems in the house :stuart:

http://xfactorblog.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?GT1=61503&ocid=today

Cops At X Factor House After Jedward Flashing!

The X Factor house could be SHUT DOWN by police after numerous complaints from residents.

The Sun claims that police were called after teenage girls flashed their breasts at John and Edward Grimes, who allegedly responded by performing a Michael Jackson style skit and grabbing their crotches.

Later the crowd chanted and cheered as the Irish twins danced around by a window dressed in nothing but their boxer shorts.

If nothing else the boys will be getting a telling off this morning from their mentor. The girls may have gone Jedward crazy but the wealthy local residents are not impressed. The last thing the show needs is the house to be literally busted!

Who's oot tonight?

We know who it should be, The twins or Lloyd, but it wont.

My bet is Danyl.

The Mighty Thor
Who's oot tonight?

My bet is Danyl.

Sat and watched it properly for the first time last night.

Danyl comes across as a total walloper. He loves himself something terrible.

Hope he gets binned.

Who's oot tonight?

My bet is Danyl.

Danyl was terrible last night, but he can be a good singer, I hope it the twins out though but prob won't be

Guest jambomickey
Danyl was terrible last night, but he can be a good singer, I hope it the twins out though but prob won't be

the mrs just about to watch that aswell linda.:smiley2:

portobellojambo1
cool, who do you think will go tonight?

I have it on tonight as well Linda, but if I'm honest the part of the show I'm most looking forward to is Bon Jovi (in fact here they come now).

I hope it is those two gormless looking twin feckers that get wellied off tonight, sh*t sums them up totally.

I have it on tonight as well Linda, but if I'm honest the part of the show I'm most looking forward to is Bon Jovi (in fact here they come now).

I hope it is those two gormless looking twin feckers that get wellied off tonight, sh*t sums them up totally.

Don't think Bon Jovi were very good the night Iain, pretty rubbish song to be honest:smiley2:

Enjoy watching the rest:10900:

no surprise at the twins getting through then!

think it will be the lloyd away tonight

You just knew the freaks would be kept in eh.Good decent singers getting sent home and they 2 are still in,all to wind up Simon Cowel.Think he said the wrong thing that he would leave the country if they won,as i seriously think thats what will happen.

Pretty boy should go. Feel sorry for Rachel.

Don't really like her that much Deek, don't think she'll go far anyway

Frankenstein Jambo.

Actually like john and edward as it is completly ****ing simon off as he knows they have a chance of winning it. Not because of a talent, because people are enjoying watching simon getting annoyed lol.

this must be one of the biggest cons ever shown live on tv?

has this just proved that the x-factor is fixed?

unfairly i think rachel will go.

shaking with rage at the whole unfairness and crushingly cruel soul destroying games being played with peoples dreams and apirations.

Got to be honest not sad to see her go, that thing she does when she's singing where she closes her eyes and bobs her head from side to side freaks me out

scared.jpg

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
shaking with rage at the whole unfairness and crushingly cruel soul destroying games being played with peoples dreams and apirations.

:laugh: Seriously?!

That Lloyd is worse than the twins. Tone deaf. How the feck did he make it through out of about 200,000?!

this must be one of the biggest cons ever shown live on tv?

has this just proved that the x-factor is fixed?

unfairly i think rachel will go.

I am only a bit part watcher of this programme, but never again.

What a carve up, my missus said that because the tone deaf lad had a wee sniffle they will get round it by going to deadlock.

He was murder last night and was even worse tonight even allowing for a wee sore throat.

I think X-Factor lost what little credibility it had tonight and will lose a lot of viewers in doing so.

Lloyd was murder.

chester copperpot
I take it you're on the bevy ? lol

Ahm pure steaming aye, but doesn't take away from the fact that I love those 2nd place runners up from last year that won 2 mobo's this year.

Na seriously, hate the X factor, and cannot believe the acts that have committed to coming on and singing on it this year. I have to watch the Sunday night one due to the Mrs watching it.

The Mighty Thor

what an absolute ram up!

Mind you nobody of sound mind could ever think that the whole thing is anything other than a fix.

Pretty boy and the Irish comedy duo bring in more phone votes = more dosh.

Whoever thought it was a talent contest (at least not with a few weeks still to mug the punters) ? the joke acts will stay in for a couple more weeks at least.

Frankenstein Jambo.

For those of you who think the show is fixed, why oh why would it be fixed for John and Edward to stay in it?

Simon clearly hates them and there is no way he would want to give them a 1 million pound contract.

chester copperpot
For those of you who think the show is fixed, why oh why would it be fixed for John and Edward to stay in it?

Simon clearly hates them and there is no way he would want to give them a 1 million pound contract.

How much do you reckon is getting coined in with punters voting for them. There's one thing Simon Cowell is, and that's a very good business man. He knows what he's doing. They wont win it, but they're a bit of a cash cow for the show at this early stage.

That's what he wants you to think.

Why do you think he has said he will leave the country if they win? It gets weirdos who vote for these shows to phone in and support them just to see what will happen. He will be loving the fact they are still in it.

I don't actually hate Cowell, he is a fecking genius!

The Mighty Thor
I don't actually hate Cowell, he is a fecking genius!

He's a pantomime dame.

He's certainly not daft though but i'm genuinely staggered at the gullibility of the British public.

Anyone that phones in to vote on these things is a mug.

chester copperpot
He's a pantomime dame.

He's certainly not daft though but i'm genuinely staggered at the gullibility of the British public.

Anyone that phones in to vote on these things is a mug.

I bet there's a few of them posted on here.

It certainly makes you wonder, eh.

Although this is a nation where Jade fecking Goody and Jordan are/were treated as national sweet hearts.

Archived