Wallace Magnificent, Deek Who?

letsmakesomenoise

letsmakesomenoise

Thought Lee Wallace was magnificent today, hopefully will keep his place ahead of the guid Scottish laddie Fox.

As for Riordan I'm sure I heard he came on but that was the last I heard of him! Naff!

Kickback has been relatively quiet about our left-back's accomplished international debut today.

LET'S HEAR IT FOR TRIGGER!

Only watched until around 6oth min but Wallace looked like he was doing well.As for the Rat pity he didn't get a career ending leg break.

Lee was Scotland's best player today.

However, the drunk will pick Fox ahead of him next time.

God bless Scottish fitba, eh?

Lee was Scotland's best player today.

However, the drunk will pick Fox ahead of him next time.

God bless Scottish fitba, eh?

I bet you weren't calling him that in October 2005. God bless tribalism, eh?

Big well done to Lee though! :2thumbsup:

Nelly Terraces

Today was a total winner all round.

Trigger was Scotlands MotM.

The Rat went 6000 miles only for a bloke whose no scored all season and was picked for the squad after him to get a game ahead of him, then he only got a few minutes and never touched the ball.

Some Falkirk clown also went 6000 miles and never got a game. Eddie May (ktbg) and Thumper will have the hump wi that.

Seems like a worthwhile exercise to me.

Thought Lee Wallace was magnificent today, hopefully will keep his place ahead of the guid Scottish laddie Fox.

As for Riordan I'm sure I heard he came on but that was the last I heard of him! Naff!

I think Riordan must have been in a Jap boozer today as i never saw him once, Japan must be the only place the wee c?nt can get into a club

**** off Deeko:death:

I had to pull my fingernails off just to prevent myself from falling asleap. It was so bloody boring.

Today was a total winner all round.

Trigger was Scotlands MotM.

The Rat went 6000 miles only for a bloke whose no scored all season and was picked for the squad after him to get a game ahead of him, then he only got a few minutes and never touched the ball.

Some Falkirk clown also went 6000 miles and never got a game. Eddie May (ktbg) and Thumper will have the hump wi that.

Seems like a worthwhile exercise to me.

:10900:

I can see the interview now:

Chick Young: "So George - Japan 2 Scotland 0. Was there really a point to this game? What did you get out of it?"

George Burley: "Course we did! Trigger was our man of the match. Rat boy went 6000 miles only for a bloke who's not scored all season and was picked for the squad after him to get a game ahead of him, then he only got a few minutes and never touched the ball.

"Some Falkirk clown also went 6000 miles and never got a game. Eddie May (who's known to be gay) and Thumper will have the hump wi that. Seems like a worthwhile exercise to me!"

*GB takes a large swig from his hip flask*

"Oh, one last thing Chick. You're a ****!"

I had to pull my fingernails off just to prevent myself from falling asleap. It was so bloody boring.

Wasnt that bad,

good for lee, pity we couldn't last 90 minutes

I bet you weren't calling him that in October 2005. God bless tribalism, eh?

Big well done to Lee though! :2thumbsup:

Bet I was. He was in the Diggers the day he was confirmed with Simon Hunt and his agent.

He was our drunk though.

:wink:

Wasnt that bad,

good for lee, pity we couldn't last 90 minutes

Agreed, but I was so bored watching it.

Bet I was. He was in the Diggers the day he was confirmed with Simon Hunt and his agent.

He was our drunk though.

Or rather, he was our Scottish manager. The Scots drink; it doesn't make them all drunks though. ;)

Or rather, he was our Scottish manager. The Scots drink; it doesn't make them all drunks though. ;)

I get what your saying dude, but seriously - I know myself from first hand experience and from people that I trust that GB spent a whole lot of time as Hearts manager on the sauce.

Doesn't make him a bad person (if it did, I'd be Pol Pot), but let's not pretend he isn't fond of a strawberry daiquiri, eh?!

I get what your saying dude, but seriously - I know myself from first hand experience and from people that I trust that GB spent a whole lot of time as Hearts manager on the sauce.

Doesn't make him a bad person (if it did, I'd be Pol Pot), but let's not pretend he isn't fond of a strawberry daiquiri, eh?!

I'm not pretending anything of the sort! Course he is - but if it was a problem, he wouldn't have held down the manager's job at Ipswich for over 8 years, or been appointed by Derby, Hearts, Southampton or Scotland: the latter involving due process which specifically investigated the rumours/allegations about him, and found no case to answer.

He's a very liberal, relaxed manager, and is clearly fond of a drink. It probably emanates from his time as a player at Ipswich, when they were one of the most relaxed, least serious of all the successful clubs at the time. But I'll always believe that so many assume he's an out-and-out alcoholic because of:

a) Rumours spread about him by DoF Murdo Mackay when he was at Derby. That's the same Murdo Mackay who's currently doing time for fraud. But mud sticks - so these rumours were seized on by

B) Vladimir Romanov: who didn't trust him and was looking for a way to get rid of him as soon as he achieved full control of the club. At a board meeting, Phil Anderton innocently let slip that a player had reported he could smell alcohol on Burley's breath at training, he'd checked this out, and found no case to answer. But because Vlad was desperate to get rid, he immediately demanded Burley travel to an alcohol clinic in Lithuania for 2 weeks.

Naturally, given he didn't have a problem which needed treatment, Burley refused; and Romanov viewed this as breach of contract. Disgracefully, Anderton was subsequently ordered to sign a document justifying the club's behaviour, on the grounds that Burley was an "alcoholic"; and when Anderton rightly refused (because the document was a pack of lies), he was sacked.

Far from being a raging drunk, all Burley has ever been is a victim of circumstance and innuendo.

I'm not pretending anything of the sort! Course he is - but if it was a problem, he wouldn't have held down the manager's job at Ipswich for over 8 years, or been appointed by Derby, Hearts, Southampton or Scotland: the latter involving due process which specifically investigated the rumours/allegations about him, and found no case to answer.

He's a very liberal, relaxed manager, and is clearly fond of a drink. It probably emanates from his time as a player at Ipswich, when they were one of the most relaxed, least serious of all the successful clubs at the time. But I'll always believe that so many assume he's an out-and-out alcoholic because of:

a) Rumours spread about him by DoF Murdo Mackay when he was at Derby. That's the same Murdo Mackay who's currently doing time for fraud. But mud sticks - so these rumours were seized on by

B) Vladimir Romanov: who didn't trust him and was looking for a way to get rid of him as soon as he achieved full control of the club. At a board meeting, Phil Anderton innocently let slip that a player had reported he could smell alcohol on Burley's breath at training, he'd checked this out, and found no case to answer. But because Vlad was desperate to get rid, he immediately demanded Burley travel to an alcohol clinic in Lithuania for 2 weeks.

Naturally, given he didn't have a problem which needed treatment, Burley refused; and Romanov viewed this as breach of contract. Disgracefully, Anderton was subsequently ordered to sign a document justifying the club's behaviour, on the grounds that Burley was an "alcoholic"; and when Anderton rightly refused (because the document was a pack of lies), he was sacked.

Far from being a raging drunk, all Burley has ever been is a victim of circumstance and innuendo.

Shaun, another good post, but really - Romanov is a nutjob. That's all you needed to say.

Good post

Shaun, another good post, but really - Romanov is a nutjob. That's all you needed to say.

Ah, but as you well know, I live my life by the following motto:

"Candidates have three hours and should show all working".

:stuart:

Fair enough Sean and if that is what you want to believe then fine, but more and more I can't help thinking that we got very very lucky under Burley, I actually don't rate him at all now.

If that isn't a contractual obligation for new managers at Tynecastle, it ****ing well should be.

Guest jambomickey

even if he did enjoy a drink what's that got to do with anything? he was doing a fantastic job, never missed a day at work.

even if he did enjoy a drink what's that got to do with anything? he was doing a fantastic job, never missed a day at work.

Mickey, did you actually read what I said or are you once again just flying off the handle and making yourself look ****ing stupid?

For reference, the "It doesn't make him a bad person" quote is a clincher.

Cheers.

Fair enough Sean and if that is what you want to believe then fine, but more and more I can't help thinking that we got very very lucky under Burley, I actually don't rate him at all now.

We got lucky in the sense that his and Simon Hunt's contacts were perfect for us. And to succeed in the SPL, especially if you have money to spend, you don't have to be all that at all.

I still think he's a decent manager: albeit was very, very disappointed by how he led (sic) the World Cup campaign. He's unbelievably lucky to have been given another chance IMO - and if I were him, I'd switch immediately to a long term plan based on changing Scottish football at all age groups and laying new foundations for the future. Sadly, I doubt he has either the will himself or the backing in his association to do this.

Guest jambomickey
Mickey, did you actually read what I said or are you once again just flying off the handle and making yourself look ****ing stupid?

For reference, the "It doesn't make him a bad person" quote is a clincher.

Cheers.

it's you that's making yourself look stupid! what's it got to do with anything even if he did like a bevvy when he was hearts manager? he was doing a fantastic job and never missed his work.

it's you that's making yourself look stupid! what's it got to do with anything even if he did like a bevvy when he was hearts manager? he was doing a fantastic job and never missed his work.

Ok Michael - you're spot on. I look stupid, not you.

I'm not going to continue this any further as I believe your carer might complain to the mods.

Have fun.

Guest jambomickey
Ok Michael - you're spot on. I look stupid, not you.

I'm not going to continue this any further as I believe your carer might complain to the mods.

Have fun.

i think if people look at every post you've contributed to this thread they'll see who's looking rather stupid, soon be time for your bed son.

what's this thread about again?

It's Kickback's very own manifestation of shrinking world theories. Instead of having six degrees of separation, though, we only have one. So any thread can be turned by any poster of any persuasion into a retrospective rammy about who did what in the early years of El Loco.

It's what makes Kickback great.

i think if people look at every post you've contributed to this thread they'll see who's looking rather stupid, soon be time for your bed son.

They certainly will, Mickey.

It's Kickback's very own manifestation of shrinking world theories. Instead of having six degrees of separation, though, we only have one. So any thread can be turned by any poster of any persuasion into a retrospective rammy about who did what in the early years of El Loco.

It's what makes Kickback great.

thought so. a free for all. that phil anderton was a ****** was he not?

thought so. a free for all. that phil anderton was a ****** was he not?

I'll see your ****** and raise you Rodney Romanov.

:smiley2:

Lee played very well. He's going to make the step up fairly comfortably when the time comes. Hopefully he'll reproduce that form for us between now and then.

Left back for Scotland is well and truly up for grabs. He's done himself no harm at all today.

I'll see your ****** and raise you Rodney Romanov.

:smiley2:

you'll do no such thing! sounds like .net behaviour that, especially if sir gay is involved.

you'll do no such thing! sounds like .net behaviour that, especially if sir gay is involved.

My bad. After all, I don't want to send you reeling into the waiting arms of Truly Gash, do I?

Lee played very well. He's going to make the step up fairly comfortably when the time comes. Hopefully he'll reproduce that form for us between now and then.

Left back for Scotland is well and truly up for grabs. He's done himself no harm at all today.

Found it incredible that the commentator was saying there was a chance to "stake a claim here" but that a few would probably drop out "when the big names came back "..............and quoted one of those big names as being Fox - who's not even played a game yet !

Lee surely has the jersey ahead of him ?

My bad. After all, I don't want to send you reeling into the waiting arms of Truly Gash, do I?

aaaah truly gash... you don't find lap dancers of that class these days.

Found it incredible that the commentator was saying there was a chance to "stake a claim here" but that a few would probably drop out "when the big names came back "..............and quoted one of those big names as being Fox - who's not even played a game yet !

Don't be silly.

Nelly Terraces
vlad will be rubbing his hands.

Certainly will. Few bob added to the asking price. Playing at Tynecastle next season? Maybe in green or blue.

only in scottish (glasgow) football can a player be the first choice for a jersey before he's actually worn it the first time.

fox will no doubt get the nod ahead of LW next time, make an erse of it and retain the place.

Lee did well, curbed his attacking instincts a bit, but showed composure on the ball, got some tackles in. Pleasantly surprised by his maturity of performance, hopefully he'll get to play in a stronger team; him and Hutton would really add to Scotland's attack.

I thought all the danger came down Whitaker's wing, he seemed to get tired and make mistakes.

We got lucky in the sense that his and Simon Hunt's contacts were perfect for us. And to succeed in the SPL, especially if you have money to spend, you don't have to be all that at all.

I still think he's a decent manager: albeit was very, very disappointed by how he led (sic) the World Cup campaign. He's unbelievably lucky to have been given another chance IMO - and if I were him, I'd switch immediately to a long term plan based on changing Scottish football at all age groups and laying new foundations for the future. Sadly, I doubt he has either the will himself or the backing in his association to do this.

We certainly did, along with your stories exonerating George why not add in the fact that he was spinning on his backside in Harrys Bar on a Friday night around 2a.m. before a SPL game, absolutely hammered. Selective memories.

We certainly did, along with your stories exonerating George why not add in the fact that he was spinning on his backside in Harrys Bar on a Friday night around 2a.m. before a SPL game, absolutely hammered. Selective memories.

So how's he managed to get, hold down and do well in a number of managerial jobs, over and over again? And how did this not impact on Hearts' fortunes under him? Probably because it was never as big a deal as many made out.

So how's he managed to get, hold down and do well in a number of managerial jobs, over and over again? And how did this not impact on Hearts' fortunes under him? Probably because it was never as big a deal as many made out.

Errm, which jobs are these then, fail at Southampton and not exactly a resounding success at Scotland.

Archived