Wallace in the scotland squad.

Rees1874

rudi must stay

if true that's great. Not sure I agree about him deserving it though, his form has dropped a lot this season.

Jambof3tornado

his form has been poor of late,but then form doesnt come into it when getting selected for your country. A wee confidence boost wont go amiss!

Does anyone know if the game is on TV?

Also, I don't think Lee's form has been poor, he's just not quite hit the heights of last season. He's still been consistently good for us this season, especially away at St Johnstone where he was superb.

I just spoke with him on the fone. Flight out tomorrow and back on the 12th. Think that puts to rest the rumours that lee and burley dont get on

I just spoke with him on the fone. Flight out tomorrow and back on the 12th. Think that puts to rest the rumours that lee and burley dont get on

Thanks for that, whats he up to the night?

Thanks for that, whats he up to the night?

Working out what he is going to say to a certain Jambo in Japan who will be excited by this? :smiley2:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a conn? FFS how many OF players will drop out and fools like Wallace will travel half way round the world for a freindly and never be picked again? Fox injured? Aye right!

Getting his stuff ready for tomorrow probably. Not sure when it will be announced.

I'm glad for the laddie, played really well at under-21 level and has merited his call up with some fine performances at club level. I just hope he doesnt learn any bad habits from a certain leith ned while in Japan. If the two of them get on, they could probably set a record for most shots of Saki consumed by the human body.:10900:

anyone know what the state of play is with lee's brush with the law and the possible travel/visa problems associated with a firearms offence?

Burley better invoke the no play rule with all those who call off! Can't see Wallace's call up helping HMFC any that's for sure.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a conn? FFS how many OF players will drop out and fools like Wallace will travel half way round the world for a freindly and never be picked again? Fox injured? Aye right!

I highly doubt Fox would miss todays game just to miss the game next week. If he was fit then he would of played in one of the biggest games of the season and then withdraw after that IMO.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Burley better invoke the no play rule with all those who call off! Can't see Wallace's call up helping HMFC any that's for sure.

Adds value to his fee, gives him experience of playing at the top level and most importantly, gives him a boost in what has been a tough season so far.

Good to see a Scottish player getting picked for Scotland and it's about time Hearts had a representative again.

surprised as he is definetly not fully fit he looks a touch heavy and i would doubt he is training fully with that injury he has carried.

got outpaced easily twice on saturday which is very unlike him.

might be the boost of confidence he really needed though

Well done Lee, should have been in before this though.

Got a night out in Edinburgh that day, bus leaves at 7:30pm, we're meeting in pub at 5pm, jokingly suggested prior to this we meet at 11:20am for game.

Might consider it now, although I may not be fit for the bus ....... :smiley2:

Congrats to Lee! I was complaining to a hibs supporting workmate today that ratboy was in but Wallace isn't.

Gordon, Berra and Wallace in the squad!!

That's a defence that's as strong as the old castle rock!

Let's just hope we don't get a penalty for ratboy to miss.

Angus

About time. Quality player in the making. Better than Gary Naysmith, Imo.

No chance! Gary Naysmith now maybe!! But Gary Naysmith when he was with us?? Not on your nelly!!!

Pretty sure you can only do that for 'real' games & not for friendlies.

Working out what he is going to say to a certain Jambo in Japan who will be excited by this? :smiley2:

LOL! I thank the gods of Busby that there's a jambo in the squad! :th_Jttesur:

Lynn:th_o:

Is anyone else worried that he's now going to make the jump from guns to Samurai swords??

Fort Vallance

You're bang on. Trailed all the way to Japan to sit on the bench.

Guest JamboRobbo

Aye, I'm sure he faked injury and missed the OF match so that he didn't have to go to Japan right enough.

Seymour M Hersh
You're bang on. Trailed all the way to Japan to sit on the bench.

What does he do though tell them to get lost? I doubt that would further his international ambitions. However the poster is correct about the infirm players dropping like flies when it suits their club interests.

Miller Jambo 60
if true that's great. Not sure I agree about him deserving it though, his form has dropped a lot this season.

Still better than some of the dross playing for Scotland.

mulleted_jambo
What does he do though tell them to get lost? I doubt that would further his international ambitions. However the poster is correct about the infirm players dropping like flies when it suits their club interests.

To be honest I wouldn't blame any players for pulling out of this game. It's a pointless frinedly on the other side of the world. No doubt it will be a good jolly for Gordon Smith & co which is the only reason we are playing.

Good luck to Lee though hopefully can put in a great performance(if he plays) and force Burley to include him in his next squad.

Excellent news for him and for his future price, but firmly in the what the hell is the point of this camp. Even though I love Scotland games to pieces.

Excellent news for him and for his future price, but firmly in the what the hell is the point of this camp. Even though I love Scotland games to pieces.

Scotland must be getting a good pay day out of the trip.

:th_o:

I wonder if any journalist with a pair would do some digging and tell the fans how many seats are on the flight for SFA blazers.

Said when the squad was announced that I was glad Lee wasn't in it as it's a waste of time, and I ain't changed just cos he is now going. Wish that Mulgrew had been called up personally so that he is knackered instead of Wallace going into the Sheep game at Pittodrie.

The Treasurer

So he gets dragged into replace some English nobody because the OF (predicatably) don't want their players flying half way round the world when they have more important games coming up.

How many others will have sudden "injuries" that will be clear in time for the following weekend.

Lee and Hearts should tell the GFA to GTF

How many others will have sudden "injuries" that will be clear in time for the following weekend.

Lee and Hearts should tell the GFA to GTF

Why did fox not play in the old firm derby? Oh yeah he didnt want to fly to japan.

Get a grip do you honestly expect lee to tell them to gtf a few days before one of the biggest days in his life and miss out on the chance to play for his country, gaining his 1st (hopefully of many) international cap?

Slight tangent but there is a category 4 super typhoon predicted to pass quite near Tokyo late Wednesday or sometime on Thursday. Hope Lee has his wellies.

:10900:

Well done Lee. Well deserved.

I really don't understand the negativity some fans have towards this. A young Hearts "home grown" player developed through the club's Academy receives his first call up into the international squad and some people actually think he and the club should say "GTF". How sad.

Lee, wear the national shirt with as much pride as you do the Hearts strip and make the position your own.

A young Hearts player turning our for Scotland - wherever it may be in the world - Best of Luck.

Well done Lee. Well deserved.

I really don't understand the negativity some fans have towards this. A young Hearts "home grown" player developed through the club's Academy receives his first call up into the international squad and some people actually think he and the club should say "GTF". How sad.

Lee, wear the national shirt with as much pride as you do the Hearts strip and make the position your own.

A young Hearts player turning our for Scotland - wherever it may be in the world - Best of Luck.

It really is pathetic. And you're quite right. If he gets a run out it will probably be the proudest moment in his footballing life to date. Friendly or not, Lee should feel immensely proud to wear the Scotland strip.:flag2:

Archived