Toulouse fan who was murdered by serb hooligans

$Tino$

I'll echo that. Absolutely pointless loss of life yet there are those out there (yes Mr Dyer you) who glamourise **** who wreak damage and hurt upon others for the sake of "the buzz". Morons!

Hans von Luck

Have to agree pointless for someone to lose his life at such a young age.

At 28 still a kid who only wanted to support his football team.

Remember that is the sort of thing that happens only too often in places like Serbia, Poland etc

R.I.P Brice

shaun.lawson

Jeez. What an absolutely shocking story. RIP Brice. If Euro 2012 goes ahead in Poland and the Ukraine, I hope to goodness this kind of hooliganism's been sorted by then.

The thugs who did this are just evil murdering *******s.

a very sad tale of a man who just went to see his team and never came home, just hope that the authorities catch the perpetrators and deal with them accordingly, the **** that they are

RIP Brice

I'll echo that. Absolutely pointless loss of life yet there are those out there (yes Mr Dyer you) who glamourise **** who wreak damage and hurt upon others for the sake of "the buzz". Morons!

This.

As someone who's been a victim of someone (I struggle to use the word "fan") using football as an excuse to behave like a halfwitted neanderthal, I find it difficult to empathise with those who think football violence was really good fun amongst like minded individuals.

I was struggling whether or not to actually post the link as it is quite emotional, but I thought it needs to be brought to everyone's attention.

I wondered why I found this more upsetting than reading '30 people killed in Afghan' for example..my conclusion was that the pictures showing Brice being a normal fan like the rest of us abroad supporting the team he grew up and a spot of tourism.

That's not me trying to take away 30 people killed in Afghan isn't upsetting in itself.

My god looks no different to the streets in Zagreb, what a terrible heart breaking story. These hooligans like most are fine in their packs but feckin cowards on their own, total vermin.

R.I.P Brice.

So sad he just seems like a normal fan enjoying an away game in Europe. It really makes me wonder what goes on in some peoples heads. I couldn't do what these animals, do something inside would stop me from hitting some one with a bat or iron bar then throwing them down some stairs.

what a horrible tale. i abhor violence in all its forms, and the pictures in that link make it all the more heartbreaking.

it could be any one of us that encounters that kind of behaviour

i agree wholeheartedly with IJ though in the remark that these people are not "fans". too many thugs attach themselves to a club with the sole intention of violence, and have often little or no interest in the football itself

a very sobering thing to read.

it's used as a glib dismissal to unimportant matters but the phrase which springs to mind is 'it puts things into perspective'.

a truly awful thing to happen to a young football supporter and in many ways an even worse and unimaginable thing for his poor parents to have to deal with.

i sincerely hope the animals who did this rot in hell.

jamboinglasgow

the sad thing is that the guys who did this probably went home and thought they were great just because they had beaten up defenseless football fans who only wanted to enjoy the city and watch their favourite team.

There is something seriously wrong with people like that and there is nothing glourious about football hooligans. There was a book released and featured in the Evening News with a former hibs hooligan going on about his past and almost trying to make it something to be proud of. Things like this should never be printed as it is people with sad lives who only beating someone else up is going to make their life happy. It shows you have far people take this "fun."

I hope the ones who did this horrible horrible action are haunted by their actions for the rest of their life and they will judged after their death and sent to hell.

I was struggling whether or not to actually post the link as it is quite emotional, but I thought it needs to be brought to everyone's attention.

I wondered why I found this more upsetting than reading '30 people killed in Afghan' for example..my conclusion was that the pictures showing Brice being a normal fan like the rest of us abroad supporting the team he grew up and a spot of tourism.

That's not me trying to take away 30 people killed in Afghan isn't upsetting in itself.

this point i can understand why you feel this way, i do and the other posts on this thread look like that most others do. But for a differing path in europe it could have been hearts facing partizan belgrade and it could have been one of us that this happened to.

What a tragic and pointless loss. That street looks really similar to bulldogs in Zagreb. Hope the lowlifes that carried it out rot. Sc** of the highest order.

The Old Tolbooth

Bloody hell, that's one of the most horrible stories I've ever read in my life, why is there a need to do such a thing for gods sake?

I was watching a programme with Ross Kemp on gang wars on Wednesday night, and he was in Poland where it got quite hairy when he confronted the Stilon Fighters, and then went even further when he tried to confront fans from Wislaw and Cracova (probably the fiercest derby rivals in Europe), these guys kill each other on a regular basis and I was wondering why the hell Poland would ever be considered to host such a prestigious event as the Euro Champs in 2014.

I can see the violence there being on a different scale as your going to get large groups from England, Germany, Holland etc battling the Poles, it could be messy with more needless lives lost sadly.

This really makes me physically sick to read about this shocking story.

an absolute joke and farce that this has happened. I cannot comprehend why people would do this, such a pointless waste of a life of a guy just trying to enjoy football.

That is horrendous,that poor guy only went to see his team.

One of the Weegie press should print that before the old firm game,as the same will happen to some poor soul through there on Sunday.

R.I.P Brice.

The People's Chimp
Jeez. What an absolutely shocking story. RIP Brice. If Euro 2012 goes ahead in Poland and the Ukraine, I hope to goodness this kind of hooliganism's been sorted by then.

The thugs who did this are just evil murdering *******s.

That's absolutely horrendous. Utterly appalling and just really sad.

As for Poland, if my last trip to Poland is anything to go by they've got a fair bit of work to do...

Not the kind of thing you expect when going abroad to support your team, I only hope the murdering b@ stards who done this are caught and they rot in hell. RIP BRICE.

Jambo Hoggie

Quite heartbreaking when you see the pictures. A normal football fan going to watch his club abroad, take in some sights and this happens. F*****g sick sick people and I hope the **** are caught.

R.I.P. Brice.

The Mighty Thor
There was a book released and featured in the Evening News with a former hibs hooligan going on about his past and almost trying to make it something to be proud of. Things like this should never be printed as it is people with sad lives who only beating someone else up is going to make their life happy.

Yip the Hibsman glamourised this knob-end's book recently. As much a sign of the **** standards of journalism as it is of the intelligence of their readership.

That is horrendous,that poor guy only went to see his team.

One of the Weegie press should print that before the old firm game,as the same will happen to some poor soul through there on Sunday.

The same will happen to several people in Glasgow this weekend. The arrest and hospitalisation levels after every bigot-fest are frightening.

It's all ben said already, but I was equally shocked at reading the site.

The point about Danny Dyer and the Evening News glamourising this sort of thing is a very valid one.

We should find Danny Dyer's e-mail address and get everyone who has read this page to send him a link and tell him to do something productive with his life.

It is notable that those who have deified casuals/boot boys on JKB in the past are absent here. If one positive thing is to come out of this shocking incident then may be it will force those who are (or have previously been) involved in such activity to re-evaluate both their actions and position.

Absolutely shocking. I wish I had never read that now as it has put a wee downer on me like. RIP Brice.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's a shocking story but I don't really agree with the comparisons to British casuals.

These feckers dont mess about and life isn't obviously of much value to them. In Britain it's usually a wee bounce up and down on your toes while shouting threats from behind a line of police. If you're lucky you might get a 5 minute scrap but these guys are on a different planet.

Think it's more of a 'scene' thing here while in Eastern Europe it's all about the violence and territory. Really brutal characters.

It's a shocking story but I don't really agree with the comparisons to British casuals.

These feckers dont mess about and life isn't obviously of much value to them. In Britain it's usually a wee bounce up and down on your toes while shouting threats from behind a line of police. If you're lucky you might get a 5 minute scrap but these guys are on a different planet.

Think it's more of a 'scene' thing here while in Eastern Europe it's all about the violence and territory. Really brutal characters.

Heysel was sadly more than "a bounce up" and five minutes was all that took.

Heysel was sadly more than "a bounce up" and five minutes was all that took.

I was referring more to how it is these days.

I was referring more to how it is these days.

Like murder and culpable homicide, assault is also a criminal offence and causes both hurt and damage to its victim who need not necessarily be another hooligan.

Like murder and culpable homicide, assault is also a criminal offence and causes both hurt and damage to its victim who need not necessarily be another hooligan.

Thanks for that. You learn something new everyday. :nah:

I can't see where I've justified hooliganism, I'm just pointing out it's a different world in certain parts of Europe.

Horrible story and as people have mentioned the pictures are so alike the Bulldog in Zagreb and the surrounding areas that it is so easy to relate to.

There was over 20 Serb thugs attacking the Toulouse fans and only 3 were injured including Bruce. So these guys ran in and obviously just picked on a very small group, clearly no interest in any fighting just causing the most amount of injury possible. One word...Cowards.

RIP Bruce

Thanks for that. You learn something new everyday. :nah:

I can't see where I've justified hooliganism, I'm just pointing out it's a different world in certain parts of Europe.

Whilst conveying that British-style hooliganism in recent times is little more than high jinks and exuberance when it regarded by those on the receiving end as being the opposite.

What a sad story.. Pointless loss of a young life..

I hope the people responsible for his murder are caught and punished!

RIP

BRICE

This is 1st degree Murder these thugs should be caught and jailed for life, What a tragic waste of human life.

The family must be devasteted my thoughts are with them.

Such a sad story, and just goes to show how pointless hooliganism is and how far it can go :19:

It's exactly where hatred takes you.

I was in The Diggers a few years back on the night it was attacked by a bunch of Hibs yobs who threw lumps of broken concrete paving slabs at the windows. All that saved some of the folk in the bar from serious injury was the laminated glass in the windows.

Those nutters were fired up on the mutual hatred that exisits between elements of the support on both sides.

That hatred is encouraged indirectly by the careless use of inflammatory language and widespread use of the 'hate' word on this board and elsewhere, especially from those who should no better to set a good example. There are people who are easily influenced by careless use of inflammatory language.

What happened in Belgrade was the ultimate manifestation of this which resulted in the death of this poor young guy.

RIP Brice.

always a jambo

A very shocking and sad story. I have NEVER understood why "fans" just go looking for a fight.

This guy was just over to watch his team and was set upon by a mob.

The scary thing is it could happen to anyone.

I see very little correlation with hooliganism as we know it. This is murder, quite possibly to do with racism/xenophobia in a region that still has a lot of issues.

Whatever it is, it's tragic.

Archived