Well that`s it then, Give the English hooligans the trophy now...

Walter Bishop

south africa's winter time isn't exactly 'a bit parky'. god knows what the boy was on about.

You've never been to Jo'Burg then!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am delighted England have qualified.The look on Ian Wright's face when then get horsed out is a picture.He is almost as gutted as Alan Hansen!!!

Being serious though England will not win it.They are a good team but are not in the class of Spain or Brazil.Didn't Spain spank them in a friendly not so long ago?

Quarter's as usual then get knocked out by Germany on pens.Hopefully!!!

And every tournament, I get to sit back and watch some fantastic football with great players playing at thebest of their game.....and not a 40-year-old virgin Tartan Army ****** in sight!

THAT'S joy.

Yes, watching some of the best Teams in the World will be great. Watching Quarter Finalists Humping our Southern Neighbours will also be great because that is the way things will work out.

Come the Semi Finals not a BNP virgin will be in sight.

AlphonseCapone

Being a proud Scot, I'd be happy to see England win it. And I really think they will, a small wager with the bookies I think. Capello is a top manager who has them believing, I don't think they'll "bottle" it next year.

I'm not too fussed who wins it as long as there is some cracking games eh fitba'. But I would like to see England do well, as well as Northern Ireland and the Republic if any of them get there. Don't think Wales can qualify now.

Other contenders of course are Brazil, Italy, Germany and Argentina, who I think will come good.

Possibly controversly, I think Holland and Spain will have poor tournements. But no doubt I'll be proven wrong :10900:

Not sure why people think that Argentina have any chance. Even if they make it to the finals - which is by no means certain - they have an awful defence, relatively speaking.

I - as ever - will enjoy England getting dumped out of the tournament.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Kind of like us and Hibs then? ;-)

I like watching England in major tournaments - I don't understand when football fans incessantly watch Sky Premiership games but when the home-born players come together for England, the hatred switch is turned on?!

If there was genuine contempt for them, the Premiership would receive no viewers north of the border (apart from those who also support Holland)

Same here mate. I thoroughly enjoy watching them play every week so why would I pretend to hate them for no reason?!

I agree. Trouble is, the World Cup's being played next summer - and is in another continent.

Entirely unofficial and essentially pointless world rankings according to, er, me:

1. Brazil 5/1

2. Spain 4.8/1

3. England 6.6/1

4. Holland 13.5/1

5. Italy 13.5/1

6. Argentina 10.5/1

7. Germany 12.5/1

8. Russia 33/1

9. France 26/1

10. Portugal 33/1

NB. These rankings are based in part on a side's potential. If Argentina, France or Portugal qualify, you can't rule them out, however much they're struggling at the moment; so I have them above other currently more consistent teams whose ceiling of potential is considerably lower.

Your pretty close to Betfairs odds.

Holland and Italy look like the value bets to me

Archived