Annoying computer problem for which there must be a simple fix...

Boof

Morning collective wisdom of JKB.

When dandering through JKB on the laptop I used to use the arrow keys to go up and down through a thread. Now, for some frustrating reason, when I press the down arrow it takes me straight to the bottom of the page. I realise I must've done something - and I don't really mind what it was I did - but can anyone tell me a simple way to sort it out.

Yeah, I could connect a mouse with a scroll wheel but the arrow keys are already there and they used to do what I want.

Thanks in advance.

Radioactive Mince

When dandering through JKB on the laptop I used to use the arrow keys to go up and down through a thread. Now, for some frustrating reason, when I press the down arrow it takes me straight to the bottom of the page. I realise I must've done something - and I don't really mind what it was I did - but can anyone tell me a simple way to sort it out.

Yeah, I could connect a mouse with a scroll wheel but the arrow keys are already there and they used to do what I want.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm Sorry, I can't really help with your problem but it sounds a bit of a 'mare.

Have you tried using Home (top of screen), End (bottom of screen), Pg Up (page up) & Pg Dn (page down :))? That's how I tend to use my laptop when browsing. I used to use the arrows but it's a slow way of doing it.

Mince

Thanks in advance.

Never heard of this before Boof - maybe a function that has been enabled in your web browser? See here:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=39797

Archived