Warning for Scotland fans

Notorious BIG

I was at that game and i'm a huge Scotland fan, but.....

some of the tartan tossers around me were booing the Lithuanian national anthem and there were all sorts of anti-hearts shouts before the Miko incident.

I could have strangled Miko that day but he was getting dogs abuse before the dive.

Correct.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jambomickey
The anti hearts abuse started long before Miko was fouled in the box. And even if he did dive :stuart: did he deserve the racist abuse he got? You and your ilk really showed yourselfs up that day. No true hearts supporter would associate themselves with the disgusting treatment of Miko in the aftermath of that match.

It's sickening that we still live in an age that it can be swepped below the carpet.

And obviously a hibs player diving to win a penalty would annoy me, it annoyed me at the Scotland Lithunia match but you won't remember Junkie's tumble. Sweep sweep

i agree with you if there was racist abuse that's out of order.

Guest jambomickey
I was at that game and i'm a huge Scotland fan, but.....

some of the tartan tossers around me were booing the Lithuanian national anthem and there were all sorts of anti-hearts shouts before the Miko incident.

I could have strangled Miko that day but he was getting dogs abuse before the dive.

booing the national anthem was a disgrace.

i've seen Miko recieve worse abuse from home fans at Tynecastle then he got at the Scotland Lithuania match.

You're just being silly now. :43:

lol

i've seen Miko recieve worse abuse from home fans at Tynecastle then he got at the Scotland Lithuania match.

Nonsense. lol

lol

I don't think that's true either.

I remember Miko getting a fair bit of abuse from the Hearts support when he got red-carded at Easter Rd. but even that wasn't close to the abuse he got at Hampden.

Any way, I think Scotland will win 2-0, James McFadden will score, some of the tartan army will boo the Madeconian national anthem, Goran Pandev will be the best player on the park and everyone will have a great night celebrating in the Glasgow rain. :smiley2:

Guest Dipped Flake

What has all this got to do with the OP??????

Anyway, to anyone who supports our country, have a great day out on Saturday, whether at the game or watching in the pub. Still think we will win but get cuffed by Holland but that will,of course, not stop me supporting the lads....

You're just being silly now. :43:

I'd post some examples but the swear filter wouldn't allow it.

How exactly would you know anyway since you remind us every international week that you no longer follow the Scottish national team?

I don't think that's true either.

I remember Miko getting a fair bit of abuse from the Hearts support when he got red-carded at Easter Rd. but even that wasn't close to the abuse he got at Hampden.

I never heard anything beyond the usual insults an opposition player would recieve at Hampden. The only difference was it was focussed on Miko as opposed to the team in general. Most likely because he was a player the majority of fans in attendance spend 4 weekends a year abusing anyway.

I've also heard Miko called a ****, a useless ****er and been told to **** off home by home fans at Tynecastle.

I never heard anything beyond the usual insults an opposition player would recieve at Hampden. The only difference was it was focussed on Miko as opposed to the team in general. Most likely because he was a player the majority of fans in attendance spend 4 weekends a year abusing anyway.

I've also heard Miko called a ****, a useless ****er and been told to **** off home by home fans at Tynecastle.

For some reason, he did seem to get singled out in that game, even before the dive. He played extremely well that day as well which obviously wound the Scotland fans up even more. That day reminded me of how good Miko could be when he wanted to be.

MacDonald Jardine
what would you say if a hibs player dived like miko against hearts? he was a disgrace that game.

Is that a valid comparison?

Our biggest rivals have a player who dives to win a penalty and you equate that with Miko playing for his country against ours?

For some reason, he did seem to get singled out in that game, even before the dive. He played extremely well that day as well which obviously wound the Scotland fans up even more. That day reminded me of how good Miko could be when he wanted to be.

I suppose it depends on your agenda. You could argue Miko recieved more abuse due to an anti-Hearts feeling in the Tartan Army.

I'd put it down to the same reason Scott McDonald would get more abuse if Scotland played Australia though.

For the record I go to most home Scotland games and some away and have never had any bother beyond what you would expect banter wise for being a Hearts fan. A lot of the guys I go along with are Hearts fans as well.

I suppose it depends on your agenda. You could argue Miko recieved more abuse due to an anti-Hearts feeling in the Tartan Army.

I'd put it down to the same reason Scott McDonald would get more abuse if Scotland played Australia though.

For the record I go to most home Scotland games and some away and have never had any bother beyond what you would expect banter wise for being a Hearts fan. A lot of the guys I go along with are Hearts fans as well.

I think you could be right on all counts.

That game v Lithuania is the only game i've ever had any bother with anti-Hearts sentiment within the TA. It's in no way a regular occurrance. I had to tell some bloke to give it a rest although in slightly less pleasant terms as he was really, really annoying me.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, some real crime takes place.

Gotta love the cops, pretending to fight crime, actually being very crap at doing so.

I think you'll find the solved rate of what you'd call serious crime is well over 90%

I think you'll also find that excessive drinking plays a major part in most serious crimes of a violent nature, so taking some minorly inconvenient steps to reduce that threat, as a crime prevention measure, is worthwhile IMO.

You have a few beers, you go to the game, no problem. I dare say that describes most guys. The problems come from the relatively low perecentage who get rat arsed, mouthy, cocky and aggressive and thats no feckin use to anyone trying to handle a crowd of over 50,000. Unfortunately the action required impacts on the majority who can have a bevvy without feeling the need to cut someones face open afterwards.

I think you'll find the solved rate of what you'd call serious crime is well over 90%

I think you'll also find that excessive drinking plays a major part in most serious crimes of a violent nature, so taking some minorly inconvenient steps to reduce that threat, as a crime prevention measure, is worthwhile IMO.

You have a few beers, you go to the game, no problem. I dare say that describes most guys. The problems come from the relatively low perecentage who get rat arsed, mouthy, cocky and aggressive and thats no feckin use to anyone trying to handle a crowd of over 50,000. Unfortunately the action required impacts on the majority who can have a bevvy without feeling the need to cut someones face open afterwards.

Good Post

But most of these bevvied t0ssers then booed EGGERT JONNSON onto Hampden when making his Iceland debut. A fact that seems to have gone unnoticed on here.

more boring pish on this thread from the anti scotland brigade, same crap everytime a game comes about. :qqb017:

correct my pedigree chum.

If people have a problem with the TA then fine, but is there really any need to go on ad nauseum everytime a game comes about?

I've been to quite a few scotland games with the TA and whilst I agree that (just like our own support) there is the odd tosser unfortunately - the vast majority are perfectly reasonable lads who are just out for a good time and watch some footie. As far as p!ssing in the street goes, yeah - it's not very pleasant but if you have thousands of people in a small place without a decent number of handy toilets what do you expect?

I was over in Amsterdam for the Holland game and in 5 days the only bit of trouble I seen was some bloke in a kilt and some bloke not in a kilt down an alley with each other by the throat. And, incidentally, in the big party in 'Dam Square, which easily had about 3-4000+ in it, the atmosphere was superb - singing and dancing with the locals, football in the street, pipes, the works.

And another thing, if we are such a bad crowd why, may I ask, that when we played Italy in Bari a few years ago did the town mayor let the pub/bar owners keep there places open as long as they see fit?

Guest Dipped Flake
Good Post

But most of these bevvied t0ssers then booed EGGERT JONNSON onto Hampden when making his Iceland debut. A fact that seems to have gone unnoticed on here.

Now that is just too much....imagine fans booing an opposition player when he comes on, you would never get that at Tynecastle:nah:

Booing Hearts players and booing Rangers players. You know what kind of reputation our support has in Scotland. It's all starting to look like the tartan army are a bunch of separatists/nationalists and we are not welcome.

The anti hearts abuse started long before Miko was fouled in the box. And even if he did dive :stuart: did he deserve the racist abuse he got? You and your ilk really showed yourselfs up that day. No true hearts supporter would associate themselves with the disgusting treatment of Miko in the aftermath of that match.

It's sickening that we still live in an age that it can be swepped below the carpet.

And obviously a hibs player diving to win a penalty would annoy me, it annoyed me at the Scotland Lithunia match but you won't remember Junkie's tumble. Sweep sweep

Scotland's support has SOME tossers, as does Hearts' (one of the biggest IMHO is on this thread!) Have you ever seen some of the jokers who masquerade as Jambo's in foreign lands???

The SFA couldn't run a pish up in a brewery, the people upstairs at Hearts don't exactly cover themselves in glory.

Both teams are full of overpaid under-achievers.

There are probably many more similarities in the shortcomings of our country and our club than the above but I will always be an ardent supporter of both.

Onto the Lithuania game...

...Miko's punishment was for deceiving the referee. He dived and got a penalty. Garry O'Connor dived and NEVER got a free kick, it was dealt with at the time by the ref, hence why Miko was punished and GO'C was not. He should have been booked but then so should Carew in Oslo when Steven Caldwell challenged him which would have meant a red for Carew and almost certainly a whole different attitude from the TA going into this weekend's game.

One thing I think we are ALL united on is the press treatment of Miko which was a total and utter disgrace. I've no beef with Scotland fans for not liking him (why should they?) but some people who should know better absolutely crucified him while kissing Nakamura's (the biggest diver I've seen in recent years) arse!

Oh and FTR I do not boo national anthems. I don't wear a kilt or a see you Jimmy hat. I do like a bevvy pre-Scotland (more so than pre-Hearts for some reason) and I have pee'd ootside (discreetly I hasten to add). Anything else? I simply want to go along and support the eleven guys representing my team of choice no matter how scheidt they are. I suspect tens of thousands will be just like me tomorrow but if one or two make a shop front of themselves, guess who we'll be reading about?

Oh and thanks to the OP for the heads up. It's never been my bag to sneak drink into places but I'll make sure the guys I'm going with are well aware of the clampdown. They've been going to clampdown for a couple of years now but I believe the behaviour of WOMEN at the recent Take That concert has made this a priority for this game.

I'll be at Hampden on Saturday and Wednesday...I'll be at Murrayfield for all the internationals...I'll be at Tynecastle for all the home games. I'll guarantee you there will be moron's at all 3 stadiums. Thats life?

Incidentally: you can drink at Murrayfield for internationals.

Just a word of advice for any Scotland fans travelling throught from Edinburgh on coaches. The cops use the cameras at the lights at Hermiston Gait where you join the M8 to spot people drinking on the bus. They then pull those coaches in at Harthill. So if you're bevvying on the bus hide your cans from view when at Hermiston Gait.

I'll be there tomorrow. Beer and breakfast at mine at 8, train from the Pans at half 9 then on the first available train to Glasgow. Not a 'see you Jimmy' hat between us. Enjoy.

Just a word of advice for any Scotland fans travelling throught from Edinburgh on coaches. The cops use the cameras at the lights at Hermiston Gait where you join the M8 to spot people drinking on the bus. They then pull those coaches in at Harthill. So if you're bevvying on the bus hide your cans from view when at Hermiston Gait.

I'll be there tomorrow. Beer and breakfast at mine at 8, train from the Pans at half 9 then on the first available train to Glasgow. Not a 'see you Jimmy' hat between us. Enjoy.

Is that an invitation?

I'm intending to be crawling out of my bed at 9am to make the train after another hard nightshift, but if I'm up like Zebedee at about 7.30am as I usually am on Scotland days you just never know...

... downside is that unfortunately I'm like Bagpuss at about 7.30pm.

The tartan army are better when bevied up, so the cops etc are ruining our chances on saturday, or whenever it is Scotland are playing; don't really give a feck about the national team anymore.

Guest Dipped Flake
Booing Hearts players and booing Rangers players. You know what kind of reputation our support has in Scotland. It's all starting to look like the tartan army are a bunch of separatists/nationalists and we are not welcome.

In a recent poll on a Scotland fans site, the biggest percentage of fans who support Scotland were rangers fans. The only rangers players who have been booed at any Scotland game I have been at, while playing for Scotland, were Ferguson and Mcgregor and with good reason. The only Hearts player I ahve ever heard being booed was Miko, an opposition player. Also, on a famous night in Paris at the World Cup, Sean Connery was booed when he started going on about Independence. The vast majority of Scotland fans go to support our country and care not one bit about politics, unlike many posters on this board.

Not when Scotland are playing.

My mate in the Polis told me that drinking on public transport is fine unless on the way to a sporting event.

I'm willing to bet they wouldn't take your Pimm's off you if you were going to the Tennis though.

mulleted_jambo

I can't understand why people let a few idiots at the sfa and a small portion of the fans doing something the dont agree with spoil their enjoyment of watching Scotland.

Have you ever seen any Hearts players playing FOR Scotland getting booed????? I suspect the answer to this is no. Every team/country boo's opposing players I'd prefer it didn't happen to Hearts players but it will.

Do you think at a Scotalnd game if say Dean Sheils came on for NI or McGeady came on for Ireland they would not get booed either???? Of course they would.

So can we stop this whole " the tartan army hate hearts" thing as it's a bit bored and paranoid.

Rant over:th_o:

My mate in the Polis told me that drinking on public transport is fine unless on the way to a sporting event.

I'm willing to bet they wouldn't take your Pimm's off you if you were going to the Tennis though.

It's a bye-law thing i'm sure - like drinking in a public place. I've been shedded loads of times on trains, will be doing it this afternoon in fact! But if you get to the stage where u are being anti-social then you cn get charged with drunk & disorderly even if it's not technically illegal to be drunk where you are.

miko was a disgrace that game.

And O'Connor?

Tell me, what do you think of Craig Gordon's claim about the Scottish support if one of their own dived to win them qualification?

Oh, and while you're at it, what was your opinion of the Tartan Idiots booing my, and their own, countries national anthem last August?

Guest Dipped Flake
And O'Connor?

Tell me, what do you think of Craig Gordon's claim about the Scottish support if one of their own dived to win them qualification?

Oh, and while you're at it, what was your opinion of the Tartan Idiots booing my, and their own, countries national anthem last August?

It is not our countries national anthem. It is the national anthem of great britain. As has been pointed out more than a few times, their is no team gb in football, outside of the kiddies tournament in the upcoming olympics. The national anthem of Scotland, love it or hate it, is Flower of Scotland. I have no idea why Northern Ireland chooses not to have their own anthem but that is up to them. I would not have booed gstq at Hampden, whether it was England or NI playing but, I quite understand those that did. I roundly booed it when it was used as the Scottish anthem many years ago as did the vast majority of Scottish fans.

As for your bit about O'Connor and diving. I know you couldn't care less about the Scotland team but I thought even you would know that O'Connor played for Scotland that day; a bit of a hint here, we tend to support our team and boo the other team...

It is not our countries national anthem. It is the national anthem of great britain. As has been pointed out more than a few times, their is no team gb in football, outside of the kiddies tournament in the upcoming olympics. The national anthem of Scotland, love it or hate it, is Flower of Scotland. I have no idea why Northern Ireland chooses not to have their own anthem but that is up to them. I would not have booed gstq at Hampden, whether it was England or NI playing but, I quite understand those that did. I roundly booed it when it was used as the Scottish anthem many years ago as did the vast majority of Scottish fans.

As for your bit about O'Connor and diving. I know you couldn't care less about the Scotland team but I thought even you would know that O'Connor played for Scotland that day; a bit of a hint here, we tend to support our team and boo the other team...

So, you're telling me that the majority of the Tartan Army is hypocritical? They condone cheating as long as it's their own players who do it? thanks for clearing that up.

The national anthem for the UK is GSTQ, that much is stonewall fact. And, unless I'm very much mistaken, Scotland is still part of the UK, so it's their official national anthem. NI still use it as we respect the fact that we're part of the Union.

Good Post

Booing an opposition player! The audacity! Next we won't be applauding their goals in a dignified fashion.

Booing an opposition player! The audacity! Next we won't be applauding their goals in a dignified fashion.

I watched that game on TV, the only audible boo's you could hear from the home support were directed at Eggert.

So, you're telling me that the majority of the Tartan Army is hypocritical? They condone cheating as long as it's their own players who do it? thanks for clearing that up.

The national anthem for the UK is GSTQ, that much is stonewall fact. And, unless I'm very much mistaken, Scotland is still part of the UK, so it's their official national anthem. NI still use it as we respect the fact that we're part of the Union.

Why would a Scottish football team representing Scotland (not the United Kingdom) use the United Kingdom's national anthem?

I watched that game on TV, the only audible boo's you could hear from the home support were directed at Eggert.

I boo-ed pretty much every Iceland player that day.

I'll try be louder next time.

What other Icelandic players play in the SPL btw?

So, you're telling me that the majority of the Tartan Army is hypocritical? .

All football fans are hypocritical. Including, i'm sure, the Northern Irish.

If you're one of the tiny percentage who can view everything without bias then fair play to you. Doesn't sound a whole lot of fun though.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, some real crime takes place.

Gotta love the cops, pretending to fight crime, actually being very crap at doing so.

i know its ****ing ridiculous the Scotland fans are well known for there good behavior this stinks of over policing of a easily policed crowd dont see them cracking down on the drinking at glasgows four real hooligan days out

******s

What other Icelandic players play in the SPL btw?

That's completely irrelevant.

How many Scots play in Iceland?

Why would a Scottish football team representing Scotland (not the United Kingdom) use the United Kingdom's national anthem?

Because it's part of the United Kingdom.

Neither England nor Northern Ireland represent the United Kingdom in football, but they have no problems.

Not when the Scotland FOOTBALL team is playing!! Those rugger chaps can still get pished as they only have jolly japes and high jinks.:10900:

Alcohol bans in force on Scotrail trains when the Scottish rugby team plays at Murrayfield. You would be amazed at the amount of alcohol confiscated by the British Transport police at Haymarket station.

John

That's completely irrelevant.

How many Scots play in Iceland?

In what way is it irrelevant.

If Scotland played Rep of Ireland which Irish player do you think would get the worst 'treatment'.

When Scotland played Georgia, which Georgian player got the worst 'treatment'?

It's up to you what you believe. I've been to a whole lot of Scotland internationals and associated with scores of different fans. I've met fans from pretty much every club going. There are a tonne of good Hearts fans on this forum who also follow Scotland. These are the ones telling you there is no anti-Hearts feeling amongst Scotland fans. The only place i've even heard an accusation like that is on this forum and it seems to come from the same people each and every time.

Because it's part of the United Kingdom.

Neither England nor Northern Ireland represent the United Kingdom in football, but they have no problems.

But they aren't representing the United Kingdom. They're representing Scotland who are a seperate entity in footballing terms. It really is a no-brainer.

I don't have a problem with what Northern Ireland, England or Wales sing. Thats up to them.

In what way is it irrelevant.

If Scotland played Rep of Ireland which Irish player do you think would get the worst 'treatment'.

When Scotland played Georgia, which Georgian player got the worst 'treatment'?

It's up to you what you believe. I've been to a whole lot of Scotland internationals and associated with scores of different fans. I've met fans from pretty much every club going. There are a tonne of good Hearts fans on this forum who also follow Scotland. These are the ones telling you there is no anti-Hearts feeling amongst Scotland fans. The only place i've even heard an accusation like that is on this forum and it seems to come from the same people each and every time.

So, what has Eggert Jonsson done to deserve harsh treatment from the TA?

And why was the TA so up for booing the Lithuanian national anthem? Will they do similar on Saturday/Wednesday? Are they always that disrespectful, or will you admit there is an agenda?

At the risk of getting a ban. I had to sit next to you on a train from Dunfermline once and I formed(maybe harshly) an opinion at the time of you being a self gratifier. Nothing you have posted on this formum since I am glad to say has changed my mind.

John

At the risk of getting a ban. I had to sit next to you on a train from Dunfermline once and I formed(maybe harshly) an opinion at the time of you being a self gratifier. Nothing you have posted on this formum since I am glad to say has changed my mind.

John

And?

Is this you just fulfilling your duty to be as utterly pointless as possible?

Eckauskas

Guest Dipped Flake

Oh please, get a life. You have stated over and over you have no interest in Scotland but yet you and your unionist buddies come on to these threads to create arguments. On your bit about the tartan army being hypocritical; you are having a laugh here aren't you?????? Name me one set of fans in the world that do not have one set of rules for their players and another for the opposition. And I should also point out that O'Connor didn't get a penalty for his dive (I must admit I can't even remember seeing him dive but I am quite happy to accept he did), so the impact of this 'dive' was hardly the same as Mikos........

Anyway, my last post to you and your ilk on Scotland. I will be at Hampden supporting my country tomorrow and enjoying another great day out.

Guest Dipped Flake

John

Thanks for that John, made my day:10900: No more needs to be said

So, what has Eggert Jonsson done to deserve harsh treatment from the TA?

And why was the TA so up for booing the Lithuanian national anthem? Will they do similar on Saturday/Wednesday? Are they always that disrespectful, or will you admit there is an agenda?

He came onto the field against Scotland in an Iceland top.

And i've heard more than just the Lithuanian anthem be booed. The Italian one for example. Whats the agenda there?

Oh please, get a life. You have stated over and over you have no interest in Scotland but yet you and your unionist buddies come on to these threads to create arguments. On your bit about the tartan army being hypocritical; you are having a laugh here aren't you?????? Name me one set of fans in the world that do not have one set of rules for their players and another for the opposition. And I should also point out that O'Connor didn't get a penalty for his dive (I must admit I can't even remember seeing him dive but I am quite happy to accept he did), so the impact of this 'dive' was hardly the same as Mikos........

Anyway, my last post to you and your ilk on Scotland. I will be at Hampden supporting my country tomorrow and enjoying another great day out.

Unionist has to be the ****est 'insult' going :laugh: I notice it's only ever you that use it too.

So, you're, again, backing up my point that the Tartan Army were happily up their morality tree when Miko dived for his country, yet would happily accept a Scotland player doing similar, without the same repurcussions?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Archived