wallace mercer/gorgie road Picture request

bilstonjambo

bilstonjambo

Hi, Im looking for a little help here, does anyone have the picture of wallace mercer walking along the school end pitchside end possibly outside the shed pleading for calm amongst the hearts support, i would be grateful if someone could post it please.

cheers.

Nucky Thompson
Hi, Im looking for a little help here, does anyone have the picture of wallace mercer walking along the gorgie road pitchside end possibly outside the shed pleading for calm amongst the hearts support, i would be grateful if someone could post it please.

cheers.

I don't want to be picky but the Gorgie Road end was the opposite end to the shed.

Charlie-Brown

Years ago the Central Library in George IV bridge used to keep microfiche copies of the old Scotsman / Evening news / pink news / despatch newspapers and if you knew the dates could go and look up & read old match reports & photo's etc - later on for a fee you could print off copies ...... I'm not sure if they still do this and assume archive technology has moved on since then 80's/90's ....

portobellojambo1

I might be wrong but I think I've seen that picture online, possibly on the London Hearts website, although cannot be bothered going to look to check.

I don't want to be picky but the Gorgie Road end was the opposite end to the shed.

But then, all Hearts fans would know that, wouldn't they ? :whistling:

Hi, Im looking for a little help here, does anyone have the picture of wallace mercer walking along the school end pitchside end possibly outside the shed pleading for calm amongst the hearts support, i would be grateful if someone could post it please.

cheers.

The 1st Div Hearts v Motherwell game that descended into a riot on the terraces IIRC. Early 1980s. I can't remember the season but I was at the game at the School End when some nutter threw an iron bar at Mercer.

We lost and didn't go up.:43::57:

The 1st Div Hearts v Motherwell game that descended into a riot on the terraces IIRC. Early 1980s. I can't remember the season but I was at the game at the School End when some nutter threw an iron bar at Mercer.

We lost and didn't go up.:43::57:

sure it was this one

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/19820515.html

killie were stuffing QOS by 4 or 5 at half time, which meant even if we had drawn they would go up on GD and thats what sparked the fighting in the shed IIRC i was 11 at the time and just stood there open mouthed wacthing our own fans batter each other.....thought it was great at the time...is that wrong :10900::10900:

sure it was this one

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/19820515.html

killie were stuffing QOS by 4 or 5 at half time, which meant even if we had drawn they would go up on GD and thats what sparked the fighting in the shed IIRC i was 11 at the time and just stood there open mouthed wacthing our own fans batter each other.....thought it was great at the time...is that wrong :10900::10900:

I remember it well. At one stage there were 300 police officers in the stadium. They all had to drop what they were doing in far flung places like Bathgate and Haddington and come into town to assist at Tynecastle

I remember it well. At one stage there were 300 police officers in the stadium. They all had to drop what they were doing in far flung places like Bathgate and Haddington and come into town to assist at Tynecastle

aye they dont games like that any more......:stuart:

Archived