Vacancy For Right Back....(merged threads)

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

..Sorry the position has been filled. :smiley2:

The young lad Thomson was superb.

He has to be the first choice RB at the club from tonight.

His set pieces were pretty decent as well. :2thumbsup:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the striker spots should have been filled for a run of games also....

It was nonsense our youth players have been bombed out as much in the last 9 months or so.

The concern is that Csaba's stubborness sees Jonnson walk back into the team no matter how well Thomson does over the next 8 weeks

Against very good opposition he more than made his mark tonight.

Dunno if all the Zagreb players are huge, but he looked tiny compared to them.

Not the biggest but he played like a wee terrier and didn't shy away from a challenge

definately has to be # 1 right back from now, not to mention set piece taker

Clerry Jambo

Only caught the 2nd half but the lad looked confident and comfortable on the baw...........he must get a run which he surely will with our injuries.

Footballfirst
Against very good opposition he more than made his mark tonight.

Dunno if all the Zagreb players are huge, but he looked tiny compared to them.

He might be physically small but he has a huge heart and an attitude to go with it.

Big_Hearts_Runner

Agree but he is young so won't play like this every game. Some great set piece deliveries too! Hopefully the fans will be patient but defo first choice RB for foreseeable future.

Eggert is not a RB anyway, would like to see him pressure Ruben for a place in the middle!

David McCaig

Begs the question why did it take an injury to Eggert for Craig to get his chance.

We can probably write another ?10M off the debt at some point in the next 3 years, sometimes you just know when a player has something special.

OnePaulHartley

Agreed the guy played extremely well, strong in the tackle, wasn't slow in getting up the wing to support and his delivery was pretty good. Give him a run in the team.

The boy was great tonight.

I think it's safe to say that he did better then Eggy would have done.

Trust in youth, Mr Lazlo (or whoever our manager will be)

Charlie-Brown
Agree but he is young so won't play like this every game. Some great set piece deliveries too! Hopefully the fans will be patient but defo first choice RB for foreseeable future.

Eggert is not a RB anyway, would like to see him pressure Ruben for a place in the middle!

He does play like that every game - he only knows how to play one way & that's totally commited & bombing forward - his set-pieces have always been good - also scored a number of free kicks & penalties last season - the kids got a very good shot - scored 9 goals in the U19 league last season from right back plus he also scored in friendlies & the reserves - think he was 2nd top youth scorer after Cowan.

Charlie-Brown
Begs the question why did it take an injury to Eggert for Craig to get his chance.

We can probably write another ?10M off the debt at some point in the next 3 years, sometimes you just know when a player has something special.

Aston Villa have been tracking him for a long time, could have signed professional for them but chose us instead.

Just back, and thought he was superb. Also, when suso beat about 4 players. OMFG i loved it.

David McCaig
Aston Villa have been tracking him for a long time, could have signed professional for them but chose us instead.

The best thing is that his performance wasnt a bolt from the blue - some good scouting work from yourself and JamboinGlasgow!!!!!

I look forward to you both identifying our 20-goal a season striker now.

Footballfirst
The best thing is that his performance wasnt a bolt from the blue - some good scouting work from yourself and JamboinGlasgow!!!!!

I look forward to you both identifying our 20-goal a season striker now.[/QUOTE]

He's still a bit young yet, but put a punt on it being Jamie Walker, albeit Gordon Smith might do it this season between friendlies, U19s and Reserve games.

Son Of Anarchy

Full credit to the lad.I was surprised how small he was but he towered over a much better class of player tonight.WELL DONE CT

The lad had an excellent match.

Nobody got past him tonight.

His set pieces were decent, put 2 great crosses in, one which Obua knocked across for Glen which he laid onto Stewart who was very unlucky not to score and his freekick which he curled into the back post for Bouzid who could've done better.

He made a couple of excellent tackles and I don't think he gave away a foul.

Definately one for the future, maybe the performances of Thomson and Glen will be the catalyst for more young players being trusted to step up into the first team.

TyphoonJambo

Heart of a lion tonight but lets not wright of our Icelandic mate. He's just being played out of position. Heart just need,sorry if this makes it sound too simple Vlad, a strong running, hard basrsteward (Hatelyesq) type bloke to play alongside Glen and we then both Thompson and Glen willbe worth a bloody packet.

Just back from Tynie.

The wee man was brilliant, it's refreshing to have a full-back who's desperate to whip it into the box. Excellent.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What a player the boy is going to be. Absolutely chuffed for him, must have been massive pressure.

Get Eggy in midfield and let him shine.

markletissier

my man of the match for tonights game. i can see why a lot of you hold him in such high regard.

portobellojambo1

Can only echo what others have said, he looked very comfortable at right back, and deserves a prolonged run in the side now to establish himself.

The Old Tolbooth

Absolutely superb from the wee man, he did everything right, everything that Eggert and Robbie struggle to do, surely to god that position has to be his from now on, although with Nade somehow still getting a game I wouldn't be so sure.

Hungry hippo

Well done Craig. Fantastic delivery at set pieces and good debut.

Think everyone is getting bit carried away saying he was MOTM (same happened with Fleck at Rangers) but then again fair enough as we need a bit of a boost at the moment. He had a couple poor first touches but I hope that was just nerves.

Exciting prospect and deserves a run in the team.

Seymour M Hersh
The lad had an excellent match.

Nobody got past him tonight.

His set pieces were decent, put 2 great crosses in, one which Obua knocked across for Glen which he laid onto Stewart who was very unlucky not to score and his freekick which he curled into the back post for Bouzid who could've done better.

He made a couple of excellent tackles and I don't think he gave away a foul.

Definately one for the future, maybe the performances of Thomson and Glen will be the catalyst for more young players being trusted to step up into the first team.

Personally I think he's one for now!!!

Not getting at you but I hate to see that phrase used about a debutant player who has just kept a 10 miliion Euro player in his back pocket for 90 minutes AND had the time to cause the oposition all sorts of problems with his delivery. This was a team that tore our defence up for erse paper just a week ago.

Write the laddies name down on the team sheet right now for the next 6 weeks. He is ready. His future has arrived. The boy was brilliant IMO.

Toxteth O'Grady

After the first 10 mins when he was a bit nervous and looking to pass the ball back to the keeper every time he got it, he settled into his game well and didn't look out of place at all.

He defended and used the ball well and I can only see him getting better as he gets more games under his belt.

Just shows that a youngster played in their correct position is probably a better option than a more experienced player playing out of position.

Well done Thommo

Chad Sexington
Not getting at you but I hate to see that phrase used about a debutant player who has just kept a 10 miliion Euro player in his back pocket for 90 minutes AND had the time to cuase the oposition all sorts of problems with his delivery. This was a team that tore our defence up for erse paper just a week ago.

Write the laddies name down on the team sheet right now for the next 6 weeks. He is ready. His future has arrived. The boy was brilliant IMO.

100% agree.

For me the performance of CT coupled with the rebirth of Jose have made me a very happy man tonight.

Jamboman1512
Was my MOM tonight,big Jose a close 2nd !! Well Done Craig Thomson !!

Gotta agree with you there, Goncalves was brilliant but Thomson was outstanding. Keeps playing like that and the young man has a very bright future ahead of him. Well done lad.

Thought he done well - like to see a few other young players introduced over the course of this season (although wasn't convinced by the young striker - although he was at least able to jump off the ground - unlike Nade).

Charlie-Brown

His parents & family can be proud of him tonight and especially his grandad who's a massive jambo & has been going to games for as long as I can remember. :)

I think Goncalves shaded it over thomson. but he did great at right back, making the opposition do all the work and getting himself in to good positions.

Only mistakes he made were when he tried to run the ball out of the box, but then we were really chasing goals

he was superb.

why hasn't he been in before?

csaba needs to urgently review his policy to young players if you ask me. he's maybe not as infallible as some would have you think.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

His excellent crossing ability will net us a few more goals this season.

Him and Wallace on either side has got me touching myself.

Jose and Zal in the middle and we have a tasty defence.

Had an Absolutely brilliant game:2thumbsup: can see him doing a good job for us this season, he must be our no.1 choice for RB now, he was miles better the Jonsson .

heartsfc_fan

Craig Thomson looked like he had been playing the games for years after his assured performance tonight. Well done!

Also, have we finally found a set piece taker? :)

Buffalo Bill

Well played to the young lad. He did very well on a big night.

But let's still get behind Jonsson who is one of our own too.

Eggy's had a tough start to the season but we need to keep backing him back to top form even if he comes right into the team again.

Chad Sexington
Well played to the young lad. He did very well on a big night.

But let's still get behind Jonsson who is one of our own too.

Eggy's had a tough start to the season but we need to keep backing him back to top form even if he comes right into the team again.

Eggy shouldn't be anywhere near the RB position, imo.

CornhillHearts
His parents & family can be proud of him tonight and especially his grandad who's a massive jambo & has been going to games for as long as I can remember. :)

Spoke to his faither Davie on the way out tonight and he was as proud as punch

Eggy shouldn't be anywhere near the RB position, imo.

correct.

csaba will do his rep a lot of harm if he insists on putting jonsson back to RB when he comes back.

csaba, don't stifle this young lad. he's a breath of fresh air and a natural in the position.

give the young lads their chance and you are on to a winner.

A class above anyone I have seen at right back for a very long time.

His awareness , attitude, work ethic are exceptional. The laddie can play as well and without a doubt we should have had someone gambling to get on the end of his deliveries. He is definitely the business, I just hope he has got a good steadying influence around him.

Archived