what car do you drive?

Dandyman

Was just wondering what car my fellow Jambos drive and how they rate

I drive a X plate Vauxhall Astra Bertone coupe, the performance is first class and it looks and goes like a sports car

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a series of "quick" cars...... my latest "sensible" option is an 08 Fiesta ST.

Positively slow in comparision to my previous efforts, but it does what it say son the tin and it can provide fun when it needs to, whilst remaining practical.

Car history goes like so:

Rover 25

Toyota mr2 mk2 (the ferrari lookalike one)

Nissan 200sx

Mazda mx3 (been my summer project for the last 3 yrs and very close to being put through its 1st mot!)

Best one was the mr2, was only 19 when i bought it, the 200sx was tres rapid, would beat an impreza in a straight line.

this_is_my_story
I drive a X plate Vauxhall Astra Bertone coupe, the performance is first class and it looks and goes like a sports car

That very quote could have came straight from the mouth of Alan Partridge, brilliant!

renault scenic 54 plate, perfect for me as i am 6'5 also for the wife and 2 kids.

i have never had any problems with the car(fingers crossed).

i would never own a renualt again had a megane, had all sorts of problems with it mostly the ignition coils kept blowing at ?60.00 a pop

i would never own a renualt again had a megane, had all sorts of problems with it mostly the ignition coils kept blowing at ?60.00 a pop

this is my 2nd renault my first one was a m reg laguna very comfy car, again no real problems with that either, other than the heater would not work on the rear window and new brake pipes.:2thumbsup:

I'm currently driving a yellow Suzuki Alto with black flames up the sides and few wee pink flowers on it. If you're lucky I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.

I don't really fit inside it, it's about the same size as a dodgem car and I'm 6'2" and about 21 stone.

One of these bad boys (I have the mk1, which is almost exactly the same as this mk2):

Hyundai%20Coupe(Side).jpg

The wench wouldn't sanction a Toyota MR2, so the Hyundai Coupe was the compromise! I love it though.

An Astra 1.6 nearly 2 years old now. Before that I always owned Clios and if it were not for hating the Megane I'd have probably bought another. I love my Vauxhall though..for a family car it's pretty good :10900:

Radioactive Mince

Golf Mk2 & Mk3 + Honda 125cc Learnermotorcyclingmachine (soon to be sold and replaced by something bigger :))

*** FTMFW (CG125 FTMFSlowness)

Mince

Private Hudson

Suzuki Swift Sport. Great wee warm hatch that peshes on the Mini and is cheaper by a mile. Unfortunately it has a wheel size that no other car on the planet has so is a nightmare getting replacement tyres.SuzukiSwiftSport.jpg

After a series of "quick" cars...... my latest "sensible" option is an 08 Fiesta ST.

Positively slow in comparision to my previous efforts, but it does what it say son the tin and it can provide fun when it needs to, whilst remaining practical.

You think the ST is slow? Mines goes like sh*t off a shovel. What car did you have before?

'93 RX7 Type-R:

Mazda_RX7.jpg

Light (1260kg) + powerful (307bhp) = :10900: :10900:

oh, and as it's registered as a 1300cc cheap on tax too!

Riht, Back to Normal cars...I hate driving and know Fek All about cars.

I have a Citreon Xara Picasso, X Reg!It's a good size for The wife and 2 kids, And (Touch wood) has not been a problem in the 4 years I've had it!

I am however thinking of getting something else...I don't know what, the wife hasn't told me yet!! :smiley2:

Sexton Hardcastle

Clio 182.

When theres no problems with it its a joy to drive. Begining to spend more and more on it though. Exhaust next up. 400 odd blabs to find

849.jpg

I drive a Nissan Note Blue, nice wee car 56 plate got it new back then in 2006...trading it for another new Reg in Sept

2aa77a1de9fe183c_thumb.jpg

Currently a Renault Megane. It was my Mum's and she bought a new car so I got it for free. Im still getting stung on the insurance just now as this will be my first year fully comp and im only 21. Hopefully it will come down next year.

The problem with the engine coils going is common in Renaults I think, well certainly the Megane. It has not happened for a while but it is expensive a pain to get fixed when it does happen. Other than that it runs fairly well, although it has done a lot of miles. Will see what happens with my working situation for the next while but at the moment not thinking of changing.

Victor Mancini

i had a white citreon berlingo van but it was written off last thurs whilst racing home for the game, an engine component burst through its casing destroying the engine and smashing the gearbox...........

called a few friends on the side of the motorway to get a tow(no roadside recovery:43:), sorted a tow and thought, feck it i'll run the battery out listening to the mighty HMFC on radio celtic eh i mean scotland.

switched it on in time to hear the first go in and listened to us get pumped whilst dragging my van from barnton junction to portobello road.

and the morale of this story is

"if i'd got my finger oot and went to croatia it'd never have happened....."

Honda CRV 2.2 diesel sport easy get 47mpg and its comfy and plenty of room for the dog. Previous car Citroen c4 1.6 i loved this car, about as powerful as a scooter though and not the best in deepish snow.

My current car:

IMG_0021.JPG

(currently saving up for road tax !)

Jaguar 4.0 litre V8, XJS Sport :thumb:

Mini one, red with white stripes! first car and I love it! have to admit i do have the wee hearts scarf in the back window! tacky i no.. but has to be done! :stuart:

Honda CRV 2.2 diesel sport easy get 47mpg and its comfy and plenty of room for the dog. Previous car Citroen c4 1.6 i loved this car, about as powerful as a scooter though and not the best in deepish snow.

Snap Honda CRV .Had Ford Ranger before

One of these but in the old shape and it goes like shecht off a stick too, superb to drive.

ford-mondeo-titanium-x-2.jpg

I have the car in the above picture, in thunder grey minus the rear diffuser and twin exhausts.

Archived