Werder Bremen , Everton ,Heerenveen , Dyn Zagreb ,PFC Litex

Csaba's Broon Shoes

the windae cleaner

ive had a feeling in my gut were going to draw everton :15:

ticket scramble would be unbelievable

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We had this discussion when we drew Athens in the CL qualifier. Personally don't think it'll make a blind bit of difference.

*Edit, just had a look at the time, cannot believe how slow this morning is dragging on!

Tell me about it.

Day is dragging to absolute phook.

it's got to be PFC Litex to give us the best chance to get through. heerenveen would give us half a chance... no chance against the rest.

best of both worlds would be a trip to holland for heerenveen. good trip and a half chance.

Buffalo Bill

Would LOVE to get Everton. Remember: we've already knocked them out of one competition before, back in 1973.

The question I'd like to know is: what end would Borthers be sitting in?

Walter Bishop

If we draw Everton should me move home game to Murrayfield? ( I know we have spent all the money on Tynecastle but im thinking if we can maximise ticket sales etc for a game we realistically wont win we could make a fortune?

40-50 thousand at ?30 a ticket or 17 thousand at ?30 a ticket? I know what i`d choose!

the windae cleaner
Would LOVE to get Everton. Remember: we've already knocked them out of one competition before, back in 1973.

i really think we will draw them ..... would be a good sesh m8

chester copperpot

Add to that list Rob1874, Eddie Fenwick, Tedp1874 etc etc. As a Liverpool fan, I'd love it if we drew the 'Wee Team'.

Am I right in thinking that because we are in pot 1 we have got the highest seed from each respective sub-group of the draw

eg Werder are the top seed of the lot, Everton were the top seed of their sub-group etc??

the windae cleaner
If we draw Everton should me move home game to Murrayfield? ( I know we have spent all the money on Tynecastle but im thinking if we can maximise ticket sales etc for a game we realistically wont win we could make a fortune?

40-50 thousand at ?30 a ticket or 17 thousand at ?30 a ticket? I know what i`d choose!

naw m8 tynie all the way .. full house with lots of noise would put the wind right up them

Tynecastle every single time.

Thig Ar Latha
could have sworn i already spotted a thread about the europa draw somewhere...ah yeah, there it is at the top of the page with over a thousand posts...

Where a topic like this would be lost. This is a thread with specific information on the hopes of HMFC and deserves its own space. I have not looked at the Europa trhead since not long after it started.

chester copperpot
Am I right in thinking that because we are in pot 1 we have got the highest seed from each respective sub-group of the draw

eg Werder are the top seed of the lot, Everton were the top seed of their sub-group etc??

No it ran in a different order.

Summat like this

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

So we got the 1st, 16th, 17th, 32nd, 33rd seeds in our group (I think)

And on and on.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

NO.

chester copperpot

Ah but Tynie would give us the best chance of progressing, to the more lucrative group stages.

Tynie every time.

No it ran in a different order.

Summat like this

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

And on and on.

Fair dues

Ordered randomness

or

Randomly ordered

???

We had this discussion when we drew Athens in the CL qualifier. Personally don't think it'll make a blind bit of difference.

*Edit, just had a look at the time, cannot believe how slow this morning is dragging on!

I just text the exact same thing to the HeartsBlog. I feel as though I've been checking flights for ages. Got five different pages opened for flights!

:smash:

wow! I was in my mums belly at that time :) sure I heard my old man going mental though :D ah!!! the memories

Where a topic like this would be lost. This is a thread with specific information on the hopes of HMFC and deserves its own space. I have not looked at the Europa trhead since not long after it started.

Unsurprisingly, given that that thread was a build up to today's draw, all they chat in there now is the exact same as in here.

Everton all the way. Would love to go down there and see us put out the wee team of Merseyside! Even if I could'nt get a ticket Id still be going down for the banter. Its the cheapest option as well. Although Heerenveen would not be too bad either. I cant wait until the draw is made. The usual lunch half hour will be extended today. Bring on the draw!

assuming the inevitable mountain to climb of beating everton doesn't come off, it just seems like a real let down for our entire european 'campaign' to amount to a trip to bloody liverpool.

everton... MEH.

Francis Albert
Everton would give us more than enough. They would struggle to fill the ground so will probably give us about 10,000.

I'd ****ing love a trip down south with 10,000 Jambos.

Yep. I don't think we'd have any problem getting tickets for Lovech either.

Some people exaggerate Hearts drawing power as a European force!

On a slightly different tack, what's the chances Everton would play a second string team for a Europa League qualifier? Still be difficult though.

The People's Chimp
Excellent, where do I collect...

Can I just say, don't search for "chocolate watch" on google images with safe search off; at least not when you're at work.

here you go anyway.

choc-watches.jpg

Looks like being seeded would have been a great bonus,because for once most, if not all , unseeded teams looks beatable.

Pants Shaton
assuming the inevitable mountain to climb of beating everton doesn't come off, it just seems like a real let down for our entire european 'campaign' to amount to a trip to bloody liverpool.

everton... MEH.

96777.jpg

Excellent, don't tell them and they might not notice! I'll have PAOK or the mob that hammered Aberdeen.

I'll take St. Pats

The People's Chimp

This is a mind****. Or at least it would be if I hadn't made the decision, some time ago, to let it wash over me, whilst getting excited, but not think too much about it until we know who we've got and therefore hopefully stay sane.

The People's Chimp
Everton would give us more than enough. They would struggle to fill the ground so will probably give us about 10,000.

Would be absolutely rocking.

Captain Lithuania

I don't know why people are bothering about ticket allocation etc. We want a game that we know we can win and get in to the group stages. Who cares if we draw some Bulgarian 7th division team just now? We want in the group stages, that's where the real money is!

I don't know why people are bothering about ticket allocation etc. We want a game that we know we can win and get in to the group stages. Who cares if we draw some Bulgarian 7th division team just now? We want in the group stages, that's where the real money is!

I can see your logic but if we are only going to get 2 games in europe at least make it a big team.

Would like to save the 'glamour' tie to the group stages and hopefully we get Litex Lovech!!

Agreed. If that happens, we can have three 'glamour' teams so that Hearts can make a shedload of money and we can take our pick of where to go. Ideal scenario.

The People's Chimp
I have a gut feeling we are going to get Everton.

Me too.

I would love to save the glamour for the group stages, but then we dont have a choice in the draw. What we want doesn't matter a ****.

So, everton it'll be!

merseyjambo

You've got to be joking haven't you. We would get about 3500 tickets max in the Gladwys Street stand.

Everton have about 30000 Season Ticket holders. They won't struggle to fill the ground. A Scotland v England clash is only more likely yo appeal to them.

Think fate is written that this is our tie, especially after Celtic coming out against Arsenal

Me too.

I would love to save the glamour for the group stages, but then we dont have a choice in the draw. What we want doesn't matter a ****.

So, everton it'll be!

We beat Everton in the 70's in the texaco cup, why not again.

My prediction is Dinamo Zagreb, as I doubt I'll be able to go and we'll get pumped.

Litex is my 1st chouce, Everton my 2nd.

Would like to save the 'glamour' tie to the group stages and hopefully we get Litex Lovech!!

If this Litex Lovech are so **** then how are they seeded?.

You've got to be joking haven't you. We would get about 3500 tickets max in the Gladwys Street stand.

Everton have about 30000 Season Ticket holders. They won't struggle to fill the ground. A Scotland v England clash is only more likely yo appeal to them.

Think fate is written that this is our tie, especially after Celtic coming out against Arsenal

I think the opposite now that Celtic/Arsenal have came out together.

I would like in terms of travelling preference. Everton, Heereveen, Werder, Zagreb then Lovech.

In terms of getting through(although i don't think any game will be easy) i would prefer Lovech, Heerenveen, Zagreb, Everton then Bremen.

I think we will get Zagreb.

It doesn't matter how many tickets for the match we get,it is how many would make the journey down.

My estimate would be 8000 to 10000

Have to agree. I have a feeling we'll get them too. Although I'd be happy to be wrong as pretty much every other tie would be more glamourous (trip to Holland or Germany) or give us a better chance of getting to the groups (Bulgaria or Croatia).

I want Zagreb, since I'm in Croatia on the 20th anyway!

What are the chances we get them and the away leg comes second? Gutting.

Archived