Portuguese pair on trial (merged threads)

TheBigO

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting. Hopefully these guys turn out to be half decent and can get themselves a move.

Gigolo-Aunt

Fingers crossed the midfield player is an attacking midfield player.

Fingers crossed the forward knows where the back of the net.

The striker hasn't scored a goal since the 04/05 season. He has only scored 2 goals altogether and didn't score in 10 appearances for the team he was playing for last season.(What league are they in?)

The striker has played with a couple of decent sides and is still young so maybe we're seeing it as a potential kind of thing.

The midfielder has a fancy name.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Zezinando Odelfrides Gomes Correia

That is some name. Try getting that on the back of your shirt

The Old Tolbooth

The strikers got a couple of very good clubs behind him in Valencia and Rayo Vallecano, the defender was a Portugese U19 international player, fingers crossed.

Marmeladent?rtchen
The striker hasn't scored a goal since the 04/05 season. He has only scored 2 goals altogether and didn't score in 10 appearances for the team he was playing for last season.(What league are they in?)

Sounds like he will fit in!! ;)

Guest GhostHunter

Wow. Joao.

We're looking more Brazilian than the Vermin.

Loving it....I expect the striker to sign.

;)

Boab Mugabe

I've probably given the lad the YouTube Video curse that Tullberg and Witteveen suffer from. :(

Once again highlights the Press have NO contacts in Tynecastle.

They have got no names correct with players arriving at Hearts yet have quoted us with plenty players that have come to nothing.

Yet if the Sun links us with a player on Monday it will still manage 8 pages on here!!!!

Fat Striker

Apparently he is known as just Zezinando (phew!)

and here he is...

24570_zezinando.jpg

Gigolo-Aunt

I've probably given the lad the YouTube Video curse that Tullberg and Witteveen suffer from. :(

Looks a strapping lad.

Is the head coach of Portugal (the name comes up after a minute) not the chap who managed Kaunus last term?

Marmeladent?rtchen

Zezinando wiki page already states he plays for Hearts,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and hes a defender!!

Yeah yeah,,,, I know its only wiki!!!

Boab Mugabe

You'll be glad to know it's the same agent for both players that Bruno had - Paulo Barbosa. Let's see them posts fly in!

:)

He seems to be pretty fast and has some control.

Ach, let Csaba call it. Videos could make Eskilson look good

Italian Lambretta

Do you honestly think if these 2 players where any good they would be on a trial at Hearts?

It looks like we are getting desperate to get a striker will only a hint of talent for absolute nowt:42:

Looks a strapping lad.

Is the head coach of Portugal (the name comes up after a minute) not the chap who managed Kaunus last term?

Im pretty sure it is.

Seymour M Hersh

The first ?200 replica shirt!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Based on the highlights of the Southampton game, don't bother with trials. Sign them!

Seymour M Hersh
He seems to be pretty fast and has some control.

Ach, let Csaba call it. Videos could make Eskilson look good

As long as it's a crowd free closed door game. He should have stuck to singing in his band.

penicuik jambo
Looks a strapping lad.

Is the head coach of Portugal (the name comes up after a minute) not the chap who managed Kaunus last term?[/quote

Yeah i think it is mate, he is the lithuania manager now. Some good players in that team, Veloso, Mouthinho, Vaz Te.

On wikipedia it says that the midfielder plays for us already!

hopefully they have potential!!...the all knowing wikipedia says the striker hasnt scored a goal in a while,....but who knows, gota give them a shot.

Looks a strapping lad.

Yeah noticed that. Did he not get the Lithuanian national job???

He must be the source and hopefully provided a reccomendation, fingers crossed

Guest GhostHunter

These won't be CL signings, they will be Romanov ones.

Just as the Wittlessness one was.

you tube makes him look fast and the video reel also seems to explain his lack of goals as the majority of it is of him winning the ball / making a run and setting someone else up

442 with witteveen/nade as a target man?

we already have suso, If we sign this boy and keep driver we will have players left right and centre who seem happy to take players on and go on a mazy... something the spl has been lacking for a while...

having said that everyone looks goot on you tube highlights.

I actually don't really care tbh. We need a boy to put the ball in the net, if one of these guys can do it, great. I am glad that we are looking at players but just want us to get a striker in.

The Old Tolbooth
you tube makes him look fast and the video reel also seems to explain his lack of goals as the majority of it is of him winning the ball / making a run and setting someone else up

442 with witteveen/nade as a target man?

we already have suso, If we sign this boy and keep driver we will have players left right and centre who seem happy to take players on and go on a mazy... something the spl has been lacking for a while...

having said that everyone looks goot on you tube highlights.

That's the problem Chis, even Nade looked pretty good on Youtube :wacko:

Although, he does look very mobile, and puts himself about a lot.

Fat Striker

Does it not seem strange to anyone that the Portugese sites all seem to be reporting that they have signed for 3 years yet Hearts announce they are on trial?

I wouldn't have thought they would pluck the 3 year bit out of thin air.

Does it not seem strange to anyone that the Portugese sites all seem to be reporting that they have signed for 3 years yet Hearts announce they are on trial?

Not the first time we have seen this under Romanov tbh.

We had situations like Screpis, Cinikas (I think it was him) saying that he had signed for six months and I am sure there was another situation like that but I cannot remember!

There may be a three year deal on the table......if they impress

The strikers got a couple of very good clubs behind him in Valencia and Rayo Vallecano, the defender was a Portugese U19 international player, fingers crossed.

Jose played for the Pourtugal U21s...

Fat Striker
There may be a three year deal on the table......if they impress

I'm sure that's probably the case but that's certainly not what the Portugese media are saying.

As bighusref points out it's not the first time we've led players to believe they have a contract with us and then moved the goal posts.

There is a difference between 'agreeing' a 3 year deal and 'signing' a 3 year deal. The trial is the bit that comes in the middle.

Reasonable pedigree. Been at decent clubs.

Yet we've had the likes of Tiago Costa who failed to make an impact.

I don't think we should worry about the strikers goal rate. We play in the SPL anyone with a bit of ability than can strike a ball can potentially get double figures in the SPL.

Could be one of these cases where it seems more exciting if they say they impressed on trial.

Moreira has a fairly decent pedigree and I'm not sure he'd be the type that would go on trials. From the youtube clips, I'd be pretty happy if we signed him. The one thing that seems clear is that he has pace which would be a refreshing change from a slow lumbering guy. The clips are against decent teams and it's not like Nade/Tullberg where it was basically one great goal.

Still not sure where Zezinando plays but he seems more defensive than attacking which is a shame. Then again considering the way we've been shipping goals, another defensive type player may not be a bad thing.

It would probably fit on mine. :42:

Still not sure where Zezinando plays but he seems more defensive than attacking which is a shame. Then again considering the way we've been shipping goals, another defensive type player may not be a bad thing.

Could be a utility man type player as Csaba seems to favour having these players in the squad. Eggy, Mroviec and Karipidis (to some extent).

If we are to compete in all competitions these sort of players are never a bad thing.

Lets hope they do the business and can improve the team and not just the squad.

As for the strikers lack of goals dont worry about that afterall many strikers who have come to the SPL have never scored goals in there life and then suddenly wooosh thats 15 goals this season!!!:qqb016:

Bert Le Clos
Yet we've had the likes of Tiago Costa who failed to make an impact.

I actually thought Costa looked decent but he never really got a chance.

Over the last 3 season (according to Wikipedia) the striker has played 24 times with zero goals. :15:

A striker who dosen't score goals!? Great, just what we need! Move over Elliot, Nade and Mole, there's a new boy in town who wants the title of non-scoring striker.

Guest GhostHunter
I actually thought Costa looked decent but he never really got a chance.

He was signed purely on the basis of how good looking his girlfriend was.

:sorcerer:

Archived