Portuguese pair on trial (merged threads)

TheBigO

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't find it too strange that ruben went to meet them.

Senior squad player, same agent, possibly speaks the same lingo?

it would point to a signing more than a trial though. But having the same agent is surely a strong link. Maybe the agent requested ruben greet them? or further still maybe through that ruben knows them already to some extent?

Yugoslavia had played Scotland just around that time and a guy called Husref Musemic scored the only goal of the game. We signed our Husref thinking he was the international one. He looked feck all like the real Husref Musemic but I think we were too embarrased to send him packing. Could be just a mythylogical story but I'm sure thats the tale

IIRC the one we signed scored something like 9 in 18 games including a winner against the filth.

Thats a better seasons average that any striker we've had on teh books in the last 2 years.

arent spanish and portugese very similar

Galego the Galician language of choice are similarish but basically it's the same as somebody from Shetland speaking to somebody from London.

Mr Quagmire
There is a difference between 'agreeing' a 3 year deal and 'signing' a 3 year deal. The trial is the bit that comes in the middle.

Correct, These 2 guys have been offered 3 year contracts so long as they prove in there trial that everything is ok. Its a bit like buying a tv and trying it out for a week and if its shhhit you can take it back and get a refund.

Galego the Galician language of choice are similarish but basically it's the same as somebody from Shetland speaking to somebody from London.

People in Shetland and London speak the same language - English.

Hackney Hearts
I see the wiki page has been changed and it now says he's scored a few goals. Is this correct or is someone messing about?

19 goals in 48 games for his various clubs...

I'd be pretty happy if that was accurate. Who knows?

Not really.

At risk of a sweeping generalisation, a person who can speak Spanish will more than likely be able to communicate pretty well with someone who speaks Portuguese...

...but in any case, I think some people are reading a wee bit too much into who happens to be in this photo.

Silverymoon92
You'll be glad to know it's the same agent for both players that Bruno had - Paulo Barbosa. Let's see them posts fly in!

:)

also that Joao Moureira's(sp) full name is also Brunos Middle name

Kevin Kyle couldn't score goals at Sunderland or Coventry, but 6 months in the SPL and he's the next Kris Boys and touted for a Scotland cap.

If Moreira can trouble defences with his pace, and we can PERSUADE a striker to actually stay in the box, then we might have a partnership at long last. Would also love to see him running onto some flick on's!!

Greedy_Jambo

I don't care about how late in the day it is to be taking on trialists or the fact that we've never heard of them.

In my opinion the team still needs strengthened. Especially upfront. I wouldn't mind if another 3 trialists appeared tomorrow.

Fingers crossed we find a few good players yet.

Kevin Kyle couldn't score goals at Sunderland or Coventry, but 6 months in the SPL and he's the next Kris Boys and touted for a Scotland cap.

He's already got a Scotland cap - played under Bertie.

He's already got a Scotland cap - played under Bertie.

Not just the one either he has 8.****ing 8 caps for Kevin Kyle what a joke, how much did Robbo get about 5 or something.

Luther Blissett

Just to make you aware, The portuguese striker arrived in Edinburgh airport on Tuesday! morning.

Seems strange that we are only announcing it today and only as a trial.

From what I've been told, he's signed.

No idea on the Midfielder.

Gigolo-Aunt
Just to make you aware, The portuguese striker arrived in Edinburgh airport on Tuesday! morning.

Seems strange that we are only announcing it today and only as a trial.

From what I've been told, he's signed.

No idea on the Midfielder.

Luther, you are on my "keep an eye on his posts" list.

You seem to have a finger is a few pies.

This whole situation stinks of VR.

An we all know that that WON'T cloud your judgement about it eh :15:

I don't really see how Griffiths is more of a gamble. A young striker scoring bucket loads in the first division of Scotland. The natural progression is a move to the SPL.

What you both say is what I usually say but I'm just getting a bit tired of this policy. Time will tell I suppose.

I'm a bit concerned the only reason I'm looking forward to seeing a new signing is because his name is 'Jesus' ffs! :D

Change the name to Calum Elliot and there we are.

Appears Zezinando may have been on trial at Chelsea. Translated this using google:

The Hearts of the Scottish League, said the hiring of John Moreira and Zezinando. Ambos os jovens assinaram contrato por tr?s temporadas com o clube de Edimburgo, onde j? alinha o lateral-esquerdo portugu?s Jos? Gon?alves. Both couples signed contract for three seasons with the club in Edinburgh, where it aligns the left-side Portuguese Jos? Gon?alves.

Jo?o Moreira e Zezinando rubricaram o v?nculo nesta sexta-feira e viajaram de imediato para se juntar ao est?gio de pr?-?poca que a equipa da capital escocesa realiza em Southampton, no sul de Inglaterra. Jo?o Moreira Zezinando and initialed the link on this Friday and traveled immediately to join the stage of pre-season that the team of the Scottish capital held in Southampton in southern England.

Jo?o Moreira, de 23 anos, estava livre depois de ter terminado contrato com o Val?ncia. Jo?o Moreira, 23, was free after you have finished the contract with Valencia. O avan?ado foi contratado em 2005 pelo clube espanhol, mas nunca teve lugar no plantel, tendo sido emprestado a Rayo Vallecano, Nacional, Leix?es e Beira Mar. The advanced was hired in 2005 by the Spanish club, but never took place in the squad, having been loaned out to Rayo Vallecano, National, and Leix?es Beira Mar.

Zezinando, de 22 anos, por outro lado, ? m?dio e estava tamb?m em final de contrato. Zezinando of 22 years, on the other hand, it was also in middle and end of contract. O jovem ficou livre do contrato com o Sporting, clube onde fez a forma??o antes de ser emprestado ao Estoril, ao Atl?tico e ao Real Massam?.

Comentar este artigo

The couple was free to contract with Chelsea, the club where he made training before being loaned to Estoril, the Athletic and Real Massam?.

Granted it dosnt make too much sense.

Luther, you are on my "keep an eye on his posts" list.

You seem to have a finger is a few pies.

he's been on mine for a while.

on the players... meh. and meh again.

Did Musemic not have a namesake who was a Yugoslavian international and we thought we were signing the international but werent ?

that story is a complete Jambo myth, Husref Musemic was a Yugoslavian International and was a regular goalscorer for Red Star Belgrade, but was replaced by the legendary Darko Pancev, he signed for Hearts in June 1989, and his goals return was impressive something like 6 goals in 10 games, but what people forget is that this was the season Scott Crabbe made his big breakthrough, and was scoring for fun, he kept Musemic out of the side and in fact at the end of the season Crabbo was PFA young player of the year, Musemic was surplus to requirements and by January 1990 was signed by Sarajevo

The Old Tolbooth
Jose played for the Pourtugal U21s...

So he did, thanks for shattering my illusions :wacko:

Ryan Gosling
So he did, thanks for shattering my illusions :wacko:

Jose played for the full team while at Nuremberg.

He played left back with Ronaldo at left wing if I recall correctly.

Over the last 3 season (according to Wikipedia) the striker has played 24 times with zero goals. :15:

With a record like that we are bound to sign him.

Charlie-Brown
that story is a complete Jambo myth, Husref Musemic was a Yugoslavian International and was a regular goalscorer for Red Star Belgrade, but was replaced by the legendary Darko Pancev, he signed for Hearts in June 1989, and his goals return was impressive something like 6 goals in 10 games, but what people forget is that this was the season Scott Crabbe made his big breakthrough, and was scoring for fun, he kept Musemic out of the side and in fact at the end of the season Crabbo was PFA young player of the year, Musemic was surplus to requirements and by January 1990 was signed by Sarajevo

People hoped / expected Musemic (& later Ian Baird) would replace Sandy Clark in terms of being the main striker & target man but neither could nor did and hence neither stayed very long at Hearts.

HillmanHearts

Wikipeadie now says he scored 10 goals in his last 24 games !

That's a lot more encouraging if true !

( Maybe Vlad's has been tampering with Wikipeadie tho ! :th_love: )

Wikipeadie now says he scored 10 goals in his last 24 games !

That's a lot more encouraging if true !

( Maybe Vlad's has been tampering with Wikipeadie tho ! :th_love: )

think that's probably it right, if you read the post from the FM website it did mention him getting some goals during his loan spells

RenfrewHearts
Nade is pretty damn quick Alan.

One of our fastest players i'd say.

Problem is he isn't fast with the ball!!

Head down turn around that's what you get with big Christian. You gotta love him.

Fingers crossed these trialists are good or if not hopefully we could get Naumoski. On the midfield point of view suppose getting this portuguese guy would be instead of Mrowiec who was expected to sign. Surely can't be any worse than him tbh.

HillmanHearts
think that's probably it right, if you read the post from the FM website it did mention him getting some goals during his loan spells

Cheers mate.

That would make a big difference for me.

Fom the youtube clips it looks like he is quite pacey and moves well with the ball so if we can now establish that he has actually scored a decent amount of goals then he is much better prospect .

Colonel Kurtz
People hoped / expected Musemic (& later Ian Baird) would replace Sandy Clark in terms of being the main striker & target man but neither could nor did and hence neither stayed very long at Hearts.

Husref has only got one arm now

I read a bit into those players, sound decent, lets hope we have unearthed a couple of good signings. Can't be any worse than some mind you.

They have played in some good company for Sporting and Portugal under 19s. Worth a punt.

Gigolo-Aunt
take it csabas noise about signing players with spl experience has fell on deaf ears then?

Maybe Hearts and Csaba have been priced out of signing SPL players.

When you look at the fee's paid in the last week or so with SPL players going down south, its probably not that far of the mark.

take it csabas noise about signing players with spl experience has fell on deaf ears then?

Or maybe they turned us down. Or offers were rejected.

Hughes for one.

The White Cockade

Maybe the players that the media come up with are Csaba's targets and the players we end up with are the Vladists

Shabba "I like this Lee Miller Mr romanov can we sign him?"

Vlad "Give me a few days"

Shabba "This Mclean could help score goals and bring suksis to us"

Vlad "Good idea - let me check the finances"

Mad Vlad Favoured Agent "I have found an Austrian playing 4th division amateur league and a Pole who nobody wants and two Portugese players who haven't scored since 1902, they are dirt cheap"

Mad Vlad "Get them signed!"

Hopefully i'm just being cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if its not far from the truth

I cannot believe Csaba would think we are strengthening the team with unknown trialists from minor leagues Europe wide

and before the first response tells me i'll get it in first

Hobo!

jamboinglasgow

Maybe it hasn't fallen on deaf ears, maybe all the SPL experience players we could of gone for are either not good enough or out of what we are prepared to pay in transfer fees and/or wages.

But a bit of an odd thing to bring up out of the blue.

Maybe it hasn't fallen on deaf ears, maybe all the SPL experience players we could of gone for are either not good enough or out of what we are prepared to pay in transfer fees and/or wages.

Although it isnt though, is it...?

There's been a lot of talk on here about Daran Barr. I'd take him.

He ticks the experienced SPL box as well.

When you look at the fee's paid in the last week or so with SPL players going down south, its probably not that far of the mark.

There's a double problem in getting SPL players. We don't seem to be able to afford paying a transfer fee and all the out of contract ones get offered a joke amount down south.

In fact even if we agreed a transfer fee for someone, some club from down south would put in a bid because they've got too much money to play around with.

Think in the coming years, the plan will be Scottish players from the academy and get the best Bosman's that we can.

Guest jambomickey

you could be right ga.

Gigolo-Aunt
There's a double problem in getting SPL players. We don't seem to be able to afford paying a transfer fee and all the out of contract ones get offered a joke amount down south.

In fact even if we agreed a transfer fee for someone, some club from down south would put in a bid because they've got too much money to play around with.

Think in the coming years, the plan will be Scottish players from the academy and get the best Bosman's that we can.

Dont see a lot wrong with your post Martin.

Its frustrating, no doubt. We all hark to what JJ done with his signings prior to 98.

In all honesty, a Colin Cameron player would be away down south straight away.

Youth academy plus searching the Bosman market is the way forward (as you say)

Mind you, you might get lucky and get a player like Mahe who knows he is in the last years or so of his career and wants to play football (If I remember right, he taken a huge pay cut to come to Tynie)

There's been a lot of talk on here about Daran Barr. I'd take him.

He ticks the experienced SPL box as well.

Some of the best players we have had have had no SPL experience prior to signing for us.

Players from other SPL clubs come at a premium because clubs dont want to strengthen a rival without being more than recompensed.

Guest jambomickey

why is it a bit odd? our manager mentioned it many times.

Only a Game

At 7k a week for Mr Average from Motherwell I'm delighted its fallen on deaf ears.

Archived