'Together' 08/09

P-Dizzle

Has anyone actually bought this? If so is it worth the ?15 they are charging.

?15...wow.

I'm all for buying club dvd's but was one of last season really necessary? I didn't even realise we had one out.

I just wanted to know if the quality was decent, ive bought hearts dvds before and it was poor.

I just got the Everton one for ?10 on amazon and its ?16 on the offical site.

It's a season review DVD -- it's not a blockbuster movie but it is a decent way of keeping a seasons memories handy.

As for the money well the majority is going to the club so I just look upon it as another in a series of small contributions I will make to the upkeep of the club.

I just wanted to know if the quality was decent, ive bought hearts dvds before and it was poor.

I just got the Everton one for ?10 on amazon and its ?16 on the offical site.

A lot of our DVDs have lacked effort (The Burley/Rix derby DVDs were just the games - no chapters, nothing), but when they push the boat out, they can be excellent. The Glorious DVD (review of 05/06) was brilliantly put together, and could barely have featured more (2+ hours of material).

However, I hope they don't make the same mistake they made with the Late Late Show (02/03 season review), by having Donkey record new commentary for lots of the footage. His 'acting' to make it seem live was pathetic (no disrespect to the man), and was detriment to his legitimate version of THE 4-4 commentary.

Bunny Munro

Its ok, nowhere near as good as Glorious.

It only shows the hearts goals, a few decent hearts chances, and a few decent hearts saves, along with two goals from oppsition.

Which although poeple would say "thats why we bought it" it makes it a little hard to follow unless you remeber the games. A few nice interviews with Csaba, and some coverage of the Preseason and U19 season. however the last two are only shown on half of the screen, they are trying to make it look as though it is being shown on a "Hearts Legend" poster on the frame of tynecastle, which is a nice touch, however seems a little pointless.

Wait for it cheap.

p.s. also no cup action, no 2-0 easter road action, and the aidrie pens arent on it either (i know we lost but it'd be nice to see the ones we did get in and Kellos save.

?15...wow.

I'm all for buying club dvd's but was one of last season really necessary? I didn't even realise we had one out.

Can't really think of much from last season i want to see! Most of the games we had were stuffy, untidy, not much football played and a few, more than a few in fact, we only managed to scrape win here and there. I really hope this coming season is going to be much better in terms of quality, as for the DVD...i'll probably give it a miss.

I got it as a birthday present

It may not have been a truly vintage season but it makes for a cracking video

broughies tach

Like Topcat I got it as a birthday present from the wife. However it is still unopened beside the DVD player. First offer of a fiver gets it and I will buy a bottle of wine for me and the missus which will be a lot better IMO

Archived