Lets Get JBK In the Guiness Book Of Records Cmon!

Siphiwe Tshabalala

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dale8809

• Beats

• jamboboetjie

• Cabbie754

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread has gone too far. :wacko:Don't even think about responding!

Stop posting people! Let this thread go.

But your still posting!?

Keep Posting people :cheese:

Right, we need to come up with a topic for this thread, but it can't be anything controversial otherwise the mods will need to close it. I have absolutely no imagination.

Over to you :D

Let's talk about the expectations of the ordinary person out there as far as clearing away the snow from our roads. Do councils do enough? are peoples expectations too much? Should people do more, be community spirited by getting stuck into pavement clearing rather than expect the council to do it.

Thoughts please

Let's talk about the expectations of the ordinary person out there as far as clearing away the snow from our roads. Do councils do enough? are peoples expectations too much? Should people do more, be community spirited by getting stuck into pavement clearing rather than expect the council to do it.

Thoughts please

Good point. I think we ask to much of the council and not enough of ourselves.

Just tonight as I was walking home there was a young woman in a car that was struggling to get moving.

Needless to say that me being the gentleman that I am, I helped the young lady out by pushing the car. Eventually she was able to get free.

It's the little things like this that make us feel good about oursleves for being so unselfish.

Needless to say that if it had been a munter i would have told her to go and do one. Only joking!

Cmon Kickback!!!!

Come on? What are we trying to achieve?

There are threads out there with over half a million posts.

This is just taking up space on the kickback server. :wacko:

No-one post from now on. :banghead:

Good point. I think we ask to much of the council and not enough of ourselves.

Just tonight as I was walking home there was a young woman in a car that was struggling to get moving.

Needless to say that me being the gentleman that I am, I helped the young lady out by pushing the car. Eventually she was able to get free.

It's the little things like this that make us feel good about oursleves for being so unselfish.

Needless to say that if it had been a munter i would have told her to go and do one. Only joking!

Well done Rosco.

I was visiting Newbridge last night and someone had cleared the snow from their driveway and dumped it on the pavement, not at the side but the whole width of the pavement, two big piles that I had to climb over. Unbelievable and they expect the council to come along and clear the pavement!

Well done Rosco.

I was visiting Newbridge last night and someone had cleared the snow from their driveway and dumped it on the pavement, not at the side but the whole width of the pavement, two big piles that I had to climb over. Unbelievable and they expect the council to come along and clear the pavement!

Some people are just incredible. Saw one guy clearing around his car throwing it on the pavement.

then you get the people that steal grit out the yellow buckets left by the council for the roads. Their attitude "not my problem I don't have a car"!

Some people are just incredible. Saw one guy clearing around his car throwing it on the pavement.

then you get the people that steal grit out the yellow buckets left by the council for the roads. Their attitude "not my problem I don't have a car"!

The council came round and filled up a couple of grit bins near me today so I was out with my shovel gritting some pavements near me. One person said to me " the cooncil should be doing this" why do people have that attitude?

The council came round and filled up a couple of grit bins near me today so I was out with my shovel gritting some pavements near me. One person said to me " the cooncil should be doing this" why do people have that attitude?

At times like this we all need to pull together, the council don't have endless funds. A lot of people now a days lack the sense of community and helping each other, they have had it all too easy and expect everything for nothing.

Toronto Jambo

Its all about a lack of preparedness. In Toronto we get AT LEAST the amout of snow your getting, but we are prepared. People should be pleased that the council manages to allocate funds like that. Chances are it wasn't even thought of when the budget was put together. I don't know about over there, but where I live, it is required by law that residents shovel the sidewalk infront of their homes unless they are elderly or disabled (in which case either the city have people do it or a friend or family member chips in). The city only takes care of the roads in Toronto (sidewalks too, but only in the city center).

At times like this we all need to pull together, the council don't have endless funds. A lot of people now a days lack the sense of community and helping each other, they have had it all too easy and expect everything for nothing.

Correct!

Its all about a lack of preparedness. In Toronto we get AT LEAST the amout of snow your getting, but we are prepared. People should be pleased that the council manages to allocate funds like that. Chances are it wasn't even thought of when the budget was put together. I don't know about over there, but where I live, it is required by law that residents shovel the sidewalk infront of their homes unless they are elderly or disabled (in which case either the city have people do it or a friend or family member chips in). The city only takes care of the roads in Toronto (sidewalks too, but only in the city center).

Nobody predicted this amount of snow and temperatures to match. Normally we get a bit snow then it thaws after a day or so but I believe that NYC has the same laws as does Germany and I'm sure many other places. People are required to clear the pavements outside their own property or get fined. This used to be a requirement here but not now.

I'm writing this as I sit on Clark Road, waiting for any jobs that may come out in this area.

My system shows that right now there are people looking for cabs in Bruntsfield, Comiston, Shandon and Balerno. Two people want cabs in Comely Bank.

Hope I get a fare soon.....

Officer Dibble
Come on? What are we trying to achieve?

There are threads out there with over half a million posts.

This is just taking up space on the kickback server. :wacko:

No-one post from now on. :banghead:

Are you not being a bit pesimistic?:ninja::ninja::ninja:

As for a topic I don't knw ummm....... is "should obama have won the noble peace prize?" too controversial?:biggrin:

cant believe this is still going.

even the short term novelty has worn off.

It's because people like you can't leave it alone! You would be better spending your ebergy stopping the tram project.

Been testing the internet on my fone, and thought id see what kb is like on this. Pretty rubbish tbh..

I blame the trams!

Edited by hate_hibs

Been testing the internet on my fone, and thought id see what kb is like on this. Pretty rubbish tbh..

I blame the trams!

I can't think of a better thing to blame. If the money had been better used you would have got a better service.

cant believe this is still going.

even the short term novelty has worn off.

Ach it's a good way to pass the time.

I can't think of a better thing to blame. If the money had been better used you would have got a better service.

Exactly!

Who was it that used to post the leader board of posters?

I think I was about 3rd or fourth but still miles behind the leader.

Who was it that used to post the leader board of posters?

I think I was about 3rd or fourth but still miles behind the leader.

dale8809 667

Beats 655

jamboboetjie 647

Cabbie754 568

LeeWallace1 322

Alan_R 291

hate_hibs 288

Mr Nobody 263

H2 189

Dano307 150

milky_26 120

ladyjambo76 119