Tonight's game Hearts v St Puali

jambojackbilly

Nevermind Shuttlecat, you'll need to do your research.:smiley2:

St Pauli are Bundesliga 2 which is probably still above most of the bottom 9 in the SPL. Our results have been 1 win, 2 defeats. 2gls for; 4 against.

St Pauli have their 1st match in the cup in 2 weeks, we don't play fo another 5wks. Therefore, few people are panicking. Hence, Shuttlecat.:10900:

I know we beat the first side we played, 2-1 (right?). And we lost 2-0 last night. Who did we play in the second match?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only a Game
I know we beat the first side we played, 2-1 (right?). And we lost 2-0 last night. Who did we play in the second match?

Polish side Slask Wroclaw (we lost 1-0)

Polish side Slask Wroclaw (we lost 1-0)

Do you happen to know what level of Polish football they play at Only A Game? Obviously we still need strikers. If you include Ian Black, I make it that we have brought in four players, so far. It seems that Csaba has decided not to bring in a new right back, therefore, if he is permitted to sign two more players, I would be surprised if both were not strikers.

Felt we control the game last night, there pen came from nothing but we look like we were not interested in the final

3rd. Jesus did ok, the striker had very little to do as he never got the ball, but we look like a work in progress. Not worried one little bit after last night tho

Ray Winstone

I go to work last night....I log in this afternoon and the club is in turmoil!

I think some protests should be arranged pronto!

penicuik jambo

Highlights showed us creating a few chances, some nice play. Looked a bit shakey at the back, kello and mcdonald had a couple of rushes of blood. Obua had some nice passes and horrendus shooting. Who ever played left wing 2nd half looked good. Couple of strikers in and some more gelling at the back, sorted for utd away

Only a Game
Highlights showed us creating a few chances, some nice play. Looked a bit shakey at the back, kello and mcdonald had a couple of rushes of blood. Obua had some nice passes and horrendus shooting. Who ever played left wing 2nd half looked good. Couple of strikers in and some more gelling at the back, sorted for utd away

Watched the highlights also and to be fair, considering the stage we are at, we looked awright. Novokovas(sp) looked pretty good as did Obua.

Big huge gaps down the middle of the defence and they got through us and behind us far too many times but thats what the purpose of these games is, to idenitify issues like that and fix them.

Overall we looked fairly fit and mobile and we were playing football on the deck from what I saw. We created plently chances that fit sharp strikers and/or better strikers would have scored from normally. Poor defending at the back post for the second goal and bad goalkeeping for the penalty.

Once we get the partnerships established and working and get ourselves in order at the back and most importantly up front, we'll be awright I reckon.

Bousid booking was a bit harsh. Mistimed the tackle because the boy was a bit quick for him and caught him. Nothing malicious in it IMO

Only a Game
Do you happen to know what level of Polish football they play at Only A Game? Obviously we still need strikers. If you include Ian Black, I make it that we have brought in four players, so far. It seems that Csaba has decided not to bring in a new right back, therefore, if he is permitted to sign two more players, I would be surprised if both were not strikers.

They're in the top league in Poland but no idea what end they normally sit at or how good the Polish league is. They've won trophies fairly recently in Poland and I think they're in Europe this season

Ryan Gosling

St Pauli looked a handy side.

Slask Wroclaw won the Polish League Cup last season and are in the Europa League.

Only a Game
St Pauli looked a handy side.

2 goals from defensive errors quite easily fixed. A handful of through balls and balls over the top that a team at 100% would have snuffed out.

Nothing much to worry about from what I saw and plenty to be optimistic about. Apart from the continued shortcomings up front which we'll surely fix before we go much further into the summer.

Ryan Gosling

I do think it's relevant that we're playing so many game in such a short time. Try to find out where the trouble is, then spend 2 weeks in training fixing it before the next pre-season games.

just watched the highlights anf it looked to me that we weren't pushing ourselves 100% a couple of times I saw Stewart jogging back where in a normal game he'd be the first one to come back and get the man

defence needs tightened up but they are both new guys to the club so they need to bed thereselves in and get an understanding which doesn't happen over night

Only a Game
I do think it's relevant that we're playing so many game in such a short time. Try to find out where the trouble is, then spend 2 weeks in training fixing it before the next pre-season games.

Its a complete departure from anything we've done before and from what everyone else is doing in the SPL. In fact has anyone in the SPL(apart from Motherwell) kicked a ball this summer yet ?

I like the idea of having an early look at what needs to be fixed and its good that people on here realise that the results dont matter a stuff right now, in fact they're quite jocular about it.

If we arrive at the start of the SPL having done it differently from everyone else and get an advantage from having done it this way then its another feather in Csaba's hat for having the ba;lls to do it differently.

Meanwhile the rest of the SPL is running up and down sand dunes and the balls are locked in a cupboard somewhere

Ray Winstone

I think you have hit the nail on the head with that statement.

If you are going to start pe-season training with matches between your first team and reserves etc you might as well go out and play slightly more competitive football.

Then we can fine tune everything before the games against the English sides.

I Don?t tend to get upset over friendlies as so many changes are made game to game and within the games themselves.

Only thing i would say is that, i hope the players still give 100%. Nurturing a winning mentality should start at head tennis in training!

A former Man U player commented that Fergie wanted to win every game his team played, friendly or not. Deep down he probably knew that?d be unrealistic given the disruptive nature of friendlies but he showed a front in the dressing room that he still wanted to win it.

Archived