Tour de France

Currahee!

Who is your tip for winning?

And who will be thrown out first for drug misuse?

To answer my 1st question I think either Menchev or Sastre will win. Can't see Armstrong winning as I don't think he'll be team leader.

As for the 2nd question......who knows but no doubt somebody will be thrown out in disgrace!

conn artist

looking for cav to get the green jersey. i'm gonna get amped up on EPO the now....

Contador will win it by a few minutes i would have thought. i would also think Sastre, Evans, Basso and Pelizotti will be top 10 finishers. Armstrong may just sneek a top 10 and Cavendish will at least 5 stages.

Whoever has the freshest legs going up the ventoux, look out for the schleck's this year, can never remember who is the strongest. I do think lance will be in top 10 and will have a say in whether Contador will win.

I see Boonen has been cleared to race, should give Cav good run for his money, although i dont see cav getting through the mountains, He's a wimp, although a winning one at that.:10900:

conn artist

two of my friends are doin the ventoux climb in about two weeks, it looks frighteningly hard goin.

Ryan Gosling

Andy Schleck to win it. Armstrong to end up attacking Contador on a mountain stage and taking over team leadership. Boonen to beat Cavendish to at least 1 sprint.

Contador will win it by a few minutes i would have thought. i would also think Sastre, Evans, Basso and Pelizotti will be top 10 finishers. Armstrong may just sneek a top 10 and Cavendish will at least 5 stages.

Decided against Basso getting a top 10 finish mainly due to him not being in it.

Schleck is a good shout but i think it may be a year early for him to overcome Contador and an extremely strong Astana team.

lleigherstu

hopefully andy schleck will win it,helped by frank.contador is probably the strongest in the race and probably has the best team behind him but heres hoping they blow it.cav to win green jersey and a few stages along the way,and am glad to see boonen in the race as well.

What a win for Cancellara today in the time trial. 18 seconds ahead of Contador! Well done too to Bradley Wiggins.

Cavendish to win todays stage.

He should really. His team will get him set up for the sprint. If he's in the right position nobody can touch him!

northfieldhearts

Contador will probably win. But Andreas Kloden could be a wee outside shout - but I assume he will be instructed to help his teammates. Shame as a few years ago he looked like someone who could be a future Tour winner.

hows robert millar doing

He never got the recognition that he deserved. The search fro Robert Millar is a great read.

hows robert millar doing

Do you know where he is? Isn't he a recluse? Did you mean David Millar?

hows robert millar doing

Living the High Life, last time i saw him.

He never got the recognition that he deserved. The search fro Robert Millar is a great read.

My thoughts as well, quite strange that he was at the same school as Fred west. I thought that he was portrayed as a bit of an arse, but with some intelligence, but he definetely knew he was as good as he was. Just a shame spanish collusion stopped him winning a major tour.

Wow what a fantastic last 30km. The split in the pack aint exactly gonna help the team Astana internal politics. This could turn into an epic tour.

Wow what a fantastic last 30km. The split in the pack aint exactly gonna help the team Astana internal politics. This could turn into an epic tour.

That was great! Wonder what the team talk will be like at Astana tonight? Who's the leader now?

Boaby Ewing
That was great! Wonder what the team talk will be like at Astana tonight? Who's the leader now?

Ha, what the hell is Contador playing at. He's even being blamed by some riders for causing the split.

If he can't hold the wheel at this stage, he deserves to be usurped.

Which is exactly what Armstrong is thinking.

Still, the Texan needs to prove that he's still got it when it comes to the toughest mountain stages. It'll be interesting to see who attacks him first.

Ha, what the hell is Contador playing at. He's even being blamed by some riders for causing the split.

If he can't hold the wheel at this stage, he deserves to be usurped.

Which is exactly what Armstrong is thinking.

Still, the Texan needs to prove that he's still got it when it comes to the toughest mountain stages. It'll be interesting to see who attacks him first.

Yes. It's going to be a fun few days now! The team time trial tomorrow should be interesting!

BigCGilmour

Contador now needs to attack Lance! I'm pretty sure Lance will be able to keep in touch with him - especially as he will have other climbers trying to keep in touch with Contador - Lance seems to have done a great job so far whilst keeping it all a bit low key..........and there is still 20+ days to go

This should be the best tour we've seen for many a year as there are now masses of permutations - all the top GC contenders need to attack to get time back, starting tomorrow in the Team TT.

I'm hoping Lance will win overall. :2thumbsup: I also have a feeling Bradley Wiggins is going to be something of a surprise this year - fingers crossed

Jam Tarts 1874
Who is your tip for winning?

And who will be thrown out first for drug misuse?

Whichever one gets away with taking the most drugs.

Whichever one gets away with taking the most drugs.

Your maybe right.

Things now hotting up after the 1st day in the Pyranees. I wonder what the boss of Astana is going to do? Mind you it must be a good problem to have. How strong was Contador when he pulled away? I'd have been pushing my bike if it was me!

northfieldhearts

Its a 2 horse race between Contador & Armstrong. Evans isnt attacking enough, Schleck hasnt enough team mates to help him.

Contador to win today's stage and go into yellow and stay in yellow all the way to the finish

I risked looking at this......I don't know the result yet from today. Can't wait to see it as this should seperate the men from the boys!

Archived