Vote for your favourite match.

japanjambo

Hearts Heritage

I predict

Hearts fans will pick 16th May 1998

Hibs fans 1st Jan 1973

Fine Scottish Wine

As he says :2thumbsup:

EEN eager to generate sales during the close season i guess.

Professor.Arturo

The night we beat Stuttgart 3-2. Still takes some beating.

******* away goal rule! :43:

I was there that night and is my favourite game that I have seen the mighty JT's play at Tynecastle.

on the pitch at the end and going home and watching the highlights on the BBC. As I remember it was the guy that used to be the voice of ice skating for the beeb commentating. His name escapes me at present.

I was there that night and is my favourite game that I have seen the mighty JT's play at Tynecastle.

on the pitch at the end and going home and watching the highlights on the BBC. As I remember it was the guy that used to be the voice of ice skating for the beeb commentating. His name escapes me at present.

Alan Weeks?

That is my fave euro game. Tynecastle was rocking that night. Remember Petric Missing that sitter to put us thru. Think he blazed the chance over the bar!!

Guest casper
Alan Weeks?

Think it's the only time he ever done a football match.

Hit the post in about the first minute too and could have been more than 5.

Top night.

I was there too in, what I used to call, the hay field in the Gorgie Road end next to the main stand. I was still in primary school then and my dad wouldn't let me and my brothers anywhere near the shed.

Excellent game, fantastic memories, best by far.

followed by the "Happy New Weir" game.

:hang:

Anyone who celebrates a draw against the vermin really doesn't get what supporting Heart of Midlothian FC is all about.

:hang:

Anyone who celebrates a draw against the vermin really doesn't get what supporting Heart of Midlothian FC is all about.

are you just annoyed because you left when we were 2-0 down? :10900:

that is a game where you don't celebrate the result you celebrate where we took the in-breds from their highest high (legal) and knocked them down so that they headed home to drown their sorrows into their methadone

I wasn't at the game at all. IIRC I was in the Philippines. I haven't spent Christmas or New Year in the UK for the last 10 years or so.

As I said, irrespective of how it happens, a draw against the Leithers is simply not worth celebrating.

I was 9 years old, I thought we had went through until my dad explained it to me, broke my heart

UEFA W*****s:57:

I predict

Hibs fans 1st Jan 1973

Or the 6-2 games, let face it, these are the only games they go on about, as they have so few other great moments.

Robbo scores

Winning the cup in '98 closely followed by, in my opinion, the most important Derby win ever on 2/04/06.

John Findlay

Mines would be another 4-4 draw but, this one would be at Love Street Paisley and it ensured that Heart of Midlothian became Scottish champions in season 1959/60. The last Edinburgh team to do so.

John

Buffalo Bill

A 'top of the league' 3-1 victory over Celtic in November 1991.

Wright, Levein and Crabbe with the Shed going ****ing ballistic.

Buffalo Bill

The 4 all draw for me!

I left the game at 4-2 (shame on me, yes.) then heard Hearts scored on the way back and I thought oh well...

But then I went hame turned the T.V on and thought I was seeing things. Brilliant!

Siphiwe Tshabalala

that is a game where you don't celebrate the result you celebrate where we took the in-breds from their highest high (legal) and knocked them down so that they headed home to drown their sorrows into their methadone

Couldnt agree more tbh

MY first derby game btw ;)

The Vulture
A 'top of the league' 3-1 victory over Celtic in November 1991.

Wright, Levein and Crabbe with the Shed going ****ing ballistic.

Buffalo Bill

Very tricky to decide this, the above was amazing 0-1 at HT, their fans jumping up and down to Always look on the bright side of life, Henry's save and then the most amazing comeback ever, then the shed bouncing up and down to ALOTBSOL

Other games were the 2-1 win over Aberdeen in the cup semi final. Shearer equalised and everyone thought we had blown it, only for Alan johnston I think it was to pop up with a header at the death to win it and send the place wild and we had finally beaten our semi final jinx !

May 98 was special, a trophy at last !

PsychocAndy

I was at the Leipzig game, my fav euro memory, winning cups is great but putting the tramps in there place on 02/04/06 is just the best game ever.

best game iv been at was 4-0 semi final win

best game i seen on tv either 5-1 or 06 final

98 final wud have been a good match for me if id understood football but i was only 4 when we won it

Semi final is by far the best for me!!!

Others I enjoyed would have to be 5-1, 4-4, 1-0 at easter road (spoling their party) 2-1 at easter road (McKenna & Stamp)

And there are many more memorable games and hopefully more to come!

rossthejambo

Hibs 0 - Hearts 4, 02/04/06

Thats the best ever game that i've been to. If i'd been in 98 then i think that would probably be there as well.

Although the Aberdeen game when we clinched 2nd was a great night.

That season will be hard to beat.

Hibs 0 - Hearts 4, 02/04/06

Thats the best ever game that i've been to. If i'd been in 98 then i think that would probably be there as well.

Although the Aberdeen game when we clinched 2nd was a great night.

That season will be hard to beat.

Same for me really was at the 98' cup final but that was nerve wracking to the max where as after the first goal went in against the wee team it was a truly amazing atmosphere!!!!

Rudolf's Mate
hearts beating bayern 1-0 at tynie... uefa qtr final .... unstoppable fergie free kick

Spot on. The noise the crowd made just before kickoff was someting else.

For me it has to be the '98' final. For the sheer outpouring of unadulterated joy, realising that we'd finally managed to do it!:2thumbsup:

coatbridgejambo

have to agree with that :2thumbsup:

Buffalo Bill
Very tricky to decide this, the above was amazing 0-1 at HT, their fans jumping up and down to Always look on the bright side of life, Henry's save and then the most amazing comeback ever, then the shed bouncing up and down to ALOTBSOL

Other games were the 2-1 win over Aberdeen in the cup semi final. Shearer equalised and everyone thought we had blown it, only for Alan johnston I think it was to pop up with a header at the death to win it and send the place wild and we had finally beaten our semi final jinx !

May 98 was special, a trophy at last !

To be honest, I just threw it in there as a curve ball to challenge the '98s and the 06's.

Winning the cup in May 1998 was the greatest. The '06 semi was runner-up. I'm going to put 1-0 v Rangers in third (Bednar).

Buffalo Bill

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
I was there too in, what I used to call, the hay field in the Gorgie Road end next to the main stand. I was still in primary school then and my dad wouldn't let me and my brothers anywhere near the shed.

Excellent game, fantastic memories, best by far.

I was there. I was in the shed. I can still see Willie Gibson get that last goal. I was more than a little tiddly for much of the rest of the week.

This one will always get my vote. Although the 1998 cup final is the greatest result, that was a magnificent win in Europe. I was never happier as a Hearts supporter. I may cry.....

Robertson9

I wonder if any Hibs fans will vote the game at Dens in 1986 as their favourite, Afterall it is Hibs greatest moment in the last how many year?

I predict

Hibs fans 1st Jan 1973

I agree with your prediction.

If that is the outcome then they can have their 7-0 victory. At the end of the season they got nought for it.

Whereas our 2-1 win at Parkhead allowed us to lift the Scottish Cup, something the Hibs fans haven't got a clue about.

beat me to it. My favourite hearts game. Just for the tension and atmosphere. amazing.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Or the 6-2 games, let face it, these are the only games they go on about, as they have so few other great moments.

"... and if you know your history....."

HIBS Success'

0-7 1973

2-0 1986 *

0-1 1994

0-3 2000

6-2 2001

* 3rd May 1986 Dundee v Hearts, any Hearts failure is a Hibs success.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

PART 1

Airdrie 1979, 1-0, 10 minutes to go and it's Airdrie's title, about time we scored in the last ten and made it count.

Hibs 1983, 3-2 enough said, we all have our reasons and memories.

Rangers 1986, 3-2, Scottish Cup.

Dundee Utd 1986, 1-0, Scottish Cup

Dundee Utd 1986 0-3, if only:57:

Bayern Munich 1989, 1-0, Hearts beat Bayern ???????:21:

to be continued

Archived