Well done Andy Murray

Jeepers

shaun.lawson
wonder if in 20 years Andy will be found slumped in a taxi reekin of his own pish, inconsolable as he remises on a career full of diddy cups..........

I wonder if in 20 years you'll be found slumped in a taxi reeking of your own pish, after putting your house on Andy Murray failing to win a major - and losing everything? I wonder too if you'll have the bottle to admit you were wrong if and when he wins a Grand Slam - or if it happens to be any of the US, French or Aussie Opens, you'll deride it as a wee cup?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loveofthegame
wonder if in 20 years Andy will be found slumped in a taxi reekin of his own pish, inconsolable as he remises on a career full of diddy cups..........

In 20 years time he'll probably have about ?50M in the bank and be known/remembered as one of Britain's all time great sportsmen. Where'll you be?!

rossaldinho

I thought his best chance of a major was the US open but the tennis he's played this week was exquisite. With rafa nursing an injury Murray may well be in with a good chance of winning wimbledon.

I P Knightley
For years, all of us north of Hadrians wall have whined and complained about the bias reporting and exaggeration that went anywhere that Tiger Tim went.

Murray has more talent in his pinky that Henman ever had. He'll never get the same hype and recognition because he isn't ever going to be a media darling.

I think you're wrong there. He's getting the hype all right for having won at Queen's. This is not a significant tournament on the tennis tour; I think it gets 250 point, might be 500, whilst Murray's won Masters series at least twice as prestigious (ranking points-wise) and the coverage hasn't been quite as excited as we're seeing now.

Might be just because Queen's is on the BBC but they're definitely getting their adulation out of proportion to the achievement.

He can only beat those put in front of him and he did so exceptionally well this week.

I think the media are adapting well to Murray and he's maturing in his ways of dealing with them.

I thought his best chance of a major was the US open but the tennis he's played this week was exquisite. With rafa nursing an injury Murray may well be in with a good chance of winning wimbledon.

Nadal and Roddick - two serious contenders for Wimbledon - both face a struggle to get to their peaks in time. There are plenty of other banana skins for Murray to slip on. This week shows that grass is no longer the one-dimensional match surface it once was. It's not ideal for Murray but there isn't really a dominant grass-courter in the way Nadal has owned clay for the last few years.

The big question is whether Murray can keep the heid for 7 five set matches. His developing maturity suggests he could. But I wouldn't put a tenner on him!

Carl Spackler

I hope he wins Wimbledon.

However, if he does be prepared to be knee-deep in middle English spunk. We'll be mopping the **** up for weeks.

Actually, no we won't, gid job Hadrian built a wall in my opinion.

Murray is an arsehole, he's going to be the Colin Montgomerie of tennis, he'll win diddy tournaments, but never a major, just like the wee poofs football team :smiley2:

Well done Andy, great performance under pressure today. Apparently though your'e going to be the Monty of tennis:hat2:, we'll see. Brilliant comment from someone who couldn't buy a win in several games of tennis with this poster.

rossthejambo

do you not get bored typing the same pish every time an andy murray thread appears?

personally i'm glad he won Queen's. Gives him confidence going into Wimbledon.

I was under the impression he was actually a Barca supporter rather than a hibby.

I think you're wrong there. He's getting the hype all right for having won at Queen's. This is not a significant tournament on the tennis tour; I think it gets 250 point, might be 500, whilst Murray's won Masters series at least twice as prestigious (ranking points-wise) and the coverage hasn't been quite as excited as we're seeing now.

Might be just because Queen's is on the BBC but they're definitely getting their adulation out of proportion to the achievement.

good post, although i think the reason for the hype around Queen's is of course because it's on grass and gives an indication (although missing Fed and Nadal it's not as valid) of who's likely to do well at Wimby.

Mr Murray has played exceptionally well this week and i will be surprised if he doesn't reach at least the semi's. Is he favourite? No. Does he have a very good chance of winning it? Yes. I think it might just be worth a cheeky wee tenner !

Optimus Prime
Murray is an arsehole, he's going to be the Colin Montgomerie of tennis, he'll win diddy tournaments, but never a major, just like the wee poofs football team :smiley2:

Could never support a Hobo.

Murray = :hobofish::rifle:

Deary, dear. Get a life.

I P Knightley
Mr Murray has played exceptionally well this week and i will be surprised if he doesn't reach at least the semi's. Is he favourite? No. Does he have a very good chance of winning it? Yes. I think it might just be worth a cheeky wee tenner !

Unfortunately, the 'home favourite' hype will probably have brought down his odds. I was starting to get tempted to stick my head into a bookie's. Anyone know his current odds?

Deary, dear. Get a life.

Just the one between four? :)

Unfortunately, the 'home favourite' hype will probably have brought down his odds. I was starting to get tempted to stick my head into a bookie's. Anyone know his current odds?

Just the one between four? :)

11/4 on Bet 365. I suspect his odds will shorten considerably over the next week though, so if you're going to, do it now. Especially if Nadal drops out !

With neither Fed or Nadal playing a warm up tournie Andy has a really good chance. I think he'll reach semis but its not outwith the realms of possibility that he breaks his grandslam duck here.

Where'll you be?!

sittin on the back of Murray's cab laughin at him trying to speak whilst sobbing into a bottle of Wild Turkey mumbling some excuse about there being two world class players at the same time as him which meant he couldn't win a BIG cup... classic excuse from losers that one.

Murray = Hobo Loser

loveofthegame
sittin on the back of Murray's cab laughin at him trying to speak whilst sobbing into a bottle of Wild Turkey mumbling some excuse about there being two world class players at the same time as him which meant he couldn't win a BIG cup... classic excuse from losers that one.

Murray = Hobo Loser

If it takes him 5 years i really can't wait to rub your face in it. The amount of fishing you do on these threads should really result in an infraction, that might actually stop you typing your ****ing pish on EVERY SINGLE murray thread. The fact you think you're funny is even worse. Can't you just see a Murray thread and ignore it?!

I P Knightley
If it takes him 5 years i really can't wait to rub your face in it. The amount of fishing you do on these threads should really result in an infraction, that might actually stop you typing your ****ing pish on EVERY SINGLE murray thread. The fact you think you're funny is even worse. Can't you just see a Murray thread and ignore it?!

chickentroll.jpg

Best ignored.

Let's face it. If you met some arse with that patter in a pub, you wouldn't waste your time extending the conversation.

Oh jings, I've just see Andy Murray unveiling his gear for Wimbledon - predominantly white but with 'GREEN' trimmings. That should calm down those who hate him because of Hibee affiliations - I don't think.

Chad Sexington

Murray = Hobo Loser

Your chat is rotten.

Even the fantasist pants collector is funnier than you.

nanananananana-angus
Your chat is rotten.

Even the fantasist pants collector is funnier than you.

Jings,I confused 3inabednar for the very man you speak of.I wonder who'll be the more offended.:hat2:

Optimus Prime
Oh jings, I've just see Andy Murray unveiling his gear for Wimbledon - predominantly white but with 'GREEN' trimmings. That should calm down those who hate him because of Hibee affiliations - I don't think.

Clearly a calculated ploy by Murray and Fred Perry to annoy the anti-Murray KB brigade.

jings mate this is a bit of fun on the net messageboard, you're taking me far to seriously. I do hate Murray because he his a Hobo and a torn faced miserable git aswell but you shouldn't take so much offence from what I type. You like him, I hate him, KB is about opinions, we both have ours. simples.

I can't ignore a Murray thread because i hate the fact we even have threads about him, he should be banned from the board he's so bloomin miserable, look at Ronaldo, 80m sheets, up town in Las Vegas, smiling, chatting up burds, a happy man at the top of his game. Murray is so dour and miserable he almost doesn't deserve success, give it to someone who will lap it up and enjoy it please.

Tommy Wiseau

He can only beat those put in front of him and he did so exceptionally well this week.

I think the media are adapting well to Murray and he's maturing in his ways of dealing with them.

Nadal and Roddick - two serious contenders for Wimbledon - both face a struggle to get to their peaks in time. There are plenty of other banana skins for Murray to slip on. This week shows that grass is no longer the one-dimensional match surface it once was. It's not ideal for Murray but there isn't really a dominant grass-courter in the way Nadal has owned clay for the last few years.

The big question is whether Murray can keep the heid for 7 five set matches. His developing maturity suggests he could. But I wouldn't put a tenner on him!

It's purely because Queen's is a grass-court tournament. The British media want to see British players doing the damage at Wimbledon, Queen's is a warm-up tournament for Wimbledon that lots of previous winners have won. It's natural that this will be the win the media makes most out of.

Hard and clay are just side dishes to Wimbledon for most of the British media - it's blinkered, but it's true. Murray winning at Queen's allows them to get excited about the possibility of a British male winner at Wimbledon.

FWIW, I don't think they'll see it just yet. For me, Federer will take back what is his and cement his place as the greatest ever. As much as I like Murray, I kind of hope that's what happens as well. Murray can win the US Open instead and have Wimbledon in a year or two - hopefully.

As an aside, I trust everyone on this thread who claims to hate arrogance from their sportsmen were thoroughly disgusted when Paul Hartley was at his peak for us?

Tommy Wiseau
jings mate this is a bit of fun on the net messageboard, you're taking me far to seriously. I do hate Murray because he his a Hobo and a torn faced miserable git aswell but you shouldn't take so much offence from what I type. You like him, I hate him, KB is about opinions, we both have ours. simples.

I can't ignore a Murray thread because i hate the fact we even have threads about him, he should be banned from the board he's so bloomin miserable, look at Ronaldo, 80m sheets, up town in Las Vegas, smiling, chatting up burds, a happy man at the top of his game. Murray is so dour and miserable he almost doesn't deserve success, give it to someone who will lap it up and enjoy it please.

It's exactly that attitude - you call it miserable, his coaches would call it professionalism - that make him the player he is.

That said, if I had his ability I'd be deid within a year. :laugh:

PresidentRomanov

No proper Hearts fan would want Murray to win Wimbledon - fact :smiley2:

Optimus Prime

Maybe Murray isn't doing those things as he's preparing for his biggest tournament of the year, while Ronaldo is on his holidays. Small point but quite crucial. :2thumbsup:

Optimus Prime
No proper Hearts fan would want Murray to win Wimbledon - fact :smiley2:

Damn, i better cancel my season ticket now. :32:

PresidentRomanov
Damn, i better cancel my season ticket now. :32:

No need for that, lots of season ticket hoders don't really understand what being a proper Hearts man is all about :smiley2:

Optimus Prime
No need for that, lots of season ticket hoders don't really understand what being a proper Hearts man is all about :smiley2:

Uberfan alert!!:surrender:

Maybe Murray isn't doing those things as he's preparing for his biggest tournament of the year, while Ronaldo is on his holidays. Small point but quite crucial. :2thumbsup:

and you think even if Murray was on holiday he would be out enjoying himself??? no chance, he's that dour he'd probably be sat at home wi a book wondering where his balls were.

Sad to see "Hearts fans" falling over themselves to congratulate a hobo on winning a diddy tennis tournament. I have to say it turns my stomach. :43:

Don't tell me, you hate Andy Murray as well?

No mate, I would love him to win Wimbledon, the post was aimed at PR.

Optimus Prime
and you think even if Murray was on holiday he would be out enjoying himself??? no chance, he's that dour he'd probably be sat at home wi a book wondering where his balls were.

Whatever floats his boat. I'm more interested in what he does on a tennis court.

PresidentRomanov
No mate, I would love him to win Wimbledon, the post was aimed at PR.

Whoooooosh :10900:

Chad Sexington

And yet given the choice between an evening with Murray's sour hobo face or listening to your "comedy"... I think I'd rather go for a pint with Andy.

Weird eh? :hat2:

PresidentRomanov
And yet given the choice between an evening with Murray's sour hobo face or listening to your "comedy"... I think I'd rather go for a pint with Andy.

Weird eh? :hat2:

You could invite the Proclaimers along too and make it a foursome :smiley2:

Optimus Prime
Sad to see "Hearts fans" falling over themselves to congratulate a hobo on winning a diddy tennis tournament. I have to say it turns my stomach. :43:

And there was me thinking you'd be w*nking over the fact he's representing Great Britain.

PresidentRomanov
And there was me thinking you'd be w*nking over the fact he's representing Great Britain.

You must be confusing me with someone else :hat2:

Chad Sexington

Therapist said that without moving his lips. :th_o:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It would seem that you are the confused one.

:10900:

No idea what you are waffling about

Whoooooooooooooosh indeed. :10900:

Archived