Well done Andy Murray

Jeepers

Just defeated James Blake 7-5, 6-4 in the final at Queen's. Hopefully he can go a step further and win Wimbledon.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say what you will about him. It's great to see a Scot challenging at the highest level in tennis. 10 times the player that english ponce ever was. Already.

well done Andy, tennis equivalent of the Tennent's sixes in the bag, another WEE trophy to collect just like your favourite team.

loveofthegame
well done Andy, tennis equivalent of the Tennent's sixes in the bag, another WEE trophy to collect just like your favourite team.

Why do you even post on these threads?! ******.

Brilliant win for Murray.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Arsehole of a man.

Murray that is, not you.

Jealousy is a horrible emotion.

Optimus Prime

Superb stuff from Andy. It's great to have a genuine world class Scottish sportsman and everybody should be getting right behind him. Lets hope he's lifting another trophy in 3 weeks time.

Jake LaMotta
Jealousy is a horrible emotion.

Oh i'd love to be a multi millionaire.

As for the rest, I'd rather be me to be honest.

If you knew me, you'd rather be me too. :2thumbsup:

Could never support a Hobo.

Until he comes onto the court wearing a Hibs shirt kissing his badge he'll get my full support. This is about tennis. Not football.

Just defeated James Blake 7-5, 6-4 in the final at Queen's. Hopefully he can go a step further and win Wimbledon.

Mods - please move this to The Shed.

Thanks.

Ryan Gosling
Until he comes onto the court wearing a Hibs shirt kissing his badge he'll get my full support. This is about tennis. Not football.

And can you tell me what this forum is about?

Hopefully he can develop a personality too.

Jake LaMotta
Why?

Jesus.

Because I think he is.

He looks like a tit, sounds like a tit, moans like a woman and is of the Hibernian persuasion.

Excuse me for not particularly liking him.

The fact that he is 'Scottish' and is relatively decent in a sport I care not a lot for doesn't change my opinion on him.

He's an arsehole.

loveofthegame
Jesus.

Because I think he is.

He looks like a tit, sounds like a tit, moans like a woman and is of the Hibernian persuasion.

The fact that he is 'Scottish' and is relatively decent in a sport I care not a lot for doesn't change my opinion on him.

He's an arsehole.

Relatively decent?! Slight understatement there mate... Thats like saying Kaka is relatively decent at football...

Jake LaMotta
Relatively decent?! Slight understatement there mate... Thats like saying Kaka is relatively decent at football...

Andy Murray is the tennis equivalent of Kaka?

:nah:

Chad Sexington

I'm sure that Murray will be devastated to learn that some internet nerds don't like him. :2thumbsup:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Andy Murray is the tennis equivalent of Kaka?

:nah:

I think he's probably saying that they are both the 3rd best in the world, at their respective sports.

:2thumbsup:

loveofthegame
I think he's probably saying that they are both the 3rd best in the world, at their respective sports.

Thank you.

Jake LaMotta
I'm sure that Murray will be devastated to learn that some internet nerds don't like him. :2thumbsup:

I'm sure that the Internet nerds are giving their opinion on him via a football forum because they fully expect their opinions to be read by Mr Murray himself.:2thumbsup:

Jake LaMotta

So he's relatively decent?

Commander Harris

andy murray is a very good tennis player, couldn't give a hoot what football team he does or does not support.

my god there's some freaky tits about.

murray played some suberb tennis throughout the tournament. he had to tough out the important points when it really mattered and he did so successfully. the sign of a real top player.

i don't think he'll win wimbers but with a fair wind he could go close.

question.

why in a country where english people are utterly desperate for an englishman to cheer on are scottish people slagging off a scotsman who is acting as a begrudged proxy for them?

i think it's hilarious.

Carl Weathers

Murray will never be fully excepted at Wimbledon. I don't neccessarily think it's because he is Scottish - just the fact that some people can't take to him.

Fwiw, I think he seems like a decent guy. He's obviously pretty uncomfortable doing interviews. Great tennis player.

Nucky Thompson

I like the fact that he's Scottish and great at his sport. I hope this year he becomes the first Brit since Fred Perry to win Wimbledon:2thumbsup:

Jesus.

Because I think he is.

He's an arsehole.

I asked you a simple question and you instantly went on the defensive...insecurity in my opinion.

You may grow out of it :stuart:

I also wonder if he posts on forums like a tit:2thumbsup:

For years, all of us north of Hadrians wall have whined and complained about the bias reporting and exaggeration that went anywhere that Tiger Tim went.

Murray has more talent in his pinky that Henman ever had. He'll never get the same hype and recognition because he isn't ever going to be a media darling.

He's a bit awkward, but we have a Scottish lad who is genuinely world class in his sport and we still whine and complain. I don't get it.

Delighted for Murray. I don't think he'll win Wimbledon this year, but he will get his hands on a Grand Slam at some point.

PresidentRomanov

Murray is an arsehole, he's going to be the Colin Montgomerie of tennis, he'll win diddy tournaments, but never a major, just like the wee poofs football team :smiley2:

Thanks, brains. :2thumbsup:

Think nothing of it,always help out the under educated when possible:smiley2:

Now chill out and learn from the adults and youll be fine:2thumbsup:

Jake LaMotta
Think nothing of it,always help out the under educated when possible:smiley2:

Now chill out and learn from the adults and youll be fine:2thumbsup:

Irony at it's finest.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Murray is an arsehole, he's going to be the Colin Montgomerie of tennis, he'll win diddy tournaments, but never a major, just like the wee poofs football team :smiley2:

Not what many legends of tennis believe (Agassi, McEnroe etc)

They're opinions are worth listening to.

I like the fact that he's Scottish and great at his sport. I hope this year he becomes the first Brit since Fred Perry to win Wimbledon:2thumbsup:

I concur.

Re the placing of this thread- I should have put it in the shed. My mistake. Still think its ridiculous people have responded to this thread just to have a go at him. He's potentially a future number 1 in tennis. Him and nadal will be fighting over it for years to come IMO. Yes, he's a bit of a baby on court at the times, but not as much as he used to be and has seemingly channeled his frustration when playing into winning matches. With a little more screwing of the nut we potentially have a SCOTTISH champion which makes me proud :10900:

shaun.lawson
my god there's some freaky tits about.

murray played some suberb tennis throughout the tournament. he had to tough out the important points when it really mattered and he did so successfully. the sign of a real top player.

i don't think he'll win wimbers but with a fair wind he could go close.

question.

why in a country where english people are utterly desperate for an englishman to cheer on are scottish people slagging off a scotsman who is acting as a begrudged proxy for them?

i think it's hilarious.

Plenty of English people slagged Henman off too, vic - it always struck me as inverted snobbery on their part. It's tall poppy syndrome I'm afraid.

shaun.lawson

You wanna bet on that? He's not certain to win a major, but is highly likely to, and will have a fantastic chance at the US Open. That's where I think he'll break his duck; and if he does, next year's Wimbledon could follow.

Radioactive Mince
Irony at it's finest.

It was almost a great comeback. Yes, almost.

"It's good but it's not right!"

arts-graphics-2008_1130259a.jpg

No apostrophe.

In response to the thread topic; it's good that a Scottish sportsman is doing so well, I have respect for that, but still cannot bring myself to like the Hibs ****.

Mince.

wonder if in 20 years Andy will be found slumped in a taxi reekin of his own pish, inconsolable as he remises on a career full of diddy cups..........

Jake LaMotta
It was almost a great comeback. Yes, almost.

"It's good but it's not right!"

arts-graphics-2008_1130259a.jpg

No apostrophe.

In response to the thread topic; it's good that a Scottish sportsman is doing so well, I have respect for that, but still cannot bring myself to like the Hibs ****.

Mince.

Of course you are correct Mince.

It's ;) often an apostrophe that confuses many, some claim it should be there because it shows ownership, however that isn't possible with an intangible object like irony.

My mistake. I'm sure brains picked up on it also.

Archived