Petrolheads/What Car merged threads

Domokun

Me drives a P-plate Skoda Felicia

Mrs drives an S-plate Toyota Corolla

...and we've been given the use of an 06-plate MX-5 soft-top for a coupla years :D

Get some pics too then ;)

This for day to day use -

Evo.jpg

This for weekend fun up at knockhill -

205en9.jpg

And also got a couple of Citroen AX Gti's (pretty rare) lying about which i'm planning on fixing up to take the strain off fuelling / running the Evo.

skotskosparta

Skoda - Octavia _ Elegance,

Same as this one, but in blue.

6d55470ea6c4b6f394c8a866f2a5d3ff.jpg

6dbb536e40019a8e9c61e69778491819.jpg

9ba7b815c9bc8896085360737e58ca0b.jpg

Choice of two next year for me.

VW Passat

vw_passat_wagon_review.jpg

Or

Skoda Octavia RS

27photo.jpg

26photo.jpg

And also got a couple of Citroen AX Gti's (pretty rare) lying about which i'm planning on fixing up to take the strain off fuelling / running the Evo.

Erik, my first car was an AX GT. I'd love another one. Gti would be even better. Fancy selling one or other of them? :cool:

PS, Mods....

Any chance of merging the "petrolheads" thread with this one as I'm a bit gutted my thread vanished off the face of the forum and two other car threads have since appeared........

Erik, my first car was an AX GT. I'd love another one. Gti would be even better. Fancy selling one or other of them? :cool:

I bought a maroon one over a year ago now and its not moved since, but to be honest, I think its been in a bump at some stage in its life - the camber on one of the front wheels is um "questionable" so I think maybe one of the chassis legs or something is twisted.

Just picked up a white one last week thats in need of some TLC - but gonna strip all the good bits off the maroon one and use them to get the white one sorted out.

At that point, i'd say you could take the maroon one, but to be honest, there's probably not going to be much worthwhile keeping left on it.

Cool wee cars though - Always liked them in a retro kinda way

I bought a maroon one over a year ago now and its not moved since, but to be honest, I think its been in a bump at some stage in its life - the camber on one of the front wheels is um "questionable" so I think maybe one of the chassis legs or something is twisted.

Just picked up a white one last week thats in need of some TLC - but gonna strip all the good bits off the maroon one and use them to get the white one sorted out.

At that point, i'd say you could take the maroon one, but to be honest, there's probably not going to be much worthwhile keeping left on it.

Cool wee cars though - Always liked them in a retro kinda way

Hmmm....fair enough.

They are pretty cool I think and weigh about the same as a child's Tonka truck which is a bonus when you've 110bhp (Gti?) or 90bhp for the GTs. Higher power to weight ratio than a Celica GT-4 rally car no less....

My GT was white and was in a bit of a bad way. I blew the head gasket and then when it was sitting fecked outside my mate's house, some d!ck smashed the window and stole my cheapo head unit, so I sold it for ?50 to some boy who died about a week later (not in the car - on a moped).

Anyhow, I'd love a wee project for when my MK2 Golf's finished so keep me in mind. What's the bodywork like on the maroon one? I'd probably shove a Saxo VTS engine in it if the chassis was fixable.....

Well I did a search for Honda and only one thread appeared re dream machines.

Are you a Honda fan?

I've got an S2000.

Anyhow, I'd love a wee project for when my MK2 Golf's finished so keep me in mind. What's the bodywork like on the maroon one? I'd probably shove a Saxo VTS engine in it if the chassis was fixable.....

Its no doubt fixable, but i'd question whether its worth the hassle. I'm thinking of the 16v treatment for the white one, but given that its supposed to be a runabout to SAVE me money, i'll hold off on that for now lol.

I'll keep you in mind when i inevitably get bored and want to punt the white one though lol.... too used to 350bhp and 4WD now lol!!

I drive a red Peugeot 307cc 2L and costs me far too much in petrol!!

Steph honey, try getting worse than the 14mpg I get in the RX7!!

?70 a tank = roughly 200miles :(

Still totally worth it for the smile she puts on my face when I press the loud pedal though... :P:1022:

If ?50 gets you further than 150 miles..... your a lot better off than me, so wheesht lol!!!

Maybe slightly more, but not much, I seem to always be filling it up!!

I was thinking....

Does anyone know of any secure lockups in the Dunfermline area going spare?

It's just that if I buy another car I've no more car parking spaces outside my house.

Also, is anyone interested in going halfs on a small industrial unit (can be had for ?100 pcm) so that folk like me, with no garage, can store/work on their cars?

• 1 month later...
JamboRossi79
Are you a Honda fan?

I've got an S2000.

Nice, guess I will be classed as one now as I get to pick up my new Civic on Sunday :)

Archived