Petrolheads/What Car merged threads

Domokun

I know there are car forums out there but just wondered what everybody on kickback drove or what their dream cars are etc.

I'll start with my boring, practical and pretty cheap daily driver:

1558324_25524795.jpg

I also have my wee baby which is under construction at the mo (I've photoshopped the no. plate - that reg would cost many times more than the car)

PaintShopGolf.jpg

And my dream car: 50-odd grand of 160mph plus with room for the pram? Yes please sir.

bmw-m5-touring.jpg

Might be a Skoda but its a great car

They're VWs really mate. Brilliant motors.

Your toy? I'm not that up on Yank mobiles....Mustang?

It took a bit of convincing in the first instance on the Skoda but took it for a test drive and never looked back. Its a crackin car would recommend it to anyone.

Ye its a Mustang only the 3.9l model but still has some power at the top end.

It took a bit of convincing in the first instance on the Skoda but took it for a test drive and never looked back. Its a crackin car would recommend it to anyone.

Yeah I think if I was gonna buy a newer *** motor that wasn't a Golf it'd be a Seat or Skoda, defo.

My favourite Volvo, particularly the "pre-Pay only" ones, where we don't have to wait ages for idiots without the right money or wimmin who have to dip into their handbags (after 15 mins waiting for a bus, you'd think they'd have the money ready).

B12AC001_thumb.jpg

I drive a 10 year old Vauxhall Corsa. Wanting to uprate it to make it feel more comfortable.

Fine just now while I'm at uni, but its cost me ?200 in the last month on repairs.

Monkfish, I like the Swift:D

I drive a 5 year old Vauxhall Corsa, and drove an older Corsa before that.

I'm not a fan of big cars because they are difficult to park(fit) in ever-narrowing car parking spaces.

I drive a Skoda Fabia vRs. Get one, I love it! 45mpg and goes like Goncalves!

If I had the money I'd have;

Mitsubishi L200 Warrior - for the school run 'ken

Audi S4 - great performance and a boot

Dodge Viper - just to be silly

AC Cobra - because it's the best looking car I've ever seen

blondejamtart

Currently driving a Toyota Hilux Surf, and if I had the money I'd buy another one (new) tomorrow - but if we're living in dreamland, then a Bugatti Veyron would be rather nnice!

drive a 106, hate the wee thing. Quite like the look of the swift - exp in white...

Would like a Porsche GT3. but I am still a few pennys off being able to afford one

I've always wanted an old-style Mini Cooper.

Who actually thinks the new shape ones are better looking? I know which one I'd rather have.

Old:

72869732_a9b0fab7c4_b.jpg

New:

mini-cooper-s-f3q.jpg

PS: Monk I quite like yer Swift. Are they as fast as the old style Swift GTIs?

blondejamtart

I love the old Minis - learned to drive in one, drove all types of Minis for years -everything from the basic bog-standard Mini to the pick-up and even a van. Oh, and I used to rally them too - Cooper S, definitely the mutt's nutts!! Ever seen a Mini do a triple somersault - well I have, from the inside, and had the broken collarbone to show for it!

I love the old Minis - learned to drive in one, drove all types of Minis for years -everything from the basic bog-standard Mini to the pick-up and even a van. Oh, and I used to rally them too - Cooper S, definitely the mutt's nutts!! Ever seen a Mini do a triple somersault - well I have, from the inside, and had the broken collarbone to show for it!

Ouch!

Must admit I never had you down as a racer. Just goes to show eh?

I've always wanted to do rally driving. How did you get into it? The closest I've come to proper racing is track days at Knockhill.

blondejamtart
Ouch!

Must admit I never had you down as a racer. Just goes to show eh?

I've always wanted to do rally driving. How did you get into it? The closest I've come to proper racing is track days at Knockhill.

I got into it because my boyfriend at the time (later to become my hubby) was into it, and I started co-driving for him. Competed for years until I had the kids - car club's lady champion three years in a row (oh, and Knockhill was where I broke my collarbone!)

PS: Monk I quite like yer Swift. Are they as fast as the old style Swift GTIs?

Not quite as quick 0-60 (by about .4 of a second) but a slightly quicker quarter mile, iirc (again, by about .4 of a second). Handling is absolutely flawless on em, though.

Had the diesel before I got the sport - quite possibly the slowest car that I have ever driven.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

This is my mundane, drive to and from work/shops car.

dscf0907oj3.jpg

Note: That isn't everyday, can't be arsed washing it, grime you see on it - it's special spray-on rally dirt from Monte Carlo which gives it character. ;)

This is the "beast" I drive when I need excitement! :cool:

smrc2110071701uu2.jpg

Strangely enough it didn't start the day looking as beaten up as in this photo. :(

For anyone who wants to see how the front end came to be in that state then do a search on Youtube for "XR2 Race Crash". :o

Bought a 1992 MR2 a couple of weeks ago and have been walking about with a big smile on my face ever since!! It's just the NA, not the turbo, but its the fastest car I've ever had, handlings a joy and it s got a full mongoose exhaust system which sounds mean as f!ck!!!!

Dunno if my neighbours are loving it tho!!!

....Note: That isn't everyday, can't be arsed washing it, grime you see on it - it's special spray-on rally dirt from Monte Carlo which gives it character...

Seriously, You've had your car sprayed to look dirty?

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
Seriously, You've had your car sprayed to look dirty?

Please tell me that's not a serious question.........:eek:

Please tell me that's not a serious question.........:eek:

It was.

Even though i'm a car owner myself, the closest i get to being a petrolhead is watching Top Gear.

Edit: Hook, Line & sinker. It's been a long day.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
It was.

Even though i'm a car owner myself, the closest i get to being a petrolhead is watching Top Gear.

Edit: Hook, Line & sinker. It's been a long day.

Must have been a lllloooonnnngggg day!!!! :nooo:

However; if you know where to source some wide nozelled spray cans I'm sure I can get hold of a shovell and some mud.

Could be on to a sure-fired winner here! :P

toyota_yaris_3.jpg

What ive got, does a job and costs me peanuts to run, far better car than I ever imagined it would be

No bad speedwise for a lawnmower either:rolleyes:

do quite like the Evo's myself, when I get rid of Rexy i want an Evo VI Zero Fighter - tuned to 340bhp by Ralliart Japan, mmm....

But for the moment the 1300cc (still get cheap tax! ;) ) rotary twin-turbo complete with 307bhp and 14mpg will do me fine!! ;):P

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Future - (dream on)

Dodge%20Challenger%20Concept%202-lg.jpg

That charger is by far the best modern "retro" car made so far.

Even better than the modern Ford GT40 in my opinion.

The front end is a wee bit "chin-y" - due to the US's bumper laws - but it's a fantastic homage to the original car.

It's performance figures blow the original's to dust too.

It's a fecking big car though! :eek:

Future - (dream on)

Dodge%20Challenger%20Concept%202-lg.jpg

The front end is a wee bit "chin-y" - due to the US's bumper laws - but it's a fantastic homage to the original car.

And they start at about $22k.

Madness.

Madness.

Is that all they cost? Bloody hell. Not just that but those ba$tard yanks get to drive cars like that without ridiculously high road taxes and with the added benefit of fuel costing an average of 79c a litre or around 40p!!

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Madness.

I think they cost about $40K in the US.

Sadly that equates to about ?40K here after taxes/import taxes etc.

What do you currently drive ?

I am currently driving this

peugeot_206_sport_17_01_05.jpg

but hoping to trade in for one of these

2452-03.jpg or

seat-leon-5-01-07.jpg

but I really wanted this (but I couldn't convince the other half)

civictyper01.jpg

Me drives a P-plate Skoda Felicia

Mrs drives an S-plate Toyota Corolla

...and we've been given the use of an 06-plate MX-5 soft-top for a coupla years :D

Archived