champs league money

Rods

Is it just me there are a few posters on here saying celtic winning the league would benifit us ?

Would anybody else agree that Rangers winning the league would be more benificial ?

The 10 mill that Rangers would only bail them out not strengthing them

Where celtic would only get stronger therefore taking them further away

This is just my opinion anybody else agree with my logic ?

Gigolo-Aunt

We are a million miles off Celtic.

Rangers NEED the money. If they dont get it, they will have to sell some of the family silver - with lower quality coming in.

No brainer IMO.

I doesn't matter which one wins. Scotland get ?10million for any teams that qualify for the group stages. If both the OF teams get there, they split the 10 mil. If only one gets there, it gets the lot.

The team that wins the league is guaranteed to be in the group stages, the other has 2 grounds to go through first.

Celtic have the higher coeficient so would probably be seeded in the playoffs, so by you logic, Rangers winning and celtic qualifying may be best as then they would both get 5 million each.

Unfortunately 10million will be going to the weej in one shape or another.

coefficient is irrelevant as the round they go in is an open draw (no seeding) so they could draw Arsenal or whoever finishes 4th in Spain/Italy.

Rangers wouldn't have a chance and 2 years without Champions League revenue will bring them down a notch.

I'm not saying this would mean we could get 2nd next year, but it would improve our chance's, particularly for a cup.

oh ah grantona

if celtic win the league they will run away with scottish football for a long time because cash from europe is going to be hard to get for all scottish clubs with new set up but this new set up mite turn out to be better i just cant see many scots in europe after aug or sept.So auto champs league is massive for the old firm as one will run away and one will fall down closer to the rest of us

Archived