Wallace should have erased them.

Guest vanbasten1874

Guest Vanbasten1874

Used to think that hearts need hibs like punch and judy laurel and hardy abbot and costello but now they are becoming an irritating little bunch like a nagging wife you no longer care about even when they beat us they are still ungracious whinging little ***** that it got me thinking would i really miss an edinburgh derby if they were no longer here .

You know what Wallace you really should have .

Used to think that hearts need hibs like punch and judy laurel and hardy abbot and costello but now they are becoming an irritating little bunch like a nagging wife you no longer care about even when they beat us they are still ungracious whinging little ***** that it got me thinking would i really miss an edinburgh derby if they were no longer here .

You know what Wallace you really should have .

Too dam right he should have.

they have wallace mercer to thank that they are still around

Ben Dover

The main thing that erks me about Derby defeats ..............is not that it's our 'alleged; City rivals who have won. It's that we have somehow LOST to a team who can only aspire to becoming......... mediocre.

They are simply an insignificance on Hearts route to greater things :gun_bandana:

jack D and coke

I'm glad they're still here. Edinburgh derby's in the main are ours. I like beating the OF and Aberdeen but gubbing Hibs is special. We need each other.

The main thing that erks me about Derby defeats ..............is not that it's our 'alleged; City rivals who have won. It's that we have somehow LOST to a team who can only aspire to becoming......... mediocre.

They are simply an insignificance on Hearts route to greater things :gun_bandana:

Coming from an era where fans from either side had a mutual respect for each other, the quite pathetic hatred that has built up by certain individuals is absolutely mindless. There seems no end to the level of stupidity, highlighted in posts like this.

Both Edinburgh teams have seriously underachieved for most of their existence, particularly over the last fifty years; both clubs are no more than a mild irritant to the infirms monopoly.

The dross on Thursday shows how poor our team?s are, in particular & just how bad Scottish football really is.

At this present time, the greater things that Hearts need to achieve, is the financial security needed to guarantee the clubs security, to ensure the derby continues.

King of the North

Disagree - wins over the OF are far more special.

Wins over Hibs are, by and large, routine - I have grown up expecting to beat Hibs every time we play them, without fail. Which means that the few times we don't do it, they are just an annoyance, especially when you see how much beating us means to them.

We as a club have always aimed for far bigger and better things than that shower.

Let them have their moment in the sun, but it is pathetic how much Heart of Midlothian FC means to the likes of Murray and Rearend. They hate us more than they love their own club.

Let's not forget - most of their supporters 'greatest moment' in football was a game in Dundee in which Hibs did not even play. They need us to define themselves. We do not need them. Wallace mercer had the right idea - HMFC would have been far bigger now had his vision come to pass. Shame the backward tribalism of the Hivernian fans got in the way.

A pathetic club with weird, deluded fans and neddish players - barely worthy of the name rivals, a point our superior derby record makes clear.

PresidentRomanov

Wins over Hibs are, by and large, routine - I have grown up expecting to beat Hibs every time we play them, without fail. Which means that the few times we don't do it, they are just an annoyance, especially when you see how much beating us means to them.

We as a club have always aimed for far bigger and better things than that shower.

Let them have their moment in the sun, but it is pathetic how much Heart of Midlothian FC means to the likes of Murray and Rearend. They hate us more than they love their own club.

Let's not forget - most of their supporters 'greatest moment' in football was a game in Dundee in which Hibs did not even play. They need us to define themselves. We do not need them. Wallace mercer had the right idea - HMFC would have been far bigger now had his vision come to pass. Shame the backward tribalism of the Hivernian fans got in the way.

A pathetic club with weird, deluded fans and neddish players - barely worthy of the name rivals, a point our superior derby record makes clear.

Best post I've seen from yourself by a country mile, couldn't have put it better myself :notworthy:

The Old Tolbooth
Coming from an era where fans from either side had a mutual respect for each other, the quite pathetic hatred that has built up by certain individuals is absolutely mindless. There seems no end to the level of stupidity, highlighted in posts like this.

Both Edinburgh teams have seriously underachieved for most of their existence, particularly over the last fifty years; both clubs are no more than a mild irritant to the infirms monopoly.

The dross on Thursday shows how poor our team?s are, in particular & just how bad Scottish football really is.

At this present time, the greater things that Hearts need to achieve, is the financial security needed to guarantee the clubs security, to ensure the derby continues.

Ray, your quite obviously a hobo so I'll let you into a little piece of info on why I hate your mob.

When Mercer was trying to shut your mob down, I was one of the few Jambo's who ventured along to the egg and showed some support for you, because I genuinely felt sorry for you lot almost going out of business, as did the vast majority of Hearts fans I knew at the time, I felt it only right that a club like your lot should be saved and allowed to continue to play in derby matches etc.

My opinion on that has somewhat changed ten fold now because of the reaction of your mobs fans when we were in severe trouble at the end of the pieman reign, finding a hobo who wanted Hearts to survive was like finding a hobo scottish cup winners medal, rarer than hens teeth! Every hobo I knew wanted us to go out of business, but they didn't just want us bust, they wanted us dead and buried, never to return, and the venom was staggering.

Since that reaction from your mob, I have changed my opinion and really wish that King Wallace had finished off your mob when he had the chance, and that I hadn't completely wasted a perfectly sunny Sunday afternoon at the hobo raleigh almost 20 years ago when I could have, and really should have been in the pub not giving a toss, I actually feel like a traitor now knowing where I was that day after seeing the way your mob behaved when we looked like we were going under, so forgive me if I don't really give a flying feck about your inane ramblings on trying to come across on a moral high ground, because it really doesn't wash with me anymore.

The only regret I have these days is that King Wallace didn't bury you lot.

The Old Tolbooth

Amen to that brother, ain't that the truth!!

winston churchill

just think,

the great man had his boot on their neck and he took it off.

just think,

the great man had his boot on their neck and he took it off.

And to think there were Hearts fans/players helping him pull that boot off.

He should have, with the help of the Hearts support, forced that boot down harder and when flat squished the last breath out of them (as you do with a fag).

jack D and coke
Oh dear.

What you oh dear'in at? I believe Hearts and Hibs both need each other. I agree with some of the other points made on this thread about them hating us much more but ultimately they spur us on to be at least better than them. Plus the times they **** up in the scottish cup! How good was that cup game this season? Or lose to some minnows like Livvy in cup finals or Dunfermline or Ayr Utd in semi's. All that taken away? Not for me bro. I've got too many pals and family that are Hobo's anyway i dont hate them like i hate the OF.

Ray, your quite obviously a hobo so I'll let you into a little piece of info on why I hate your mob.

When Mercer was trying to shut your mob down, I was one of the few Jambo's who ventured along to the egg and showed some support for you, because I genuinely felt sorry for you lot almost going out of business, as did the vast majority of Hearts fans I knew at the time, I felt it only right that a club like your lot should be saved and allowed to continue to play in derby matches etc.

My opinion on that has somewhat changed ten fold now because of the reaction of your mobs fans when we were in severe trouble at the end of the pieman reign, finding a hobo who wanted Hearts to survive was like finding a hobo scottish cup winners medal, rarer than hens teeth! Every hobo I knew wanted us to go out of business, but they didn't just want us bust, they wanted us dead and buried, never to return, and the venom was staggering.

Since that reaction from your mob, I have changed my opinion and really wish that King Wallace had finished off your mob when he had the chance, and that I hadn't completely wasted a perfectly sunny Sunday afternoon at the hobo raleigh almost 20 years ago when I could have, and really should have been in the pub not giving a toss, I actually feel like a traitor now knowing where I was that day after seeing the way your mob behaved when we looked like we were going under, so forgive me if I don't really give a flying feck about your inane ramblings on trying to come across on a moral high ground, because it really doesn't wash with me anymore.

The only regret I have these days is that King Wallace didn't bury you lot.

John, I have been posting on here for the last few years & never hid the fact I was a "Hobo". My opinion on the hatred wasn't just confined to Hearts fans, as clearly both are as bad as each other.

You seemed to have illustrated my point though, back in the days of Mercer there was far from being just Hearts fans who didn't want the buy out to go through. Recently, with Vlad on board & the level of debt Hearts now have, you have Hibs fans who want hearts to go under & others that hope Hearts get through this sticky period. Again, like you stated the reasons for the way you feel how you do, you get people who argue that the reason they want hearts to go under is because of the level of venom they get from the other support, the fact remains that both are as bad as each other. There is no moral difference between the two, its a vicious circle, but that doesn't mean to say it is right.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Vanbasten1874

JohnMitchell and king of the north 2 great posts that i was struggling to articulate by starting this thread i thank you both .

Caused in the large part by the anonymity of internet message boards IMHO.

good post there johnmitchell

i also helped by getting petitions and the likes signed as i enjoyed the derbies, i had hobo mates etc, and i really don't like seeing clubs go out of business.

now however, i couldn't give tuppence, and i'm also sorry i wasted my time back then.

i still to this day maintain however, that had mercer not gone into this as he did, that hibs would have floundered and that his campaign injected some life into them and it IS what saved them from an almost certain death

jambonian
I'm glad they're still here. Edinburgh derby's in the main are ours. I like beating the OF and Aberdeen but gubbing Hibs is special. We need each other.

If you look at other derbies around the world, two teams from the same city are not necessarily your biggest rivals. I've said for years that our rivals are Celtic and Rangers if we ever show any ambition to win things, look at Man Utd, their biggest rivals are Liverpool, not Man City and probably, with the exception of the oldfirm derby, lots of other countries, Real Madrid's biggest rivals are Barcelona, not Atletico Madrid, are a good example. I couldn't care less if i never see another Edinburgh derby again, all they are, are an irritating itch you can't reach to scratch at, shame they haven't gone out of business yet.

I firmly believe that if big Wallace had wiped the feckers out back then both Edinburgh and Scottish football in general would be a much better and nicer place.

Great posts by johnmitchell and King of the North and ones I agree with to an extent.

Being a relatively young Jambo, I don't remember the Wallace Mercer thing but the attitude of Hibs fans during the Save our Hearts/ Pieman times was nothing short of, as johnmitchell put it, venomous. They hated us more than they supported their own team.

Hearts are obviously the bigger of the two clubs in terms of achievements and supporters attitudes. The derby record proves this. However, I would miss the derby, the atmosphere and the special victories we've had over them so I wouldn't want to see them go out of business. Plus, the Hibs fans I have as mates aren't any different as football supporters, they've just chosen the wrong side.

I firmly believe that if big Wallace had wiped the feckers out back then both Edinburgh and Scottish football in general would be a much better and nicer place.

Correct.

And those that give up their free time to volunteer in charity shops would be able to go to work knowing they wouldn't have to mop up pish in their doorways first thing in the morning.

Charlie-Brown

Wallace Mercer might have been able to close down the football club and sell Easter Road etc but I doubt he would have been able to kill the idea of Hibs - they would have just started again at a lower level possibly like Airdrie Utd resurrected themselves and fought their way back up the divisions ...... regardless of the desirability or common sense in Edinburgh uniting it's footballing resources under one umbrella club that would have to be a voluntary arrangement if it ever happens and not one team destroying the other - their fans would never have come to support us in those circumstances and would've supported a non league or 3rd divison Hibs than ever come to tynie.

Wallace Mercer might have been able to close down the football club and sell Easter Road etc but I doubt he would have been able to kill the idea of Hibs - they would have just started again at a lower level possibly like Airdrie Utd resurrected themselves and fought their way back up the divisions ...... regardless of the desirability or common sense in Edinburgh uniting it's footballing resources under one umbrella club that would have to be a voluntary arrangement if it ever happens and not one team destroying the other - their fans would never have come to support us in those circumstances and would've supported a non league or 3rd divison Hibs than ever come to tynie.

Wouldn't want any of those filthy barstards anywhere near Tynecastle anyway.

Gigolo-Aunt
Wouldn't want any of those filthy barstards anywhere near Tynecastle anyway.

Correct.

JohnMitchell and king of the north 2 great posts that i was struggling to articulate by starting this thread i thank you both .

Ill second that.

Serj Tankian

I backed Wallace at the egm to put them out of business they are an iritant on edinburgh life .

Archived