VR buys up a basketball club (merged threads)

Magnoem

I suspect he is very comfortable with our debt - hence the lack of immediate action regarding it.

Fair enough. Maybe he is.

I'd imagine had Robinson launched into a takeover of the Ice Hockey team or Edinburgh rugby when we were ?20m odd in debt and cost cutting every season there would have been carnage on here.

If there was any other club in the country that had the debt to income ratio we had, were clearly significantly cost cutting and reducing the quality / experience of their squad and their main benefactor sauntered off investing in another team in another sport I'd expect they'd be fairly "miffed"

Fair enough. Maybe he is.

I'd imagine had Robinson launched into a takeover of the Ice Hockey team or Edinburgh rugby when we were ?20m odd in debt and cost cutting every season there would have been carnage on here.

If there was any other club in the country that had the debt to income ratio we had, were clearly significantly cost cutting and reducing the quality / experience of their squad and their main benefactor sauntered off investing in another team in another sport I'd expect they'd be fairly "miffed"

I would rather VR put his money and effort into Hearts. However the difference between VR & Robinson in simplest terms to me is that VR has the capacity through UKIO/UBIG to absorb our debt. CPR couldn't via the bank.

I would rather VR put his money and effort into Hearts. However the difference between VR & Robinson in simplest terms to me is that VR has the capacity through UKIO/UBIG to absorb our debt. CPR couldn't via the bank.

Fair enough

I'd be astonished if any Hearts fan wasnt slightly put out that any excess money he has floating around doesnt help us in some way rather than some basketball team.

We are apparently his true love - he thinks about us every day...so we keep getting spun, erm told...

Manny1874

"The most famous ever Lithuanian basketball player and Zalgiris president Arvydas Sabonis admitted his astonishment: „We didn‘t expect any Lithuanian businessman to give a hand to us. Mr. Romanov surprised me. He is the real man. The one that loves sport and always keeps his promises”.

Great quote from the press release on the UBIG website. Think some Hearts fans wont agree with the last statement.

Archived