Disgrace

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

BNP website: Shocking stats

I'll no doubt get pelters from the usual suspects for linking to 'that' site, but before anyone starts, all the quotes and figures have come from the charities Age concern & Help the aged.

It truly is a national disgrace which has been going on for quite some time now, I defy anyone here to say otherwise.

It could be your Grandmother.

edit. Sorry, I could not find any mainstream links to this story.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arnold Rothstein
Shocking stats

I'll no doubt get pelters from the usual suspects for linking to 'that' site, but before anyone starts, all the quotes and figures have come from the charities Age concern & Help the aged.

It truly is a national disgrace which has been going on for quite some time now, I defy anyone here to say otherwise.

Before anyone else opens that at work. It's the BNP website

Cheers, was about to open it...Should have KNOWN when it's ratcatcher posting!! :th_love:

Those shocking statistics made my blood boil with rage.

It could have been my grandmother!!!!

I got so upset reading that fair and unbiased report that I almost soiled myself in disgust.

King of the North
Shocking stats

Nothing on that website is of any merit whatsoever. I'll wait until I see something from a slightly more reputable source before i start getting my knickers in a twist.

What were you doing on the BNP website in the first place? This thread should be closed, imho, before any unsuspecting JKBers open that link at work and find themselves with some explaining to do.

Why am I not surprised, have a dig, ignore the story. :hammer:

In terms of the story, I couldn't give a flying ****.

Thanks.

I thought it was only Huns fans that visited the BNP website.

You forgot about intellectual and social inadequates.

I heard that they like it too.

duckandcover
Shocking stats

Agree with you 100% There is so much wrong with this country.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Thanks for the heads up!!!

JT's & Irons

Couldn't have been my grandmothers cos they're all dead. Killed by immigants I shouldn't wonder.

Is this something to do with the Jazz Mag thread?

:th_love:

And to think that the figure could been a lot higher than 20% but for the Asian families in Britain. Luckily they still believe in a strong family unit and look after their parents and grandparents as they get old.

Regardless of peoples views on the webiste this article is from, no one can deny it's a disgrace the way OAPs are treated in this country, especially when compared to Scandinavian countries.

All foreign aid should be stopped until we get our own house in order, giving millions to African countries is absolutely pointless, the money will very rarely reach it's intended target and will more likely line the pockets of corrupt officials. It IS a disgrace when you consider the amount of people requiring help and support in this country.

shaun.lawson
Regardless of peoples views on the webiste this article is from, no one can deny it's a disgrace the way OAPs are treated in this country, especially when compared to Scandinavian countries.

All foreign aid should be stopped until we get our own house in order, giving millions to African countries is absolutely pointless, the money will very rarely reach it's intended target and will more likely line the pockets of corrupt officials. It IS a disgrace when you consider the amount of people requiring help and support in this country.

I agree with your first paragraph completely - but think it has sod all to do with foreign aid or immigration.

shaun.lawson
Nothing on that website is of any merit whatsoever. I'll wait until I see something from a slightly more reputable source before i start getting my knickers in a twist.

What were you doing on the BNP website in the first place? This thread should be closed, imho, before any unsuspecting JKBers open that link at work and find themselves with some explaining to do.

Ratcatcher was on the BNP website because, unless I'm entirely mistaken, he's a fully paid up member of the BNP. The BNP's leader is, of course, Nick Griffin. I asked Ratcatcher the following question the last time he linked to that website, and surprise surprise, he failed to answer. So I'm going to ask him it again, and will continue to do so until he does answer:

In the late 1990s, when criticising Holocaust denier David Irving for admitting that up to four million Jews may have been killed, Nick Griffin described the Holocaust as the "Holohoax", and wrote: "True revisionists will not be fooled by this new twist to the sorry tale of the Hoax of the Twentieth Century".

And in 1998, he went on to say this: "I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that six million Jews were gassed and cremated and turned into lampshades. Orthodox opinion also once held that the world is flat... I have reached the conclusion that the 'extermination' tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie, and latter witch-hysteria".

Nick Griffin is a Holocaust denier; you are a proud member of his party. So could you enlighten us as to whether, in your opinion, the Holocaust happened? If so, what are you doing as a member of a party whose leader denies it; if not, what are you and the BNP but fascist filth?

Does anybody know what the minimum guaranteed income for an OAP is in this country? Sometimes peoples actions, skipping meals, or turning down the heating are caused by a perception of poverty rather than a fact of it.

I don't believe that there is any financial reason for an OAP to skip meals in this country, there may be problem with the support they are getting, they may not be getting all they are entitled to (pension credits etc.) and they may perceive that they can't afford three meals a day or to heat the house properly.

What are the facts? I'm not interested in speculation and anecdotes, especially peppered with attitude like referring to third world countries as ungrateful. How much should they get? Are they getting it? Are they spending it and not saving it up to pass on to grandchildren/pay for funeral expenses? These are the salient points and this is where our responsibility lies.

That Hitler might have been a ****, but he loved his granny.

shaun.lawson
Does anybody know what the minimum guaranteed income for an OAP is in this country? Sometimes peoples actions, skipping meals, or turning down the heating are caused by a perception of poverty rather than a fact of it.

I don't believe that there is any financial reason for an OAP to skip meals in this country, there may be problem with the support they are getting, they may not be getting all they entitled to (pension credits etc.) and they may perceive that they can't afford three meals a day or to heat the house properly.

What are the facts? I'm not interested in speculation and anecdotes, especially peppered with attitude like referring to third world countries as ungrateful. How much should they get? Are they getting it? Are they spending it and not saving it up to pass on to grandchildren/pay for funeral expenses? These are the salient points and this is where our responsibility lies.

I don't know the answer to that. I do know that pensions are certainly not high, and derisory really; many pensioners have to sell their homes in order to pay for being cared in an old peoples' home; the lack of respect shown to them by society nowadays is a complete disgrace; and that many other supposedly more primitive cultures are far, far ahead of ours when it comes to exalting their old and looking after them within strong, extended family structures.

I don't believe that there is any financial reason for an OAP to skip meals in this country, there may be problem with the support they are getting, they may not be getting all they entitled to (pension credits etc.) and they may perceive that they can't afford three meals a day or to heat the house properly.

My Granny died in February Doctor. She was 96 and had been a widow for 40 years.

The last ten years had been the most comfortable in her life. She had enough money to look after herself whilst not skimping. She also saved enough money to give all her grandchildren a nice sum, thanks very much.

My mother is also a widow and her state pension is something like ?700 a month.

Cheers for the heads-up. Fortunately I don't have a problem with giving aid to brown folk so I don't feel the same obvious ire as yourself. As an aside, i'm not planning on having dinner tonight because i'm not very hungry and I ate lunch quite late. Don't worry about me, i'll be cool.

Oh. And anybody who pays to join a party which posts messages like

?150 million of aid to Zimbabwe whose government has blamed Europe for its cholera crisis
on their homepage is a ****bag IMO.

Lucky her. My mother as a widow who didn't pay the full NI stamp all her life gets around ?120 a week which is classed the same as income support. She also gets a pension from my Dads work which is around ?40 a month. However she does manage to run a car and live comfortably. Mainly due to my Dad getting a lump sum from his work when he retired due to ill health and using the whole lot to buy their council house.

I don't know the answer to that. I do know that pensions are certainly not high, and derisory really; many pensioners have to sell their homes in order to pay for being cared in an old peoples' home; the lack of respect shown to them by society nowadays is a complete disgrace; and that many other supposedly more primitive cultures are far, far ahead of ours when it comes to exalting their old and looking after them within strong, extended family structures.

Very good point Shaun.

Perhaps the lack of care we show our elders in the UK comes from the same events which have turned two 11 year old kids into torturers and attempted murderers.

As a country we could learn a lot from some of the immigrants to our society. One of the major benefits of multiculturalism.

Ratcatcher was on the BNP website because, unless I'm entirely mistaken, he's a fully paid up member of the BNP. The BNP's leader is, of course, Nick Griffin. I asked Ratcatcher the following question the last time he linked to that website, and surprise surprise, he failed to answer. So I'm going to ask him it again, and will continue to do so until he does answer:

In the late 1990s, when criticising Holocaust denier David Irving for admitting that up to four million Jews may have been killed, Nick Griffin described the Holocaust as the "Holohoax", and wrote: "True revisionists will not be fooled by this new twist to the sorry tale of the Hoax of the Twentieth Century".

And in 1998, he went on to say this: "I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that six million Jews were gassed and cremated and turned into lampshades. Orthodox opinion also once held that the world is flat... I have reached the conclusion that the 'extermination' tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie, and latter witch-hysteria".

Nick Griffin is a Holocaust denier; you are a proud member of his party. So could you enlighten us as to whether, in your opinion, the Holocaust happened? If so, what are you doing as a member of a party whose leader denies it; if not, what are you and the BNP but fascist filth?

BNPNaziNickGriffin01a.jpg

I agree with your first paragraph completely - but think it has sod all to do with foreign aid or immigration.

I agree, I don't believe it has anything to do with foreign aid or immigration, just very poor policy making. It just highlights how much of a farce it is when vast sums of money are given in aid abroad yet we seem incapable of giving the same aid to our own elderly.

Marmeladent?rtchen

I sometimes skip meals to save money!!

I'm saving for a comfortable retirement!

I sometimes skip meals to save money!!

I'm saving for a comfortable retirement!

I skip breakfast most days.

Someone should tell the BNP so that they can blame it on the browns.

:mw_rolleyes::laugh:

I skip breakfast most days.

Someone should tell the BNP so that they can blame it on the browns.

:mw_rolleyes::laugh:

If you can actually read then I think you would realise they're actually blaming the government, not the 'browns' as you put it. You seem to have some racist tendencies.

Think you should grow up mate, or learn to read.

If you can actually read then I think you would realise they're actually blaming the government, not the 'browns' as you put it. You seem to have some racist tendencies.

Well, you've got me to a tee. I've nothing more to add.

:laugh:

Well, you've got me to a tee. I've nothing more to add.

Seems that way doesn't it. The only person posting racist language on this thread is yourself, says it all really.

:laugh4:

Seems that way doesn't it. The only person posting racist language on this thread is yourself, says it all really.

:laugh4:

Indeed. In tribute to my hero Nick Griffin, I'm off to join the hitler youth, then bum one of my nazi mates.

They're suggesting that third world countries aren't as deserving of aid as our own people. It's an abhorrent attitude.

They're suggesting that third world countries aren't as deserving of aid as our own people. It's an abhorrent attitude.

I don't find anything abhorrent about highlighting how a government/regime shuns it's own vulnerable citizens yet grants an exorbitant amount of money to people outwith that country.

What I do find abhorrent is how people can defend that policy and think countries around the globe are more deserving of our help and support than our own vulnerable citizens. Truly vulgar IMO.

Indeed. In tribute to my hero Nick Griffin, I'm off to join the hitler youth, then bum one of my nazi mates.

Remember and use water based lube, it'll hurt less that way.

MOD EDIT

I don't find anything abhorrent about highlighting how a government/regime shuns it's own vulnerable citizens yet grants an exorbitant amount of money to people outwith that country.

What I do find abhorrent is how people can defend that policy and think countries around the globe are more deserving of our help and support than our own vulnerable citizens. Truly vulgar IMO.

In all seriousness, and without petty jibes, do you not think it's perfectly feasible to do both, and that the report on that website may just be a wee bitty biased?

Yes. Clearly the situation of the elderly in the UK is directly comparable with the widespread famine, starvation and disease throughout the third world.

I'm alright Jack.

Tell me one reason why an elderly person in Glasgow is any more deserving of aid than an elderly person in Sudan?

My Granny died in February Doctor. She was 96 and had been a widow for 40 years.

The last ten years had been the most comfortable in her life. She had enough money to look after herself whilst not skimping. She also saved enough money to give all her grandchildren a nice sum, thanks very much.

I must admit I'm always mystified when these stories crop up. My grandparents and my parents have/had nothing but the state pensions and all manage to life comfortably. No great luxuries but that's not what the state pension is for.

Thanks Deek, that kind of confirms what I thought.

I'm not saying for second that our pensioners get too much, or that they don't deserve more. We could certainly look after our OAPs better and they could certainly be better represented in our society. I understand that many feel isolated and disregarded and that is a shocking state of affairs, but I think that the financial provision made is adequate, barely adequate perhaps, but it's adequate enough for there to be no need to skip meals or suffer from cold.

Like all welfare state payments much of the provision is means tested, but so is everything else, so is the tax we pay and the benefits we receive if we are eligible. I get tax credits, they're means tested, very few payments aren't. Why should an OAP who needs full time care not pay for it if they have the means? If they sell their home and are cared for by the state in a nursing home so be it, what's the alternative? Should they live in their own home and not get the nursing care they require? Why should the state pay for that care when they have collateral in their house that can provide even better for them? If they kept their house the inheritors would only lose a huge portion of it in death duties anyway.

I don't think the system is perfect, but I don't believe a word written on that BNP site. If there is a need it's for support and information, to ensure that every OAP gets what they are entitled to and is comfortable and safe. The need is certainly not the scaremongering and racist agenda of the BNP.

The fact that it bothers to highlight the amounts spent on foreign aid shows them up for what they are - racists.

If they are so concerned about old people then why not say so without blaming foreign aid.

The lack of funding for older people is not down to foreign aid and to portray in that way is pretty low. It's quite clearly an attempt to make less intelligent inadequates subsrcibe to their racist political agenda.

I'd also be interested to know (if such figures exist) how much money the UK has made in interest from unpayable loans to the Third World.

I'm sure that the amounts in the above report pale into comparison.

In all seriousness, and without petty jibes, do you not think it's perfectly feasible to do both, and that the report on that website may just be a wee bitty biased?

Sure it's possible to do both but the problem is they don't and if I had to choose between who gets what then I would pick UK citizens evry time (regardless of race, colour, etc).

There's no doubting the levels of poverty throughout Africa and the millions of people living a pitiful existance, I just don't believe chucking millions upon millions at it tackles the problem in any real way. They need to tackle the root causes of these problems, corrupt administrations, poor infrastructure, tribal mentality (and its not racist to say that).

No one can deny the elderly get a raw deal in this country and more should be done to help them. To say it's abhorrent to believe that is truly nonsense.

shaun.lawson
Yes. Clearly the situation of the elderly in the UK is directly comparable with the widespread famine, starvation and disease throughout the third world.

I'm alright Jack.

Tell me one reason why an elderly person in Glasgow is any more deserving of aid than an elderly person in Sudan?

Careful with that, djf. The elderly person in Glasgow has (hopefully!) paid their taxes, worked all their lives and might well have been part of the WW2 effort too. I've long believed pensions could and should be higher, and that pensioners' treatment in general should be a lot better. I've also long believed that the foreign aid we give is the bare minimum: never more than 0.7% of GDP, and frequently lower, I think.

Times are tough right now. But we remain the world's fifth largest economy, and with better planning and prioritising, should surely be able to do both. The OP, meanwhile, has entirely predictably missed the point that with the age of the UK population rising, and there being more and more pensioners, the only way we'll be able to afford pensions in the future is through immigration. Immigrants, of course, put more money into the economy than they take out.

Doctor FinnBarr
I agree, I don't believe it has anything to do with foreign aid or immigration, just very poor policy making. It just highlights how much of a farce it is when vast sums of money are given in aid abroad yet we seem incapable of giving the same aid to our own elderly.

Agreed!

shaun.lawson
Sure it's possible to do both but the problem is they don't and if I had to choose between who gets what then I would pick UK citizens evry time (regardless of race, colour, etc).

There's no doubting the levels of poverty throughout Africa and the millions of people living a pitiful existance, I just don't believe chucking millions upon millions at it tackles the problem in any real way. They need to tackle the root causes of these problems, corrupt administrations, poor infrastructure, tribal mentality (and its not racist to say that).

No one can deny the elderly get a raw deal in this country and more should be done to help them. To say it's abhorrent to believe that is truly nonsense.

A fair point. But I don't believe for a moment that removing the aid we do provide will help in such regard; in reality, it'd make things worse. Far worse.

I'm alright Jack.

It's not about who's more deserving, we're talking about aid from the BRITISH government; should it go to a BRITISH citizen or a non BRITISH citizen? You tell me.

Clearly I believe we should look after our own citizens first and foremost. There's over six billion people in this world, the majority of which live in abject poverty. Whilst it would be good to help all these people, it's just not feasible and certainly not at the expense of our own needy. Do you disagree with any of that?

It's not about who's more deserving, we're talking about aid from the BRITISH government; should it go to a BRITISH citizen or a non BRITISH citizen? You tell me.

Clearly I believe we should look after our own citizens first and foremost. There's over six billion people in this world, the majority of which live in abject poverty. Whilst it would be good to help all these people, it's just not feasible and certainly not at the expense of our own needy. Do you disagree with any of that?

Yes. Nearly every word. It's the same xenophobic, insular thinking that causes most of the crap in this world.

Kick the darkies out, shut the channel and look after ourselves. The BNP way. Can't possibly see what could go wrong.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/article:1153-BNP-by-election-campaigner-arrested-over-%E2%80%98racist-attack

Archived