What ex player regrets leaving us the most?

i8hibsh

Gotta be Webster or Skacel for me

Severin probably not too much as he is well established at Aberdeen. Albeit not Man Utd where he thought he should be but he is fairly successful at the cod.

Ron Burgundy

There's probably a fair few,however I am not so sure Webster or Skacel are that bothered as both seemed to be more motivated by money than by playing and winning things.

I reckon Lee Miller is a little bit gutted at leaving as is Severin.

There's probably a fair few,however I am not so sure Webster or Skacel are that bothered as both seemed to be more motivated by money than by playing and winning things.

Lee Miller is probably the ex player I hate the most - hope he ends up being a ball boy for sunday League

year before cup win alan johnston bummed about without ever achieving anything.

paul ritchie won cup and went on to achieve nowt.

canny agree wi scott crabbe, as he was pushed.

Scott Crabbe

Crabbe was gutted to leave but Hearts were desparate for the money so he didn't get the choice. A bit different from Webster and Skacel who both engineered their own exits for personal gain.

LloydtheBartender

Scotte Crabbe was pushed. bet walking out the door for the last time hurt him more than anyone since tho

Severin probably not too much as he is well established at Aberdeen. Albeit not Man Utd where he thought he should be but he is fairly successful at the cod.

Neither had much choice IMO about leaving,they were going regardless in one way or another.

Webster didn't want to stay at the time because of the way things were run and Skacel was being sold anyway.

I would imagine that there will be a few who probably wished they had stuck in and tried a wee bit harder to establish themselfs as a first team regular instead of swaning around like billy big boots,these are the guy's who will regret not grabing their chance at a big club.

He's another one who didn't really have a choice,he was offered a crapy contract that they knew he would refuse.Vlad didn't want him,that is a fact straight from a former Hearts hero.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I think Paul Ritchie probably - went from Scotland mainstay and cup winning centre half to English league journeyman, Ibrox figure of fun and roving waster.

What's he doing now?

Neither had much choice IMO about leaving,they were going regardless in one way or another.

Webster didn't want to stay at the time because of the way things were run and Skacel was being sold anyway.

I would imagine that there will be a few who probably wished they had stuck in and tried a wee bit harder to establish themselfs as a first team regular instead of swaning around like billy big boots,these are the guy's who will regret not grabing their chance at a big club.

Complete nonsense. What about preseason 05 when he basically refused to go on tour cos he was trying to manufacture a move?? Hearts made him, he crapped all over us. Hope he rots. Hope his baws go square and fester at the edges

Ryan Gosling

Skacel.

I sat near him at the Siroki game. He had a Hearts scarf on and looked really downhearted.

Dave Mackay but his career was superb afterwards I just think he is the one who regrets it most

Complete nonsense. What about preseason 05 when he basically refused to go on tour cos he was trying to manufacture a move?? Hearts made him, he crapped all over us. Hope he rots. Hope his baws go square and fester at the edges

Listen mate,Webster didn't know what was happening at the start of the season,just like all of us,he got wind the Rangers were after him,thought great I'll go there, had a word with GB and decided to stay.

He then got fecked about for not signing a big contract,worth a few quid,when his current contract still had almost 2 years to run,he got hacked of ,his agent found an escape route and he took it,the rest is history.

Player leave clubs all the time,it's part of football get over it.

I wasn't happy at loosing one of our best players,but what option did he have,he was basicaly told he would never play for Hearts again,what would you do in that situation my friend?

]Skacel.[/b]

I sat near him at the Siroki game. He had a Hearts scarf on and looked really downhearted.

Peanut I thing Rudi would have loved to have made his move to Hearts more permanent,but as I say I don't think he had to much to say about it,he was going regardless.

What's he doing now?

Is he not coaching for Dundee or something?

That would be my shout. I was a little young to fully understand what was going on with Crabbe but I do remember us cheering his name when it was read out as United's no.9 on his return.

To answer the OP, it would have to be Ritchie for me. The other shouts, Webster and Skacel, were probably happy to see the back of Romanov and were probably even more glad when they seen what followed at Hearts.

Listen mate,Webster didn't know what was happening at the start of the season,just like all of us,he got wind the Rangers were after him,thought great I'll go there, had a word with GB and decided to stay.

He then got fecked about for not signing a big contract,worth a few quid,when his current contract still had almost 2 years to run,he got hacked of ,his agent found an escape route and he took it,the rest is history.

I wasn't happy at loosing one of our best players,but what option did he have,he was basicaly told he would never play for Hearts again,what would you do in that situation my friend?

I'm over it, don't worry. Just don't like people taking the likes of Webster's side. He spent the whole season manufacturing a move to Rangers. I don't want people at Hearts whose ambition is to play for the OF. Yes, play at a higher level, maybe even sign for the one of the filthies, but don't tout yourself whilst under contract.

He was rightly frozen out and the whole Wigan debacle made it even more obvious what the scrot was after the whole time.

Christian Dailly is one of my favourite players. Not for his ability but for his loyalty. Doesn't have an agent and says when he signs for a club, he honours his contract. Only the club can sell him, he will stay if relagated to 3rd division. I know not many players are like this these days.

You ask what I'd do in Webster's situation? I wouldn't get myself into it because I'd be too busy concentrating on playing for the club I'm contracted to.

I'm over it, don't worry. Just don't like people taking the likes of Webster's side. He spent the whole season manufacturing a move to Rangers. I don't want people at Hearts whose ambition is to play for the OF. Yes, play at a higher level, maybe even sign for the one of the filthies, but don't tout yourself whilst under contract.

He was rightly frozen out and the whole Wigan debacle made it even more obvious what the scrot was after the whole time.

Christian Dailly is one of my favourite players. Not for his ability but for his loyalty. Doesn't have an agent and says when he signs for a club, he honours his contract. Only the club can sell him, he will stay if relagated to 3rd division. I know not many players are like this these days.

You ask what I'd do in Webster's situation? I wouldn't get myself into it because I'd be too busy concentrating on playing for the club I'm contracted to.

That is the point mate,he was told he wouldn't get to play again for not signing a new contract when his old one still had 20 or so months still to run.

IMO Webster would have been happy to stay if we had a steady ship at the time,as I say that is my opinion.

That is the point mate,he was told he wouldn't get to play again for not signing a new contract when his old one still had 20 or so months still to run.

IMO Webster would have been happy to stay if we had a steady ship at the time,as I say that is my opinion.

Fair enough man, I just hate him! Always seemed to me to be wanting an avenue out, so Hearts called his bluff and he went.

I think what he did using the clause to buy himself out is a scary thing for football as well. As always a club Hearts' size will benefit from smaller clubs but be robbed by larger ones when laws like this apply. I wish it would got back to the old days of proper transfers!

Fair enough man, I just hate him! Always seemed to me to be wanting an avenue out, so Hearts called his bluff and he went.

I think what he did using the clause to buy himself out is a scary thing for football as well. As always a club Hearts' size will benefit from smaller clubs but be robbed by larger ones when laws like this apply. I wish it would got back to the old days of proper transfers!

To a degree yes,thing like these just make a mockery of contracts,it just things like these only seem to happen at Hearts in recent years.

Come on no need to make excuses for the scrote, the plain & simple facts were, he refused to go on tour with the club and done his best to get signed up by one of the bigot brothers, as soon as he heard they were after him.

Webster was absolutely brilliant for us in 2005-6 - one of our best players that season.

Do you think he should have been frozen out for the whole season after Burley sorted out the issue after the Ireland trip? For the rest of his contract? What about after the Tannadice disaster - should he have been allowed to be the main man in the makeshift defence in the great 4-0 game against Hibs?

At what point did Webster's effort on the pitch drop? Did he show any sign on the pitch of not concentrating on playing for the club?

Ray Winstone

Out of the main ones that I can remember Miller, Ritchie, Webster, Skacel I would have to say its a close call between Webster and Ritchie.

Webster's career so far is like a mirror of Ritchie's.

John Robertson? Went to Newcastle and did very little, back in 9 months and a hero again. Also missed our best ever European run.

I'd think Elvis was a bit gutted to leave Hearts... especially in such acrimonious circumstances.

Forget the relative success he had at ra tic... his career was bombin from then on in... he'd have seen out his playin career with us no prob and then moved into coaching.

He was the best player on the park when Falkirk pumped us oot the cup... not that i'm sayin i'd have him as a cb now... but i'd preferred him to have stayed then.

Lee Miller is probably the ex player I hate the most - hope he ends up being a ball boy for sunday League

I hate him too... but i'd learn to like him again if he came back! I reckon under Csaba he'd be a crackin striker for us!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Is he not coaching for Dundee or something?

According to wiki:

In 2009, Paul Ritchie signed with Carolina RailHawks of the USL First Division in the United States.

Hit the big time at last

I'd have to go with Ritchie as well. He was a genuinely top class defender in the making but he completely chucked it away. Skacel's another one mainly because he seems a player that needs to be settled at a club to do well and he's only ever done that with us in his career.

Webster was absolutely brilliant for us in 2005-6 - one of our best players that season.

Do you think he should have been frozen out for the whole season after Burley sorted out the issue after the Ireland trip? For the rest of his contract? What about after the Tannadice disaster - should he have been allowed to be the main man in the makeshift defence in the great 4-0 game against Hibs?

At what point did Webster's effort on the pitch drop? Did he show any sign on the pitch of not concentrating on playing for the club?

Tis a bizzare set of events indeed is the Webster thing.

He did indeed spit the dummy out pre season when he thought Rancers were sniffin and didnt travel to Ireland. Burley did get his head straight but it could now be interpreted as weakness in some circles given the abuse GB is getting ( I dont subscribe to that by the way) he then came back into the fold and played well that season and played most of the times until VLad decided to punish him for his previous behaviour and lack of willingness to re sign

But what a strange manner to do it but we now know that is his style.

With the benefit of hindsight there is no point hanging on to an unhappy player although if we all keep selling to the OF then this riddiculous 2 team system will continue.

From my point of view as a Hearts fan Webster showed total lack of respect to our club and was keen to go before he even knew what the regime was about. There have been many players left Hearts to go on and in there opinion better their careers but left with dignity and have largely been applauded when the play us (Neil McCann to name one) Webster is not on that list but our owner must take a lot of blame for the way it was handled also IMO

rudi must stay

he was never a regular but probably Joe Hamill. He never got a game for Leicester and last i saw was playing for Livingston. Another player who had big things expected of him but never lived up to that

I also respected Christian Dailly when he said - whilst playing in England - that if he ever returned to Scotland the only Scottish team he would ever play for would be Dundee UTD. I remember at the time thinking I really respected that.

Bert Le Clos

Regardless of how or why Webster left the club, his career has probably suffered the most since he left.

1st choice Scotland centre-half, signed by a Premiership club who are now in the top half of the table.

Ritchie and McLaren are up there too, but they were never 1st choice for Scotland, or playing at the same level that Webster would have been had he made it at Wigan.

Skacel was never seriously near the Czech Rep. squad.

Which player actually did leave us the most?

Dave McPherson? Donald Park? Robbo?

Any players who left us more than twice?

And did they regret it? :42:

Which player actually did leave us the most?

Dave McPherson? Donald Park? Robbo?

Any players who left us more than twice?

And did they regret it? :42:

No 28 and a couple of his mates,one minute there here the next there gone and then back,oh my head is spinning,who's still here and who's left?

I'd have to go with Ritchie as well. He was a genuinely top class defender in the making but he completely chucked it away. Skacel's another one mainly because he seems a player that needs to be settled at a club to do well and he's only ever done that with us in his career.

Totally agree with your point.

zicoinexile

I don't know who regrets it most, but I really HOPE it is Andy Webster.

I personally regret not being able to give him a real welcome back to Tynecastle in his Hun colours - what are the chances of that happening now?

He was interviewed in 442 magazine, I think it was maybe in 2004 when he was an ever present in the Hearts line up and was asked - where you will be in 5 years time - his answer "playing for Man Utd or in a pub somewhere....."

Close Andy, close.

Judas ****!

Guest jambomickey

ritchie.

Gary Naysmith, he was in tears when The PieRAT told him he had to leave.

HOPE it is Andy Webster.

He was interviewed in 442 magazine, I think it was maybe in 2004 when he was an ever present in the Hearts line up and was asked - where you will be in 5 years time - his answer "playing for Man Utd or in a pub somewhere....."

Close Andy, close.

Judas ****!

:4_1_72::4_1_72:

thats made my night, fecking fantastic :qqb006:

Paul Ritchie SHOULD regret it, but he is a spineless piece of poo and probably doesn't give it a seconds thought.

Biggest judas ever and also the biggest example that karma may exist.

portobellojambo1

In terms of regretting having left Hearts I would think it would have to be someone like Paul Ritchie, who had so much going for him and threw it all away.

In terms of leaving, with regrets (which is a completely different thing), I can think of two who went and didn't want to, one of them being Antti Niemi. But for me the top in that category, i.e. players who didn't want to leave Hearts but were effectively forced out the door, would have to be Gary Naysmith.

Definitely PHRHEHSSLEY. Celtic *******.

Knocked back by Blackpool, joined Randers ( :laugh: ) and now heading for relegation with Falkirk. GIRUY.

Dr Ian Malcolm

I'd say Skacel. He was geuinely loved at Tynie, and he seemed to love playing here. Couldn't really see past Burley (granted Romanov pi55ed him off as well no doubt) and blindly followed to Southampton.

Fast forward the best part of three years, Burley is managing his country whereas Skacel is stuck at left back for a team heading towards the third tier of English football and potential bankruptcy.

In regard to Webster, he was always going leave Hearts one day (before all the nonsense about contracts, IMO he was a stick on to replace Elvis as captain and be the next big move away along with Gordon). Its the way he left he must regret. Had he simply shown a bit of patience and ignored his ******* of an agent he would have been sold in the summer for a decent fee, no doubt kept his Scotland place and have done more than jog about Murray park for 2 and a half years.

Archived