What ex player regrets leaving us the most?

i8hibsh

id say naismith.seen him in branagins with hearts squad just after the transter went through.spoke to him and he was absolutely gutted at leaving the sons of gorgie

ROMANOV FAN CLUB
Scott Crabbe

Crabo is a bigger Jambo than Gary Locke he was devestated to leave the Jambos only team he ever wanted to play for even as a kid

AllowayJambo

I think anyone who is a genuine Hearts fan and was forced out are the one's who will be gutted most.

Niemi is a legend and always talks up Hearts. I think he loved it here but wanted career progression to the premiership and who could blame him. On the other hand no-one put a gun to his head.

Gary Naysmith was forced out and rumour has it that he was willing to take on a very long contract on not very much money but was basically hunted for the transfer fee.

Scott Crabbe was in tears when he was sold to Dundee Utd. FACT

Gary Locke and Allan Preston are huge Jambo's and never wanted to leave (they would have walked over broken glass to play for us)

As for screwing up thier career: Johnson and Ritchie are right up there but I doubt either care as they probably made a lot of cash from their various clubs (but very little silverware)

I think anyone who is a genuine Hearts fan and was forced out are the one's who will be gutted most.

Niemi is a legend and always talks up Hearts. I think he loved it here but wanted career progression to the premiership and who could blame him. On the other hand no-one put a gun to his head.

Gary Naysmith was forced out and rumour has it that he was willing to take on a very long contract on not very much money but was basically hunted for the transfer fee.

Scott Crabbe was in tears when he was sold to Dundee Utd. FACT

Gary Locke and Allan Preston are huge Jambo's and never wanted to leave (they would have walked over broken glass to play for us)

As for screwing up thier career: Johnson and Ritchie are right up there but I doubt either care as they probably made a lot of cash from their various clubs (but very little silverware)

It is great to see Scott Crabbe and Jimmy Sandison in the crowd each week. Any other former players go to the games regularly?

Ray Winstone
Definitely PHRHEHSSLEY. Celtic *******.

Knocked back by Blackpool, joined Randers ( :laugh: ) and now heading for relegation with Falkirk. GIRUY.

Apart from the Championship medal and all that.

:qqb016:

Ritchie gets my vote too. Never really amounted to anything after leaving us.

Dont think Webster regrets anything. I do hope that he lives to regret the day he dares come back to Tynie though.

Gotta be Webster or Skacel for me

Severin probably not too much as he is well established at Aberdeen. Albeit not Man Utd where he thought he should be but he is fairly successful at the cod.

In terms of real sadness because it brought to an abrupt end the most harmonias work/life balance he had enjoyed in his life ...... Antti Niemi.

Poor guy was on the phone everyday to guys at the Club for months after his transfer just for routine updates such as "How was training today?"

That rumour is true and Gary (like Scott) was in tears when he was TOLD he was being sold. He wanted to stay "for at least a few more years" and was having a house built at the time which he planned to live in with his family.

portobellojambo1

I got told at the time AJ that Gary Naysmith had done all his sums, and worked out exactly how much he needed to get by on, and would not take one penny more than that from Hearts. From what I was told he went into Hearts and asked for an increase of ?16 per week (which equates to ?832 per annum) and was told to shove it by CPR.

bobsajambo1
Scotte Crabbe was pushed. bet walking out the door for the last time hurt him more than anyone since tho

I agree, Grabbe is a true Jambo, I have spoke to him on many occasions and he was in tears when he left Tynie.

Apart from the Championship medal and all that.

Oh aye, bet that felt great.

Played such a massive part in thate aswell. :laugh:

Shnake.

heartsfc_fan
I got told at the time AJ that Gary Naysmith had done all his sums, and worked out exactly how much he needed to get by on, and would not take one penny more than that from Hearts. From what I was told he went into Hearts and asked for an increase of ?16 per week (which equates to ?832 per annum) and was told to shove it by CPR.

Madness

Every player who leaves Hearts regrets leaving the greatest club in the world. It takes some of them a bit of time to realise it, but as soon as you walk out the door at Tynie for the last time, your career is on a downward slope.

To turn the question round a bit, the player I regret leaving most was Alan Johnston.

He coulda been someone. Second only to Colquhoun in terms of a Hearts player that really excited me.

Paul Ritchie I think got bad advice. Should have stayed at Hearts, got persuaded he could've been more, turned out he couldn't. Decent SPL player at best.

After his "landmark" contract opt-out Webster can lick pish off a urinal as far as I'm concerned. The definition of a mercenary.

Skacel is hard to dislike and therefore I don't. But he definitely held his personal ambition ahead of Hearts - as he should - so I find it hard to feel bad for him.

Scott Crabbe was gutted when he left Hearts (against his will). Any comparison with the above is quite simply unfair to him.

Dave Bowman. We sold him as we did all our best players at the time.

Dave went to Coventry, then an English first division team. He never quite made it and ended up at Dundee Utd.

I wish he had came back to us and bet he did also.

He was and still is a Jambo.

Its when you hear stuff like this that your hatred towards the pieman is rekindled tenfold.

However my hatred for pieman is probably actually equalled by my admiration for folk like Naysmith - probably the last of a dying breed of folk who genuinely wanted to play for the club, MORE because of what it meant to them than because of what it meant to their bank accounts.

Their like we shall never see again.

Dave Bowman. We sold him as we did all our best players at the time.

Dave went to Coventry, then an English first division team. He never quite made it and ended up at Dundee Utd.

I wish he had came back to us and bet he did also.

He was and still is a Jambo.

He was involved with some big European nights at Dundee United.

Wonder what he said to get the 17 red cards or whatever it was at his last team.

He was involved with some big European nights at Dundee United.

Wonder what he said to get the 17 red cards or whatever it was at his last team.

He played in the season they got to the UEFA cup final.

We got to the last eight 2 years later, with some big nights also, which I am sure he would have loved to have been part of.

rossthejambo
To turn the question round a bit, the player I regret leaving most was Alan Johnston.

He coulda been someone. Second only to Colquhoun in terms of a Hearts player that really excited me.

Paul Ritchie I think got bad advice. Should have stayed at Hearts, got persuaded he could've been more, turned out he couldn't. Decent SPL player at best.

After his "landmark" contract opt-out Webster can lick pish off a urinal as far as I'm concerned. The definition of a mercenary.

Skacel is hard to dislike and therefore I don't. But he definitely held his personal ambition ahead of Hearts - as he should - so I find it hard to feel bad for him.

Scott Crabbe was gutted when he left Hearts (against his will). Any comparison with the above is quite simply unfair to him.

thats the bit that really gets me about webster, he was getting offered one of the biggest contracts we've ever given out and he told us to stick it more or less. that must have been about a 5 or 6k a week pay rise at least. i don't think he regrets leaving though.

niemi seems to stick in my mind as being someone who really didn't want to leave us

AllowayJambo

It's funny how there are different stories which say the same thing but have different detail!

I heard that Naysmith asked (against his agents wishes) CPR for ?2k per week on a 5 year contract which was no where near top earner (Adam was on ?8k remember). CPR said no way and Naysmith asked what Hearts could offer him and was told 'nothing he had to leave'.

Dunno if it's true but nothing surprises me in the world of HMFC

gerryjambo41
It's funny how there are different stories which say the same thing but have different detail!

I heard that Naysmith asked (against his agents wishes) CPR for ?2k per week on a 5 year contract which was no where near top earner (Adam was on ?8k remember). CPR said no way and Naysmith asked what Hearts could offer him and was told 'nothing he had to leave'.

Dunno if it's true but nothing surprises me in the world of HMFC

Not wanting to sound as if I'm sticking up for the pieman but we needed the money and unfortunately for Gary he had to go .

The thing that really got on my wick at the time is that the(The pieman) never seemed to get any add-ons for players ,i.e. percentage of future transfers probably cos he seemed so desperate to sell

TAM THE JAMBO
No 28 and a couple of his mates,one minute there here the next there gone and then back,oh my head is spinning,who's still here and who's left?

Eamonn bannon left a couple o times i seem tae recall

Archived