Remember back to this time last year & all the talk of boycotts etc

Craigieboy

The old ones are always the best, aren't they... Now if you'll excuse me, I just need to go and check on Shilpa. :sorcerer:

She back from jades Funeral yet?? :10800:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bindy Badgy
boycotts are divisive and punish the team when they've done nothing to deserve it.

Some of the players deserved a good kicking

Does anyone else think the talk of protests on this forum prompted the January 1st statement?

White flags and delaying season ticket renewals I believe.

Looking back on it, I don't think it was silly or regretable, I fully believe Mr. Romanov got word of these plans from one of his "men" and acted to keep the fans coming to games and supporting the team. He may not be fully interested in the team just now, we don't know that, but I still think he wants to try and make the club run like a business financially, for that you need supporters buying the tickets and merchandise so he needed to keep us happy, I believe he has.

The worst thing was the abuse being dished out by a bunch of cyber-geeks to supporters like me because we bought season tickets.

I've still never met one of these people in real life.

Buffalo Bill

The worst thing was the abuse dished out by a bunch of folk with their heads stuck in the sand to those who wanted to demonstrate that all was not well at our club .

I've still never met one of these people in real life because the vast majority of those at Tynie were also very unhappy at the state of our club at the time.

As long as our financial results are issued soon and they show considerable improvement and Csaba does become the first manager under Vlad to actually survive a season then perhaps we can all draw a line under this.

The worst thing was the abuse dished out by a bunch of folk with their heads stuck in the sand to those who wanted to demonstrate that all was not well at our club .

I've still never met one of these people in real life because the vast majority of those at Tynie were also very unhappy at the state of our club at the time.

As long as our financial results are issued soon and they show considerable improvement and Csaba does become the first manager under Vlad to actually survive a season then perhaps we can all draw a line under this.

I'd say that almost everyone on here accepted that there were massive problems at the club. The worst thing on kickback though was that people were actually giving people abuse for buying season tickets as if they were helping to destroy the club.

Some people wanted to support the club no matter how poor we were doing, others wanted to show that they objected to what Romanov was doing. I had no problem with the latter except when they were telling those of us who wanted to continue to support the club that it was us who were contributing to the club's downfall.

Buffalo Bill

That's nothing to do with what I said, but thank for the imitation.

They do say it's the best form of flattery.

And beside, who was stopping them protesting?

Buffalo Bill

Guest casper
Myself and a few others never bought season tickets this year .. but i've been to 95% of the home games, the reason being if the mad one decided to interfere like he had been we had no way to protest. He has all the money up front and can carry on with all his nonsense however he made a great appointment in csaba and has left him to run the team..

The season tickets are down 3000 on last season but i for one will be back and will try convince to others i go to games with to buy a season ticket for next season... in csaba we trust

People like you and me who didn't renew certainly put pressure on for a proper manager to be appointed. I must have got about 20 phone calls asking why I wasn't renewing so not renewing definately had an impact.

Well done to the non-renewers for forcing change.

There is always the nagging doubt that romanov will take one of his mad turns and bring it all crashing down again so I still think the club would be better without him.

The worst thing was the abuse being dished out by a bunch of cyber-geeks to supporters like me because we bought season tickets.

I've still never met one of these people in real life.

Buffalo Bill

We were killing the club!

And we would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky non renewers

Drylaw Hearts
I think it was a pretty good idea to get in a manager.

I agree.

I remember some saying we didn't need a manager.

OMC-HowBizarre.jpg

Buffalo Bill

With respect, I think you're wrong with that assertion.

Hearts were always going to get a 'proper' manager in the summer of 2008 anyway. Just because they made a bit of a mess of it is neither here nor there.

They stated on Jan 1st 2008 that they'd get a manager and they got one.

I don't think non-renewal forced anything.

Buffalo Bill

People like you and me who didn't renew certainly put pressure on for a proper manager to be appointed. I must have got about 20 phone calls asking why I wasn't renewing so not renewing definately had an impact.

There is always the nagging doubt that romanov will take one of his mad turns and bring it all crashing down again so I still think the club would be better without him.

I presume you really believe what youve just written:56:

20 phone calls from who? You certainly changed HMFC single handedly:hammer:

I don't believe that the non-renewers had any impact whatsoever on Csaba being appointed.

Hearts were always going to get a 'proper' manager in the summer of 2008 anyway. Just because they made a bit of a mess of it is neither here nor there.

Buffalo Bill

Exactly. Hearts had been talking to Mark McGhee long before people decided not to renew so that ends that argument.

Guest casper

Buffalo Bill

With respect I totally disagree.

I could list many declarations made by romanov that never came to pass and that he had no intention of keeping.

It is highly likely that the only reason the 1/1/08 statement was not added to that list was because of the pressure put on by those willing to protest and not renew.

Buffalo Bill

Casper,

As far back as Christmas 2007, Hearts hedged their bets on Mark McGhee joining the following summer. Conversations were had.

McGhee was then alowed to travel to the airport ALONE in his talks with Romanov. BFM.

We then allowed McGhee to be talked out of the job before we tried to attract some other managers like Weiss and Roeber.

We eventually got Csaba, thank goodness.

Buffalo Bill

i really hope you're at the wind up there fella. for the sake of the sanity of us both. i think you must be.

in the event that you're not.... that's possibly one of the most deluded and self indulgent statements i've ever seen a hearts fan write.

With respect I totally disagree.

I could list many declarations made by romanov that never came to pass and that he had no intention of keeping.

It is highly likely that the only reason the 1/1/08 statement was not added to that list was because of the pressure put on by those will to protest an not renew.

Can you list the declarations from 1/1/08 please that didnt materialise.

And step forward the protestors who take credit for changing Vlads views:th_love:

Guest casper
i really hope you're at the wind up there fella. for the sake of the sanity of us both. i think you must be.

in the event that you're not.... that's possibly one of the most deluded and self indulgent statements i've ever seen a hearts fan write.

Self indulgent? 3000 people did not renew.

Why did Hearts try and get Mark McGhee in as manager before the non-renewals then if it was because of the non-renewals that we got Csaba?

I don't think there is really any need to ridicule people who felt that way at the time. Sure we've maybe heard it all before, but while the protests may never have got of the ground anyway, it does not mean that the feelings behind them were any less than heart felt.

I also doubt that anybody really has the right to stand and preen themselves claiming they were one of the truly wise to believe in VR and that they have now been fully vindicated !

I myself had no insider knowledge of VRs intentions ( that some claimed to have ) and I was simply living in hope that the Jan 1st announcement would be honoured.

it's self indulgent in the extreme to claim credit for the present day stability at hearts. it wasn't self indulgent for you to refuse to renew because that was your choice. each person had to make their own choice.

there should be no recriminations towards those who chose the route not to renew but it's excrutiating to see those same people now trying to claim the kill now that some peace has broken out at the club.

doesn't really surprise me sadly. this was always going to be the case.

Guest casper
Casper,

As far back as Christmas 2007, Hearts hedged their bets on Mark McGhee joining the following summer. Conversations were had.

McGhee was then alowed to travel to the airport ALONE in his talks with Romanov. BFM.

We then allowed McGhee to be talked out of the job before we tried to attract some other managers like Weiss and Roeber.

We eventually got Csaba, thank goodness.

Buffalo Bill

I'm not sure that the name of the manager is the point.

The point is that that manager is allowed to do his job without interference.

Who knows what Shaggy or, god forbid, even Rix could have done had they been allowed to get on with it.

Csaba has done a great job, but he's been allowed to do it. That for me is the major change this season.

The non renewers forced the changes and saved the club?!?!?

Honestly, you couldnae make it up.

Astonishing. Seriously.

Guest casper
it's self indulgent in the extreme to claim credit for the present day stability at hearts. it wasn't self indulgent for you to refuse to renew because that was your choice. each person had to make their own choice.

there should be no recriminations towards those who chose the route not to renew but it's excrutiating to see those same people now trying to claim the kill now that some peace has broken out at the club.

doesn't really surprise me sadly. this was always going to be the case.

Whereas you can claim credit for having what?...... blind faith.

No. For sticking by the club through thick and thin.

Then again, I'm assuming a club-saver such as yourself has been attending games anyway, so your "never coming back" threats were somewhat empty really werent they.

Buffalo Bill

Casper,

Why didn't you re-new after Csaba joined the club?

I think we lost 3,000 supporters simply because of bad results, rather than politics.

Afterall, we took 38,000 to a cup final knowing full well that Vlad had sacked Burley and was a bit 'mad' etc.

Buffalo Bill

you see that's the whole point... i'm not trying to claim any credit for anything.

i always had faith that things would change for the better. you call that "blind faith", that's another convenient little phrase to suit your agenda.

you chose not to renew, fine that was your choice. i think that was the wrong choice but that's only my opinion. i thought it was never right to go down that route because the club needs it's income to come in.

like i said earlier, i don't think anyone should start crowing towards people like you because they feel vindicated for keeping faith, but i definitely feel that people like you shouldn't occupy some fantasy moral high ground position of having "forced change".

over and out from me on this subject.

Guest casper
No. For sticking by the club through thick and thin.

Then again, I'm assuming a club-saver such as yourself has been attending games anyway, so your "never coming back" threats were somewhat empty really werent they.

I never ever said I'd be "never coming back".

And yes, I have been attending games.

you see that's the whole point... i'm not trying to claim any credit for anything.

i always had faith that things would change for the better. you call that "blind faith", that's another convenient little phrase to suit your agenda.

you chose not to renew, fine that was your choice. i think that was the wrong choice but that's only my opinion. i thought it was never right to go down that route because the club needs it's income to come in.

like i said earlier, i don't think anyone should start crowing towards people like you because they feel vindicated for keeping faith, but i definitely feel that people like you shouldn't occupy some fantasy moral high ground position of having "forced change".

over and out from me on this subject.

Well said that man.

Buffalo Bill
I'm not sure that the name of the manager is the point.

The point is that that manager is allowed to do his job without interference.

Who knows what Shaggy or, god forbid, even Rix could have done had they been allowed to get on with it.

Csaba has done a great job, but he's been allowed to do it. That for me is the major change this season.

Right.

So, then we have a manager, and he's getting on with his job.

That was what we were promised and that's what we got.

Buffalo Bill

I never ever said I'd be "never coming back".

And yes, I have been attending games.

So really, all you did to "save" the club and "force the changes" was deprive the club of money up front?

Ah right, I see how thats helped matters.

Bravo.

i always had faith that things would change for the better.

What was that faith based on? Ever single demonstrable fact pointed towards Vlad chucking another wobbly.

Not having a go, I'm just genuinely interested in how you could keep the faith when things were such a shamble, solely down to VR's mad decisions.

Buffalo Bill
What was that faith based on? Ever single demonstrable fact pointed towards Vlad chucking another wobbly.

Not having a go, I'm just genuinely interested in how you could keep the faith when things were such a shamble, solely down to VR's mad decisions.

Hearts made a right royal mess of getting a manager but they always intended to get one!

Mcghee > Dec 07 - June 08

Weiss

Roeber

Laszlo

Surely folk must realise that the Jan 1st statement was just too defining to go back on?

Buffalo Bill

gorgie rd eh11

3000 didn't renew because the team were not performing. The same reason that people have decided whether to go or not throughout Hearts and every other clubs history. To claim it was for the good of anyone but themselves is nonsense.

Well done to the people who bought season tickets, without you the club would be dead.

Hearts made a right royal mess of getting a manager but they always intended to get one!

Mcghee > Dec 07 - June 08

Weiss

Roeber

Laszlo

Surely folk must realise that the Jan 1st statement was just too defining to go back on?

Buffalo Bill

Your faith was based on the assumption that Vlad's mad decisions had limits?

Hope you're right, certainly looks that way just now. Which we can all be thankful for.

Guest casper
Casper,

I think we lost 3,000 supporters simply because of bad results, rather than politics.

Afterall, we took 38,000 to a cup final knowing full well that Vlad had sacked Burley and was a bit 'mad' etc.

Buffalo Bill

There was no evidence at the time that Csaba was not going to be another in a long line of puppets.

Thankfully it appears he's not, he's done a great job and he's a great character.

But again I'll say, the biggest change has been the lack of interference.

I think the fact the all the 1/2 season tickets were snapped up shows that a decent number of that 3000 were political.

Some mad russian is not going to stop me watching the club I've supported all my life lift the Scottish cup. Afterall, it does't happen very often.

Well done to the people who bought season tickets, without you the club would be dead.

Disagree with that bit I'm afraid buddy.....

Noone saved the club.

Noone killed the club.

Some folk stood by the club.

Some folk turned their backs on the club.

Some who turned their backs came back with their tails between their legs.

Some still remain AWOL.

I've no problem with folk making their own choices. The problem I have is with folk claiming that by doing one thing - they somehow influenced whats happened since then. Oh yeah, and being told by folk who somehow think they know better that my own decision is killing the club.

Guest casper
Right.

So, then we have a manager, and he's getting on with his job.

That was what we were promised and that's what we got.

Buffalo Bill

And I for one am delighted about it.

gorgie rd eh11
Disagree with that bit I'm afraid buddy.....

Noone saved the club.

Noone killed the club.

Some folk stood by the club.

Some folk turned their backs on the club.

Some who turned their backs came back with their tails between their legs.

Some still remain AWOL.

I've no problem with folk making their own choices. The problem I have is with folk claiming that by doing one thing - they somehow influenced whats happened since then. Oh yeah, and being told by folk who somehow think they know better that my own decision is killing the club.

You're correct that there is no black and white with this, i have friends who did not renew. But that wasn't a calculated protest, that was to do with the performance on the pitch. I do believe the people who renewed deserve praise for supporting the club when they needed them most, especially after the ridiculous claims by some that going to support HMFC was killing the club.

Casper,

Buffalo Bill

There was also the impact of the recession on the way.

This might be a hard year to sell season tickets given how tight cash is at the moment. So even though we have had a reasonable season and there is much more optimism - season ticket sales could actually go down this year.

Guest JamboRobbo

Well I renewed, despite massive reservations as to how our club was being run, as I couldn't go through with missing HMFC matches, and I didn't want to lose my seat beside family.

Just my opinion, and others are entitled to theirs, but I feel the thousands who didn't renew undoubtedly sent a simple message to HMFC.

Sort out the mess, or it'll cost you money.

I for one am grateful to those who sent this message, and I am glad that HMFC got the message, and appointed a manager and are now allowing him to manage.

The results of allowing a manager to manage are there for all to see.

Buffalo Bill
Your faith was based on the assumption that Vlad's mad decisions had limits?

Hope you're right, certainly looks that way just now. Which we can all be thankful for.

It's not a case of me being proved right or wrong. I don't care about that.

I'm just sad that our highly motivated, hard-working team is playing in front of 4,000 empty seats at Tynecastle.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
There was no evidence at the time that Csaba was not going to be another in a long line of puppets.

There was no evidence for it either. The Jan 1st statement promised full autonomy.

Let's hope your 3,000 politically motivated non-renewers renew next season if that was your only premise.

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
There was no evidence for it either. The Jan 1st statement promised full autonomy.

Something we'd been "promised" we already had, on numerous occasions, by various spokespersons..........

Guest casper

Let's hope your 3,000 politically motivated non-renewers renew next season if that was your only premise.

Buffalo Bill

The previous 2 years were evidence enough that romanovs promises on managers were mostly hollow.

Buffalo Bill
Something we'd been "promised" we already had, on numerous occasions, by various spokespersons..........

The fact is JR, the club put this statement out on their website as they felt they had McGhee in the bag. Either way, I'm sure we all agree now that Csaba is allowed, under that banner, to be left to get on with his job.

I agree, people were probably weary of the statement and that's their choice. I also think people have the right not to re-new.

But if managerial autonomy is the one reason why folk didn't re-new: then why now, when we all know Csaba is his own man, did we only get 13,000 v Killie on Saturday?

Buffalo Bill

scots civil war

buffalo why dont you just calm down chief,the fact is that romanov got a jolt from the non `real fans` last season.........you and your mob should now accept that

like it or leave it,please stop stirring the pot

accept closure on the matter,its gone

a horrible chapter that has now moved on thanks to those who said no with their integrity and hard earned money

Buffalo Bill
buffalo why dont you just calm down chief,the fact is that romanov got a jolt from the non `real fans` last season.........you and your mob should now accept that

like it or leave it,please stop stirring the pot

accept closure on the matter,its gone

a horrible chapter that has now moved on thanks to those who said no with their integrity and hard earned money

Perfectly calm, thanks. Enjoying a good debate if that's alright with you.

In what way did Romanov get a jolt?

I've already stated the names of his targets, his mistakes and the time lines involved that resutled in the appointment of Csaba. I think I've clearly pointed out that the intention to get a manager was always there from Jan 1st 2008.

If you don't like debate, then stay out of this. You offer nothing here.

Buffalo Bill

I think that there would be more fans at the game if 1) there was more money around and 2) if we were playing better football.

We got sellouts a couple of years ago when both of those were satisfied.

scots civil war

your a bitter person ,i dont appreciate your last sentence one bit ....

yet another example of your holier than thou persona

il let the others carry on the debate as im not resorting to a slanging match with ones ego the size of a house

oh and please reduce the photograph of the kid in your stuff,im sure it aint good for the server

Archived